Do you WANT the Playstation Vita and Wii U to die?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#103 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Thi Wii U is already failing. With the unexpected terrible sales, im curious to see what approach Nintendo takes in the future. This may force them to make another console sooner than exepcted. Personally ive lost interested in Nintnedo after the gamecube. Taking the causal route with gimmick controls and underpowered hardware just wasn't for me.  I hosnestly wouldn't be surprised if Nintnedo eventually pulls a Sega and goes 3rd party in the future.

SonySoldier-_-
The 3DS was failing too, look how Nintendo turned that around. The Wii U's got a lot of great games coming out for it in the next two years. Never underestimate Nintendo's ability to turn things around.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
Probably not. Unless there was something in it for me.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#105 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Probably not. Unless there was something in it for me.freedomfreak

like cookies

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Probably not. Unless there was something in it for me.Sweenix

like cookies

Sure.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Probably not. Unless there was something in it for me.freedomfreak

like cookies

Sure.

:P

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#108 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I don't "want" them to fail but as of now I'd love the Wii U to do well in the future and prove it's a system worth owning. The PS Vita on the other hand...it looks like a great system and all but I honestly wouldn't care if it failed. If it does great then good! But if it dies, oh well.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

That would be stupid, I want all systems to be succesful so that gamers benefit from having a bigger choice and larger selection of games !!

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Why would any gamer want any system to fail?

BlaveBrave
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I want vita to fail so that Bayonetta 2 port to playstation
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#112 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I want vita to fail so that Bayonetta 2 port to playstationhippiesanta
What?
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

I don't care about either. The Wii U has failed in my opinion, it is a supbar console with the same old milked franchises. More Donkey Kong, Mario and Mario Kart... HURRAY! As for the Vita, that has also failed. Who wants to play console ports on a portable device? 

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#114 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

the difference between wiiU and vita is that vita has good hardware for a handheld but wiiu has got crappy hardware for a next gen console

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbone will soon join Wiiu in the console graveyard.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#116 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41598 Posts

I don't care about either. The Wii U has failed in my opinion, it is a supbar console with the same old milked franchises. More Donkey Kong, Mario and Mario Kart... HURRAY! As for the Vita, that has also failed. Who wants to play console ports on a portable device? 

Asim90
Hilarious you bring up "milked franchises" when Kojima is SO guilty of doing that to Metal Gear (after stating numerous times that he would stop after certain games), which you have on your avatar and sig. What's wrong with some console to handheld ports? Sure, the Vita has a lot of them and that is a flaw for the system as those stick out most on the system (Rayman Origins and Mortal Kombat 9 for examples), but that doesn't mean those kind of ports suck.
Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

Less gaming systems mean less options for gamers.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The Wii:U has failed on all accounts as a console.

skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

as things are now i want both of them to fail, my reasons :

1.sony and nintendo arrogance about the pricepoint still no official pricedrop for both 

2.releasing hardware without any games and 0 support overall

3 dont want to have to buy either a wii u as a ps4 future owner either a ps vita as a 3ds owner and have the best from 2 sources. dont want sony to focus the major devs on vita and nintendo on wii u, ps4 and 3ds should be fine

while vita is good hardware for portable sony abandoned it ,sony thought vita could florish like the psp with 3rd party devs making the games,but they all went to 3ds,great deals by nintendo on 3ds.

on wii u ,nintendo released a crappy hardware console,with a tacked on bad tablet and wanted to make the ds gaming into home console gaming, it failed miserably,they should had abanded the tablet and focus on wii motes they are better.i wont mind if they so now. also wii u is not focused as primary console by most gamers, and its price for a secondary console is very very high, its the most expensive nintendo console in the history of nintendo ,and its not even half power from what we will get from ps4-xbone, seriusly i dont remember a fail like that since 3do,neogeo and jaguar released...high price ,0games ,0 interest

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

No, I don't want either to die. While I love my 3DS, I still want the Vita to be present too, and bring some experiences with that. Sure both WiiU and Vita are struggling right now, but I hope that will not continue.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

if you look at media creates for japan last week, the vita sold over 30,000. Its far from dead. Don't really know why you are so obsess over the vita.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

if you look at media creates for japan last week, the vita sold over 30,000. Its far from dead. Don't really know why you are so obsess over the vita.

Chris_Williams
I know, I posted a celebratory comment in that thread. I didn't say Vita is dying in this thread. I asked if people want Vita to die. I also asked them if they want Wii U to die. I am equal opportunity towards platforms that underperform :)
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

charizard1605

I know, I posted a celebratory comment in that thread. I didn't say Vita is dying in this thread. I asked if people want Vita to die. I also asked them if they want Wii U to die. I am equal opportunity towards platforms that underperform :)

You may not have said it, but it has still been the general consensus that it is dying. It is a pity it has been selling so little though, same with WiiU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

_Matt_

You may not have said it, but it has still been the general consensus that it is dying. It is a pity it has been selling so little though, same with WiiU.

