Does Crytek really deserve this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

I also thought Crysis 2 was better than Crysis and yes I played both on PC. Neither one was really all that amazing though.

Crysis is not open world people need to stop repeating that bogus lie.

lightleggy

exactly.

I made a diagram, not exactly a paint prodigy but this explains it pretty good

The game would give you the illusion of being open world, but it was not, you HAD to go through the designated path because it was the only path you could take, im not even exaggerating, go play the game again and try to reach an objective from a different area, it's literally impossible, not one objective can be reached from another point, its all like a colander.

crysis2012123001224656.png

Your diagram is BS.

Take a look at this map.I can reach my objectives in whatever way I want.Your diagram is applicable to crysis 2,not crysis 1.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#152 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

I also thought Crysis 2 was better than Crysis and yes I played both on PC. Neither one was really all that amazing though.

Crysis is not open world people need to stop repeating that bogus lie.

call_of_duty_10

exactly.

The game would give you the illusion of being open world, but it was not, you HAD to go through the designated path because it was the only path you could take, im not even exaggerating, go play the game again and try to reach an objective from a different area, it's literally impossible, not one objective can be reached from another point, its all like a colander.

Your diagram is BS.

Take a look at this map.I can reach my objectives in whatever way I want.Your diagram is applicable to crysis 2,not crysis 1.

I actually was going to use that mission to explain my diagram but I had forgotten what the exact objective was.

that exact thing is depicted in the diagram, the area with the objectives is the blue "unavoidable area", it's large, but you can only reach it from a way, I tried it, because the standard route was crawling with enemies, trust me, and if you dont trust me, go try it yourself, the game just drives you through an invisible corridor until you get to a larget zone, its actually the perfect example of what I said: you think you are gonna be able to reach it from somewhere else, but when you approach you'll find it's impossible to go through because of unpassable terrain, its an imaginary corridor, there is no freedom in it.

and the circled area (the one with the 2 AA guns) is exactly the same size as most crysis 2 areas.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

The levels are still very big, and keeping in mind my illustration, i'd say it was the same.

ChubbyGuy40

No they aren't. I remember one level that seemed big but that was only because of it's verticality. The rest of it wasclaustrophobic corridors. No one wants to tell you how stupid your illustration is because we shouldn't have to. Not to mention Crysis 2's issues go far beyond its level design.

but as far as scale goes, actual scale, not just perceived game world, C1 and C2 were the same.

lightleggy

Don't even attempt to argue that. Crysis 2 was as open and large as a CoD game.

Thats the thing, crysis 2 has more verticals levels, and it also has a fairly large area, focus on the battlegrounds, not the actual corridors (which crysis 1 also had) and you'll see that they are exactly the same size or even bigger than the ones in C1. my illustration is not stupid, it depicts exactly how crysis 1 was, out of all the terrain you saw on the map, you could only go through less than 25% of it. The mission when you have to reach the mine entrance, if you look at the map you'll see that technically you should be able to avoid 3 enemy checkpoints by going around them, but once you get there you'll see that its IMPOSSIBLE because of unpassable terrain, trees, cliffs, roadblocks or other natural structures. It was an illusion, something to make you think you had options but in reality you didnt.
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

exactly.

lightleggy

Your diagram is BS.

I actually was going to use that mission to explain my diagram but I had forgotten what the exact objective was.

that exact thing is depicted in the diagram, the area with the objectives is the blue "unavoidable area", it's large, but you can only reach it from a way, I tried it, because the standard route was crawling with enemies, trust me, and if you dont trust me, go try it yourself, the game just drives you through an invisible corridor until you get to a larget zone, its actually the perfect example of what I said: you think you are gonna be able to reach it from somewhere else, but when you approach you'll find it's impossible to go through because of unpassable terrain, its an imaginary corridor, there is no freedom in it.

and the circled area (the one with the 2 AA guns) is exactly the same size as most crysis 2 areas.

I have played this level multiple times Here are the routes I have taken so far.

Had absolutely no problems on any of them.

Again,what you said applies to crysis 2.Levels like roosevelt island and central park look big but are actually linear corridors.

