DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zero_epyon

Poll DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0 (280 votes)

A 37%
AA 28%
AAA 22%
AAAA 11%

Drive Club Hype Thread

Game Details

Get ready for a PlayStation 4 racing game like you’ve never seen. Developed by Evolution Studios, the team behind the best-selling MotorStorm® franchise, DRIVECLUB™ is all about you and your friends. It’s about teamwork; it’s about everyone fighting for one another and earning rewards together – and most importantly it’s about sharing in the sheer thrill of every race. Enjoy the excitement of high-speed solo racing, or join a racing club to discover what DRIVECLUB is all about. Created specifically with the next-generation gamer in mind, DRIVECLUB leverages the networking power and social capabilities of the PS4 to seamlessly and immediately connect you and your friends, always allowing you to share your experiences, send and receive challenges, and keep up to speed with your team’s performance.

DRIVECLUB brings to life the heart and soul of car culture. An incredible, authentic and immersive PS4 driving experience, DRIVECLUB makes you feel the exhilaration of driving the most powerful and beautifully designed cars in the world; all rendered in staggering detail, inside and out as you race them in richly detailed real-world locations alongside your Club.

Key Features

Join A Club

Get more by playing within a Club and gain access to more special challenges and PS4 racing. Join an existing Club or create your own and team up with up to five other drivers. Everything they do helps you, and everything you do helps the Club achieve more. Unite together and represent your Club with customized team colors and logos for your cars.

Earn Accolades & Fame

Completing objectives and challenges, winning races, driving in every location or beating Faceoffs will all contribute to you and your Club earning Accolades. Accolades give you and your Club a multiplier to the Fame earned in every race, allowing you and your Club to unlock new content and take part in more races.

Take on Faceoffs & Challenges

Constant and varied challenges keep the game feeling fresh and unique, offering a pick-up-and-play gaming experience to suit every player’s lifestyle. Every section of every track offers a new opportunity to Faceoff with another racer in the DRIVECLUB community to earn Fame for you and your Club. Customize your experience by creating your own challenges, and share them with the world.

The World’s Coolest Cars

Hand-picked for their power and beauty, each of the cars in DRIVECLUB is a pleasure to drive, recreated with an insane level of detail and accuracy both inside and out. Personally customize the cars in your garage to show off your unique look or represent your Club’s colors out on the track.

Stay Connected with the MyDRIVECLUB App

No matter where you are in the world, you and your friends can stay connected 24/7 with the iOS and Android MyDRIVECLUB app. Keep pace with your Club’s performance, watch the races live as they happen, set and send challenges, plus check out all of the latest and greatest from the DRIVECLUB world.

Stunning Real-World Locations

Inspired by real-world roads from diverse regions across the globe, the racing tracks in DRIVECLUB present a variety of different challenges for every driver. Practice technical maneuvers on the open, fast-paced freeways of Canada, check your reflexes on the unpredictable UK roadways, or sharpen your high-speed steering skills on the mountain and dust-filled roads in India.

Videos

Action Trailer:

Conversation with Developers:

Reviews

Pending...

Release Date

October 7, 2014

Cost

$59.99 Full Version

FREE Limited PSN+ Version

• 
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#351 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

At least it's worth the psn+ price.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@AzatiS said:

from 174 votes 5 min ago we went up to 179.

Some people are pathetic around here trying desperatly to justify their ego and arguments , cows or lems doesnt matter. Ill keep a count what is really going on.

i took this screenshot min before reviews started dropping, post no. 270 in this thread

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

This is System Wars.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#355 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Some people are pathetic around here trying desperatly to justify their ego and arguments , cows or lems doesnt matter. Ill keep a count what is really going on.

Does it really matter at this point? The outcome is downright pathetic after all the die hard Sony fans stood by them, patiently. It upsets me as a gamer that they would try to insult our intelligence, and they continue to do so with weather delay.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50597 Posts

Where the hell is the free PSN Plus version? I can't find it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#357 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

LOL. What can cows say now? 1080p is all that matters anyways, no need for quality gameplay as long as it's 1080p!

