Digital Foundry vs Ryse- Looks worse than Assassins Creed!

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Its not too often you see a TC get owned after just the first post. This can be avioded if you pre'read your posts before posting it. That being said:

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest." - DF

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

You guys are arguing like children. The game looks great, let it go!

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Visually, Killzone looks better. I don't need websites telling me which looks better. At the end of the day, it's subjective.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@sailor232 said:

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest"

I guess you didn't read the article or are just trolling.

LOL TC got owned,talk about getting owned and thread backfire with the first comment.

murray69murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By murray69murray
Member since 2013 • 127 Posts

It's not worse than AC4, that's bull. But, yes, it doesn't outshine KZSF either.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@murray69murray said:

It's not worse than AC4, that's bull. But, yes, it doesn't outshine KZSF either.

This is all opinion cause my opinion is that it does outshine Killzone, and obviously the website in question on this topic thinks so too.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@murray69murray said:

I agree with this. it looks better than AC but KZSF looks a lot better and also runs smoother.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

super600:

"That neogaf user did not write that article. He is employed at DF anyway"

Lol is it possible for a thread to DOUBLE-BACKFIRE?! This is historic. TCHBO royally.

Notice how TC is nowhere to be found and abandoned ship. LMAO.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

holy shit, i've never seen a thread backfire so hard. i feel embarrassed for the TC now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I didn't play it, but I thought AC4 looked great on PS4. Now it looks bad?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@XVision84 said:

It's a gorgeous game. No quite Ryse or Killzone level, but it's definitely a looker.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

LOL, this post went completely wrong for you cause you clearly didn't read the whole article. You come in to troll and say an exclusive title for the XBO was horrible cause clearly you're a Sony fanboy but you fail to realize,

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest"

Next time why don't you do research before you decide to troll. You based your bias propaganda on a website to start now all of a sudden the website is wrong, priceless!!!

Thats called throwing its users a bone.

Nobody can seriously think this looks the best.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Who is talking about Uncharted's cut scenes? Someone brought up MGS4 and thus my response. I know, you like to move the goal post in almost every single argument. What ever floats your boat kid

Justify however you like kid, Uncharted is one of the most linear games ever made. BTW have you played Ryse?Oh, you haven't. STFU then cause unless you've played the game you couldn't possibly judge a game. I can however, since I've played Uncharted and found it to be linear as hell. No exploration what so ever which is sad for a game trying to copy Tomb Raider.

Are you dense or just stupid? Who said anything about Uncharted being a bad game? It's linear period....MGS4 has 9 hours of cut scenes 9 FREAKING HOURS Ryse doesn't have 9 hours of cut scenes. Not sure why you keep bringing Uncharted into the conversation..oh wait I know. It's because you have to move the goal post and change the topic to suite your needs...in other words DAMAGE CONTROL.

Hey loser, cry more please. I'm being serious

Because the same was say about Uncharted,or you forgot the arguments about how uncharted was a movie.?

Enough with the goal post silly troll,it is lemming who want to move it all the time,so paying for online is great until sony charge for it,games with cut scenes are bad until MS has them,dedicated servers suck until MS had them.

Ryse not only is full of cut scenes in fact most of what had been shown since E3 was that screen of great looking cut scenes,since the gameplay look nothing like it,it sucks very bad to,so unlike MGS4 and Uncharted Ryse truly sucks.

So you never played Uncharted apparently,Uncharted has treasures hidden all over the place and you have to find them,the fact that you can miss a ton of them just by not exploring kill your crappy damn argument,on Ryse you do nothing but hack and slash,hell even GOW which is another hack and slash has exploration.

You are a sad crybaby MGS4 has a damn 10 here,a damn 10 there is not a single damn 360 exclusive with a 10 from this site,it can have 15 hours of cut scenes,the gameplay was great so was the story,unlike Ryse which sucks gameplay wise,story wise,basically in fall fronts.

So once again RYSE SUCK move one..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 tormentos

@Tessellation said:

@sailor232 said:

LOL TC got owned,talk about getting owned and thread backfire with the first comment.

The article maker claimed Killzone SF looks better on neogaf..hahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

LOL, this post went completely wrong for you cause you clearly didn't read the whole article. You come in to troll and say an exclusive title for the XBO was horrible cause clearly you're a Sony fanboy but you fail to realize,

Next time why don't you do research before you decide to troll. You based your bias propaganda on a website to start now all of a sudden the website is wrong, priceless!!!