Only 3 levels in crysis are actually linear.The first one,the alien core,and the last one.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I am very excited for Crysis 3. I loved both Crysis 1 and 2. No doubt they were structured differently, but the Crysis games offer a lot of gameplay variety and the suit powers are really fun to use.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Yes of course Crysis 1 didn't have sandboxish levels, No wonder it had a Day/Night Cycle *roll eyes*

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Your diagram is BS.

call_of_duty_10

I have played this level multiple times Here are the routes I have taken so far.

Again,what you said applies to crysis 2.Levels like roosevelt island and central park look big but are actually linear corridors.

Only 3 levels in crysis are actually linear.The first one,the alien core,and the last one.

Exactly. Crysis was certainly not an "open world" game. anyone who ever said that didn't know what it actually means. But it did have very large, far larger than anything in Crysis 2, and they did have several usable routes. I don't know what lightleggy is thinking of with that diagram. That bay level in Crysis is massive, and endlessly replayable. I've replayed that level alone just because it's so fun, more than I've played the rest of the game. Dozens upon dozens of times. Don't think I've ever tackled it quite the same twice.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Your diagram is BS.

call_of_duty_10

you didn't even checked the diagram

tumblr_mgjb90F67P1rpii74o1_500.jpg

I'll say it again: The area with the AA guns is the unavoidable area, the big blue circle? its there to represent that the game only gives you "freedom" once you get to that area, the rest of the level is the part before the blue circle, it's a "colander", you may drive off the edges and try to enter the blue circle from the right side, but on your way you'll find out that the unpassable terrain just drives you to the "normal" entrance.

Many of the C2 levels were not linear corridors, they had the same "colander" structure in the end, but the battle areas themselves would also give you plenty of space to navigate, in addition to verticality which C1 didn't had.

I'd post pics if I hadn't uninstalled that game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#159 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I've said it before, I must be the easiest to please gamer ever. I loved Crysis and 2. Really looking forward to 3.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#160 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
ITT: people think games have to be completely open-world and sandbox to be labeled as 'nonlinear'. all we asked from crysis 2 was to be like far cry and crysis (a spiritual successor to far cry, for the people who don't have a clue in this thread). crysis wasn't a hell of a lot in terms of openness compared to an open-world game. i know this. we all know this. stop pointing it out. you're a broken record. you need to take your medication or lay off the coffee. but the fact that crysis 2 didn't match crysis was what disappointed people. the fact that both single and multiplayer modes were heavily influenced by the cod-inspired cancerous trends (perkslol, linear design, streamlining of already simple features, etc.) in FPS games were also bad marks for the game. the streamlining of gameplay features further enhanced the fact that the game is just a dumbed down crysis. keep in mind, we were not asking for much from crysis 2, but fans of the original crysis were brushed under the mat in order to change the direction of the series so suddenly toward the casual fps market. fyi, didnt do as well as intended even with the bros iirc when you make a sequel, you need to appeal to the audience of the first, as well. crytek didnt. thats why people discredit it. thats why we're having all these stupid arguments with you people that can't understand this.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I love both the Crysis games. The first was one was less open then people say (about 1/3 of the game was ultra linear in fact) while the second one was more open then people say (there was still multiple routes and ways to attack). Eagerly awaiting the 3rd one, hope it brings balance to the Force by mixing the best of both Crysis games :P
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 lightleggy
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I love both the Crysis games. The first was one was less open then people say (about 1/3 of the game was ultra linear in fact) while the second one was more open then people say (there was still multiple routes and ways to attack). Eagerly awaiting the 3rd one, hope it brings balance to the Force by mixing the best of both Crysis games :P

Finally someone who speaks some sense.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.

This right here, I feel the exact same way.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.mems_1224

Obviously Crysis 2 had things which made it stand out over Crysis 1, however if you consider the sandbox feeling of the first Crysis and how the suit powers were implemented, it feels like they took away too much

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.megaspiderweb09

Obviously Crysis 2 had things which made it stand out over Crysis 1, however if you consider the sandbox feeling of the first Crysis and how the suit powers were implemented, it feels like they took away too much

It wasn't really a sandbox. It was just a lot of empty space. Saying the first Crysis is a sandbox is like saying the halo games are a sandbox
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 megaspiderweb09

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] This right here, I feel the exact same way. mems_1224

It wasn't really a sandbox. It was just a lot of empty space. Saying the first Crysis is a sandbox is like saying the halo games are a sandbox

