DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zero_epyon

Poll DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0 (280 votes)

A 37%
AA 28%
AAA 22%
AAAA 11%

Drive Club Hype Thread

Game Details

Get ready for a PlayStation 4 racing game like you’ve never seen. Developed by Evolution Studios, the team behind the best-selling MotorStorm® franchise, DRIVECLUB™ is all about you and your friends. It’s about teamwork; it’s about everyone fighting for one another and earning rewards together – and most importantly it’s about sharing in the sheer thrill of every race. Enjoy the excitement of high-speed solo racing, or join a racing club to discover what DRIVECLUB is all about. Created specifically with the next-generation gamer in mind, DRIVECLUB leverages the networking power and social capabilities of the PS4 to seamlessly and immediately connect you and your friends, always allowing you to share your experiences, send and receive challenges, and keep up to speed with your team’s performance.

DRIVECLUB brings to life the heart and soul of car culture. An incredible, authentic and immersive PS4 driving experience, DRIVECLUB makes you feel the exhilaration of driving the most powerful and beautifully designed cars in the world; all rendered in staggering detail, inside and out as you race them in richly detailed real-world locations alongside your Club.

Key Features

Join A Club

Get more by playing within a Club and gain access to more special challenges and PS4 racing. Join an existing Club or create your own and team up with up to five other drivers. Everything they do helps you, and everything you do helps the Club achieve more. Unite together and represent your Club with customized team colors and logos for your cars.

Earn Accolades & Fame

Completing objectives and challenges, winning races, driving in every location or beating Faceoffs will all contribute to you and your Club earning Accolades. Accolades give you and your Club a multiplier to the Fame earned in every race, allowing you and your Club to unlock new content and take part in more races.

Take on Faceoffs & Challenges

Constant and varied challenges keep the game feeling fresh and unique, offering a pick-up-and-play gaming experience to suit every player’s lifestyle. Every section of every track offers a new opportunity to Faceoff with another racer in the DRIVECLUB community to earn Fame for you and your Club. Customize your experience by creating your own challenges, and share them with the world.

The World’s Coolest Cars

Hand-picked for their power and beauty, each of the cars in DRIVECLUB is a pleasure to drive, recreated with an insane level of detail and accuracy both inside and out. Personally customize the cars in your garage to show off your unique look or represent your Club’s colors out on the track.

Stay Connected with the MyDRIVECLUB App

No matter where you are in the world, you and your friends can stay connected 24/7 with the iOS and Android MyDRIVECLUB app. Keep pace with your Club’s performance, watch the races live as they happen, set and send challenges, plus check out all of the latest and greatest from the DRIVECLUB world.

Stunning Real-World Locations

Inspired by real-world roads from diverse regions across the globe, the racing tracks in DRIVECLUB present a variety of different challenges for every driver. Practice technical maneuvers on the open, fast-paced freeways of Canada, check your reflexes on the unpredictable UK roadways, or sharpen your high-speed steering skills on the mountain and dust-filled roads in India.

Videos

Action Trailer:

Conversation with Developers:

Reviews

Pending...

Release Date

October 7, 2014

Cost

$59.99 Full Version

FREE Limited PSN+ Version

• 
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1501  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@Heil68: i need to add you do I can get some easy wins

I'll do my best to win!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1502  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon:

I'm not a mind reader that's why asked you to read it. We can drop this if you like?

I have no clue were your opinion in this debate lye. I was going by the effort you were putting in this thread to justify one game over the other.

Everyone knows both games didn't reach the hype. Per Kevin.

The debate should be over. To keep beating a dead horse for pages seems like there is anterior motives hiding beneath the debate.

You see my point?

You should tell that to the people making the case that FH2 is not or is less of a flop than DC. Why is that even a point?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1503 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon:

I'm not a mind reader that's why asked you to read it. We can drop this if you like?

I have no clue were your opinion in this debate lye. I was going by the effort you were putting in this thread to justify one game over the other.

The debate should be over. To keep beating a dead horse for pages seems like there is anterior motives hiding beneath the debate.

You see my point?

You should tell that to the people making the case that FH2 is not or is less of a flop than DC. Why is that even a point?

I'm sure they know. They just like to argue like the rest of us....

The way hype threads on here are done. Need to change. To easy to HIDE behind polls. Hype should be recorded though actual people stating their score.