Thats called throwing its users a bone.

Nobody can seriously think this looks the best.

You say they're throwing there users a bone but you went out of your way to make a topid quoting them when you half assed read there article about Killzone vs Ryse. You thought they was saying Killzone looks better than Ryse but when you read the whole article what does it say, "

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the res".

You look like a damn fool right now and clearly this thread to feed into your fanboy buddies clearly has went array and now your in damage control. Do yourself a favor and find a way to delete this whole thread. Killzone looks good and I have Killzone but Ryse is a better looking game and I have Ryse also, deal with it.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 killzowned24

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You say they're throwing there users a bone but you went out of your way to make a topid quoting them when you half assed read there article about Killzone vs Ryse. You thought they was saying Killzone looks better than Ryse but when you read the whole article what does it say, "

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the res".

You look like a damn fool right now and clearly this thread to feed into your fanboy buddies clearly has went array and now your in damage control. Do yourself a favor and find a way to delete this whole thread. Killzone looks good and I have Killzone but Ryse is a better looking game and I have Ryse also, deal with it.

Killzone looks so much better I didn't even bother to use it. I compared it to AC4 on PS4 and posted clear proof to anyone with decent eyesight that ryse is so blurry that any advantage it might have is blurred away to end up worse.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/1/0/7/XB1_008.bmp.jpg

VS

http://abload.de/img/amarectv2013-11-1919-t0d51.png

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@XVision84 said:

It's a gorgeous game. No quite Ryse or Killzone level, but it's definitely a looker.

Ok thanks, just making sure

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts

Just finished ryse last night. Starting ac4 today. Have to say ryse ruins ac4 with zero competition. In fact I think ryse looks way more impressive than pc versions of stuff like crysis 3. Way better atmosphere and settings. And ive played the pc stuff on max (have a 670). Gameplay drags in some spots but the game is astonishingly good looking.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#169 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

@sailor232 said:

Ridiculous !! Just looks at the screenshots to see that is clearly BS.

http://cfa.gamer-network.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/5/0/7/4/1080p_008_copy.bmp.jpg/EG11/quality/80/format/jpg

ha~ you try use Df is back your argument, but turn around and call them b.s

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@tormentos said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

How is developer incompetence the Xbone's fault ? The unoptimization of this game even brings some high end GPUs on PC to its knees and its not like the PS4 version blew anyone away. I think IW probably has 2 coders.

What so now the excuse for low resolution is developers incompetence.?

Did you even read my comment ? Ghosts runs bad on every next gen system. Where did I say ANYTHING about resolutions ?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Who is talking about Uncharted's cut scenes? Someone brought up MGS4 and thus my response. I know, you like to move the goal post in almost every single argument. What ever floats your boat kid

Justify however you like kid, Uncharted is one of the most linear games ever made. BTW have you played Ryse?Oh, you haven't. STFU then cause unless you've played the game you couldn't possibly judge a game. I can however, since I've played Uncharted and found it to be linear as hell. No exploration what so ever which is sad for a game trying to copy Tomb Raider.

Are you dense or just stupid? Who said anything about Uncharted being a bad game? It's linear period....MGS4 has 9 hours of cut scenes 9 FREAKING HOURS Ryse doesn't have 9 hours of cut scenes. Not sure why you keep bringing Uncharted into the conversation..oh wait I know. It's because you have to move the goal post and change the topic to suite your needs...in other words DAMAGE CONTROL.

Hey loser, cry more please. I'm being serious

Because the same was say about Uncharted,or you forgot the arguments about how uncharted was a movie.?

Enough with the goal post silly troll,it is lemming who want to move it all the time,so paying for online is great until sony charge for it,games with cut scenes are bad until MS has them,dedicated servers suck until MS had them.

Ryse not only is full of cut scenes in fact most of what had been shown since E3 was that screen of great looking cut scenes,since the gameplay look nothing like it,it sucks very bad to,so unlike MGS4 and Uncharted Ryse truly sucks.

So you never played Uncharted apparently,Uncharted has treasures hiddenall over the place and you have to find them,the fact that you can miss a ton of them just by not exploring kill your crappy damn argument,on Ryse you do nothing but hack and slash,hell evenGOW which is another hack and slash has exploration.

