DX 12 Coming to XBOX One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Microsoft OWNS the PC market, any game going to X1 with DX can easily be ported to PC hence why 360 and x1 share so many titles. PC is just another MS platform until linux gaming starts taking off mainstream. That being said, DX12 hopefully has some good features for devs, I love seeing graphics improvements on any platform.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

Seems like the media is starting to pick up on the news. Whats really interesting is that it seems that the X1 GPU is not what was initially indicated. I was saying earlier that no one did a deep dive into the GPU and that several modifications were made. I think its obvious that it was a DX12 capable GPU from the onset.

" It will also allow for better adoption on the PC, making the architecture even more similar and allowing developers to implement the same effects on the Xbox One without worrying about what to cut or add for the PC version and vice versa. But more than anything else, this indicates the Xbox One’s GPU is not as similar to the PS4′s initially revealed. Microsoft apparently has a deal with AMD but it means that the 7000 series Radeon isn’t what the Xbox One is packing". http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-may-allow-xbox-one-to-save-gpu-time-render-ray-tracing-superfog-and-custom-effects#UqJ5SK5AatTF3K7H.99"

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@kbanna said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

Seems like the media is starting to pick up on the news. Whats really interesting is that it seems that the X1 GPU is not what was initially indicated. I was saying earlier that no one did a deep dive into the GPU and that several modifications were made. I think its obvious that it was a DX12 capable GPU from the onset.

" It will also allow for better adoption on the PC, making the architecture even more similar and allowing developers to implement the same effects on the Xbox One without worrying about what to cut or add for the PC version and vice versa. But more than anything else, this indicates the Xbox One’s GPU is not as similar to the PS4′s initially revealed. Microsoft apparently has a deal with AMD but it means that the 7000 series Radeon isn’t what the Xbox One is packing". http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-may-allow-xbox-one-to-save-gpu-time-render-ray-tracing-superfog-and-custom-effects#UqJ5SK5AatTF3K7H.99"

BOOM, secret sauce revealed.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@kbanna said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

Thanks, exciting ;-)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

OpenGL might be the same or better at times,but we all know what is the developers/companies choice and thats DirectX,sorry but keep trying harder upset camp.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Thatr's good because we know the magic cloud isn't going to help shit.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

In all honesty I wish the 2 consoles were closer together. I know they're not miles apart and right now very few will be able to notice the differences, but as time goes on.........

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tessellation said:

OpenGL might be the same or better at times,but we all know what is the developers/companies choice and thats DirectX,sorry but keep trying harder upset camp.

Tomb Raider is a DX game the end results.

1080p on both platforms.

up to 60 FPS on PS4, 30 FPS on xbox one.

Effects half the resolution on xbox one.

Textures lower resolution on xbox one.

900p cut scenes.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Imagine how much worse it would be if the game was actually make with OpenGL instead of DX.

You don't get it my severely butthurt friend OpneGL is better,the PS4 has its own API and wrappers as well,the PS4 API more or less work like Mantle already,so yeah been DX mean little.lol

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

this indicates the Xbox One’s GPU is not as similar to the PS4′s initially revealed. Microsoft apparently has a deal with AMD but it means that the 7000 series Radeon isn’t what the Xbox One is packing.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-may-allow-xbox-one-to-save-gpu-time-render-ray-tracing-superfog-and-custom-effects#wT8mROTUBCH5y7wl.99

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I remember when the Xenos supposedly had DX10 "Hidden powah".. Uncharted still put a foot in that ass, though. Totally not buying this shit a second time around.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

this indicates the Xbox One’s GPU is not as similar to the PS4′s initially revealed. Microsoft apparently has a deal with AMD but it means that the 7000 series Radeon isn’t what the Xbox One is packing.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-may-allow-xbox-one-to-save-gpu-time-render-ray-tracing-superfog-and-custom-effects#wT8mROTUBCH5y7wl.99

more secret sauce? xD

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@Krelian-co said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

more secret sauce? xD

more proof (to make you happier XD)

Dean Hall - Day Z creator: "That was one of the cool things about meeting with Microsoft. There were definitely some things they said that I'm not allowed to talk about that I was like, 'Wow! That's interesting. Why don't you tell people that?' But I guess they want to make sure everything all goes together and that."

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 kbanna

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

1080p on both platforms.

900p cut scenes.

Imagine how much worse it would be if the game was actually make with OpenGL instead of DX.

