did you guys notice something ironic about those who label nintendo as kiddy...

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts

[QUOTE="snakeofsolid"]theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.Kev_Unreal

I agreed.

Actually is just an example of sheep gaming snobbery. Well you see these so -called gamers arent really real gamers, they have no real gaming pedgree.They joined gaming in the casual era, unlike us we were gaming, when real gamers were gaming. Bottom line what do they really know about gaming. What do they even know what Nintendo has done for gaming. *sniff sniff*
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.poopinloop32
I never knew one game could change everything....And ive never heard the original get talked about before...and Sheep are praising it now

Manhunt 2, god father , scareface plus plenty more

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Picture speaks for itself

poopinloop32

does every sheep have this saved on their PC?

im a sheep :?

..... sorry im a gamer

Then why do you get pissed once I say something about the Wii?

why you only bash the wii all the time? :roll:

i am a gamer i dont have alot of money

i have never bash sony, ms or nintendo

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.wavebrid

I never knew one game could change everything....And ive never heard the original get talked about before...and Sheep are praising it now

agian Ive never heard about these games sicne Sheep used them to counter the kitty argument

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts
I started back in the SNES/Genesis generation, and that is when I started thinking Nintendo was kiddy. I was 4 at the time and I was still pissed that nintendo edited Mortal Kombat(my favorite game for it). I still think people are just plain stupid when the say games like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Super Smash Bros. are kiddy.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

Picture speaks for itself

wavebrid

does every sheep have this saved on their PC?

im a sheep :?

..... sorry im a gamer

Then why do you get pissed once I say something about the Wii?

why you only bash the wii all the time? :roll:

i am a gamer i dont have alot of money

i have never bash sony, ms or nintendo

Show me a post that ive made about Nintendo that is false...

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ps3-nikita

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.wavebrid

Funny how the games sheep frowned upon, are now ok to use as agood thing. Madden anyone.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Yes, i agree with the topic title. But while many older gamers from that generation still play Nintendo games, most likely they will have at least 2 consoles (everyone i know including myself this is true). Also, there are still quite a lot of young Nintendo players. Since the NDS, Nintendo have been drawing in more young players (trend i've been seeing as of late). Perfectly healthy for the gaming industry. And yes, it's usually the people in between who argue with 'teh kiddy'.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 poopinloop32
wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32
Then you're a young buck. I've been playing video games since '88, and I know that the colour palette of a game, and presence of flowers does not render a game unplayable.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32

so you started PC gaming?

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1ZebethOrZebes
Then you're a young buck. I've been playing video games since '88, and I know that the colour palette of a game, and presence of flowers does not render a game unplayable.

If i cared about graphics that much why would RTS be my favirote genre:?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 poopinloop32

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1Kev_Unreal

yes...anything wrong with that....but I did also have a SNES and played SMW
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ZebethOrZebes
[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32

What is it about "kiddiness" makes a game bad, though? That was the question I was trying to ask. Yoshi's Island is the kind of game a toddler would like to look at, but only veteran platformer gamers would be able to beat it 100%.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32

yes...anything wrong with that....but I did also have a SNES and played SMW

noting at all, I like AOE 1.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts
[QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"][QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]

The absolutely hilarious thing about people who call Nintendo kiddy is this:

Cows seem to ignore the fact they had a game about a raccoon who stole stuff.

Lemmings have a videogame about raising pinatas.

-Sir-Poof-

How does one or two games make a brand look kiddy?

I'm pointing out that Nintendo isn't the only company who makes "kiddy" games.

No one says that, everyone says Nintendos libary is mainly kiddy.

Which it isn't.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1ZebethOrZebes

What is it about "kiddiness" makes a game bad, though? That was the question I was trying to ask. Yoshi's Island is the kind of game a toddler would like to look at, but only veteran platformer gamers would be able to beat it 100%.

I never said kiddy games were bad...just saying that Nintendo aims at a lower audiance than others
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ps3-nikita
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1ZebethOrZebes

Nothing, so sheep shouldnt be afraid to embrace it or try and pull the maturity card.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ZebethOrZebes
[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32

I never said kiddy games were bad...just saying that Nintendo aims at a lower audiance than others

No, they aim for a broader audience than others. It's an important distinction.
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ptolemaueus

Same thing with a game like Super Monkey Ball.  It's about monkeys inside balls trying to collect bananas, but that game's pretty hard.

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ZebethOrZebes
[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1ps3-nikita

Nothing, so sheep shouldnt be afraid to embrace it or try and pull the maturity card.