You are a sad crybaby MGS4 has a damn 10 here,a damn 10 there is not a single damn 360 exclusive with a 10 from this site,it can have 15 hours of cut scenes,the gameplay was great so was the story,unlike Ryse which sucks gameplay wise,story wise,basically in fall fronts.

So once again RYSE SUCK move one..

The arguments about Uncharted were that it was an uninspired Tomb Raider clone and extremely linear. Stop trying to use Uncharted in the argument dumbass. MGS4 has 9 hours of cut scenes, how many does Ryse have? Move those goal post kid.

Wait what? Cows have been saying paying for online is horrible despicable practices and that MS is teh evil for it. Then all of a sudden Sony starts charging and dumbass cows, like yourself, are saying how great it is. You've got your wires crossed kid. I know you like to move goal post to suite you needs kid but Sony fans are the hypocrites here. "Lems are stupid for paying to play online, Sony would never do that" ring any bells? Heard that ALL gen long. Try again kid.

Hidden treasures does not make it a sandbox game or make it less linear idiot. Uncharted is linear period and unlike you, I play all games. Try again loser

Have you played Ryse? Didn't think so. Just another stupid cow talking about something they've never done. Might as well talk about girls and sex kid, we all know that hasn't happened yet.

So MGS4 getting a 10 here somehow takes those 9 hours of cut scenes away? Did I say MGS4 was a bad game? No idiot I didn't. The argument is someone made the ridiculous statement that if MGS4 4 is a movie then so is Ryse. Well, as far as I know Ryse doesn't have 9 hours of cut scenes and it's not even close. I could watch the entire trilogy of Lord of the Rings and still have more cut scenes to watch in MGS4 before the movies are over. Move those goal post kid, move em

It may very well suck but who was arguing it is a good game? I wasn't but of course you'd triedto move those goal post again to make yourself feel better. Better luck next time loser

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

holy shit, i've never seen a thread backfire so hard. i feel embarrassed for the TC now.

It backfired more then once actually.I owned the TC earlier in this thread, but he has not admitted this yet.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By super600  Moderator

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

@sailor232 said:

That user works at DF, but he did not write that article.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 killzowned24

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

@sailor232 said:

You think by now users would know I don't bring up false things. Dark10x is the author.

Gets mentioned here many times and by mods. http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=706159

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kingtito

@killzowned24 said:

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

@sailor232 said:

You think by now users would know I don't bring up false things. Dark10x is the author.

Gets mentioned here many times and by mods. http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=706159

Face facts loser, your thread backfired and on more than 1 occasion. You don't tell truths, you talk out of your ass, in other words cow mooing

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 killzowned24

@kingtito said:

Face facts loser, your thread backfired and on more than 1 occasion. You don't tell truths, you talk out of your ass, in other words cow mooing

Proved wrong and you call me a loser... lol

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#178 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

There is tons of praise for the visuals in this article. Did you read it?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 kingtito

@killzowned24 said:

@kingtito said:

Proved wrong and you call me a loser... lol

Don't have to prove you wrong, your linked article did it for me.

Yes, you're a loser

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

The arguments about Uncharted were that it was an uninspired Tomb Raider clone and extremely linear. Stop trying to use Uncharted in the argument dumbass. MGS4 has 9 hours of cut scenes, how many does Ryse have? Move those goal post kid.

Wait what? Cows have been saying paying for online is horrible despicable practices and that MS is teh evil for it. Then all of a sudden Sony starts charging and dumbass cows, like yourself, are saying how great it is. You've got your wires crossed kid. I know you like to move goal post to suite you needs kid but Sony fans are the hypocrites here. "Lems are stupid for paying to play online, Sony would never do that" ring any bells? Heard that ALL gen long. Try again kid.

Hidden treasures does not make it a sandbox game or make it less linear idiot. Uncharted is linear period and unlike you, I play all games. Try again loser

Have you played Ryse? Didn't think so. Just another stupid cow talking about something they've never done. Might as well talk about girls and sex kid, we all know that hasn't happened yet.