You don't get it my severely butthurt friend OpneGL is better,the PS4 has its own API and wrappers as well,the PS4 API more or less work like Mantle already,so yeah been DX mean little.lol

Two different teams ported this game over to the next gen consoles......

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 kbanna

@Shewgenja said:

I remember when the Xenos supposedly had DX10 "Hidden powah".. Uncharted still put a foot in that ass, though. Totally not buying this shit a second time around.

No...I don't. Stop making shit up. The 360 had a version of dx9 for the xenos. DX10 was never touted as being ported to the 360.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

more secret sauce? xD

Dean Hall - Day Z creator: "That was one of the cool things about meeting with Microsoft. There were definitely some things they said that I'm not allowed to talk about that I was like, 'Wow! That's interesting. Why don't you tell people that?' But I guess they want to make sure everything all goes together and that."

irrefutable secret sauce proof right there dawg. i better sell my pc right now, why have a pc when cloud, sdk and teh directx are comming to xbone-

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kbanna said:

@Shewgenja said:

No...I don't. Stop making shit up. The 360 had a version of dx9 for the xenos. DX10 was never touted as being ported to the 360.

I

will

stop

when

you

admit

that

It sure as hell did happen you filthy Lem.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
@Phazevariance said:

Microsoft OWNS the PC market, any game going to X1 with DX can easily be ported to PC hence why 360 and x1 share so many titles. PC is just another MS platform until linux gaming starts taking off mainstream. That being said, DX12 hopefully has some good features for devs, I love seeing graphics improvements on any platform.

I can only imagine the possibilities with the similarities between PC/Xbox One apis, Games !! lot of them.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By kbanna

@Krelian-co said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

more secret sauce? xD

irrefutable secret sauce proof right there dawg. i better sell my pc right now, why have a pc when cloud, sdk and teh directx are comming to xbone-

Here is what I don't get. Geniuses like this guy will just keep coming to this thread touting "secrete sauce" and all types of other nonsense. We get it dude. You have a ps4 and don't like xbox. How many times do you need to keep touting the same lame joke?

This thread was created because it seems like MS put a DX12 capable GPU in the X1. that's it. if they did, it will help to achieve higher frame rates and resolutions. This is a good thing going forward.NO ONE IS SAYING it makes the machine as/more powerful then your precious machine. Relax. Just cause the X1 developing environment might be getting better does not make your ps4 purchase any less valid.

The insecurity in this place is crazy. If I bought a machine I was happy with , I sure would not spend my time in a thread about a competing product that I hate....just be happy you made the right choice and KIM' (keep it moving)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Tessellation

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

1080p on both platforms.

900p cut scenes.

look at the wall of butthurt lol, keep crying please and entertain us old fart.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

more secret sauce? xD

DirectX: Direct3D Futures (Presented by Microsoft) Max McMullen | Development Lead, Windows Graphics,

From http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828181

Location: Room 2002, West Hall Date: Thursday, March 20 Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm

"Come learn how future changes to Direct3D will enable next generation games to run faster than ever before! In this session we will discuss future improvements in Direct3D that will allow developers an unprecedented level of hardware control and reduced CPU rendering overhead across a broad ecosystem of hardware. If you use cutting-edge 3D graphics in your games, middleware, or engines and want to efficiently build rich and immersive visuals, you don't want to miss this talk."

-----------------

Direct3D and the Future of Graphics APIs (Presented by AMD),

From http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828412

Johan Andersson | Technical Director, Frostbite

Dan Baker | Partner, Oxide Games

Dave Oldcorn | Software Engineering Fellow, AMD

Location: Room 3020, West Hall Date: Thursday, March 20 Time: 5:30pm-6:30pm

"In this session AMDs Dave Oldcorn, Frostbite technical Director Johan Andersson and Oxides Dan Baker will look at how new Direct3D advancements enhance efficiency and enable fully-threaded building of command buffers. They will demonstrate how AMD is using its recent experience in efficient graphics API design and its partnership with Microsoft to provide developers with the infrastructure to render next-generation graphics workloads at full performance. This presentation also discusses the best ways to exploit AMD hardware under heavy load and will invite developers to influence driver and hardware development."

These are GDC links.

