Did this e3 change your mind on getting a wiiU? *POLL*

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

Ok, we all saw that nintendo did a bad job at getting us excited for the new hardware. Was just wondering if it actually changed anyone's mind in purchasing it?

I didn't intend to buy it but kept an open mind about it.. but this e3 made me sure i was not getting one (at least not at launch).

How about you guys?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
No
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#3 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
So far all they did for me was give me strong doubts. Really worried for the next gen.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
lol at people that really thought Wii U would be next gen. Sheep will never learn.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

I will get one, but after their conference I've decided I'd be better off waiting until around fall of 2013.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Nope, the wii ruined any chance of that a long time ago.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I hadn't seen any reason to buy one before this E3, and I didn't see any reason to buy one at this E3.

Avatar image for greeneyedmonsta
greeneyedmonsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 greeneyedmonsta
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts

will buy day one with pikmin 3, rayman legends, nsmbu, and if gameplay turns out to be good zombieu. I just hope nintendo has a few suprises at the tokyo game show.

primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts

still getting one. will preorder as soon as it's available. hopefully project p-100 is a launch title.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

hell-no.gif.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

never planned to and this E3:lol:and last E3:lol:didn't do anything to help its cause

nice ipad controller

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I've always been eager to get new Nintendo consoles, but I'm definitely going to wait on Wii U. I want to see some great exclusives for it other than New Super Mario Brothers and some good third party games that don't consist of ports released earlier before I consider purchasing one.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I was planning on getting a WiiU day 1 but changed my mind. I can't justify the price what ever it is just for pikmin 3. I can get all the mulitplats I want on my PS3. I'm gonna wait till it has more 1st party stuff and a price drop.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#14 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

No.

They did little to make me more interested, but I'm still getting it.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

never planned on getting one and E3 just made my choice more righteous.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I'm more excited than I was before. Have my pre-order almost paid off and waiting. A launch line up of Rayman Legends, Dark Siders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Project P-100, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Assassin's Creed III, Nintendo Land, Ghost Recon Onilne, Scribblenauts Unlimited is amazing. Yes, a lot of those games are launch or launch window games. This blows my mind. ZombiU sounds like a refreshing take on the Zombie game and Pikmin 3 is glorious. But I also understand that making games like Nintendo Land, SiNG serves a purpose and I didn't mind those portions of the conferences. I'm not the only gamer in the world after all.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

still getting one. will preorder as soon as it's available. hopefully project p-100 is a launch title.

primitive013

I agree I was going to get it at launch anyway.

They announced a lot of games that look interesting. 3 games I definitely have to get when I purchase it at launch are Project P-100, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bonesawisready5

I've always been eager to get new Nintendo consoles, but I'm definitely going to wait on Wii U. I want to see some great exclusives for it other than New Super Mario Brothers and some good third party games that don't consist of ports released earlier before I consider purchasing one.

bowserjr123
I'm not trying to convince you or anything but I think third party exclusives like Project P-100, ZombiU and Rayman Legends is a pretty good start.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I may not get one at launch, but I will absolutely get one before the summer of next year. I never buy consoles within the "launch window" except for the Wii, because I wanted to play Twilight Princess on the Wii.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

The only thing that has any hopes of swaying my mind into getting one is another quality Super Smash Brothers installment.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

I was thinking buying wii u this year, but after that e3. Im going to wait year or 2 to see how well nintendo handles 3rd party support. Am I going to see games similar to the last of us, halo, gears of war, forza, gt, gta, proper versio of cod, skyrim, uncharted, tomb raider, RTS games (with that controller they should handle those).

I bought the e3 showing of wii and the hype. Worst mistake of my gaming life was bying that piece of sh*t hardware that is wii, though it had some good games.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Well I wasn't planning on getting one right away anyways, but I was open to the possibility of that. It definitely didn't convince me to get one though, but I'll give it time and see what comes out for it.

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

i am suprised someone voted for "I didnt want one before, but this e3 convinced me!".. each has their own opinion, but i just don't see how they werent convinced of buying it already last year (which nintendo did a much better job at revealing the wiiU)

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

Yes it did, and I will not get one, or at least not until the next 3D Mario platformer comes out.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

So here's the thing, Pikmin is my favourite gaming franchise of all time and it's been missing for 8 years now. Announcing that Pikmin 3 is a launch game was actually the only thing Nintendo could have done to make me buy this thing day one. Otherwise I would have waited to see how things went.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Not getting one.

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts
I will most definitely be getting one. E3 may have not been great for Nintendo but I know I have confidence they will later on just like the wii did
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm still not getting a WiiU. The potential is there and some of the games like Pikmen 3, ZombiU, and that P-100 game all really take advantage of the WiiU's tablet, but the whole thing is still very underwhelming.