Even if it was an empty space, you dont get the feeling your path is restricted, which tend to play itself in the combat. Like when i played Crysis 1, i could cloak in grass and speed to the beech side, get a rover and do all sorts of stuff in relation to how i wana fight. In Crysis 2, i felt stuck in most level and the suit abilities were reduced to cloak n armour, it just felt wrong either way considering i even got introduced to the series with Crysis 2 before downloading Crysis 1 on PSN

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#167 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

yes , they cancelled or refused to make timesplitters 4 and refuse to develope for the wii u , they deserve all the darn hate in the world to me right now

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#168 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] This right here, I feel the exact same way. mems_1224

the first halo games multiplayer maps sure felt empty!

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lightleggy

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

megaspiderweb09

Even if it was an empty space, you dont get the feeling your path is restricted, which tend to play itself in the combat. Like when i played Crysis 1, i could cloak in grass and speed to the beech side, get a rover and do all sorts of stuff in relation to how i wana fight. In Crysis 2, i felt stuck in most level and the suit abilities were reduced to cloak n armour, it just felt wrong either way considering i even got introduced to the series with Crysis 2 before downloading Crysis 1 on PSN

you dont get that feeling until you actually deviate from the main route and realize that it's impossible to go through most terrain, and taht most of the "game world" is actually unaccesable.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] It wasn't really a sandbox. It was just a lot of empty space. Saying the first Crysis is a sandbox is like saying the halo games are a sandboxlightleggy

you dont get that feeling until you actually deviate from the main route and realize that it's impossible to go through most terrain, and taht most of the "game world" is actually unaccesable.

Crytek was pretty smart with the way it steered the player in the first Crysis and Warhead. There were impassable terrain, sharks, and missile fire from warships offshore. In Crysis 2, you simply came up against an invisible wall a lot of times.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Crysis 2 was a big pile of ass

lightleggy

Is that something good or bad? Because I sure like a good ass.

I had to force myself to finish the game. It was very very bad

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#172 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I was not a fan of Crysis 2. I was instantly turned off by Crysis 2. I was a fan of Crysis Warhead, and if Crysis 3 is more like Warhead I will not complain too much. But at the least can I get maximum speed back? Because who ever turned maximum speed into a f*cking sprint is worse than the guy who came up with the death drops in SSX.
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 megaspiderweb09

I was not a fan of Crysis 2. I was instantly turned off by Crysis 2. I was a fan of Crysis Warhead, and if Crysis 3 is more like Warhead I will not complain too much. But at the least can I get maximum speed back? Because who ever turned maximum speed into a f*cking sprint is worse than the guy who came up with the death drops in SSX.jg4xchamp

This!!! and Maximum Strength too

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lightleggy

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I was not a fan of Crysis 2. I was instantly turned off by Crysis 2. I was a fan of Crysis Warhead, and if Crysis 3 is more like Warhead I will not complain too much. But at the least can I get maximum speed back? Because who ever turned maximum speed into a f*cking sprint is worse than the guy who came up with the death drops in SSX.megaspiderweb09

You did had maximum strenght in crysis 2...
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#175 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Yes.

I will never forgive them for that massive disappointment called Crysis 2, unless Crysis 3 somehow turns out to be good.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#176 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I can't seem to get excited for this game.. just feels like a generic shooter.. that lets you wear a suit.
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I was not a fan of Crysis 2. I was instantly turned off by Crysis 2. I was a fan of Crysis Warhead, and if Crysis 3 is more like Warhead I will not complain too much. But at the least can I get maximum speed back? Because who ever turned maximum speed into a f*cking sprint is worse than the guy who came up with the death drops in SSX.lightleggy

No you didn't.Power kick/punch doesn't count. You can't shoot without recoil,and afaik,you can't throw grenades at great distances either....But I suppose it doesn't matter,since the areas in crysis 2 are very small.
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] It wasn't really a sandbox. It was just a lot of empty space. Saying the first Crysis is a sandbox is like saying the halo games are a sandboxlightleggy

There is no main route. Didn't you see the pic I posted?There are SEVEN ways to reach that objective.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

call_of_duty_10

No you didn't.Power kick/punch doesn't count. You can't shoot without recoil,and afaik,you can't throw grenades at great distances either....But I suppose it doesn't matter,since the areas in crysis 2 are very small.