PS, AMD is asking software developers to help it design the next GPU.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@tyloss said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: he's saying unfortunately in reference to his current argument, pretty tasteless you're selectively quoting just to take personal shots.

oh the irony of this statement. Tyloss trying to play holier than though now....the irony lol. i thought you were evil and brash about how low and petty ur willing to go over this shii Ty? i thought you were proud to be a bad person. now you attack someone in an attempt to say they are tasteless?? TEH IRONY...LOL.

@PinkieWinkie said:

@kbanna: You are correct, current ly there is no clear winner. Unfortunately for you, Infamous releases in a couple weeks and The Order releases this fall. Both games blow anything shown on the X1 so far.

Infamous SS doesnt even have shadows, plus the main character cant even swim....and The Order is in a black bar box just to get it to perform just under 1080p, even with its convenient fog clouds in every scene. THESE are the games that you think will prove the ps4 is superior? really? oh Pinkie....you really are one of the stupid ones on here, arent you? :[

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#173 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The idea of them trying to improve visuals for consoles at this point is a joke.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tymeservesfate

@kbanna said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

"want some secret sauce with those fries?"...'yes please'

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos

@Tessellation said:

Well you are the one with damage controls attacking people and sucking it up to DX..hahaha

It most be killing you after all the secret sauce you pulled,after all the quoting of Beyond 3D people you did,oh and lets not forget your whole Superdae and Kotaku meltdown..lol

Now go ahead and skate your way into a wall like you always do..lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Anyone who is denying the power, benefits and advantage that DX12 will bring to THE ONE, has a limited mind.

Open your mind to the power that is The Microsoft Xbox One.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Anyone who is denying the power, benefits and advantage that DX12 will bring to THE ONE, has a limited mind.

#XB1M13

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tormentos
@kbanna said:

Which is totally irrelevant since the game is DX and should have ported 100 times easier to xbox one which uses DX than PS4 which all the code has to be re write for Opengl.

Which by the way Digital Foundry also say in their analysis,the game is DX and should be far easier to port to the xbox one.

@kbanna said:

Here is what I don't get. Geniuses like this guy will just keep coming to this thread touting "secrete sauce" and all types of other nonsense. We get it dude. You have a ps4 and don't like xbox. How many times do you need to keep touting the same lame joke?

This thread was created because it seems like MS put a DX12 capable GPU in the X1. that's it. if they did, it will help to achieve higher frame rates and resolutions. This is a good thing going forward.NO ONE IS SAYING it makes the machine as/more powerful then your precious machine. Relax. Just cause the X1 developing environment might be getting better does not make your ps4 purchase any less valid.

The insecurity in this place is crazy. If I bought a machine I was happy with , I sure would not spend my time in a thread about a competing product that I hate....just be happy you made the right choice and KIM' (keep it moving)

Now take all that crap you say and apply it to your self and other lemmings,there is no secret sauce if MS had a DX12 hardware you would know it they would be screaming it,MS is not a damn company who go silent on its advantages hell Albert Panello say on its twitter account 1.7> 1.6 in reference to the CPU up clock the xbox one,they were hyping miserable 100mhz on an architectures that is full of bottle necks..lol

Now lemming keep making this thread based on nothing but secret sauce and speculation from some giant trolls,MS is the same company who hyped having 276GB/s on xbox 360 vs the PS3 when it was a total lie and they add bandwidth as if it was oranges.

The xbox one is $100 more and weaker because it has a 14 CU GCN with 2 CU off period there is no way around this.

The whole insecurity is coming from lemming who can't admit that MS play them this gen with a more expensive machine that is weaker.

@tymeservesfate said:

oh the irony of this statement. Tyloss trying to play holier than though now....the irony lol. i thought you were evil and brash about how low and petty ur willing to go over this shii Ty? i thought you were proud to be a bad person. now you attack someone in an attempt to say they are tasteless?? TEH IRONY...LOL.

Infamous SS doesnt even have shadows, plus the main character cant even swim....and The Order is in a black bar box just to get it to perform just under 1080p, even with its convenient fog clouds in every scene. THESE are the games that you think will prove the ps4 is superior? really? oh Pinkie....you really are one of the stupid ones on here, arent you? :[

lol..

So you are downplaying the main character in Infamous because he can't swim.? I guess that mean Ryse is a piece of sh** since you can't do anything but hack and slash.

Can you jump from buildings in Ryse basically fly.? How about even climb.? Can you swim in Ryse.?

The order is 1920x800 with black bars unlike Ryse it isn't upscale to 1080p,that is the resolution the game runs the black bars cover the rest of the screen but the game isn't upscale which doesn't introduce artifact or blur the picture.