Ehhh, systems sell poorly when the market does not perceive them to justify their value. This ether happens when they don't have enough games (in general, but especially from a mass market perspective) and/or their price does not justify what they offer. Both the Wii U and the Vita so far have been victims of a combination of these problems; now, as I have mentioned before, Nintendo at least gives me confidence for the Wii U on the games front- Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. are all proven system sellers, in addition to some other, new experiences like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and X. Sony itself does not seem to care two hoots about the Vita beyond making it a glorified PS4 accessory, but it looks like third parties, at least, are picking up the slack there.
Chromium920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Chromium920
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts
Failing systems are bad for the industry, regardless of which company designed the system.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23737 Posts

Indifferent to the Vita.  If I didn't come to SW I would forget it even exists.  Doesn't matter to me either way.

I own a Wii U so of course I don't want it to fail.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

nintendoboy16

Hilarious you bring up "milked franchises" when Kojima is SO guilty of doing that to Metal Gear (after stating numerous times that he would stop after certain games), which you have on your avatar and sig. What's wrong with some console to handheld ports? Sure, the Vita has a lot of them and that is a flaw for the system as those stick out most on the system (Rayman Origins and Mortal Kombat 9 for examples), but that doesn't mean those kind of ports suck.

The difference is that MGS actually evolves with each game, the difference between MGS3 and MGS4 is huge for instance, and MGS5 looks to have some significant improvements also. In regards to ports on the Vita, I guess I was referring to porting all those HD collections and whatnot. I don't think anybody can deny that the Vita library is lacking, and Sony are trying to fill the gaps with boring ports.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

The difference is that MGS actually evolves with each game, the difference between MGS3 and MGS4 is huge for instance, and MGS5 looks to have some significant improvements also. In regards to ports on the Vita, I guess I was referring to porting all those HD collections and whatnot. I don't think anybody can deny that the Vita library is lacking, and Sony are trying to fill the gaps with boring ports.

So are you implying Mario does not evolve? Or that Zelda does not evolve? Or that Kirby does not evolve? Or that Metroid does not evolve? Is that what you are trying to imply? You have a case with Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart (and even with Mario Kart, the new one is severely mixing things up). That's it. When you remember that Donkey Kong has had five games since 1994 in the Donkey Kong Country series, or that Mario Kart has had seven games period since 1992 when it first debuted, it doesn't seem half as bad as four Metal Gear Solid games between 1998-2008, all of which kept the same basic style of gameplay as any series is reasonably expected to do if it is to retain its identity. But of course, when Metal Gear does it, it's fine. When Nintendo does it, it's OMG REHASH. Give me a f*cking break.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

Ok, that excuse needs to be put down. If it didn't work for the sheep who used it on examples like Super Metroid to Metroid Prime to Other M, or Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy to SM3DL/W, it doesn't work for Metal Gear, considering one major thing that overpowers any point, it's the fact that it's still part of the SAME FRANCHISE. No amount of evolutions can save that excuse (as Nintendo has proven and Kojima gets no free pass here either).

I'm not saying rehashing franchises is a bad thing as long as the games are still good, just noting that no matter what, your rehashing comments, coming from someone with a Metal Gear theme, notes quite a bit of irony in these sort of posts.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Hilarious you bring up "milked franchises" when Kojima is SO guilty of doing that to Metal Gear (after stating numerous times that he would stop after certain games), which you have on your avatar and sig. What's wrong with some console to handheld ports? Sure, the Vita has a lot of them and that is a flaw for the system as those stick out most on the system (Rayman Origins and Mortal Kombat 9 for examples), but that doesn't mean those kind of ports suck.charizard1605

So are you implying Mario does not evolve? Or that Zelda does not evolve? Or that Kirby does not evolve? Or that Metroid does not evolve? Is that what you are trying to imply? You have a case with Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart (and even with Mario Kart, the new one is severely mixing things up). That's it. When you remember that Donkey Kong has had five games since 1994 in the Donkey Kong Country series, or that Mario Kart has had seven games period since 1992 when it first debuted, it doesn't seem half as bad as four Metal Gear Solid games between 1998-2008, all of which kept the same basic style of gameplay as any series is reasonably expected to do if it is to retain its identity. But of course, when Metal Gear does it, it's fine. When Nintendo does it, it's OMG REHASH. Give me a f*cking break.

I do not think that Mario Bros evolves, I bought both on the Wii and aside from the odd new mushroom powerup I saw nothing new. The same with Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong. Mario Galaxy on the otherhand was great, but that was the only one I can think of.

If you disagree with MGS then that's fine, but I do think it improves significantly with each iteration and the concensus reflects that. That is just one game though, Sony has a tonne of other NEW IP's that it pumps out each generation.

