did you guys notice something ironic about those who label nintendo as kiddy...

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
well video games never really went mainstream until the N64/PSX era...thats when they took off...so they made a lot of kiddy games to apeal to a large audience
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.
justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 justdog11
Member since 2004 • 3524 Posts
Video games in general are still considered kiddy by much of the population.  Wii is the only console even trying to tempt the non-gamers into converting.  It is on a mission.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#5 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.snakeofsolid

that's true, people who buy games like mario for example, are mostly all in their 20's-30's.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

[QUOTE="snakeofsolid"]theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.cobrax80

that's true, people who buy games like mario for example, are mostly all in their 20's-30's.

i buy mario games, and im not 20-30
Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.Big_player
Qouted for truth.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax80
[QUOTE="cobrax80"]

[QUOTE="snakeofsolid"]theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.hockeyruler12

i buy mario games, and im not 20-30

i said mostly

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cobrax80
[QUOTE="Big_player"]does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.Thul
Qouted for truth.

i agree 100%
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
I think it's because back in the NES and SNES days, most games were kiddy to some degree.
We just grew up playing Mario and Sonic and the like while they have grown up playing GTA.

It's just a sign of the times. I remember Mortal Kombat being the devil and that I'd never seen blood like that before in a videogame. Nowadays, it's a common thing.

But I also think that people who defend the kiddy thing ususally make a bigger deal out of it than the people who say it's kiddy.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

i think people who label nintendo as kiddy are justifying their tastes.  they're never going to buy a nintendo console because they only want to deal with one console for cost or just simplicity.  People who own all consoles tend to like them all, in general anyway.

Plus, a lot of nintendo games are kind of kiddy.  what about super mario sunshine?  anything to do with plot in that game was an insult to anyway over the age of 10.  A few mature titles doesn't dismiss that trend.  Then again, people who don't like anything "kiddy" would miss out on some great games like wind waker.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.snakeofsolid

I owned Nes/Snes and liked them, for me Nintendo are kiddy.

does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.Big_player

I call Nintendo kiddy and that have never stopped me from buy/play Mario/Zelda/Metroid.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
Nintendo games are kiddy face it.  Does that mean they cant be fun?
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
for some reason i never liked nintendo since the N64 era, idk why, i guess their games didnt appeal to me although i was in their "target audience"
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Nintendo games are kiddy face it.  Does that mean they cant be fun?htekemerald

Yeah that is what i mean, Nindendo are kiddy and have fun simple games nothing wrong with that.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
LOL. i played a ton of kiddy games on the NES and SNES; and still do, i dont care if a game is kiddy or not, if i like it i play it anyway (but i prefer mature themed ones) but what i cant believe is sheep trying to DENY that nintendo is kiddy, thats like trying to cover the sun with a finger
renagadez187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 renagadez187
Member since 2005 • 2088 Posts
Go Nintendo! YAAAAAAAY!
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

You notice something ironic about Nintendo systems?  Every single time I'm at a Gamestop or Best Buy that has a PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii set up, I only ever see little kids playing Wii.  I see grown people playing the 360 and PS3.  I'm not bashing the Wii...I own one.  But this has been the case where I live since the N64 era...

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Well I disagree... I had a SNES, and Nintendo IS kiddy. I know their whole fun games for all ages thing is working well for them, and I have a DS, but the Wii isn't looking so hot. If they actually cared about the adult market they would make some first party mature franchises. Atleast ONE, anyway.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
So true, so true. Oh well, their fault for never playing any of the great Nintendo games becuase they're too afraid to not look 'mature'. I guess I'm one of the only teens whose not insecure and plays games for their fun-value instead of their violence value.
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
i started young with the atari then i moved to sega megadrive
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
no i played during the SNES when they were still respectable, but i still call them childish. Using the word "kiddy" is just as childish
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
[QUOTE="Thul"][QUOTE="Big_player"]does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.cobrax80
Qouted for truth.

i agree 100%

yup.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
I started playing during the NES days and I think Nintendo has gotten a lot kiddier since then. It pretty much happened after their 3rd party devs left to develop for Sony. They really screwed things up w/the N64.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Picture speaks for itself

snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
well maybe i should reword my statement, why do people CARE if nintendo is kiddy? if its more fun than a brutal smash em up for older people, whats wrong with it...whats with all the insecurity.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
I dont no why ppl judge a game on its status, whether it be kiddy or not, dont people play games for fun anymore?
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
They are usually teenagers too.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
Um I view nintendo as kiddy and I started gaming with Genesis and SNES.... /thread
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Sir-Poof-

wavebrid

does every sheep have this saved on their PC?

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

The absolutely hilarious thing about people who call Nintendo kiddy is this:

Cows seem to ignore the fact they had a game about a raccoon who stole stuff.