By the way the game uses 4XMSAA which no xbox one game use,and that i am sure that if you apply it to Ryse it would make it run at 720p or even less since 4xMSAA has a nasty hit on performance the game can run at 1080p with without 4XMSAA,stated by the developers but they wanted the effect so it is 800p,which still is higher resolution than Ryse while looking better and having 4XMSAA.

The fog just like in Ryse is because London can get damn foggy and you can sure as hell ask here several lemming who are from UK and they will tell you so.

http://www.scmp.com/photos/recent/658/1378810

But but the fog...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@kbanna said:

Which is totally irrelevant since the game is DX and should have ported 100 times easier to xbox one which uses DX than PS4 which all the code has to be re write for Opengl.

Which by the way Digital Foundry also say in their analysis,the game is DX and should be far easier to port to the xbox one.

One problem, PS4 doesn't have OpenGL i.e. it has AMD's Mantle like APIs.

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

"A lot of work was put into the move to the lower-level GNM, and in the process the tech team found out just how much work DirectX does in the background in terms of memory allocation and resource management. Moving to GNM meant that the developers had to take on the burden there themselves, as O'Connor explains:

"The Crew uses a subset of the D3D11 feature-set, so that subset is for the most part easily portable to the PS4 API. But the PS4 is a console not a PC, so a lot of things that are done for you by D3D on PC - you have to do that yourself. It means there's more DIY to do but it gives you a hell of a lot more control over what you can do with the system."

PlayStation Shader Language (PSSL) is very similar indeed to the HLSL standard in DirectX 11,

Note the PSSL is very similar to MS HLSL not with OpenGL's GLSL. You haven't realised the constant pattern with AMD's OpenGL is not being on par with DirectX. Wake me up when AMD releases it's OpenGL on par with Mantle and Direct3D.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 kbanna

#@@tormentos: You reek of insecurity dude. Again lets try to have an adult conversation. No one is here touting "secrete sauce" but insecure Sony fanboys. I am not a lemming ...or what ever the hell you lames use on this site, but a realist. The fact that "xbox1" was posted on the DX12 website means that DX12 in some way, shape, or fashion, will be available on the X1. This is a fact. I cant speak for others but I have made no claims of it making the machine more powerful then the ps4 or closing the "gap" you are so protective of. I don't even know what DX12 will be...nobody does. All we can infer is that, if its like its predecessors, it will aid in game development for the xbox and help to increase graphics and resolutions.

If games like Ryse are looking incredible at 900p it only bodes well for the system when dev tools help to reduce bottlenecks and increase fidelity. So as an xbox fan Im curious to see how this plays out. Why does that threaten what you have going on? You have a ps4 right? your busy playing all those fantastic games on your system now? So why the need to come to a thread that has zero to do with ps4 and bash positive musings of a system you obviously don't want?

Ill answer that for you. you are insecure. You don't want the X1 to gain any tactical advancements...even if it does not affect our system of choice. otherwise why waste your time?? I don't have any misconceptions of X1. personally I want it to get to 1080p 60fps on a more consistent basis so we can get back to arguing about the games themselves.

You Sony fans go on and on about resolution differences and fps to justify your purchase as "te most powaful' eva". Good. Enjoy your most powerful system and stay the hell out of grown man threads that are actually discussing improvements in game development.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

This is good for PC owners because it means a lot of developers will have experience developing DX12 games. It's obviously good news for X1 due to performance benefits and of course easy porting from and to PC.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@kbanna said:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx I know its X1 positive so I expect Waside to lock it soon, Anyway...... good news

So?

DX12 will require DX12 capable hardware in order to run. Unless I am wrong the current GPU in the xb1 isn't DX12 ready.

Even if it is DX12 capable you still have the fact that it will tax the cpu and ram even more. So ok you might get a very minor graphics increase with the new api, but youll draw more off the system. Unless Microsoft is just going to release a whole new xb1 with new hardware in it.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By kbanna

@Gargus said:

@kbanna said:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx I know its X1 positive so I expect Waside to lock it soon, Anyway...... good news

So?

DX12 will require DX12 capable hardware in order to run. Unless I am wrong the current GPU in the xb1 isn't DX12 ready.

Even if it is DX12 capable you still have the fact that it will tax the cpu and ram even more. So ok you might get a very minor graphics increase with the new api, but youll draw more off the system. Unless Microsoft is just going to release a whole new xb1 with new hardware in it.