Do you agree?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1504  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The madness continues.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

At least you two are using this thread for something constructive... GG 1482 posts for a 5.0 game? This was not Halo or Uncharted we're talking about here... jeez.

I believe it has a lot to do with the hype the game received on here for a year and then everyone voting A. I actually think polls skew truths.

I think all hype threads should have user vote lists in the OP. With the users stating their score. To be added to the OP. User must have 500+ posts though for the integrity of the thread though.

..but I've stated this before.. How much hype still existed after they announced 55 cars and no weather until a later patch (That was May 2014 btw)? I believe the A hype was warranted.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506  Edited By Zero_epyon

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon:

You see my point?

The way hype threads on here are done. Need to change. To easy to HIDE behind polls. Hype should be recorded though actual people stating their score.

Do you agree?

I do agree. I was with you on that in your hype thread. Maybe not directly. I was disappointed with the hype. It was contrary to what people were posting.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507 B4X

@OhSnapitz said:

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

At least you two are using this thread for something constructive... GG 1482 posts for a 5.0 game? This was not Halo or Uncharted we're talking about here... jeez.

I believe it has a lot to do with the hype the game received on here for a year and then everyone voting A. I actually think polls skew truths.

I think all hype threads should have user vote lists in the OP. With the users stating their score. To be added to the OP. User must have 500+ posts though for the integrity of the thread though.

..but I've stated this before.. How much hype still existed after they announced 55 cars and no weather until a later patch (That was May 2014 btw)? I believe the A hype was warranted.

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I think when the game goes gold. Then the hype thread should be made. All info is in the open.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508  Edited By OhSnapitz

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I think when the game goes gold. Then the hype thread should be made. All info is in the open.

Nah.. that would take the fun out of teh ownage.. :P

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 B4X

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon:

You see my point?

Do you agree?

I do agree. I was with you on that in your hype thread. Maybe not directly. I was disappointed with the hype. It was contrary to what people were posting.

I'm not arguing with you at all. I'm just stating my side of things. Maybe arguing a little. :P

I do agree we need to adopt a NEW hype thread format. Stevo needs to make a sticky. That we should all abide by.

All hype recorded after the game goes gold. Just to clean this mess up.

I told everyone to make a hype thread for FH2. I put the thread up on the 24th solely because there was no hype thread. The review embargo was almost up.

I think a different format should be used. No offense at all dude to you.

/peace

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 B4X

@OhSnapitz said:

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@b4x said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Nah.. that would take the fun out of teh ownage.. :P

Well if guys are going to hype something without having all the facts. They deserve that ownage. :p

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 Zero_epyon

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@b4x said:

@Zero_epyon:

You see my point?

Do you agree?

I'm not arguing with you at all. I'm just stating my side of things. Maybe arguing a little. :P

I do agree we need to adopt a NEW hype thread format. Stevo needs to make a sticky. That we should all abide by.

All hype recorded after the game goes gold. Just to clean this mess up.

I told everyone to make a hype thread for FH2. I put the thread up on the 24th solely because there was no hype thread. The review embargo was almost up.

I think a different format should be used. No offense at all dude to you.

/peace

I hate text sometimes. Makes you sound like you're arguing lol. I know you're not.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

PSN+ free version still a mythical legend at this point. A server overload usually happens on launch day, not a week later.

Stay brainwashed Sony fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1513 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So I went against my better judgement and just bought the digital version of Driveclub. It is actually a solid racing game imo. I actually like the way the cars handle which seems to be a gripe to some. Those collision and cornering penalties have got to go though. They make no sense in a "arcade" racer. And the A.I. is non existent. All the cars seem to drive on a predetermined path which isn't too fun. And as far as the graphics are concerned, Driveclub is probably the most overrated in recent history. All of the gifs and pre launch videos looked fantastic. The final product almost looks nothing like that. I'm not really sure what happened. There is tons of foliage, texture and shadow pop in. Tunnel, road and mountain textures often times look pretty bad as well. Oh and there are jaggies EVERYWHERE. And I have a feeling that when we get photo mode, the DC crowds aren't gonna look any better than FH2's. There are some great lighting moments though that look nice. And I'm sure the weather stuff will look fantastic when it's patched in.

