Did Microsoft throw the towel?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#51 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Juub1990:you count PSVR and the PS Pro as a plus? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get you're just stirring the pot but cmon man.

Anyway, MS has games coming out. I think you are just falling for the Sony marketing hype machine which is actually running on all cylinders now since they have a stream of games coming out.

At the end of the year, any company only puts out 5-6 AAA titles since they dont want to cannibalize their sales.

Yeah Sony has a bunch of games coming out this year, but honestly most of those Japanese games I have no interest in, and based on sales of TLG and Gravity Rush 2 numbers neither do the majority of the PS4 base.

So while they might not interest you, I'm kinda hyped for the games coming to Xbox this year. Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Below, Cuphead, Conan Exiles, Tacoma will all get played.

Its also kinda weird you talk about Nintendo gearing up for a new console launch as a positive, but just kinda gloss over the Scorpio release like 'whatevs'.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@dakur said:

All the evidence points at M$ getting rid of their console. They're moving to PC and xbox as a service. With xbox as service they're looking to do something like Steam more than a console. Scorpio is a elite product according to M$ so they're going to price it high and won't sell so much, but I don't think M$ cares cause it's going to be their last console. After that you'll see they will focus on PC and their xbox service and UWP platform.

So when you want to get rid of your console business the first thing you do is spend R&D money on a new console and then release a new system. Then when you release the new system you don't even care if it is even successful after spending a shit ton of money on R&D. This is why fanboys should never respond to post like this, because they are blinded by the fanboy shit in their eyes.

If Microsoft was done why wouldn't they just stop at the Xbox One S and stop wasting money? It is because they are not done and like being in this space.

firedguy33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 firedguy33
Member since 2016 • 133 Posts

No. The most relevant games are available on both Playstation and Xbox. This isn't 2002. People need to stop living in the past.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#54 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

lol another thread fail.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

First off "general" appreciation is a pretty way to say POPULAR OPINION. It is still OPINION, therefore not objective.

So it must be about "BIG GAMES"? Dead Rising 4 just came out in December. Games are coming out. You may not like them, but that's fine. Don't buy Xbox then. It doesn't mean Microsoft threw in the towel. It means you don't like their offerings.

Can I say Gears 4 is more appreciated than Gears one? Well I can only speak for myself. I also believe Uncharted 2 is better than 4.

Again, sales? 360 had a way bigger install base, and the newness of Gears 1 is what sold it more. What if Gears 4 was actually the first one ever made?

And when people make that greatest games list, it will still be an opinion, not Objective.

Again, you're stuck on hyperbole by Phil Spencer. What do you expect from him? "Its an ok games line up"? Do you really expect the Circus to be the "GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH" because that was the catch phrase Ringling bros used for 60 years? I think you're being naïve.

But SO or Forza can be considered greater than Mass Effect or Gears by the people that like them better. You seem to think there is some way to prove some objectivity in subjective entertainment. Objectivity doesn't exist in this. Its impossible because humans are all individuals and are entertained by different things. Who are you or anyone to tell I_P_Daily that Mass Effect is greater than FH3? He loves racing games. And just because a majority says blank game is better, all that means is popular opinion. NOt that it is factually better.

Agreed. It is a popular opinion but that's how greatness is measured, by the popular opinion. Something that's never been heard of or know by anyone will never be considered great. You may argue Eternal Sonata is a better game than Super Mario Bros, but you can't argue it's a greater game.

Not just big games, AA games from mid-tier developers count too. I suppose we can count Dead Rising 4 too but it scored only 76 on Metacritic and the sales weren't exactly great either.

I'm not arguing whether or not Gears is better than Gears 4. I'm arguing Gears is generally regarded as the better and more significant game as demonstrated by the number of awards it gathered, the critical praise it generated and the strong sales.

The 360 install base wasn't really bigger in 2007 which is when Mass Effect, Halo and Gears of War came out. Actually, until recently the X1 was outpacing the Xbox 360.

And yes, when they make a greatest games list it'll be subjective. Opinions are always subjective but we're on System Wars right? What matters isn't my or your opinion, what matters it the masses and the industry's opinion. As silly as it is you cannot claim on System Wars Quantum Break is a better game than Uncharted 4. You may argue all you want and you may even make strong points but this isn't it works here.