I don't think that anyone has done a deep-dive into the xbox's gpu or cpu set ups. All that's been assumed is that its based off of amd's current gpu models and the internet ran with it. Im pretty sure both Sony and MS heavily modified those gpus for their systems. Furthermore, their hardware developers on Digital Foundry claimed that they made several modifications to the gpu. Move engines, extra 8gb of flash memory, esram,, etc, etc.

I am obviously no expert , but if I had to guess, I would think that MS made this system concurrently during DX12 development and had a plan to marry the two when DX12 was ready to launch. I could be 100% wrong of course. Guess we will see on the 20th.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tymeservesfate

@kbanna said:

#@@tormentos: You reek of insecurity dude. Again lets try to have an adult conversation. No one is here touting "secrete sauce" but insecure Sony fanboys. I am not a lemming ...or what ever the hell you lames use on this site, but a realist. The fact that "xbox1" was posted on the DX12 website means that DX12 in some way, shape, or fashion, will be available on the X1. This is a fact. I cant speak for others but I have made no claims of it making the machine more powerful then the ps4 or closing the "gap" you are so protective of. I don't even know what DX12 will be...nobody does. All we can infer is that, if its like its predecessors, it will aid in game development for the xbox and help to increase graphics and resolutions.

If games like Ryse are looking incredible at 900p it only bodes well for the system when dev tools help to reduce bottlenecks and increase fidelity. So as an xbox fan Im curious to see how this plays out. Why does that threaten what you have going on? You have a ps4 right? your busy playing all those fantastic games on your system now? So why the need to come to a thread that has zero to do with ps4 and bash positive musings of a system you obviously don't want?

Ill answer that for you. you are insecure. You don't want the X1 to gain any tactical advancements...even if it does not affect our system of choice. otherwise why waste your time?? I don't have any misconceptions of X1. personally I want it to get to 1080p 60fps on a more consistent basis so we can get back to arguing about the games themselves.

You Sony fans go on and on about resolution differences and fps to justify your purchase as "te most powaful' eva". Good. Enjoy your most powerful system and stay the hell out of grown man threads that are actually discussing improvements in game development.

just ignore the guy, lol...he seriously is not worth ur effort. something is obviously mentally wrong with him. try to talk to him like a rational adult and he'll just get progressively worst then follow you into every thread he can trying to start arguments with you lol. something is obviously wrong with him...

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kbanna

@tymeservesfate said:

@kbanna said:

just ignore the guy, lol...he seriously is not worth ur effort. something is obviously mentally wrong with him. try to talk to him like a rational adult and he'll just get progressively worst then follow you into every thread he can trying to start arguments with you lol. something is obviously wrong with him...

Humm.......Yeah something seemed a bit obsessive. Good advice

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

#XB1M13

That's what I love about you. You get me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#188 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@always_explicit said:

@kbanna said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

No, that's impossible. Cows told me about a dozen times the XB1 doesn't have any secret sauce. The GPU/CPU and hardware in the XB1 can not be improved. But what if there is another GPU/CPU in the XB1?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#189  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

#XB1M13

That's what I love about you. You get me.

<3

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Tessellation

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

Well you are the one with damage controls attacking people and sucking it up to DX..hahaha

It most be killing you after all the secret sauce you pulled,after all the quoting of Beyond 3D people you did,oh and lets not forget your whole Superdae and Kotaku meltdown..lol

Now go ahead and skate your way into a wall like you always do..lol

look at the wall of rage! the dweller still mad for owning and humillating him several times on this forum lol,please continue crying puppet

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#191  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

DX12, the return of 2D gaming!

@blackace said:
@always_explicit said:

@kbanna said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

No, that's impossible. Cows told me about a dozen times the XB1 doesn't have any secret sauce. The GPU/CPU and hardware in the XB1 can not be improved. But what if there is another GPU/CPU in the XB1?

Maybe there is another box inside the xbox.

xbox-box-box. boxbox

Think about it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

One problem, PS4 doesn't have OpenGL i.e. it has AMD's Mantle like APIs.

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

"A lot of work was put into the move to the lower-level GNM, and in the process the tech team found out just how much work DirectX does in the background in terms of memory allocation and resource management. Moving to GNM meant that the developers had to take on the burden there themselves, as O'Connor explains:

"The Crew uses a subset of the D3D11 feature-set, so that subset is for the most part easily portable to the PS4 API. But the PS4 is a console not a PC, so a lot of things that are done for you by D3D on PC - you have to do that yourself. It means there's more DIY to do but it gives you a hell of a lot more control over what you can do with the system."

