Did this e3 change your mind on getting a wiiU? *POLL*

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I was on the fence before E3 and right now I'm still on the fence.

amaneuvering
I was on the fence.. then E3 2k12 happened.. now I jumped back down on my side. :? I have no interest in the Wii-U now.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I was definitely on the fence since last year, however this years absolutely mediocre presentation has made me lean far in the direction of not wanting one for a very long time, at least until Nintendo actually gets some games that actually look appealing.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Wasnt really interested before but I am considering getting one now.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I wasn't planning on getting it and it's staying that way for sure.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#105 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Still plan to get it but not until later later like until Zelda comes out.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I went from probably not gonna get one to no way in hell I am gonna get one.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#107 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
The impression I've gotten so far is that it's just a fancied up current gen console. I don't want that.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

I've always been eager to get new Nintendo consoles, but I'm definitely going to wait on Wii U. I want to see some great exclusives for it other than New Super Mario Brothers and some good third party games that don't consist of ports released earlier before I consider purchasing one.

bowserjr123

I'm not trying to convince you or anything but I think third party exclusives like Project P-100, ZombiU and Rayman Legends is a pretty good start.

If done right, they could be a good start. But then again, they could all become flops like Red Steel with the Wii.

I can understand ZombiU potentially flopping. I get that. But P-100 is a game from Platium. They don't usually disappoint and Rayman Legends is the sequel to one of last year's best games so I think those two will at least do well
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
it made me not wanting a wii (after i DID want one) No games for launch.
Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

I still intend to buy it. If anything, after Nintendo's E3 announcements, I'm more excited about it. The Miiverse thing looks awesome, Nintendoland looks like it'll be a blast to play with friends/family, and oh right, PIKMIN FREAKIN' 3! I'll admit that their conference could've been better, but I'm still psyched for the Wii U.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#111 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

WarTornRuston
Something tells me it's always been the latter...
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I won't say I planned to but I was hoping to be impressed, like I really wanted Wii U to be the ultimate console next gen (still could be) with killer first party and third party. While there are still definite possibilities, I'm not confident with the launch so I'll be holding off for a while... probably a few years lol.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Yeah, yeah I know their conference was a diaster but I don't buy many games to begin with. I've already planned to get 3 games at launch (AC3, Pikmin 3 and ZombiU) more then I usually get. (Which is like one game xD) Even if the Wii-U is the Wii all over again I should still be able to find plenty of games to meet my enjoyment.

And anyway, all the good games on xbox 360 etc are usually on PC too. So all I need a Ninty console + PC and I'm good to go.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#114 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Still getting one. I liked what I saw for Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Bros. U.

I see a lot of people Still not Liking Nintendo for being Nintendo.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

No but I haven't made up my mind yet. There wasn't anything to convince me I'll be getting one.

iceyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 iceyyyy
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

I was ready to hand them my wallets, not anymore, maybe next E3.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
I will most definitely be getting one. E3 may have not been great for Nintendo but I know I have confidence they will later on just like the wii didHeavyMetalKirby
Just like the Wii did? WHEN?
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
The only problem is I already own a PS3 and 360. Why would I trade my Wii in for the Wii U to get another console that is on par with the 2 I already have?
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#120 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] I'm not trying to convince you or anything but I think third party exclusives like Project P-100, ZombiU and Rayman Legends is a pretty good start.bonesawisready5

If done right, they could be a good start. But then again, they could all become flops like Red Steel with the Wii.

I can understand ZombiU potentially flopping. I get that. But P-100 is a game from Platium. They don't usually disappoint and Rayman Legends is the sequel to one of last year's best games so I think those two will at least do well

I know I'm being very skeptical, but I really see ZombiU flopping and being a generic shooter and P-100 doesn't look too interesting to me. I've never played a Rayman game before so I can't say much on Legends. I need to see more new third party games besides these to justify a Wii U purchase.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I was on the fence, then the conference turned me off a little, then I saw more Zombi U gameplay and I definitely want one for it. But I wont be preordering again though in case it flops like Red Steel.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#122 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
The only problem is I already own a PS3 and 360. Why would I trade my Wii in for the Wii U to get another console that is on par with the 2 I already have?CajunShooter
Nintendo exclusives seem to be the reason. I wasn't impressed either. Expected them to show off online community a-la Live. While they showed us some (interesting) community features they didn't really give us a good overview of what the online community would look like as a whole.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I highly doubt I will be buying another Nintendo console in my lifetime let alone a Wii U. Last NIN console I had was a Gamecube which was mighty fun. No gimmicks.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts
[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

nintendoboy16

My Wii just sets here. It is modded with every game imaginable and no one in this house plays it. I do play Trama Center or Tatsunoko VS Capcom once in a blue moon and when people are over for UFC we will play Brawl..although we haven't done that in a while. If you can't handle the fact Nintendo has went to $hit than that is not my fault. And apparently you did not see where I have said I was thinking about getting one in the past but the rumor started that Nintendo was cutting some of the power down because it as gonna be too expensive. I knew it would end up being a 360 or a little less with a gimmick. Sure enough.........
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#125 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

WarTornRuston

My Wii just sets here. It is modded with every game imaginable and no one in this house plays it. I do play Trama Center or Tatsunoko VS Capcom once in a blue moon and when people are over for UFC we will play Brawl..although we haven't done that in a while. If you can't handle the fact Nintendo has went to $hit than that is not my fault. And apparently you did not see where I have said I was thinking about getting one in the past but the rumor started that Nintendo was cutting some of the power down because it as gonna be too expensive. I knew it would end up being a 360 or a little less with a gimmick. Sure enough.........

That is still YOUR opinion and it is not fact. Besides, we don't really know if they did cut down on anything just because of ONE E3 conference. Knowing all that you said about ALL of Nintendo in these fourms (even going as far as calling Miyamoto an idiot for not liking your precious F-Zero GX, granted I love the game too but...), I had heavy doubts you were despite your claims.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#126 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I changed my mind but then changed it back (after P100 was announced). Still getting a Wii U.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#127 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I was intersted, but now I'm not. I really wasnt impressed at all with the games shown off. We also dont have a price yet, which ultimately is going to decide if I get it. I have a Vita which is continuing to increase its cross platform compatibility with PS3. That will suit me fine if I either dont want to be in front of the TV or cant be. It also obviously has far better range than a Wii U controller. Its not as big and bulky as the Wii U controller. I do think the Wii U is the best motion control if your into that. Using that controller with the balance board is the best use of motion control I've seen. Its as close as your going to get to legit stuff in the living room without Virtual Reality. Kinect has yet to truly figure out how to do anything other than Dance Central better than Wii or Move.
M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

i've gotta admit that after over 200 votes, i am not suprised with the poll votes. Most people never intended to buy it here as I expected.. Nintendo lost the hardcore gamer with the wii. So its not suprising to see it with the most votes.

The people who were planning to always buy i imagine want the console to play their favourite mario and zelda games. Nintendo would have to screw up pretty bad to not get their support.

And another one that didnt suprise was the high amount of people that changed their mind.. nintendo did a poor job to convince us to buy the console at e3, and at shows on this result.

The last 2 are actually suprising to me.. i didnt expect so many people to actually be convinced to buy it at this e3, and i thought that there would be more people not sure if they want it yet.

Was really interesting to see the results

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Need more info, especially about the new social stuff and games. But I won't buy it at launch, I'll never buy a Nintendo system at launch again after they screwed us with the 3DS