Dragon Age - Buy for PS4 or PC? Both have advantages.

• 86 results
SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@clyde46: 2013. Last year's best.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SpiderLuke

@princeofshapeir: thanks for the input. You'd be surprised still what it pumps out. It's still Intel with Windows on a partition. Most games have run smoothly on medium or high on it.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Not trying to be a shill here but Xbone version also has advantages - it gets the DLC first. However, I assume the TC only has PS4 and PC.

LOL,

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SpiderLuke

@princeofshapeir: @clyde46: OK, one more tidbit and I'll probably start trying to figure this out on my own.

Went to Can I run it and it said I was well over the minimum and recommended requirements. What you think? (Hope the image shows up.)

In case it doesn't

CPUCPU
Recommended: Info
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
91st percentile
CPU SpeedCPU SPEED
Recommended: AMD six core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 3.0 GHz
You Have: 3.4 GHz
Video CardVIDEO CARD
Recommended: 2 GB, AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
You Have: GeForce GTX 780M
GeForce GTX 780M
89th percentile
Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
RequiredYou Have
IconPixel Shader version5.05.0
IconVertex Shader version5.05.0
IconDedicated Video RAM2 GB3.1 GB
RAMRAM
Recommended: 8 GB
You Have: 16 GB
16 GB
96th percentile
OSOS
Recommended: Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit
You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@SpiderLuke: I would never trust those sites. All they do is take your specs and then put against the recommended and minimum requirements. Having better than the recommended specs does not always equal better performance. These sites don't take into account bugs and other oddities that crop up in PC gaming.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Playing on a 65"+ tv with Onkyo amp and Dali 7.1 surround and comfy leather couch will always be superior than playing on a puny 27" monitor with piss poor office recliner and what, 5.1 logitech junk lol. The whole experience is night and day.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SpiderLuke

@clyde46: Yeah, plus there are little things that I heard that there were a handful of Nvidias that had framerate errors with this game specifically . Someone actually sited my exact card. I just wish PC demos were made available for most games or specific benchmarking tools existed from the companies that put these out. It's always like a shot in the dark, and its not one I usually like to take unless it's crazy on sale. lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clyde46

@gpuking said:

Playing on a 65"+ tv with Onkyo amp and Dali 7.1 surround and comfy leather couch will always be superior than playing on a puny 27" monitor with piss poor office recliner and what, 5.1 logitech junk lol. The whole experience is night and day.

Implying I can't do the same with my PC. What is HDMI? what is a sound card? You console simpletons are all the same. Besides if you are spending longer than an hour at your desk everyday you own it to your back to get yourself a decent office chair.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SpiderLuke

@clyde46 said:

@gpuking said:

Implying I can't do the same with my PC. What is HDMI? what is a sound card? You console simpletons are all the same. Besides if you are spending longer than an hour at your desk everyday you own it to your back to get yourself a decent office chair.

Jeez, my job requires me to be at my desk 12-15 hours a day. My back sure does feel it.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gpuking

@clyde46

Sure you can plug a pc right next to your tv but unless that's a dedicated gaming rig solely for that living room, I can't see the convenience of moving the rig back to the PC desk afterwards.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpiderLuke

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

Sure you can plug a pc right next to your tv but unless that's a dedicated gaming rig solely for that living room, I can't see the convenience of moving the rig back to the PC desk afterwards.

That was one argument I was trying to make with some people earlier. Some people thought I was crazy because I didn't think it was optimal moving my rig back and forth every day from the office my wife works in.

Then they asked, well, why don't I buy a bouch or a separate TV for the office? Oh it's that easy, huh?? lol

My wife uses that as a work computer too half the day too, but some people just wouldn't get it.

I swear, sometimes I feel that that I could offer people who argue in forums one million dollars, and they'll counter it saying, "What?? Only one?? You cheap ass! Why not two million??"

But, yeah, back on topic. I totally agree that it isn't always easy especially with a wife and a smaller condo.

Oh and for the record, I wasn't dissing what you said Clyde. There were others earlier that I was referring to more.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@gpuking said:

1. These are all opinions: Couch vs Comfy Chair. Low fov TV vs High fov Monitor. Preference.

@Jankarcop said:

lazyboy chair + big monitor (more game real estate in your eyes than a big tv far away) + 60 fps + High/Ultra is a far superior experience.