I know he was pimping his games but I simply expected more titles with more impact and more sales that would really drive the sales of the Xbox One and it hasn't been the case. Big games are very scarce. We got Halo Wars in February. Dead Rising in December and Gears of War in October. Meanwhile PS4 got Yakuza, Nioh, Horizon, TLG, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Nier Automata, The King of Fighters XV, Dragon Quest Builders and a bunch of others. Notice I only included games that scored relatively well. I ignored games like No Man's Sky or The Tomorrow Children.

Agreed. Objectivity definitely doesn't exist in entertainment but if we're going that route why even be on System Wars? What decides a winner aside from sales? The quality and quantity of games. What decides that? Well, sales and reviews. Even if you don't agree with that this is what we use here.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@daniel_su123: Except most of the speculation is that the Scorpio will not use Ryzen.

There is nothing currently available to concretely indicate that Scorpio will use current gen CPU technology.

Digital Foundry got ahold of the Scorpio white papers and it seemed to indicate that it's CPU would not be anything spectacular. They seem to be the go to technical analysis of console hardware.

You Lems are going to be very dissapointed when Scorpio is revealed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#57 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

So throwing the towel is launching a new system with full backward compatibility and having a policy that ensures devs continue to make their games Xone compatible for an unspecified number of years? I will like to see what not throwing the towel looks like then.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No way. Scorpio say hi, unless you mean throw in the towel for xbonetha you have case.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Pedro: If you want to know what not throwing the towel looks like I would personally describe it as Microsoft working hard to entice developers to make games for their system and spending money to expand their first party as well as taking risks on new ideas, that is to a much larger degree than they currently are. E3 will show us how competitive they want to be.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Juub1990
@FastRobby said:

What big titles does the PS4 have that Xbox One doesn't have? Or do you mean big titles for you? I actually found HW2, sea of thieves, crackdown 3 to be big titles... Last year we had QB, Recore, and GoW4 all big titles

Nioh, Street Fighter V, Yakuza, Nier Automata, Uncharted 4, R&C 2016...these are just the recent ones.

@oflow The Scorpio will just be my PC with one quarter of the performance. The Switch will be a different beast altogether. The Scorpio is still ultimately an Xbox One.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@FastRobby said:

What big titles does the PS4 have that Xbox One doesn't have? Or do you mean big titles for you? I actually found HW2, sea of thieves, crackdown 3 to be big titles... Last year we had QB, Recore, and GoW4 all big titles

Nioh, Street Fighter V, Yakuza, Nier Automata, Uncharted 4, R&C 2016...these are just the recent ones.

@oflow The Scorpio will just be my PC with one quarter of the performance. The Switch will be a different beast altogether. The Scorpio is still ultimately an Xbox One.

Here's something to enhance your point: the switch is a major console launch being marketed with *games.* As of now, the Scorpio is a device we don't know much about that is not being used (again, up to now) to push games. Even 1,2 Switch is something novel the switch is offering.

I wouldn't say they're throwing in the towel yet though. They are rethinking their strategy, that's for sure.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

They might be throwing in the towel but does that matter anymore this gen has been shit for gamers

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

For a long time now I've been much more interested in MS's Surface tablets than anything else they offer.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

To be fair, Microsoft too is getting ready to launch a new console, and I would argue that whatever big guns they have, such as they are, are being saved for the Scorpio debut at E3 this year.

but what's the point of a new console if you have no big titles to drive it? They have it backwards. Games sell consoles. Consoles don't sell games.

They have lots of games. What are you talking about. Other games came out for the XB1 over the past 2 months. Not just Halo Wars 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Games released in February.

https://www.releases.com/l/Xbox_One_Games/2017/2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#65 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@blackace said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

To be fair, Microsoft too is getting ready to launch a new console, and I would argue that whatever big guns they have, such as they are, are being saved for the Scorpio debut at E3 this year.

but what's the point of a new console if you have no big titles to drive it? They have it backwards. Games sell consoles. Consoles don't sell games.

