Does modded Oblivion look better than console skyrim?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 8 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Does modded Oblivion look better than console skyrim? (37 votes)

Yes (oblivously) 68%
No (rim) 32%

My friends, Oblivion is now a terrible old game. Released in 2006 many console users would have been about 6 when it released.

Modded though, does this relic outclass the console version of Skyrim? You decide my friends, with the factually based way we know best, that is unarguable, a poll.

For comparison

Skyrim Xbox360

Skyrim (Playstation 3)

Oblivion pc.

Further comparison.

Xbox 360

PS3

Oblivion (pc)

#1 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6886 posts) -

I think a spider-man mem looks better.

#2 Edited by TwistedShade (3164 posts) -

"terrible old game"

Probably not the words I would use, it's still an amazing experience the graphics don't change that.

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

It's worth noting my friends, to make it fair, Oblivion is running 720p with no AA. Only FXAA.

Since 1080p Skyrim isn't do'able.

#4 Edited by Motokid6 (5463 posts) -

I did like Oblivion better then Skyrim.

Modded Skyrim though? Oof.. forget it. My game setup gives Witcher 3 a run for its money.

#5 Posted by lawlessx (46675 posts) -

"My friends, Oblivion is now a terrible old game. Released in 2006 many console users would have been about 6 when it released."

now how are we supposed to take you seriously when you post things like that?

#6 Edited by Flubbbs (3062 posts) -

is that the best modded Oblivion pictures you could find? but yes, you can make Oblivion look beautiful

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

is that the best modded Oblivion pictures you could find? but yes, you can make Oblivion look beautiful

My friend, cherry picking "the best" rather than "the average" would be cheating.

#8 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

"My friends, Oblivion is now a terrible old game. Released in 2006 many console users would have been about 6 when it released."

now how are we supposed to take you seriously when you post things like that?

It's a dated game, kinda like Golden Eye it's never as good as you remember and even gos as far as sucking. Unlike real classics like Planescape Torment or Mario 3 which are always good.

#9 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42731 posts) -

Modded Oblivion can look fantastic, so why couldn't it?

#10 Posted by mbrockway (3463 posts) -

I think unmodded pc Oblivion probably looks better than console Skyrim as long as you turn the res and effects up. Man, this just makes me wish it was on PS4 so I could play both of them again.

#11 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

I was 15 when it was released!

#12 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4725 posts) -

Modded Oblivion looks better than Vanilla Skyrim on PC

Your pics are not a good example of modded Oblivion

#13 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7472 posts) -

Terrible Oblivion screenshots. Just like your threads.

#14 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Another terrible uninspired cup thread to add to the dump. Way to represent for the UK.

#15 Posted by Kinthalis (5314 posts) -

I don't know. It's close. Console SKyrim is pretty ugly.

Now PC Skyrim that's a thing of beauty...

#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

Modded skyrim generally looks better than most (if not all) PS4/XboxOne titles.

#17 Posted by DillonShwing (565 posts) -

"My friends, Oblivion is now a terrible old game"

Stopped reading there. Oblivion is still a much better game than Skyrim. Graphics don't change that.

#18 Posted by Jankarcop (9304 posts) -

holy shit skyrim looks bad on consoles.

lmao multiplats on consoles

#19 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Elders Scrolls is shit so who cares?

#20 Edited by mems_1224 (47012 posts) -

Man, I dont remember Skyrim looking that bad on consoles. IDK how I ever played Bethesda games without mods.

#21 Edited by Kevlar101 (6105 posts) -

"terrible old game"

Probably not the words I would use, it's still an amazing experience the graphics don't change that.

Agreed. Hell, I'm actually in the middle of my third serious playthrough of Oblivion right now (the GOTY edition, so theres an ass-ton of content)

#22 Edited by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

Yeah, it does. My personal shots:

And dont get me started on skyrim

#23 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -
#24 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

You should always get the pc version.

#25 Posted by Pray_to_me (2838 posts) -

GTA 5 and RDR look better on consoles though *snicker*

#26 Edited by Motokid6 (5463 posts) -

Gta5 and RDR? Who cares? Not me that much i know. I have too many games i need to play as is.

#27 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16477 posts) -

This thread is clearly not about those games.

But please do go ahead, as its one of the few excuses you can keep recycling against PC gaming...

#28 Posted by Krelian-co (10715 posts) -

and yet another useless and garbage thread by TC

/clap clap have a cookie

#29 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, Oblivion is now a terrible old game

WOOOW, I literally just stopped right there...