They do count. You could still grab enemies and throw them far away, throw stuff to a larger distance, and yes you could shoot with no recoil, you had to press shift while aiming down the sights, genius. The only point I agree with you is not being able to throw grenades farther, but the distance is actually alright. And no, wheter you like it or not, crysis 2 battle areas were not small
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lightleggy
http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/guides/crysis-2-benchmarks/Crysis2_Hardcore.jpg Sorry forum is giving issues to post a pic or link.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

call_of_duty_10

There is no main route. Didn't you see the pic I posted?There are SEVEN ways to reach that objective.

Didnt you read what I said? that area was still present in the diagram, it is THE BLUE AREA, before that there is only 1 way to enter that blue area.
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts
Best on 720
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] you dont get that feeling until you actually deviate from the main route and realize that it's impossible to go through most terrain, and taht most of the "game world" is actually unaccesable.lightleggy

Didnt you read what I said? that area was still present in the diagram, it is THE BLUE AREA, before that there is only 1 way to enter that blue area.

The difference is that the objective lies INSIDE the blue area.

According to your diagram,the objective can only be reached through one path.But that is definitely not true!I can reach it from any side!

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 call_of_duty_10
Best on 720GioVela2010
Wrong thread:P
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

One word EA, whatever promises were made for Crysis 3 will evaporate into pure hype and nothing more. So yes they deserve the hate for partnering with the devil

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] There is no main route. Didn't you see the pic I posted?There are SEVEN ways to reach that objective.call_of_duty_10

The difference is that the objective lies INSIDE the blue area.

According to your diagram,the objective can only be reached through one path.But that is definitely not true!I can reach it from any side!

The objective part of the diagram is meant to point the end of the level, the blue part is an unavoidable area.
jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

I was extremely excited for C2 when it's announced but it's a huge letdown. Let's face it littlegy: C1 was much more open than C2 which felt like COD with a dumb down nanosuit. The worst change about that suit was the lack of maximum speed and sprint consumes energy.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 lightleggy

I was extremely excited for C2 when it's announced but it's a huge letdown. Let's face it littlegy: C1 was much more open than C2 which felt like COD with a dumb down nanosuit. The worst change about that suit was the lack of maximum speed and sprint consumes energy.

jackfruitchips
im not saying that Crysis 2 had a GTA sized world, im saying it's not the compressed nugget that all the haters make it out to be. most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty, and the ones with stuff to do (combat) were also present in C2 and about the same size as well.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,lightleggy

And Crysis 2 is small and claustrophobic, something Crysis never had that feeling of. You call it useless, but it provides freedom of movement so it doesn't always feel like you're going down a corridor. It also provides many points of entry into a compound which Crysis 2 never had.

And your diagram is still flawed and has already been proven wrong. It's quite sad that you even made it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 wis3boi

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,ChubbyGuy40

And Crysis 2 is small and claustrophobic, something Crysis never had that feeling of. You call it useless, but it provides freedom of movement so it doesn't always feel like you're going down a corridor. It also provides many points of entry into a compound which Crysis 2 never had.

And your diagram is still flawed and has already been proven wrong. It's quite sad that you even made it.

and dont forget there are unmarked quests and hidden camps and areas you can find in C1 if you go off the 'path'

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,ChubbyGuy40

Would you seriously stop your pointless rant? I'm not even a C2 fanboy, I just dont like the haters like you...Zelda TP is not as long as other zelda games and it doesn't have as many sidequests, I really dont like Zelda TP, but you dont see me saying pointless stuff like "Zelda tp lasts 4 hours and it only has 2 sidequests!" because I hate it, no, I keep it real, unlike you.

Out of the 19 levels in C2, only about 3 of them are mostly "claustrophobic", the rest features open areas, which were the same size of your Crysis 1 camps, some of them even bigger, and the rest of the world in C1 didn't mattered at all because it was just eye candy, nothing to do with it.