They have lots of games. What are you talking about. Other games came out for the XB1 over the past 2 months. Not just Halo Wars 2.

He's specifically talking about Microsoft's own titles for Xbox One, not third party games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@cainetao11 said:

First off "general" appreciation is a pretty way to say POPULAR OPINION. It is still OPINION, therefore not objective.

So it must be about "BIG GAMES"? Dead Rising 4 just came out in December. Games are coming out. You may not like them, but that's fine. Don't buy Xbox then. It doesn't mean Microsoft threw in the towel. It means you don't like their offerings.

Can I say Gears 4 is more appreciated than Gears one? Well I can only speak for myself. I also believe Uncharted 2 is better than 4.

Again, sales? 360 had a way bigger install base, and the newness of Gears 1 is what sold it more. What if Gears 4 was actually the first one ever made?

And when people make that greatest games list, it will still be an opinion, not Objective.

Again, you're stuck on hyperbole by Phil Spencer. What do you expect from him? "Its an ok games line up"? Do you really expect the Circus to be the "GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH" because that was the catch phrase Ringling bros used for 60 years? I think you're being naïve.

But SO or Forza can be considered greater than Mass Effect or Gears by the people that like them better. You seem to think there is some way to prove some objectivity in subjective entertainment. Objectivity doesn't exist in this. Its impossible because humans are all individuals and are entertained by different things. Who are you or anyone to tell I_P_Daily that Mass Effect is greater than FH3? He loves racing games. And just because a majority says blank game is better, all that means is popular opinion. NOt that it is factually better.

Agreed. It is a popular opinion but that's how greatness is measured, by the popular opinion. Something that's never been heard of or know by anyone will never be considered great. You may argue Eternal Sonata is a better game than Super Mario Bros, but you can't argue it's a greater game.

Not just big games, AA games from mid-tier developers count too. I suppose we can count Dead Rising 4 too but it scored only 76 on Metacritic and the sales weren't exactly great either.

I'm not arguing whether or not Gears is better than Gears 4. I'm arguing Gears is generally regarded as the better and more significant game as demonstrated by the number of awards it gathered, the critical praise it generated and the strong sales.

The 360 install base wasn't really bigger in 2007 which is when Mass Effect, Halo and Gears of War came out. Actually, until recently the X1 was outpacing the Xbox 360.

And yes, when they make a greatest games list it'll be subjective. Opinions are always subjective but we're on System Wars right? What matters isn't my or your opinion, what matters it the masses and the industry's opinion. As silly as it is you cannot claim on System Wars Quantum Break is a better game than Uncharted 4. You may argue all you want and you may even make strong points but this isn't it works here.

I know he was pimping his games but I simply expected more titles with more impact and more sales that would really drive the sales of the Xbox One and it hasn't been the case. Big games are very scarce. We got Halo Wars in February. Dead Rising in December and Gears of War in October. Meanwhile PS4 got Yakuza, Nioh, Horizon, TLG, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Nier Automata, The King of Fighters XV, Dragon Quest Builders and a bunch of others. Notice I only included games that scored relatively well. I ignored games like No Man's Sky or The Tomorrow Children.

Agreed. Objectivity definitely doesn't exist in entertainment but if we're going that route why even be on System Wars? What decides a winner aside from sales? The quality and quantity of games. What decides that? Well, sales and reviews. Even if you don't agree with that this is what we use here.

Well here is where there is nothing to discuss further.

You feel greatness is measured by popular opinion. I feel greatness is my measured by my opinion when it comes to the movies, books, music or games I am going to take the time to enjoy and especially spend my money on. I don't care what others consider great, I'm not playing with their time, taste or money.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Juub1990

@cainetao11: Well then why bother argue on System Wars lol?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cainetao11

@Juub1990 said:

@cainetao11: Well then why bother argue on System Wars lol?

Fun?

Do you think you're really proving or winning something here? Do you think others change their gaming habits by what you post?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Juub1990

@cainetao11: Yes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cainetao11

Narcissism.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@firedguy33 said:

No. The most relevant games are available on both Playstation and Xbox. This isn't 2002. People need to stop living in the past.