Lemmings have a videogame about raising pinatas.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sir-Poof-

Ptolemaueus

How does one or two games make a brand look kiddy?

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
I've owned and currently own NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, and GBA..and I still believe the "kiddy" label is pretty representative on Nintendo's type of games and the 3rd party titles you will typically find on their systems. This is of course relative to other systems on the market.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Not really, seeing as how I call Nintendo kiddie and I started on the Atari 2600. Now, this isn't a bad thing in my eyes. I don't always need killing or blood in my games, it's nice to enjoy a game for kids every once in a while.
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ptolemaueus
[QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]

-Sir-Poof-

I'm pointing out that Nintendo isn't the only company who makes "kiddy" games.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ptolemaueus

I've owned and currently own NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, and GBA..and I still believe the "kiddy" label is pretty representative on Nintendo's type of games and the 3rd party titles you will typically find on their systems. This is of course relative to other systems on the market.Runningflame570

Your sig is awesome.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i have owned the nes and the snes and the n64 and the gamecube. I loved nintendo then. They were not kiddy. Now, the arent just kiddy, they are family, and family does not = immersive gaming
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Sir-Poof-
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]

Ptolemaueus

I'm pointing out that Nintendo isn't the only company who makes "kiddy" games.

No one says that, everyone says Nintendos libary is mainly kiddy.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Runningflame570
[QUOTE="Gears360"]LOL. i played a ton of kiddy games on the NES and SNES; and still do, i dont care if a game is kiddy or not, if i like it i play it anyway (but i prefer mature themed ones) but what i cant believe is sheep trying to DENY that nintendo is kiddy, thats like trying to cover the sun with a finger

This is the kind of thing we need more of, sheep need to quit denying Nintendo is "kiddy" and instead make the very valid argument that it doesn't necessarily mean the games are bad.
no i played during the SNES when they were still respectable, but i still call them childish. Using the word "kiddy" is just as childishdownPlayDemon
Unfortunately thats become the norm around here, so while I don't particularly like it (though I don't actually dislike it) I still use it.

wavebrid

Yes, the kid is trying to get Dad to go somewhere with her and hes ignoring her. Kids will touch anything they get infront of them, especially if they are bored. Will say this for the picture though, it disproves the whole "only kids play Wii" which I already knew was untrue in any case.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.
marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 marvelfan
Member since 2003 • 1365 Posts

It has nothing to do with wanting to look mature, im 28 years old and have injoyed Mario and Zelda when I was young, but the games that come out today are not like mario, there like the Teletubies, super bright colors and super high kiddy voices, It just get's to me in a way I don't like.

It'a all about taste.
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Runningflame570
well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.Shinobishyguy
Nope, thats one multiplat sequel to a title that also happens to be multiplat and it will most likely be a crappier version as well.
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

I own a NES/SNES and i think nintendo is kiddy. So yeah.

The N64 slowly began the kiddyness, then the cube blew it wide open. Now, nintendo is kiddy with the wii and ds.

Dosent matter, everyone will stop talking about nintendos kiddy problem in a couple years when the wii flops.

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
I do love when sheep use the well people in their 20-30s play Marios. Ask them when was the 1st time they played Mario. Most of the time it will be when they were a kid. Just because that same kid plays a Mario game when he is now 30+ doesnt stop the game from being kiddy. BTW I was playing back in the ole days. I will call NIntendo kiddy to the cows come home. In the Uk Sonic beat Mario, this was due to Sonic appealing more to teenagers and older people. Mario just had a far more kiddy appeal. You want a example of how Kiddy NIntendo has been seen compared to PS2 and Xbox. Look at The SC2 game. NIntendo gets Link, Xbox got Spawn. If that doesnt asnwer your question I dont know what will. Xbox could have had a 1000 Barbies horse adventures, bottom line when it came to image Xbox had a more mature one. Just ask Spawn
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_player"]does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.marvelfan

It has nothing to do with wanting to look mature, im 28 years old and have injoyed Mario and Zelda when I was young, but the games that come out today are not like mario, there like the Teletubies, super bright colors and super high kiddy voices, It just get's to me in a way I don't like.

It's all about taste.

Exactly. Id rather taste solid snak......wait....erm....that didnt come out right....

I prefer Sonys and microsofts mature/realistic/super graphic games>>>>>>>>nintendos kiddy colorful minigames.

Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

I agreed.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

-Sir-Poof-

im a sheep :?

..... sorry im a gamer

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.Shinobishyguy
I never knew one game could change everything....And ive never heard the original get talked about before...and Sheep are praising it now
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
well video games never really went mainstream until the N64/PSX era...thats when they took off...so they made a lot of kiddy games to apeal to a large audiencehockeyruler12
How many millions of copies did Mario Bros. 3 sell again?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

wavebrid

im a sheep :?

..... sorry im a gamer

Then why do you get pissed once I say something about the Wii?