I'm well aware of that. However, I understand where sheep are coming from when their consoles of choice get characterized a certain way. The plain fact of the matter is, Nintendo's consoles and games have a very broad variety of styles and motifs. They use the blood-gore-death motif less than MS and Sony, but that doesn't mean that motif is absent.
Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ptolemaueus

[QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="ZebethOrZebes"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]wait...what if I label Ninteno as kiddy but I first started playing game like WC2 and AOE 1poopinloop32

They aim at a broader audience, actually.  Their games aren't just intended for small children.  They're intended for everyone to play.  Nowhere in the word "everyone" does the word "kiddy" appear.

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
does it really matter, i find it more ironic that the people who call nintendo kiddy will never get to enjoy a nintendo product because they want to look mature.Big_player
Which is why it's so sad.
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

What i dislike about the "kiddy" image some people have associated with nintendo is that they think their respective system is superior because they have games with guns, blood, and over the top violence.  The "kiddy" image blinds some people from the charm of some games and they end up not experiencing a great game.

Super Mario Bros 1, 3, World, and World 2 are defintily "kid friendly" in their image, but they are some of the greatest and most entertaining games in gaiming history.  It is sad that some people will pass that up on image alone.

For instance, for anyone who saw ign's games of the year video: When okami was announced as the winner, one of the Xbox staff(i believe?) looked disgusted and said something along the lines of who would want to play as some goofy looking dog when you can be blowing peoples heads off.  People like him will miss out on great games.

Also; people who talk of "kiddy" looking games like they are inferior sound so pompous.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 poopinloop32

What i dislike about the "kiddy" image some people have associated with nintendo is that they think their respective system is superior because they have games with guns, blood, and over the top violence.  The "kiddy" image blinds some people from the charm of some games and they end up not experiencing a great game.

Super Mario Bros 1, 3, World, and World 2 are defintily "kid friendly" in their image, but they are some of the greatest and most entertaining games in gaiming history.  It is sad that some people will pass that up on image alone.

For instance, for anyone who saw ign's games of the year video: When okami was announced as the winner, one of the Xbox staff(i believe?) looked disgusted and said something along the lines of who would want to play as some goofy looking dog when you can be blowing peoples heads off.  People like him will miss out on great games.

blahzor
maybe people enjoy shooters and war games more than others....like me
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

maybe people enjoy shooters and war games more than others....like mepoopinloop32

Of course there are such people, in fact there are alot of them.  I did not deny that, was there something in my post that implied that?  My point was he scoffed at a game that had a weird art style where you play a "dog" in favour of a bloody game simply because you played a dog and it had a weird art style

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]well...with that news about Manhunt 2 coming to the wii...the people that called nintendo kiddie have basically shut their mouths.ps3-nikita

Funny how the games sheep frowned upon, are now ok to use as agood thing. Madden anyone.

LAST TIME IM NOT A SHEEP

i am a gamer

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

LAST TIME IM NOT A SHEEP

i am a gamer

you didnt answer my question last page
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#79 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Personally, I think the people who call Nintendo "kiddy" are just kids themselves who are desperately trying to make themselves look more mature.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 poopinloop32
Personally, I think the people who call Nintendo "kiddy" are just kids themselves who are desperately trying to make themselves look more mature.The_Game21x
yup thats my dream....Ive always wanted to act like a 30 year old:roll:Nintendo foccuses on a loweer age audiance than the other consoles..whats so hard to understand
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#81 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]Personally, I think the people who call Nintendo "kiddy" are just kids themselves who are desperately trying to make themselves look more mature.poopinloop32
yup thats my dream....Ive always wanted to act like a 30 year old:roll:Nintendo foccuses on a loweer age audiance than the other consoles..whats so hard to understand

Perhaps I was over generalizing.

But a lot of people I've run into fit the profile.

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Naturally, as they are younger. Again, only kids are afraid of looking like kids.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]

[QUOTE="snakeofsolid"]theyre usually gamers that have started gaming usually around the ps2/xbox/GC gen or n64/PSX gen, whereas those who do for the most part ignore this kiddy label are those who have owned a earlier consoles of theirs, such as NES and SNES.ps3-nikita

I agreed.

Actually is just an example of sheep gaming snobbery. Well you see these so -called gamers arent really real gamers, they have no real gaming pedgree.They joined gaming in the casual era, unlike us we were gaming, when real gamers were gaming. Bottom line what do they really know about gaming. What do they even know what Nintendo has done for gaming. *sniff sniff*

hmm are you trying to say i jumped in during the casual gaming era? because i damn sure didnt, i started gaming since the NES and am still gaming.