Does Crytek really deserve this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

I have a question to my fellow PC gamers, does Crytek really deserve all the hate it is getting even for Crysis 3? Sure they sold us out on Crysis 2 for the console crowd and heavily dumbed it down but still they gave us the PC version of Crysis 2. Now, even after Cevat admitted that they made a mistake with Crysis 2 by severely changing the game design and all the promises of Crysis 3 being different. I even like the idea of urban jungle and frankly the art style looks good this time I have high hopes that they will deliver this time especially since it is probably their last boxed release before they go F2P. The required system specs also suggests that they are going all out with Crysis 3 like they did with the original.

I mean I have seen you people jumping up and down when DICE announced BF3 and promised of a special treatment of the PC version even though they didn't even release the Bad Company on PC. But in case of Crytek, you people are not going to forgive them and keep complaining about one thing or another when they admitted their mistake and also promised to focus thier attention on PC version. Is it really fair my dear fellow system warriors?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zeeshanhaider

To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.MBirdy88

Okay...so you are looking forward to Crysis 3?

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Yeah, they do, especially their bigmouthed CEO, who lies left and right ...

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeeshanhaider

Kizzo, so did DICE!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

crysis 3 looks alot better than crysis 2.

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.

what BS.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I have a question to my fellow PC gamers, does Crytek really deserve all the hate it is getting even for Crysis 3? Sure they sold us out on Crysis 2 for the console crowd and heavily dumbed it down but still they gave us the PC version of Crysis 2. Now, even after Cevat admitted that they made a mistake with Crysis 2 by severely changing the game design and all the promises of Crysis 3 being different. I even like the idea of urban jungle and frankly the art style looks good this time I have high hopes that they will deliver this time especially since it is probably their last boxed release before they go F2P. The required system specs also suggests that they are going all out with Crysis 3 like they did with the original.

I mean I have seen you people jumping up and down when DICE announced BF3 and promised of a special treatment of the PC version even though they didn't even release the Bad Company on PC. But in case of Crytek, you people are not going to forgive them and keep complaining about one thing or another when they admitted their mistake and also promised to focus thier attention on PC version. Is it really fair my dear fellow system warriors?

zeeshanhaider

They sold out, but having realised that crysis 1 sold as much on one platform, as crsys 2 did on 3 they are trying to crawl back to PC gamers.

Crysis 3 will just be more of the same, dumbed down gameplay designed to appeal to the the lowest common denominator, console casuals.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

tenaka2

They sold out, but having realised that crysis 1 sold as much on one platform, as crsys 2 did on 3 they are trying to crawl back to PC gamers.

Crysis 3 will just be more of the same, dumbed down gameplay designed to appeal to the the lowest common denominator, console casuals.

So, you accept that they are trying to win us back. I mean we should give them a benefit of a doubt, I mean it's pretty much their last boxed title.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.Another-World
what BS.

I prefered it. Crysis 2 felt more focused.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

cryris 2 was a tryhard version of COD

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

Crysis 3 preview videos looks good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.zeeshanhaider

Okay...so you are looking forward to Crysis 3?

Yes, because Crytek is a graphic whore company that wants to make cinamatic experiances, and I will enjoy it like I did Crysis 2.... I spent too much time in Crysis 1 look at boring jungle and trying to find fun in approaching te linear route from another angle :roll: excitment all round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Another-World"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.

what BS.

"Hey guys I approached the same place from a different angle, THE TACTICAL DEPTH"
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

zeeshanhaider

So, you accept that they are trying to win us back. I mean we should give them a benefit of a doubt, I mean it's pretty much their last boxed title.

They may try to win pc gamers back, but i doubt they will be successful, if they had stuck with PC and continued to make pc only titles there games would have remained impressive,

Being stuck with the crippling limitations of the old consoles, has ruined their games, I won't be buying a crytek product again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Omg I could knock down a few stick-like treets, and cardboard houses, the destructive depth!
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

They may try to win pc gamers back, but i doubt they will be successful, if they had stuck with PC and continued to make pc only titles there games would have remained impressive,

Being stuck with the crippling limitations of the old consoles, has ruined their games, I won't be buying a crytek product again.