PlayStation Shader Language (PSSL) is very similar indeed to the HLSL standard in DirectX 11,

Note the PSSL is very similar to MS HLSL not with OpenGL's GLSL. You haven't realised the constant pattern with AMD's OpenGL is not being on par with DirectX. Wake me up when AMD releases it's OpenGL on par with Mantle and Direct3D.

Sorry i get confuse with Opengl is Libgnm.

But for all intended purposes it is the same,the point is making the game for xbox one should have been 100 times easier than porting it to Libgnm,which does require DIY coding rather than DX easy porting.

What's curious from our perspective is that United Front Games on Xbox One would have benefited from a reasonably straightforward porting process from the original PC DirectX 11 code since both platforms use the same API, while Nixxes would have needed to translate the original PC version across to the PS4's LibGNM API - not exactly a walk in the park based on this presentation from Ubisoft Reflections,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-performance-analysis

DF even quote the same article your quoting to show that doing things on PS4 is not a walk in the park,when you have to transcode a game.

@kbanna said:

Yeah just like the cloud making the xbox one from 10 times more powerful than the 360 to 40 times more powerful,you know what MS will say any sh** you make you byte into the console,the whole cloud crap was a total hoax.

Let me walk you around some of the crap MS has pull so far with the xbox one,in the endless race to prove the xbox one is strong..

ESRAM: The ultra fast memory that never stop giving which will increase performance by 10 folds.

Reality: 32MB of fast memory put in place to help the xbox one,cope with its severe bandwidth problems do to having DDR3 as main memory.32 MB has been deem to small by several sources including a developer.

The Cloud: Will allow the xbox one to harness power from a farm of servers seating all across the globe,and will increase the xbox one power from 10 times more powerful than the xbox 360 to 40 times,using your online connection.

Reality: Nothing but MS glorified server client,it will serve mostly for dedicated servers for games,like Titanfall has prove it doesn't increase the graphical output of the xbox one in any way,and MS that online connection are to slow to deliver any king of performance booster other than AI in some small way,since graphics requires fast bandwidth which online connection totally lack.

Shapes: The mighty powerful sound chip that would help the xbox one by offloading anything audio related,taunted as a great advantage over the PS4.

Reality: A sound chip that was mostly for Kinect voice commands,confirmed by one of the person who worked on the chip,very little were for actual developers use,and deem as no advantage when the PS4 use AMD trueaudio.

15 processors or DSP inside the APU: It was say by MS that the xbox one had 15 separate processors inside the APU to help with several things,that should help the xbox one take on the PS4 because it would free resources while PS4 will have to use its CPU.

Reality: When the "'15 Processors"" were break down it was a mighty joke by MS.

8 of the so call processors were for Audio In other words that is Shapes.(AMD trueaudio on PS4)

4 Move engines. (2 on PS4)

1 video encode (Also on PS4)

1 video decode (Also on PS4)

1 video composer resize (if i am not mistaken scaler) (also on PS4)

Partially Resident Textures: Also known as sparse textures,megatextures,a way to have more textures residing in memory without having to load all the textures into the memory.

Reality: Also on PS4 since the PS4 uses the same GCN line of GPU.

New one.

DX12 support: It is claim that DX 12 will some how work on xbox one so its GPU most be something new and DX 12 enable.

Reality : Any features that DX has that work on the xbox one,can be use on PS4 using other API,both are GCN confirmed from the same family.

You don't get it why Dead Rising 3 doesn't look like Ryse.? Yeah it is because the game is open and open games on xbox one look like sh**,and run like sh** to,Ryse is very enclosed do nothing but hack and slash game,where you are confine to narrow paths all the time,worse it has performance issues and it runs mostly at 26FPS with drop into the teens,is a performance disaster and is not even 1080p.

So yeah when you make games under those conditions you get those visuals,make Ryse an open game like Infamous and you see crappy it will look.

First of all i don't even own a PS4 so save your whole insecure crappy arguments,tactical advantages are won on games,up until now there is non on the xbox one side and all are in the PS4 favor,because the PS4 was build to be simple and as powerful at it could be,MS didn't build its system that way and has resort to trick people into thinking they have secret sauce that would make the consoles work alike.