Forza Horizon 2 - Metacritic - 86

GS - 8.0 (Reviewer: Kevin VanOrd)

IGN - 9.0 (Reviewer: Luke Reilly)

Drive Club - Metacritic - 70

GS - 5.0 (Reviewer: Kevin VanOrd)

IGN - 7.9 (Reviewer: Luke Reilly)

Forza Killer my ass.

Up next, The Order :1886, LOL!

Cows hype thread = A

Lems hype thread = AAA

So who said Forza will be killed by Driveclub ? Some random fanboys ? Come on now ...

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Killzone, knack, iss, dc, come on this is Sony's first party games wheres the 40% power the extra 400Flops ,yall should be embarrassed for hyping that game so let me get this correct

DC no real car physics, closed road, no weather patch yet lack content 1080p 30fps still have AA problems and delayed a year

Forza No weather real car physics, closed road, lots of content, 1080p and Locked 60fps, AA problems and its a launch title.

Where did all the power go?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@draign: the weather patch is so you can learn the tracks first .. Right right? Lol

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Desmonic said:

DriveFlop ahoy! :D

Fair review, the driving mechanics work fine (he didn't enjoy the agressive AI + penalizations but that will vary from person to person), the cars and tracks look great it "just" (a big just) needs more "soul". Perhaps DLC will fix that but for now, it seems like a fair review (even when taking others into account as well).

Cmon Desmonic. Flopclub is obviously better. but what about these? Flop Horizon 2 or Forza Flop 2?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

DAT FORZA KILLER. DAT BETTER 2014 FOR PS4.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Ars seems to treat it with more kindness.

Apparently, it's not for casuals.

Only interest I have in this game is seing how it's going to compare against FH2 on Metacritic ;)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

Wow didn't see that coming

Still racing tonight? :D

yeah, ill be racing your drivatar in FH2 LOL. apparently you are an "average drivatar" lol

Good luck! I only played the demo in FH2, otherwise I'd race you. You still should get DC, since it's free with PSN+.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Chutebox  Online

@Tighaman said:

Killzone, knack, iss, dc, come on this is Sony's first party games wheres the 40% power the extra 400Flops ,yall should be embarrassed for hyping that game so let me get this correct

DC no real car physics, closed road, no weather patch yet lack content 1080p 30fps still have AA problems and delayed a year

Forza No weather real car physics, closed road, lots of content, 1080p and Locked 60fps, AA problems and its a launch title.

Do you purposely try and look stupid or does it just come easy to you? Honest question.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Driveflop lololololol.

Will get free edition hahahahah

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Heil68

@slaves said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

Hell yea man. Can't wait. I was just thinking this would at least hit a 7

I'll snag it when I get home, lets see how she runs tonight!

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Damn....just damn. Sucks to be a racing fan without an XB1 right now. My sincerest apologies to those in that position.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Chutebox  Online

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

yeah, ill be racing your drivatar in FH2 LOL. apparently you are an "average drivatar" lol

Good luck! I only played the demo in FH2, otherwise I'd race you. You still should get DC, since it's free with PSN+.

I beat Heli's drivatar from the demo. Easy!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

LOL. What can cows say now? 1080p is all that matters anyways, no need for quality gameplay as long as it's 1080p!

Forza Horizon 2 - Metacritic - 86

GS - 8.0 (Reviewer: Kevin VanOrd)

IGN - 9.0 (Reviewer: Luke Reilly)

Drive Club - Metacritic - 70

GS - 5.0 (Reviewer: Kevin VanOrd)

IGN - 7.9 (Reviewer: Luke Reilly)

Forza Killer my ass.

Up next, The Order :1886, LOL!

Cows hype thread = A

Lems hype thread = AAA

So who said Forza will be killed by Driveclub ? Some random fanboys ? Come on now ...

Well 64% of people voted AA+ so there were obviously a fair few ...