Going multiplat is probably EA's decision. Since Cevat was always talking about releasing Crysis 2 on Next Gen consoles.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Yes,it does.

Crysis 1 is a tactical shooter in which you have true freedom.Crysis 2 is a crappy pos call of duty clone that has neither the freedom of crysis 1,nor the fast paced gunplay of call of duty.The result is a slow and restrictive shooter that will make you fall asleep in less than a minute.

"Tactical options available" lmao is this an effin joke?Give the players freedom...make the levels bigger and dont point out the paths.The players aren't 3 year olds ffs.

Crysis 2 deserves to be burned at the stake,and so does crysis 3,which looks like crysis 2.1.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

They did not sell out to consoles. They just expanded their business. They owe nothing to PC gamers and no one give me that PC gamers made Crytek BS. Crytek made a good product and made themselves. It is not like there was some huge charity drive for Crytek that PC gamers hosted. Hell the only reason most PC gamers cared at all about Crysis is so they could say Oh look how great the graphics in PC gaming are compared to you silly console users. Also anyone that hates on Crytek now just sounds like some hipster hating on the mainstream developer and they were only cool when just the PC gamers knew about them.

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

They did not sell out to consoles. They just expanded their business. They owe nothing to PC gamers and no one give me that PC gamers made Crytek BS. Crytek made a good product and made themselves. It is not like there was some huge charity drive for Crytek that PC gamers hosted. Hell the only reason most PC gamers cared at all about Crysis is so they could say Oh look how great the graphics in PC gaming are compared to you silly console users. Also anyone that hates on Crytek now just sounds like some hipster hating on the mainstream developer and they were only cool when just the PC gamers knew about them.

CanYouDiglt

So PC gamers didn't make Crytek but it's because PC gamers were like "Oh look how great the graphics in PC gaming" that Crytek became successful. Hmmm, okay!

I personally feel like Crytek is the prefect example what happens when you abandon your core fanbase and hope that the new gamers will automatically compensate with larger sales and fanbase. This is possible but Crytek didn't manage to do it right and Crysis 2 was a boring product in an action genre that feels more and more tired by the year.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tenaka2

CanYouDiglt

Gamers voted with their wallets, crysys 2 sales were very dissappointing and crytek had to sack staff.

You piss off your userbase, your products don't sell.

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 call_of_duty_10

Crysis 1 gameplay

Crysis 2 gameplay

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
they went for COD type money with 2 and failed, so I dont feel sorry for them.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

I was really dissapointed with Crysis 2, sure I still finished it and enjoyed it but it was nowhere near as good as the first one. Maybe if the first one was never made the second crysis would get more praise.

I'm very excited for the third one though and it looks like it will combine the best of the previous two.

Also in an interview with RPS, Cevat Yerli said that they see F2P as the future, doesn't mean their next game will be F2P already though.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeeshanhaider

All you guys hating on Crytek for going multiplatform but all of you guys were jumping up and down with BF3, BF: Bad Company any one? How about you people excited about Fortnite forgetting how Epic treat their original fanbase like sh*t and didn't try to hide it also they didn't support the platform at all.

You are willing to give the chance to all these crappy developers but not to Crytek for one single mistake.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts
I've found Warhead to be better than both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Crysis 1 gameplay

Crysis 2 gameplay

call_of_duty_10
Oh seriously get a grip. you can do that on Crysis on the easiest difficulty too, or are you people going to pretend that Crysis 1s A.I was even remotly competant, thye would look at you and not do anything, I had a helicopter which I couldnt kill because it flew to the cieling of the map and I couldnt progress my game. what a biased load of crap.
theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

Crysis 1 gameplay

Crysis 2 gameplay

MBirdy88

Oh seriously get a grip. you can do that on Crysis on the easiest difficulty too, or are you people going to pretend that Crysis 1s A.I was even remotly competant, thye would look at you and not do anything, I had a helicopter which I couldnt kill because it flew to the cieling of the map and I couldnt progress my game. what a biased load of crap.

Read the description. That guy was playing Veteran difficulty. What a joke game and a great symbol for everything I despise about current gen gaming, and then I'm not even talking about multiplatform as negative.