This gen we got inFamous, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Beyond etc. In addition there were improved additions to existing franchises like Killzone and God of War etc. Don't get me wrong I have a Wii and am a long time Nintendo fan, but I feel let down by them. You don't see NEW IP's from Nintendo enough, they don't seem to try as hard as Sony do.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

charizard1605

just seems to me that since nintendo is having a bad time with the Wii-U you seem to be butthurt and always bring up the vita sales. You do this in alot of threads. This whole passive aggressive act you put on is very lame also.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 khoofia_pika

just seems to me that since nintendo is having a bad time with the Wii-U you seem to be butthurt and always bring up the vita sales. You do this in alot of threads. This whole passive aggressive act you put on is very lame also. Chris_Williams

Maybe you're just insecure about the Vita's crappy sales and feel that everytime someone brings them up, they're trying to diss the system. And trust me, there's a lot more things we can say to diss the system.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]just seems to me that since nintendo is having a bad time with the Wii-U you seem to be butthurt and always bring up the vita sales. You do this in alot of threads. This whole passive aggressive act you put on is very lame also. khoofia_pika

Maybe you're just insecure about the Vita's crappy sales and feel that everytime someone brings them up, they're trying to diss the system. And trust me, there's a lot more things we can say to diss the system.

yeah i'm sooo insecure about it, thats why i make countless upon countless threads about it just like charizard does. I lose alot of sleep too. lol, diss it all you want my man i'm just stating the obvious. 

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#134 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
No, and anyone who wants either to fail is an idiot.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I don't think anybody can deny that the Vita library is lacking, and Sony are trying to fill the gaps with boring ports.Asim90
There are plenty of games for me so its not lacking for everyone but sales do indicate something is wrong.. I actually have more games than I did with psp for the timeframe Ports have been on portables since the beginning of them so that is nothing new. Which I don't mind when I want to play my fav home console series on portable. Though I like to play new entries into those series also like uncharted golden abyss or assassins creed liberation.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I have a feeling new leadership is in order at Nintendo if wiiu sales don't start picking up, with a new console in 2-3 years(or after Zelda) time. Also, I'm buying a ps4 and that may sway me to pick up a vita, especially if the price is dropped or if its remodeled to be more consumer friendly.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nintendoboy16

I have a feeling new leadership is in order at Nintendo if wiiu sales don't start picking up, with a new console in 2-3 years(or after Zelda) time. Also, I'm buying a ps4 and that may sway me to pick up a vita, especially if the price is dropped or if its remodeled to be more consumer friendly.Heirren
Releasing a new console that early is suicide. SEGA CD/32X level of failure.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I want them both to succed. I want the Wii U to be successful but not because of mario or zelda games.. but because it's a gaming console proving it can provide games in general with variety and a general taste not just depending on mario and zelda. 

And I want the Vita to just keep producing games that are fun.

Avatar image for PresidentRickor
PresidentRickor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PresidentRickor
Member since 2013 • 51 Posts
They both refuse to accept support from our grand country. So i limited how much they can send here, limiting their sales.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I would like the WiiU to get interesting games, because I prefer consoles to handhelds. And when Nintendo has their shit together their console games are dramatically superior games to what they do on handhelds. The Vita? don't really care for it, but if it becomes successful good for it and the people who enjoy that thing.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]just seems to me that since nintendo is having a bad time with the Wii-U you seem to be butthurt and always bring up the vita sales. You do this in alot of threads. This whole passive aggressive act you put on is very lame also. khoofia_pika

Maybe the PSVita have low sales but it sell better than the WiiU.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]just seems to me that since nintendo is having a bad time with the Wii-U you seem to be butthurt and always bring up the vita sales. You do this in alot of threads. This whole passive aggressive act you put on is very lame also. AtariKidX

No it hasn't, and that's despite the fact that the Vita has been on the market a lot longer than the Wii U.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#143 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I still want to buy a wii u, so i'd rather have it healthy and living. As for the vita, that's something you should ask sony. They seem more hell bent on killing the vita than any system warrior.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AtariKidX
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

khoofia_pika

No it hasn't, and that's despite the fact that the Vita has been on the market a lot longer than the Wii U.

Yes......it has.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"] Maybe the PSVita have low sales but it sell better than the WiiU.

Yes......it has.

No. It hasn't.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AtariKidX
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] No it hasn't, and that's despite the fact that the Vita has been on the market a lot longer than the Wii U.

Yes......it has.

No. It hasn't.

Oooo yes...........it has.PSVita sell a lot better in japan and Global than WiiU.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#147 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"] Yes......it has.

No. It hasn't.

Oooo yes...........it has.PSVita sell a lot better in japan and Global than WiiU.

Saying it a bunch of times won't suddenly make it true, you know...
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="AtariKidX"] Yes......it has.

No. It hasn't.

It's like I'm talking to a wall.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#149 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Gamers aren't gamers anymore. They're vindictive, whiny, spoiled, hateful little children. So it's a no brainer that most people here feel this way. And it's why the spirit of gaming has been slowly dying over the last few years.

Disgraceful.

SuperNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SuperNecro
Member since 2005 • 1423 Posts
I want the Wii U to fail so that Nintendo can drop out of the console business and focus solely on their super awesome handheld business.