2. These are facts: PC version is objectively/quantifiable superior. No TV is going to make 22 fps dips and low gfx a good experience.

3. PC can use all of that hardware you listed to a superior degree than any console : self owned.

It's almost like little scurrying rats trying to get that last morsel of cheese. You're going to loose this gen too, you can keep whining about TV and Chairs, M3dude.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SpiderLuke

@Jankarcop: nobody is trying to win anything. I play on both. I'm asking for advice.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@SpiderLuke said:

@Jankarcop: nobody is trying to win anything. I play on both. I'm asking for advice.

I was talking to the troll m3boarde, aka giovela aka carlos aka gpuking

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

which is irrelevant

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By clyde46

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

Whats wrong with having a dedicated rig in the living room? Its all about preference and how you use your living space. When I lived with my parents I played my PC and consoles on a 24in monitor in my bedroom. Now I've moved out I can (or will be when I moved into my new place) play my games on a large HDTV in the living room. Playing games at your desk does not stop you from having the optimal experience, it just changes what the meaning of "optimal".

As I said before, you consolites seem to have this notion that its "either or" when it comes to gaming. You either play consoles on a big TV in the living room or you play PC games on a monitor in the office, both of which are now increasingly outdated. I can hook my PC up to whatever TV/Surround sound setup and have exactly the same or in many cases a better experience compared to a console. And before you start bleeting about the size and weight of a PC, I can build or buy PC's that are similar size to the consoles that have twice to 3 times the power.

@SpiderLuke said:

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

That was one argument I was trying to make with some people earlier. Some people thought I was crazy because I didn't think it was optimal moving my rig back and forth every day from the office my wife works in.

Then they asked, well, why don't I buy a bouch or a separate TV for the office? Oh it's that easy, huh?? lol

My wife uses that as a work computer too half the day too, but some people just wouldn't get it.

I swear, sometimes I feel that that I could offer people who argue in forums one million dollars, and they'll counter it saying, "What?? Only one?? You cheap ass! Why not two million??"

But, yeah, back on topic. I totally agree that it isn't always easy especially with a wife and a smaller condo.

Oh and for the record, I wasn't dissing what you said Clyde. There were others earlier that I was referring to more.

You have an iMac, it seems pointless moving that around all the time. Fact of the matter is, if you already own a PS4 then buy the game on PS4. Having already covered the topic of "can my iMac play this" your optimal experience would be using a console.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@SpiderLuke: I don't trust that site. That site said that my not so great PC (back in early 2007) would be able to handle Crysis with ease... but it said it would struggle with L4D2.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#69  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@SpiderLuke said:

I was talking to the troll m3boarde, aka giovela aka carlos aka gpuking

I'm proud of you. Seems that you also noticed the bullshit alts.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gpuking

I might eventually settle with a top of the line Steam Machine in the living room for all my multiplat and PS4 for the exclusives. This is how you enjoy the best of everything.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@SpiderLuke said:

I'll just get it for PC then, whatever.

Dude.. get it for whatever system you want to and tell the SW's to piss off!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clyde46

@gpuking said:

I might eventually settle with a top of the line Steam Machine in the living room for all my multiplat and PS4 for the exclusives. This is how you enjoy the best of everything.

Why bother. Just build an ITX system. They are more than man enough for 1080p gaming.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SpiderLuke

I predict I'm just going to end up doing what I did with the Mass Effect trilogy. Buy it for one of them then end up buying it for the other when it goes real cheap. I end up doing that with everything because I end up wanting to experience every aspect. Not saying that's the best thing to do at all. It's a sickness. I do this every time with a lot of games I really like, and then I just end up owning it on everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PC is king for WRPGS

skyrim and dragon age

pc loves that stuff why the heck would play this on ps4 its gonna look uglier and the fps are bad and no good content

yah dude ps4 lol come on kid who plays stuff on that

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Jesus, the guy asks a simple question explains the situation and gets answers from braindead morons who didn't read any of his posts but just want to say 'PC is teh bestest'. Amazing. As a PC gamer for a long time I'm incredulous at how fucking stupid they've all become.