Just stop it with the "Ohhh every Level in C2 was the size of a peanut!", the game levels wont shrink just because you hated the game.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 lightleggy

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,wis3boi

and dont forget there are unmarked quests and hidden camps and areas you can find in C1 if you go off the 'path'

You can unlock those sidemissions by taking 1 step off the road, you dont need to venture jungle deep (it's impossible anyway) and even then those are just fetch quests that provide no insight on the story and that are just a standard firefight.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,wis3boi

Really? Can you provide a sample unmarked quest? I thought I've seen every nook and cranny in Crysis and Warhead...... I guess not. He He.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ChubbyGuy40

Would you seriously stop your pointless rant? I'm not even a C2 fanboy, I just dont like the haters like you...Zelda TP is not as long as other zelda games and it doesn't have as many sidequests, I really dont like Zelda TP, but you dont see me saying pointless stuff like "Zelda tp lasts 4 hours and it only has 2 sidequests!" because I hate it, no, I keep it real, unlike you.

Out of the 19 levels in C2, only about 3 of them are mostly "claustrophobic", the rest features open areas, which were the same size of your Crysis 1 camps, some of them even bigger, and the rest of the world in C1 didn't mattered at all because it was just eye candy, nothing to do with it.

Just stop it with the "Ohhh every Level in C2 was the size of a peanut!", the game levels wont shrink just because you hated the game.

lightleggy

Twilight Princess is a long game. Doesn't have as many side quests as Majora's Mask, but it has just as many as every other Zelda. We don't see you saying that because you'd have to have saolin-level of intelligence to even suggest so.

That's funny, cause none of them are claustrophobic in Crysis 1. You don't need to quote that either to suggest it's something foreign to Crysis 2's level design, because it's not.

And Crysis's openness doesn't shrink because you suck at making diagrams. Aside from the holdout missions (which were still small sections of street,) the only level that felt open was Unsafe Haven.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 ChubbyGuy40

Really? Can you provide a sample unmarked quest? I thought I've seen every nook and cranny in Crysis and Warhead...... I guess not. He He.

jun_aka_pekto

Unmarked quests were the side quests which you would pick up if you diverted from the main road.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] most of the open areas in crysis 1 were useless, completely empty,jun_aka_pekto

This mountain is waaaaaay off the path of the mission, has a small outpost on top with incredibly early access to powerful weapons you normally don't get until later and offers an excellent way to make a distraction if you are a good shot with your sniper.

1ag9p.jpg

Some get marked on your map as yellow dots (side quests) some don't. Other examples include disabling radio towers or getting intel.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

This mountain is waaaaaay off the path of the mission, has a small outpost on top with incredibly early access to powerful weapons you normally don't get until later and offers an excellent way to make a distraction if you are a good shot with your sniper.

1ag9p.jpg

Oooooh, that. Okay.

You know you could get the scope way before reaching that shack, right? Look for one of the baddies near the main road soon after leaving the village where Prophet and Psycho are.

Edit:

Anyway, one of my habits is avoiding the main road as much as possible. :lol:

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#198 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I wasn't really crazy about either, really. I liked Crysis 1 a little more, but only a very little.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

1ag9p.jpg

Some get marked on your map as yellow dots (side quests) some don't. Other examples include disabling radio towers or getting intel.

Wait, isn't that the second level? If so, that spot is ridiculously obvious; the game practically leads you there by the scruff of your neck. If this is the "imagination" I supposedly lacked when playing Crysis, I'm entirely unimpressed.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

ChubbyGuy40

Twilight Princess is a long game. Doesn't have as many side quests as Majora's Mask, but it has just as many as every other Zelda. We don't see you saying that because you'd have to have saolin-level of intelligence to even suggest so.

That's funny, cause none of them are claustrophobic in Crysis 1. You don't need to quote that either to suggest it's something foreign to Crysis 2's level design, because it's not.

And Crysis's openness doesn't shrink because you suck at making diagrams. Aside from the holdout missions (which were still small sections of street,) the only level that felt open was Unsafe Haven.

My point is that it's not as long as other zelda games, and that doesn't mean I can go around saying it lasts 4 hours. you are saying that crysis 2 levels were a sausage while Crysis 1 felt like an entire continent, you can feel free to explore crysis 1 as much as you like, and you'll notice that what I said its true, you cant access over 50% of the terrain you see in the map, And Crysis 1 also had claustrophobic levels, the cave systems, the alien ship, the aircraft carrier, hell even the snow mountain felt like a crooked corridor.