I don't think it's making a 2012 launch, that thing just isn't ready. Nintendo had a very poor display of it during their conference.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Getting one at launch
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bonesawisready5

I'm still not getting a WiiU. The potential is there and some of the games like Pikmen 3, ZombiU, and that P-100 game all really take advantage of the WiiU's tablet, but the whole thing is still very underwhelming.

I don't think it's making a 2012 launch, that thing just isn't ready. Nintendo had a very poor display of it during their conference.

Wasdie
It has to come out this year and is listed for Holiday 2012. Personally I'm calling November 18th.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
I was playing with the thought. If it were an actual leap in graphics, some more interesting games (that interest ME) and it came with a blu-ray drive then maybe. ATM I'm not interested in it.. at all..
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

bonesawisready5

It has to come out this year and is listed for Holiday 2012. Personally I'm calling November 18th.

It doesn't "have" to come out Nintendo hasn't given a firm release date. If they did, they would have said it at the E3 conference.

No, the thing isn't ready. It doesn't have the development support they are gunning for and they have very few 1st party titles that are to the point of being shown off to the public.

I'm calling it right now, no next gen consoles in 2012. The developers and publishers want it but Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo aren't in the position to put a new console out yet.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

It made me not want one that great.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
No. Unfortunately.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

IT has been a pointless gimmick since the very beginning, and it continues to be a pointless gimmick. It doesn't offer anything good to the gameplay.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

i'll pick one up in about 3 years after a massive price drop. why not?

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Day one fvck yeah locked and loaded prepare for a fvcking ride that is Nintendo. FVCK YEAH.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

IT has been a pointless gimmick since the very beginning, and it continues to be a pointless gimmick. It doesn't offer anything good to the gameplay.

hoola

No. I think they could do rts games with that controller very well. But this being nintendo... they dont seem to care about western 3rd party developers much. Its all about the "family stuff".

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

It doesn't "have" to come out Nintendo hasn't given a firm release date. If they did, they would have said it at the E3 conference.

No, the thing isn't ready. It doesn't have the development support they are gunning for and they have very few 1st party titles that are to the point of being shown off to the public.

I'm calling it right now, no next gen consoles in 2012. The developers and publishers want it but Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo aren't in the position to put a new console out yet.

Then why does Nintendo keep reassuring us it's releasing before the end of the year? I just don't understand why they aren't giving a specific release date... Maybe they're waiting to see when all their third parties will be ready and are gunning for the earliest release dat they can to catch stuff like assassin's creed III closer to when it releases for all conoles or something.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
just like your option 3 poll says.."i wanted to, but changed my mind after this E3"
NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
I will consider it when the other consoles are out, but it needs more of its own games. It would be good if they could get some real next-gen first-party/third-party IPs as right now they would blow away the competition if their graphics really are better than the PS3/360. Nintendo shouldn't rush the console out the gate it's clearly not ready yet.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

No I still plan on getting one.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] It has to come out this year and is listed for Holiday 2012. Personally I'm calling November 18th. Pikminmaniac

Then why does Nintendo keep reassuring us it's releasing before the end of the year? I just don't understand why they aren't giving a specific release date... Maybe they're waiting to see when all their third parties will be ready and are gunning for the earliest release dat they can to catch stuff like assassin's creed III closer to when it releases for all conoles or something.

If they make a holiday release, the console will be too rushed. I think they really want that holiday 2012 sales to give it a good start, but it's not appealing to the same audiences and they are not selling it to PS3/360 owners. It's not in a good position right now.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Wanted to, but they gave me little to no reason to believe in them. Then IGN's interview (pretty good interview on Rich's part) with Reggie kinda proves to me that they think core gamers just need third party. He talks about how they want batman and such. That is all well and good Reggie, but can you guess why 90% of core gamers buy your consoles? FIRST PARTY GAMES! You are not Microsoft. You cannot get away with releasing a console based around third party support. Nintendo consoles have always sold because of Nintendo games. If I buy a WiiU, it damn sure isn't for a multiplat I can play on my PC 10 times better.

Then Reggie goes on to act like SING is a frikkin core gamers game. Just cause Nintendo publishes it doesn't mean I want that crap Reggie!

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

No. Unfortunately.ispeakfact

Dat Sig. :lol:

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

A bunch of titles are listed for "Holiday 2012" and Nintendo has confirmed that the Wii U is coming out this holiday check this picture Holiday 2012 Wii U release I think the launch line up is friggin' amazing. Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Mass Effect 3, Dark Siders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Lego City Undercover and so many more in the launch window already Also here is the Wii U game release date list
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I still don't know.

They showed some fun stuff but nothing that would convince me to buy one.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I never wanted one, but I really wanted this E3 to change my mind. But instead, it actually managed to make me want one even less than I already did and I didn't think that was possible.