TC, you need to play this game on a big screen. If hooking PC up to HDTV isn't an option the PS4 version is absolutely fine. That's what I'm playing on and my PC would probably put most of these clowns to shame if they posted their specs.The PS4 version looks and plays great obviously it will be that little bit better on PC in 1080P (as high as you will ever get playing on PC unless you have a 4K TV or you're one of those idiots who likes to play on the luxurious 'small' screen i.e monitor) just go ahead and buy it for PS4 it's a fucking amazing game and I promise you won't constantly feel less enjoyment because you're not playing on PC despite what these fuckwits would have you believe.

rsj2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rsj2
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

@blueinheaven: THANK you. I've been struggling with the same question and after reading this whole thread all I saw were fanboys not interested in giving a helpful answer.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

What if I were to tell you that you can play PC games and still sit on the Couch?

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Lol, so play on PC because better graphics, 60 FPS, is an "unhelpful" answer.

But syaing just play it ona consoles at 30 FPS with drops and lesser graphics is a "helpful" answer.

ok...

Most people don't even have huge TV's. I think they average aorudn 40 inches. My 28 inch 1440p monitor covers MORE of my field of vision at 3 feet than my 50 inch TV does from 10-12 feet away which is where I sit.

An RPG rich in detail like this is BEST experienced up close, where reading all the text isn't a pain, and where all the incredible graphics that the PC can produce can be fully appreciated.

Unless you're sitting 5 feet from your TV or less, the large screen doesn't matter as much because it's the field of vision that the screen covers which gives you that immersive feeling.

Even if playing on TV is a must, hooking up your PC to your TV is the best option. You can also stream your PC game to your TV via a laptop, tablet, or an Nvidia shield device.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

well PC has the graphics advantage if you can take advantage of it. Other than that there is nothing. The tactical view is a chore to use and so are the key/mouse controls with the UI designed the way it is.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I'm playing on the PS4, but my god the controls are HORRID. If you can cope playing with a controller then try it out, but be warned its ****ing awful.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I'm playing on the PS4, but my god the controls are HORRID. If you can cope playing with a controller then try it out, but be warned its ****ing awful.

y du do dat?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

y du do dat?

Its the first DA game I've played on consoles and not sure what I was expecting but it plays like a shooter basically. No idea if its the same on PC but trying to use party tactics is next to impossible and as for the AI, its shocking and you've no ability to really use anything than the most rudimentary tactics. Micro-managing the squad is so time consuming as to be impractical.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MonsieurX

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

y du do dat?

Its the first DA game I've played on consoles and not sure what I was expecting but it plays like a shooter basically. No idea if its the same on PC but trying to use party tactics is next to impossible and as for the AI, its shocking and you've no ability to really use anything than the most rudimentary tactics. Micro-managing the squad is so time consuming as to be impractical.

But why did you buy it on console instead of PC?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

y du do dat?

In process of rebuilding my desktop and wanted something to play on PS4 *shrug*

On the bright side game looks great on my new TV and I've grown used to all the pop-ins!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MonsieurX

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@MonsieurX said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

y du do dat?

In process of rebuilding my desktop and wanted something to play on PS4 *shrug*

On the bright side game looks great on my new TV and I've grown used to all the pop-ins!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#86  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

If it makes you feel any better the Keyboard controls are so bad I'm playing with a PS3 controller on my PC. At least now I can play it instead of fighting against the camera every step of the way.

I'm starting to think its more the combat isn't very good rather than the controls.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@with_teeth26 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

If it makes you feel any better the Keyboard controls are so bad I'm playing with a PS3 controller on my PC. At least now I can play it instead of fighting against the camera every step of the way.

I'm starting to think its more the combat isn't very good rather than the controls.

And it very may well be that its awful on the PC too (I haven't tried it) but the old DA age games were alot better than this. Stop dumbing everything down EA >:(

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#88  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I would recommend PC. I'm playing it with Xbox 360 controls, and the choice is very nice.

Also, with Bioware I always recommend PC because they make games that span generations, and their DLC never gets price drops. If you, like I did, purchased all the DLC for Mass Effect 1-3, you will be unhappy when you want to replay the games again when Mass Effect 4 comes out and all your DLC is tied to a last gen console. I picked up all 3 Mass Effect games on PC for about $5 each, but the DLC total price is about $60 for ME 2 and 3, which is crazy. So get PC... the choice continuity lends itself to replays in several years, and you don't want to be tied to dated hardware forever.

Edit: Mac? Oh... I whichever console you like the most.