GREAT game

old yes

BUT great games don't die because of it's age

~~~

of course i gotta come back

many console users would have been about 6 when it released

Just because you are like 13 doesn't mean everyone is little baby back then...

#30 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23631 posts) -

coming from a time when consoles never had a hope of playing a pc title all i can say is when i have a pc that will run a game i get it for that and when it can't run it it is hands down amazing that i can actually get what would traditionally be a pc only title for my consoles.

spin this any way you want but the truth is being able to play pc games on console was impossible just a few years ago and i am glad for it even if it is a shytty version.

as far as the topic goes it is obvious that a modded oblivion looks better than anything on the ps3 and 360 just like my buddys modded skyrim on his 2 year old pc looks better than anything on ps4 and x1.

#31 Edited by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

"terrible old game"

Agreed. Hell, I'm actually in the middle of my third serious playthrough of Oblivion right now (the GOTY edition, so theres an ass-ton of content)

I disagree, I think Oblivion is a really bad game. Broken classes and character builds, bad story, bad dialogue, and a ruined lore/setting because consoles at the time couldn't handle that it was supposed to be a Mediterranean theme

#32 Posted by Motokid6 (5463 posts) -

@wis3boi: Every ES after Morrowind was more or less broken. Your character can become a jack-of-all-trades. And thats whats broken about it. Mods fix this however.

SkyRe, Frostfalk, Hunterborn, and Realistic Needs and Diseases are the best things to have ever happened to Skyrim.

#33 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -
@Motokid6 said:

Gta5 and RDR? Who cares? Not me that much i know. I have too many games i need to play as is.

Nope.

Oblivions

Red Deads Redemptions.

The Grand thefts autos.

#34 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

Unless the godawful animations are modded, then skyrim looks far better.

#35 Posted by Motokid6 (5463 posts) -

@BeardMaster: God awful animations? There needs to BE animations for them to be god awful lol.

Theres mods for that too though.

#36 Posted by Kevlar101 (6105 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@TwistedShade said:

"terrible old game"

I disagree, I think Oblivion is a really bad game. Broken classes and character builds, bad story, bad dialogue, and a ruined lore/setting because consoles at the time couldn't handle that it was supposed to be a Mediterranean theme

I don't really understand how that last thing is a valid criticism but ... oh well.

And you have to have imagination for games like Oblivion and Skyrim and such. Clearly you do not.

#37 Edited by Jankarcop (9304 posts) -

actually modded Oblivion looks better than those.

And don't play the high quality games count against PC, Hint: we won last gen.

#38 Posted by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@TwistedShade said:

"terrible old game"

I don't really understand how that last thing is a valid criticism but ... oh well.

And you have to have imagination for games like Oblivion and Skyrim and such. Clearly you do not.

you mustve missed my screenshots in this thread. I also forgot that most gamers these days started with Oblivion/Fallout 3 and forgot there were other more original titles that preceded them

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (23620 posts) -

to be subjective it'd make sense to shot for shot match the modded PC shots with the Xbox 360 and PS3 shots... nonetheless a powerful PC with mods will probably win, no need to go to such shallow rhetoric lengths not shot for shot matching

#40 Edited by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -
#41 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

Nope.

Oblivions

Red Deads Redemptions.

The Grand thefts autos.

which system is oblivion on in that picture?

looks modded to me

#42 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Modded skyrim generally looks better than most (if not all) PS4/XboxOne titles.

no really?

a pc game running better than consoles?

this is shocking,

wow when did this happen?

because this is unheard of

#43 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

those look amazing.

Thanks. I hit F12.

#44 Posted by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

those look amazing.

Thanks. I hit F12.

that was a reply to my screens, but thanks for trying to take credit

#45 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6660 posts) -

WOW Skyrim modded looks amazing.

#46 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12938 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

In game lore, Cyrodill is a tropical jungle.

#47 Edited by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

In game lore, Cyrodill is a tropical jungle.

and the imperial city was supposed to look like Venice.

#48 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12938 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

and the imperial city was supposed to look like Venice.

Yup, and indeed the lore states that (paraphrased, I'm not looking it up) "even the bridges were overwrought with houses and shops".

The IC in Oblivion seriously feels like some small corner attraction at Disneyworld, only with far less people. I was not impressed.

#49 Edited by uninspiredcup (8363 posts) -

My friends, nobody cares.

#50 Edited by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Motokid6 said:

Yes.

Oblivions

Red Deads Redemptions.

gta V

Fixed that for you