I own both Driveclub and FH2 now and would break down the 2 like this.

Most fun - FH2
Better graphics - FH2
Better lighting and effects - Driveclub
Better customization - FH2

I can't judge Driveclubs online features since they still don't really work. But the club concept is pretty neat.

I will continue to play Driveclub here and there but will probably focus more on completing FH2.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

PSN+ free version still a mythical legend at this point. A server overload usually happens on launch day, not a week later.

I'm still pissed about this and I am shocked that more people are not. If MS tried something this shady this place would be blowing up. Sony straight up lied.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515  Edited By OhSnapitz

@chikenfriedrice said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I'm still pissed about this and I am shocked that more people are not. If MS tried something this shady this place would be blowing up. Sony straight up lied.

I believe A LOT of people (at least the "core gamers") are pissed about this.. I know I am. I also believe that most are simply waiting on the PSN+ version.

That being said.. the SW's doesn't not = the Real World. Most that bought this game probably didn't know they were paying full price for an unfinished game.. but they sure as hell know now.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 Zero_epyon

@OhSnapitz said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I believe A LOT of people (at least the "core gamers") are pissed about this.. I know I am. I also believe that most are simply waiting on the PSN+ version.

That being said.. the SW's doesn't not = the Real World. Most that bought this game probably didn't know they were paying full price for an unfinished game.. but they sure as hell know now.

I am also very pissed. I wanted to at least try the game. Not sure if it's even worth downloading at this point, even if it's free. Plenty of other games I'll be playing soon.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1518  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@OhSnapitz: Yeah I finally sprung for PS+ just so I could see how this game is....so I feel shafted. I know there are other benefits to being a PS+ subscriber but I didn't want to pay for it until I felt like there was a good reason and even after the bad reviews I still wanted to check DC out for myself. Shit is messed up.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#1519  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Game sucks, I am a huge Grand Turismo and Forza fan, same with the DIRT and PGR series, but this game is complete trash. Has no depth to it, not much content and its just not very fun to drive/play.

Now before you say I am some sony hater, that is not true, my favorite consoles ever are SNES and Playstation 1. This is just not a very good racing game, period. I would much rather play any of those games named above than I would this uninspired Driveclub.

I am probably not the only person who would rather play older Grand Turismo, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 5, DIRT series, PGR series, GRID series or even Mario Kart more than playing this game, it is just barebones and not fun to play (the most important thing in a game for me is to have fun).

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

The butthurt is still strong

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1521  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Yeah, but unfortunately the mods nullified that hype thread because there was no Poll in it. By their rules, all offial hype threads need to have a poll in it. The one true hype thread that dropped off of SW had the game hyped at AAE when the game launched. I'll see if I can find it.

The game floped deal with it many of you including your self hyped the game as AAA..hahahaaa

I didn't hype DC to be even AA,the only hype i did was for the graphics which did deliver and owned FH2 and Forza 5 as well.

You hyped it to be better then Horizon 2 and it wasn't. So yes, DC FLOPPED for you as well. Continue with your meltdown though. Everyone is loving your tears.

Here was the Poll for Horizon 2 that was created after B4X Hype thread. I think an official poll takes priority over some unofficial vote count.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/official-hype-voe-for-fh2-31580631/#5

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522 OhSnapitz

@chikenfriedrice said:

@OhSnapitz: Yeah I finally sprung for PS+ just so I could see how this game is....so I feel shafted. I know there are other benefits to being a PS+ subscriber but I didn't want to pay for it until I felt like there was a good reason and even after the bad reviews I still wanted to check DC out for myself. Shit is messed up.

I sprung for PSN+ last year and I've saved about $40+ on software (only paid $30 for the card). The service itself is worth it if you game often.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony is not MSoft. Sony are 4 Gamers by Gamers remember. This is just a small glitch that has gone on for a week. A small glitch kind of like an Ebola outbreak. Small.......................

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1524 FoxbatAlpha

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony is not MSoft. Sony are 4 Gamers by Gamers remember. This is just a small glitch that has gone on for a week. A small glitch kind of like an Ebola outbreak. Small.......................

ROFL!!!

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1525 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

not surprised that people are still picking this up. can't afford to be picky when you're in the soup kitchen.