So MGS4 getting a 10 here somehow takes those 9 hours of cut scenes away? Did I say MGS4 was a bad game? No idiot I didn't. The argument is someone made the ridiculous statement that if MGS4 4 is a movie then so is Ryse. Well, as far as I know Ryse doesn't have 9 hours of cut scenes and it's not even close. I could watch the entire trilogy of Lord of the Rings and still have more cut scenes to watch in MGS4 before the movies are over. Move those goal post kid, move em

It may very well suck but who was arguing it is a good game? I wasn't but of course you'd triedto move those goal post again to make yourself feel better. Better luck next time loser

No many claim it was a movie period go pretend elsewhere it did not happen.

Quote me saying paying for on line is great i dare you,you will not find one,paying for online play is a rip off no matter who does it,i have been very straight forward with this,so go ahead and find my post saying how great paying for online is now that sony does it.

Wait should you people be saying how great PSN will be now like you people did with xbox live.? If sony charge for online play is because set a precedent,just like they are doing since last gen with apps like netflix,HBO Go and other that are hidden under a pay wall,don't be surprise if other companies start to do that sh** to.

I never say it was a sandbox game,but compare to Ryse it does look like it,even more online Uncharted 3 allow you even slide down cables while shooting,jump from roof tops enter buildings,can you do that on Ryse.?

The problem is that MGS4 having 10 hours of cut scenes apparently didn't hurt the game,yet Ryse cut scenes did the story sucks ass.

The game sucks and is one of the most linear (like you call it) games ever made.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By super600  Moderator

@killzowned24 said:

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@Tessellation said:

@sailor232 said:

I noticed tha. Your thread still backfired anywAY.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 killzowned24

@super600 said:

I noticed tha. Your thread still backfired anywAY.

Not at all. Not one lem has defended that it looks better than AC4 because they can't, ryse is a blur fest in comparison and I proved it.

You guys must not be looking at these in full screen :P

http://abload.de/img/amarectv2013-11-1919-t0d51.png

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

No many claim it was a movie period go pretend elsewhere it did not happen.

Quote me saying paying for on line is great i dare you,you will not find one,paying for online play is a rip off no matter who does it,i have been very straight forward with this,so go ahead and find my post saying how great paying for online is now that sony does it.

Wait should you people be saying how great PSN will be now like you people did with xbox live.? If sony charge for online play is because set a precedent,just like they are doing since last gen with apps like netflix,HBO Go and other that are hidden under a pay wall,don't be surprise if other companies start to do that sh** to.

I never say it was a sandbox game,but compare to Ryse it does look like it,even more online Uncharted 3 allow you even slide down cables while shooting,jump from roof tops enter buildings,can you do that on Ryse.?

The problem is that MGS4 having 10 hours of cut scenes apparently didn't hurt the game,yet Ryse cut scenes did the story sucks ass.

The game sucks and is one of the most linear (like you call it) games ever made.

Prove people called it a movie? Anyway still trying to move those goal post huh? This conversation is about the 9 hours of cut scenes in MGS4. I know you can't really argue that point so you're just trying to move those things around as you always do. Sad pathetic cow

So, you're saying Sony charging for online is a rip off?

People said Live was better than PSN and it was. They justified paying because of everything Live did and how integrated the service was compared to PSN. Nobody is going to call PSN great just because Sony is charging for it. If PSN improved AND is as integrated and seamless a Live will anyone start calling it good or great even. Those are BIG ifs though. BTW I didn't pay for Live

Again have you played Ryse? How can you sit and talk about a game when you've never played it? I can talk about Uncharted because I have and it IS one of the most linear games I've ever played. Why would you compare Uncharted 3 to Ryse when they're completely different games?You don't run and gun in Ryse so your point is moot. BTW MGS4 9 hours of cut scenes so you can stop comparing Uncharted to Ryse, unless you want to talk about how linear Uncharted is.

Those 9 hours of cut scenes hurt the game for me. I didn't like watching the equivalent of 3 3 hour movies. It didn't get a 10 in my book and since my opinion matters to me more than GS reviews do, that's all that matters.

What's the matter? You can't answer the question? Did you play Ryse? How would you know the story sucks? How would you know the cut scenes hurt the game? From what I've read and heard it's the repetitive game play and QTE aspects that hurt it. Didn't once hear that it was the cut scenes that made the game suck. Answer the question El Tormented, HAVE YOU PLAYED RYSE? If the answer is no (and we all know it is) then you have no business making asinine statements about it's game play or cut scenes. Go play it 1st before giving your uneducated bias opinion