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

Crysis 1 gameplay

Crysis 2 gameplay

MBirdy88

The crysis 2 gameplay is on veteran lol and it can be done on post human too.

And thisis what happens when you try to do the same thing in C1.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

zeeshanhaider

Have you even seen gameplay of Crysis 3 ? Even if they do deliver on the visuals it will be a more pretty COD clone. It will not be what the original was, they already raped that and left it by the side of the road to rot.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
The way I see, from what little I have played from both games, the original Crysis and Crysis 2 are completely different games taking different path, trying to do different things, that you really can't compare them. And no matter how you look at it, they are both far better than a lot of sh*tty military shooters we get nowadays.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

theSADmafioso

So PC gamers didn't make Crytek but it's because PC gamers were like "Oh look how great the graphics in PC gaming" that Crytek became successful. Hmmm, okay!

I personally feel like Crytek is the prefect example what happens when you abandon your core fanbase and hope that the new gamers will automatically compensate with larger sales and fanbase. This is possible but Crytek didn't manage to do it right and Crysis 2 was a boring product in an action genre that feels more and more tired by the year.

No offense but i agree with him, PC gamers are just awful

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tenaka2

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

megaspiderweb09

Businesses never like discerning customers, console gamers will buy anything with a main franchise brand on it, regardless of quality.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I enjoyed Far Cry. I enjoyed Crysis. I enjoyed Crysis 2. What I see of Crysis 3 looks like a nice middle-ground of Crysis and Crysis 2, and I'm looking forward to playing it.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

tenaka2

Businesses never like discerning customers, console gamers will buy anything with a main franchise brand on it, regardless of quality.

I am not denying that console gamers need to bow to the PC gamer master race.It still does not change the fact that PC gamers complain about everything and alwayz expect that the sun would alwayz shine out of their bums.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

megaspiderweb09

I am not denying that console gamers need to bow to the PC gamer master race.It still does not change the fact that PC gamers complain about everything and alwayz expect that the sun would alwayz shine out of their bums.

Yes, and PC gamers are very loyal to companies that make that effort.

Crytek tried to cash in on consoles and sacrificed quality to do so. Added to that the game was a sales flop as console gamers only buy known franchise games.

Console gamers will buy any old rubbish regardless of quality this fact does not make PC gamers bad people.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

tenaka2

exactly you'd never see a main series like Modern Warfare or BlackOps selling millions of units on PC....oh wait. I guess PC gamers will buy anything with a main franchise brand on it, regardless of quality aswell. If we're just mindlessly generalizing platform fanbases. You really need to get over your superiority complex, its pathetic.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I liked crysis 2 and will enjoy crysis 3

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

marklarmer

exactly you'd never see a main series like Modern Warfare or BlackOps selling millions of units on PC....oh wait. I guess PC gamers will buy anything with a main franchise brand on it, regardless of quality aswell. If we're just mindlessly generalizing platform fanbases. You really need to get over your superiority complex, its pathetic.

Its system wars, having a superior persona is the whole point of the forum.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

No. Most developers don't deserve the hate they get from narrow-minded asshats on the internet.It's ok to be truly disappointed by a game, but some people take disappointment to an entirely unnecessary level.I was disappointed that the levels in C2 weren't as open-ended as they were in the original, but C2 wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. It had it's flaws but in the end I enjoyed playing it. To me that's what's important.

And to the peoplethat believe what these developers tell you about their games pre-launch, If you are that friggin gullible, You deserve to be lied to. When it boils down to it , a game is a product someone is trying to sell, hype is part of the game.Learn to read between the lines and do some goddamn research before you buy.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay. Crysis 2 went the movie route, and was actually more enjoyable because of it. and no, I am not against sandbox, I just dont pretend Crysis 1 was some tactical sandbox game when it clearly friggin wasn,t there was godamn nothing to it.MBirdy88

I disagree, I thought Crysis 1's gameplay was much better. I loved the powers, though sprinting on speed mode was useless, and armor mode just made you lose your energy immediately so it was useless.