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

5Club just got worse. Polygon changed their review from a 7.5 to 5. Ouch!!!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1528 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lol Justin still melting down.

Valid decision. Online's still flaky. It'll return when issues will be resolved. Sucks for you Slow Robert.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1529 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

"DriveClub is getting a new DLC pack. This one is somewhat unique as it requires a purchase of the Philips Norelco Click and Style 3-in-1 Toolkit shaver. The pack includes 10 exclusive skins for cars along with 250,000 fame points. The promotion is going to stay active until the 27th of December or until supplies last. Check out the both the shaver and videogame right now on Amazon."

For those interested.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1531 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Good stuff, scott. Yeah, it lacking features is a shame, but the online issues are a much bigger problem.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@scottpsfan14: wait you can't play online? Race other people or ghosts?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

After a long play with this game, I have come to the conclusion that it's a 6/10 (at the moment). I'd say because for one, the launch was horrible. Unfinished, was crashing for me even after patch updates, and the online (the feature they boasted most about) doesn't even work. AI is too aggressive and hard for fucks sake. Semi Pro is harder than the hardest difficulty on any other car game I've played. And legendary is just taking the piss. And then not to mention the lack of replay and photo mode in a car game.

For content at launch, there are 50 cars, 5 locations with 11 tracks each (55 tracks in total), single player mode that has the "Tour", "Single Event", and "Multiplayer".

In "Tour", you basically race a series of challanges throughout the 5 locations that include a race for top 3 positions. Often with side challanges within the race like a perfect cornering etc. Time trials. And drift challanges to get a certain amount of points. You can earn up to 3 stars on each challange. It's pretty standard stuff I suppose.

In a "Single Event", you can create your own race to your own liking which includes how many racers (up to 12 on a track), weather condition (minus rain, snow and thunderstorms coming after launch), time of day, number of laps, and difficulty of the AI etc. I like this part the best so far since I haven't been able to go online. Also in Single Event, you can do a time trial in any location with similar custom settings to races (without the AI of course). Oh and then there's Drift where you do drift challanges to your own leasure just the same.

I couldn't tell you about the multiplayer. So I would say the game will be a 7.5/10 when you download all the cars and track DLC (extra 47 cars and 11 tracks), have weather, replay and photo mode. A working online. And finally, 4-player split screen races. 9 years development is an absolute joke.

Online was fully working last night, but I dont know how much that will last. There should be an update rolling out for everyone today.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/15/new-driveclub-update-server-upgrades-coming-within-24-hours/

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1534 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Lol sooo... upon further review, Driveclub is actually worse than we thought

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

Driving games on the ps4 will never be as good as driving games on the x1 because sony lacks cloud powah.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1538  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The AI is so frustratingly bad in the game. I can't possibly give this game over a 5/10 right now because of it.

Seriously the AI is terrible. The game plays best when you are doing time trials because there is no AI there to **** everything up on every turn and straightaway. They have huge rubber-banding, they randomly hit the breaks, they refuse to let faster cars pass, they don't care if they hit you or if you hit them, they'll often push you out of the way, they'll spin you out of control, and they generally are completely random with how they are going act at any time. It's just horrid.

Without the AI the game is easily a 7/10 or 8/10. With the AI it's a 5/10. That's how much the AI detracts from this game.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The AI is hard I don't think that makes it bad. In fact, the AI in this game is some of the better I've seen in a racing game. This is an arcade game, so I'd expect them to drive a little rough and muscle their way into position, but the vast majority of time you can avoid hits with good driving and awareness. I'm always using my mirror or looking behind me making sure I know the course.

I noticed that the cars don't always drive in a straight line, and some chase me around the track and try to draft me. I think they give drivers "personalities" because I notice some are more aggressive and stay on you while others will try to drive by the book and stick closer to the driving lines. I saw one AI take out a car with a pit maneuver lol. Certainly isn't the kind of AI that you see in traditional games like Forza and GT, but people complain about those and how boring they are. Either way people are going to complain I guess. I think it's a nice change. I will say that it does get frustrating when you have to do those "clean lap" stars and a car taps you and ruins it.

That said, I haven't even tried getting online until I know it is 100% fixed. I don't remember gran turismo having online problems like this and I Driveclub is selling 12 million copies or whatever GT5 sold. They need to get their sht together. I still need to get all stars though.