..Not going to happen. Most of the gamers in these forums started gaming 2, 3 maybe even 4 generations ago. They're used to "Mascots" and "Colorful characters on box covers" and "This game represents MY SYSTEM!".. lol Those days are Loooooooooooong gone! They're just the last ones to accept it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

He's specifically talking about Microsoft's own titles for Xbox One, not third party games.

Yeah..there are lots of those in that list as well. Who buys a XBox console just to play Microsoft games only? I don't. I don't play only Sony 1st party games on the PS4 and I doubt Cows do either. Exclusives aren't the only games that matter. If that was true, everyone would own a Wii U right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blackace said:
@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah..there are lots of those in that list as well. Who buys a XBox console just to play Microsoft games only? I don't. I don't play only Sony 1st party games on the PS4 and I doubt Cows do either. Exclusives aren't the only games that matter. If that was true, everyone would own a Wii U right now.

Besides the point. This thread is specifically about Microsoft's own game output, which has indisputably been diminished. You can try to discuss why that might have happened, but stop deflecting from the point.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:

Besides the point. This thread is specifically about Microsoft's own game output, which has indisputably been diminished. You can try to discuss why that might have happened, but stop deflecting from the point.

I wouldn't say it has diminished, I mean microsoft never had so many game studios as sony. Microsoft does pay developpers for (timed) exclusivity deals though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@commander said:
@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:

I wouldn't say it has diminished, I mean microsoft never had so many game studios as sony. Microsoft does pay developpers for (timed) exclusivity deals though.

MS's lineup until a few years ago was more prolific.

I am hoping they are saving their stuff for Scorpio.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@FastRobby said:

Uncharted 4, R&C 2016, and Street Fighter are indeed big titles. The other 3 really aren't, they are niche games, but that's why I included the line "big titles for you", because it's subjective

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@Juub1990 said:
@cainetao11 said:

@Juub1990: How is it dry season when Halo Wars 2 comes out on Tuesday? I know for purpose of SW it got a 6/10, but its a solid 81/100 on meta. Some people are liking it.

And getting 3rd party exclusive support from japan does factor in. Platinum flat out said, the X1 doesn't sell well in Japan so it doesn't make sense to support it for them with Nier even though the first one was on 360. And many other Japanese made games are on X1, like RE7 most recently. What do you expect MS to do? Go and force Japanese or western devs to make exclusives for them? It cant be helped.

Appreciation is completely subjective. You may not appreciate Halo Wars 2 but I sure am. Sales? But sales numbers don't matter, remember? You said so in regards to VR. They are still providing a product that the other is not, like a console RTS.

Impact? Why does that matter to me? As long as I feel the impact of what I buy.

This notification just came. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/xbox-one-exclusives-confirmed-for-2017/2300-6437230/

Yeah and that's one game. Last big game that came out was Gears of War in October. It's been practically 4 months with nothing of note. I don't doubt it's good. I don't take the reviews of the idiots here in account.

The point I made was that Sony was firing on all cylinders and they are. I understand why Japanese games aren't coming out for the X1 but that's simply a plus for the PS4 and a minus for the X1. Consumers couldn't care less about the reasons games aren't coming out, they just want the games and PS4 provides just that. If PS4 is releasing games in droves like that, Microsoft shouldn't just sit idly by while Sony is racking up the dough. They should provide an alternative to their customers and they aren't.

Individual appreciation is but general appreciation isn't(unless the games are so close it's a toss up). Gears of War was praised far more than Gears of War 4 and generated more sales. Can you honestly say Gears of War 4 is more appreciated than 2 or 3? It had far less sales, less influence and won less awards. Yes it sucks that reviewers are clueless but 10 years from now when people make greatest games of all time lists, Gears of War will be there probably as a top tier game. Gears of War 4 likely won't unless the perspective changes a lot. Sales don't matter in the context of VR but if you said VR is the "biggest" or "greatest" Sony product, sales would matter. Phil Spencer said Greatest or Biggest line up, can't remember exactly. Greatness implies impact, it implies magnitude, influence. To have the greatest line up you absolutely need sales, critical praise and impact none of which seem to be happening with the latest Microsoft offerings.