I agree with the poor story, and poor enemy variety, but the gameplay was great, and I loved being able to take out camps of people from far away, by running and gunning, or with stealth kills, it felt smooth to me and I loved that. But it did feel messy to me, and it could have been done better, it's good to see someone not hating on C2 for once though. :P

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

If this is a question to "your fellow pc gamers" then why is it in System Wars and not in the PC forum?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

Most Pc gamers can care less that a game goes multiplat but they do care when quality and the direction get compromised from what made it fun and unique. Crysis 1 turned heads from its graphics to open ended based approach to FPS's. Crysis 2 threw almost everything out that made crysis "crysis" , by turning it into a cinematic rail shooter that abandoned the basis that the 1st game set.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Crytek was respectable back in the day until they consolised Crysis 2 and released it on consoles and going F2P. News articles about what Crytek had to say about the gaming industry has also damaged their reputation. They talk crap.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

Crytek was respectable back in the day until they consolised Crysis 2 and released it on consoles and going F2P. News articles about what Crytek had to say about the gaming industry has also damaged their reputation. They talk crap.

GamerwillzPS

yay, gamerwillz is back :)

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]To me Crysis 2 was a better game than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 was an empty sandbox with nothing going for it, powers unimaginitive, and was really linear despite having large maps. it literally felt like a tech demo with a poor story, poor enemy variety and mediocre gameplay.

Dude thats what all Crytek games are lol. Nothing more than glorified tech demos. Amazing graphics and everything else is just OK. I mean look back at Far Cry 1. Sure people hate on FC2, but FC1 was complete and absolute trash. The only memorable thing about it was how pretty the beach looked. If Crytek spent more time designing their games than making the best graphics, I think I would like them alot more. Right now for me Crytek games are just benchmarks for me to check if my computer is good or not. Just a more expensive version of 3DMark lol.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Considering how watered down Crysis 2 was compared to the original, yes.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

No. Most developers don't deserve the hate they get from narrow-minded asshats on the internet.It's ok to be truly disappointed by a game, but some people take disappointment to an entirely unnecessary level.I was disappointed that the levels in C2 weren't as open-ended as they were in the original, but C2 wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. It had it's flaws but in the end I enjoyed playing it. To me that's what's important.

heretrix

It's natural to b*tch about something you don't like, and wen there's a group of fans dissapointed by how the devs changed the formula to appeal to the console casual crowd with Crysis 2 to sell more (which is what anyone would do in Crytek's shoes wen they've got a IP that broke into popularity, but the fans are not in their shoes, so f*ck that), b*tching about it is the only thing you can do.

Instead of sitting on their asses doing nothing, they at least are vocal about their dissapointment, which is the oposite of a narrow-minded asshat who does absolutely nothing about his issue about a game he payed money on to at least try to change something. Hell, and even though that sounds impossible, it can happen like it happened to Bioware's ME3 ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

People were'nt just pissy about the visuals being dumbed down, the level design and controls for the suit were all severly casualised and streamlined for a controller in mind instead of a PC. Everything got smaller and easier, Crysis 1 was big, open and great to experiment in. Crysis 2 while I actually still enjoyed it (played it before Crysis 1 on PS3) wasn't a bigger, better sequel like it should have been. It was more of a step sideways and a small bit backwards.

Crysis 3 seems to be a bit better, visuals are definitely way better and level design remains to be seen. I'm hopefully optimistic about it, but far too much is similar to crysis 2, feels like 2.5 rather than a sequel. Audio design being a big thing for me, all the enemy callouts are the same, gun sounds are the same all that stuff. I kept feeling like I was playing more crysis 2 in the alpha for it.

Oh and PC players have given DICE a lot of guff, because they have no QA it seems and never get in touch with fans.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

I always thought that the whole idea of Crytek 'selling out' is dumb. They wanted to try something different and try to expand their market. They dont owe us PC Gamers anything, just like PC Gamers dont owe Crytek anything. They make games and we can decide to buy them or not. This idea that they somehow have to cater to the individual preferences of a subset of gamers is a little crazy.

So in short, I dont hate or blame Crytek for anything though I'm not sure that Ill be getting Crysis 3 when it comes out. I thought Crysis 1 was cool and pretty unique when it came out; I thought Crysis 2 was rather boring and bland when it came out. I'll wait and see what reviews say of Crysis 3, probably wait until it shows up in aSTEAM sale.