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 ghostwarrior786

@speak_low said:

lol, GAF is angry at the reviewers ("what do you mean it's lifeless?!?") when they themselves have barely touched the game. Some of them are doing a point-by-point argument with the reviews, comparing their own 1.5 hour experience to the professional reviewers who have played more racers than them.

except gaff are usually more hardcore than these reviewers and from reading gs review its clear this game is super hardcore which is why most of these reviewers are not enjoying the game. its barebones racing and if u are into that stuff then u will enjoy this game

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@draign: the weather patch is so you can learn the tracks first .. Right right? Lol

Learn the tracks, heh. I really didnt want to come into this thread laughing. This is an embarrassment.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#378 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

What time are you going to be on?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

FLOPCLUB

DRIVEFLOP

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AzatiS said:

i took this screenshot min before reviews started dropping, post no. 270 in this thread

^^^ twas a good idea

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Heil68

@Chutebox said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

I beat Heli's drivatar from the demo. Easy!

I wasn't really trying though!! :D

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Animal-Mother

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

I swear, if I was a developer or Publisher I would not allow shit like this to get into the wild at all.

It's so fucking stupid that they plaster shit like this all over unreleased games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#387 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@AzatiS said:

Or, people are like me and didn't vote in the first place and wanted to see what the overall voting hype was for the game...

I agree with both.

Polls are missing the option to see the current voting without actually voting AND TC (or someone else who had voted) should have taken a screen of the tally at the time of the review. A is in front right now (still makes it a flop as A = 7) but it could have been AA at the time of the review for example.

Pretty lame that they got rid of the "view results" option.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 ghostwarrior786

@blue_hazy_basic: yes, yes it was :) i think it should be mandatory in hype threads along with more voting options in the poll, what if someone wanted to hype it 5/10? haha

@Animal-Mother said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

I swear, if I was a developer or Publisher I would not allow shit like this to get into the wild at all.

It's so fucking stupid that they plaster shit like this all over unreleased games.

sony being sony again, by promoting statements like this they are only encouraging comparisons between the 2 games even though they are completely different, one is open world and the other is more track racer. but i knew lack of content will **** them up in the end, there just isnt enough there for me to actually pay for the game

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

LMAO I expected at most a 7. Dayum! :O

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Animal-Mother

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: yes, yes it was :) i think it should be mandatory in hype threads along with more voting options in the poll, what if someone wanted to hype it 5/10? haha

@Animal-Mother said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

sony being sony again, by promoting statements like this they are only encouraging comparisons between the 2 games even though they are completely different, one is open world and the other is more track racer. but i knew lack of content will **** them up in the end, there just isnt enough there for me to actually pay for the game

But it's not sony that said it. Granted they plastered it on the video.

I get it when a publication says something like that it's hard NOT to put that on a video.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....5? Holy shit balls that's bad. I know the hype was played down by the cows but c'mon you guys actually thought this was the Forza killer. Funny shit, this makes me feel a little bit better about the Forza Horizon 2 debacle.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Heil68

So who wants to play tonight???

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By AzatiS

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AzatiS said:

god... its the pathetic fanboys war ... You got cows voting A and Lems AAAA lol ... Ah guys thats pathetic really ! Give it a rest , DC flopped even with A as the ending hype score. Doing this wont benefit one or the other. Dont act like 5 years old ... Its so pathetic .. come on ...

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

well that was tough... I don't think it deserves such a low score but reviews are opinions and must be accepted..

I still believe Driveclub is a very good racing game and fun to play !!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 Heil68

@slaves said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

@Heil68 said:

@slaves said:

What time are you going to be on?

Probably around 9pm CST.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By AzatiS

@Desmonic said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@AzatiS said:

Or, people are like me and didn't vote in the first place and wanted to see what the overall voting hype was for the game...

I agree with both.

Polls are missing the option to see the current voting without actually voting AND TC (or someone else who had voted) should have taken a screen of the tally at the time of the review. A is in front right now (still makes it a flop as A = 7) but it could have been AA at the time of the review for example.

Or a good option would be a timer on Poll or an option for OP to close/lock poll after review.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Tighaman said:

Helps that F5 looks like a PS3 game.

@draign said:

Dude give it up. FH2 is taking a long crap on anything Sony.

That cross-gen expansion pack isn't doing anything. It sure isn't moving consoles. :)

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

@Bishop1310: same. Looks like the only thing sony is capable of anymore is indies. Which I hate.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#400 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

LOL dat ps4 game lineup