Not even saying they aren't good to great games. Forza Horizon 3 seems to be the best racer this gen and Sunset Overdrive legit seems to be tons of fun but they cannot be in any shape or form be considered greater than the likes of Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, Fable 2 etc.

I am not talking about you or I cainetao. I am talking about the industry and the mass market's general appreciation and adoption of these games. I honestly thought Microsoft would set the world on fire in 2016.

It's quite obvious a lot these threads came into existence lately because of horizon zero dawn and the new zelda. Nioh plays a part in it into , allthough to a lesser extent, since it's a nich(ier) crowd.

Games like horizon zero dawn are not the games that drive the business anymore like they used too. There not enough fresh ip's and a lot of ideas have already been milked. I mean if gamers have to wait for these titles they would be bored. While gaming has become mainstream last gen, a lot of that mainstream crowd has become interested in specific genres and those games are mostly multplayer oriented.

I mean there was so much talk about uncharted 4, but is it that, as a gamer what you're waiting for? IF these are your type of games you don't have much choice to have several different platforms, since you would be bored to death if you only had a playstation. There's a reason in 2015 the playstation was called the bloodbornestation. How long will horizon keep people interested? I doubt it will take as much of my time as it does with fifa ultimate team, which has exclusive content for the xbox , as I already told you several times. Or magic duels, which may be on the pc, it's not on the ps4. That game get's updated with new content every 3 months and I play this stuff a lot.

I could talk to you about my friend that plays car games all the time, or about backward compatiblity, the (timed) exclusives. Microsoft has never had as much game studios as sony had but they do invest money in exclusivity deals. They invest in the r&d , servers and network performance. They might not have that many own ip's, but let's face it. Is sony breaking a lot of new ground with their ip's? When I think about groundbreaking games I think about halflife 1 & 2, gta 3, crysis, oblivion. Yet it is the levelling in the games like call of duty, fifa ultimate team, world of warcraft and league of legends that cater the most gamers.

I don't think horizon zero dawn is going to be a groundbreaking game, it do think it will be a masterpiece though or at least a very good game but we got good games all the time last gen. Yet devs still concentrate on multiplayer as much as they can, because they know it sells better and that's something a lot of people on this forum don't realize.

The ps4 never got this successfull because of their ip's, it's because of the power under the hood, the scorpio is going to be a real eye opener and don't start about the pc, most console players don't care about pc's.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I wouldn't say they're giving up. The reality is they only have 4 first party studios and 3 of them only work on single franchises. And independent studios like Insomniac and Kojima Productions are in bed with Sony right now and Remedy's latest game for MS was a critical and commercial failure. They also canned Scalebound which was originally meant to be an early 2017 release.

MS coasted last gen on 3rd party marketing deals and Halo/Gears both being legit system sellers with Bungie/Epic making them. Neither of those have that system selling power anymore (especially Gears which fell off a fvcking cliff in sales) and Sony gets all the 3rd party deals this time around.

Unreal Engine 4's PC tech demos needs plenty of GPU power and Gears of War 4 XBO doesn't show UE4's capability.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@crashnburn281: we simply don't know whether if it will use Zen or Jaguar. The white paper may be talking about previous plans, then MS changed them.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kvally

@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:
@charizard1605 said:
@blackace said:
@Juub1990 said:

Many of us thought the PS line up diminished last fall when MS was pumping them out. Even Sony admitted their fall line up was lackluster and the reason they did time exclusive DLC with COD is to help offset not having anything. Microsoft came out firing this past holiday with Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and Recore. Sony supplied us with The Last Guardian and Call of Duty timed DLC.

So now MS has supplied us with Halo Wars 2, compared to an onslaught from Sony this winter/spring so far (announced dates at least).

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#81  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

What they're doing is taking a safe position that won't necessarily secure the most consoles sold but does generate a steady income.

They avert all risks and create a very standard console and no games. So you get all third parties that you guys care about so much and that secures sales, and you don't have to be afraid of developing a bad game or introducing new tech that people don't like. It's a very secure financial profit and I think that is what MS HQ is after.

firedguy33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 firedguy33
Member since 2016 • 133 Posts

Arguing about exclusives when majority of the relevant games are multiplatform is fun

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

but what's the point of a new console if you have no big titles to drive it?