Now this is systems wars if you don't like people telling you that MS so call advantages are lies don't come here and go to the xbox forums,there you can post about how incredible the xbox one is and how it will beat top end PC because of some hidden secret MS is not telling..lol

@blackace said:

Read my reply to the kid abode..

Funny didn't you say you don't care about graphics and performance and crap like that,but when ever you see a thread like this you sky dive into it with your usual damage control you fake manticore.

@Tessellation said:

look at the wall of rage! the dweller still mad for owning and humillating him several times on this forum lol,please continue crying puppet

The only own you have done in this forum is your own kid,now go skate remember to be back at home by 9:00 PM there school tomorrow..

hahahaa

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 kbanna

@tormentos:

Ok man, we will see.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 kbanna

@magicalclick said:

X1 for sure can do some of the new DX12 features. But it will be like Halo tessellation water, very few game dev will go out of their way to utilize it.. And I don't think devs will think about DX12 for a long time because perfecting DX11.2 will blow everyone's mind already. Maybe after 3 years, you can see few exclusive games showing capabilities from DX12, that's when most of competitors are getting quite good with DX11.2 and DX12 will differenciate themselves from the crowd.

it make more sense to perfect DX11.2 first. Just think about how games utilize tesselation animation. Global illumination. GPU physics. It is going to be insane already.

Anyway, it would be nice to see what the new DX is capable of. I would love to see the demo..

I'm hoping that they have some type of Demo at GDC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos:

Translating from DirectX 11 to PS4's APIs doesn't equal OpenGL e.g. Mantle is another graphics API. My eurogamer link includes extra information on the translation methods from DirectX to PS4's APIs.

For example

"Another key area of the game is its programmable pixel shaders. Reflections' experience suggests that the PlayStation Shader Language (PSSL) is very similar indeed to the HLSL standard in DirectX 11, with just subtle differences that were eliminated for the most part through pre-process macros and what O'Connor calls a "regex search and replace" for more complicated differences."

A C++ programmer would know pre-process macros and "regex search and replace" methods.

DirectX 12, AMD Mantle, X1's DirectX 11.X superset and PC's DirectX 11.2 supports MS HLSL.

AMD/Sony didn't care about OpenGL's GLSL and just decided to kit-bash MS HLSL.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ronvalencia

@Gargus said:

@kbanna said:

So?

Your wrong. You didn't read my GDC links.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

Translating from DirectX 11 to PS4's APIs doesn't equal OpenGL e.g. Mantle is another graphics API. My eurogamer link includes extra information on the translation methods from DirectX to PS4's APIs.

For example

"Another key area of the game is its programmable pixel shaders. Reflections' experience suggests that the PlayStation Shader Language (PSSL) is very similar indeed to the HLSL standard in DirectX 11, with just subtle differences that were eliminated for the most part through pre-process macros and what O'Connor calls a "regex search and replace" for more complicated differences."

A C++ programmer would know pre-process macros and "regex search and replace" methods.

DirectX 12, AMD Mantle, X1's DirectX 11.X superset and PC's DirectX 11.2 supports MS HLSL.

AMD/Sony didn't care about OpenGL's GLSL and just decided to kit-bash MS HLSL.

Don't reply to me unless you read what i have posted..

Sorry i get confuse with Opengl is Libgnm.

Is the same sh** Opengl or LibGNM because non of the 2 are like DX period..

I have accuse you allot of times of just partially quoting what serve you best and ignore what it doesn't.

A lot of work was put into the move to the lower-level GNM, and in the process the tech team found out just how much work DirectX does in the background in terms of memory allocation and resource management. Moving to GNM meant that the developers had to take on the burden there themselves, as O'Connor explains:

From same article you are selectively quoting,DX make things easier for developers,GNM is not as easy and require DIY coding,Tomb Raider should have ported easier to the xbox one period because is DX,now the team with the harder work was the one with the PS4 version which had to make that code by them self rather than just porting it...

GNM work like Mantle which is why Tomb Raider on PS4 smoked the xbox one version even when the game is a DX game..

No don't reply to me with stupid things that have nothing to do with what i am saying,my point stand it was easier to do Tomb Raider on xbox one than on PS4,and DF agree on it so does Ubisoft..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Jesus. you should consider a name change to "snore-mentos"

You to how about ""Alwaysbutthurt"' how about Hypocriteking,no that is more for Kingtito..hahahaha