That's exactly my point- much like the barren release schedules of the Wii or Wii U in their final years on the market, it is possible that all major Microsoft titles are being saved for Scorpio's launch and demonstration.

I agree. Crackdown 3 will probably one of them, along with Halo 6 or a new IP. It would be wild if they announced Halo 6 to be launched with scorpio.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kvally

@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

That's exactly my point- much like the barren release schedules of the Wii or Wii U in their final years on the market, it is possible that all major Microsoft titles are being saved for Scorpio's launch and demonstration.

I agree. Crackdown 3 will probably one of them, along with Halo 6 or a new IP. It would be wild if they announced Halo 6 to be launched with scorpio.

If they launched Halo 6 with Scorpio, I would think that Halo 6 will be a huge flop. Not enough time in the oven to make the story properly, not enough time to make the campaign bigger and longer, not enough time to do all the new maps, do the beta testing. Halo 6 this soon, IMO is just too close to the release of Halo 5.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

If they launched Halo 6 with Scorpio, I would think that Halo 6 will be a huge flop. Not enough time in the oven to make the story properly, not enough time to make the campaign bigger and longer, not enough time to do all the new maps, do the beta testing. Halo 6 this soon, IMO is just too close to the release of Halo 5.

Halo is dead.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kvally

@n64dd said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:

Halo is dead.

Your trolling is really bad

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zero_epyon

@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Fair point. I'm sure they'll at least announce it though.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@n64dd: It isn't dead, all of their Halo games just suck now. Bungie was the only studio, other than Turn 10, that was worth a damn. Now all they have is Forza. Sad really. I feel bad for lems. It isn't even remotely a competitive market for Microflop.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kvally

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:

I am usually wrong :)

They could announce it at this E3 as a 2018 title?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zero_epyon

@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:

I am usually wrong :)

They could announce it at this E3 as a 2018 title?

yeah I wouldn't be surprised.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@kvally said:
@n64dd said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:

Halo is dead.

3/10. Halo is dead though. It's not what it used to be and is dying a slow death.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kvally

@n64dd said:
@kvally said:
@n64dd said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Halo is dead.

3/10. Halo is dead though. It's not what it used to be and is dying a slow death.

2/10

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ronvalencia

@Juub1990 said:
@FastRobby said:

With double speed Fp16 feature, Scorpio's FLOPS can range from 6 TFLOPS in Fp32 to 12 TFLOPS in Fp16.

What's a "half2"?

Unlike Tegra X1/P1/GP100, your GP104 based GTX 1080 doesn't have this hardware feature.

Vega has this feature.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

They are doing what they intended to do. Move towards Windows 10 away from Xbox and just monetize their console sales by getting their dumb and blind fanboys to keep wasting money on the product. They know they can not compete with Sony so they are just trying to improve the revenue gained from Live. There will be no big exclusive game reveals at E3. This is it and it won't get better. They will sell Scorpio only to their goofy fanboys and milk them till the pigs start singing.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

Not sure if posted. What is this motion interface design?

MS Engineer Mentions New Xbox Scorpio 6 Teraflops “Motion” Interface Design Language

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Juub1990
@ronvalencia said:

With double speed Fp16 feature, Scorpio's FLOPS can range from 6 TFLOPS in Fp32 to 12 TFLOPS in Fp16.

What's a "half2"?

Unlike Tegra X1/P1/GP100, your GP104 based GTX 1080 doesn't have this hardware feature.

Vega has this feature.

And my PC will still shit on the Scorpio so I don't even know why you quoted me.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

Phil Spencer, while magnitudes better than Hack Mattrick, is overrated and all talk no action sometimes. His comment about canceling Scalebound is good for Gamers is still the most facepalmworthy quote from him

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ronvalencia

@Juub1990 said:
@ronvalencia said:

What's a "half2"?

Vega has this feature.

And my PC will still shit on the Scorpio so I don't even know why you quoted me.

You claimed Scorpio is 1/4 the power of your PC which is the point of contention. I know your PC will beat Scorpio.