Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mowgly1: this game doesn't even look that good. Compared to forza, it's not even close. When the ps5 gets a game even close to forza horizon 5, msfs20 or halo, then you can talk.

LOL. Best graphics of 2021 goes to Ratchet and Returnal, not some crappy FH5 and Flight Simulator. Also, GT7 demolishes FH5 in car details and lighting especially.

GT7 is getting its ASS POUNDED by FM7 and FH5. And while I think GT7 is a better GAME than FM7, it is outclassed by FM7. FH5, no competition.

LOL. GTS demolishes FM7 graphically. GT7 completely stomp it. John Linemann made a Digital Foundry comparison few years ago

About FH5. Even GTS has better looking cars than FH5 on at least 7x weaker hardware. So much about allmighty RDNA 2 one and only 12TF from space from another dimension. Won't even mention GT7 because it would be embarrassing for FH5

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13109 Posts
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

LOL. Best graphics of 2021 goes to Ratchet and Returnal, not some crappy FH5 and Flight Simulator. Also, GT7 demolishes FH5 in car details and lighting especially.

GT7 is getting its ASS POUNDED by FM7 and FH5. And while I think GT7 is a better GAME than FM7, it is outclassed by FM7. FH5, no competition.

LOL. GTS demolishes FM7 graphically. GT7 completely stomp it. John Linemann made a Digital Foundry comparison few years ago

About FH5. Even GTS has better looking cars than FH5 on at least 7x weaker hardware. So much about allmighty RDNA 2 one and only 12TF from space from another dimension. Won't even mention GT7 because it would be embarrassing for FH5

Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By KvallyX

Also, what is your PSN ID?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#104 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

SSD isn't a framerate which affects gameplay directly. LOL. So much about one and only allmighty RDNA 2 12TF full of crap

Mind you that PS5 version of Elden Ring loads few times faster and and also has a higher framerate and resolution than Xbox version. So, Xbox is crap. That is good for Xbox community.

Elden Ring also performs better on the PS5 than the PC, so what does that say about the developer?

Which means PS API is the best for developers. Not some crappy DX12

What did you say earlier? "PS5 version = it is not so well optimized. Pathetic excuse."

Changed your tune there. Now it's about optimisation? :-S

Nope. Ease of use, more efficient use of hardware. DX12 can be good many times, but not as good as PS API, nor Vulkan. Didn't changed my tune. Stop spinning my words, Xbox fan.

That's LITERALLY optimisation you're talking about. You've just self owned. :-S

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

Not even all mighty PC with can't beat GT7.

LOL. Ligthing is so damn DULL in Forza.

Also, track can be wet WITHOUT puddles. And also, reflections in GT7 are proper one, Xboy :

https://www.startnews.hr/media/cache/upload/Photo/2020/11/15/profimedia-0569125677_biggalleryimage.jpg

Anyway, Xboy

Till next almighty Xbox with one and only RDNA 3 or 4 and what not.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

Anyway, Xboy

GT7 absolutely DESTROYED. And me being a PS fan, it doesn't bother me at all, as I enjoy the game. What is your PSN ID so we can race together?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

Anyway, Xboy

GT7 absolutely DESTROYED. And me being a PS fan, it doesn't bother me at all, as I enjoy the game. What is your PSN ID so we can race together?

You're not an PS fan. Also, trying to hide behind PC too. FM7 and FH5 abolutely demolished by even GTS, let alone GT7. Till next allmighty Xbox :

Mind you that Turn 10 said that FM7 on X1X has detailes beyond PC version.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Anyway, Xboy

You're not an PS fan. Also, trying to hide behind PC too. FM7 and FH5 abolutely demolished by even GTS, let alone GT7. Till next allmighty Xbox :

What is your PSN ID so we can jam together in GT7. It would be fun to race to see who is better.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mowgly1

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Elden Ring also performs better on the PS5 than the PC, so what does that say about the developer?

Which means PS API is the best for developers. Not some crappy DX12

What did you say earlier? "PS5 version = it is not so well optimized. Pathetic excuse."

Nope. Ease of use, more efficient use of hardware. DX12 can be good many times, but not as good as PS API, nor Vulkan. Didn't changed my tune. Stop spinning my words, Xbox fan.

Nope. It is ease of use to make a game. Optimization comes later

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:

What is your PSN ID so we can jam together in GT7. It would be fun to race to see who is better.

I don't play nice with Xbox fan. I will just ram into you.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

THAT IS OPTIMISATION. It happens at EVERY stage.

ESPECIALLY at the API level. For example, one of the new features of DX12 over DX11 is to have all CPU cores able to communicate with the GPU instead of just one. Can you not see how integral the API is for software optimisation?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mowgly1

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I've talked about ease of use of API to make a game which PS API is. Not about optimization. Anyway, only Xbox fans are bitching how game isn't optimized because Xbox version doesn't performs as PS version.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

I don't play nice with Xbox fan. I will just ram into you.

Ok, well we can just compare trophies together then. From one PS fan to another PS fan, what is your PSN ID?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

ESPECIALLY at the API level. For example, one of the new features of DX12 over DX11 is to have all CPU cores able to communicate with the GPU instead of just one. Can you not see how integral the API is for software optimisation?

I've talked about ease of use of API to make a game which PS API is. Not about optimization. Anyway, only Xbox fans are bitching how game isn't optimized because Xbox version doesn't performs as PS version.

I added to my post after you responded above.

No, you just literally just admitted the importance of it by admitting it's benefit to Elden Ring. There is no getting around this and there's no getting out of it.

"ease of use to make a game" IS OPTIMIZATION. It's the API, the development tools, the engine, etc. At every level is optimisation. It's not just the polish at the end. The API is integral to how optimised the game will be, that's the base for all the code and how it interacts.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

No, you just literally just admitted the importance of it by admitting it's benefit to Elden Ring. There is no getting around this and there's no getting out of it.

"ease of use to make a game" IS OPTIMIZATION. It's the API, the development tools, the engine, etc. At every level is optimisation. It's not just the polish at the end. The API is integral to how optimised the game will be, that's the base for all the code and how it interacts.

Optimization is one thing, ease of use to develop a game is another thing like how to code textures, lighting, physics. All you can done that without optimization and it can work. You can develop a game without optimization and you can develop a game with optimization with much ease of use of API to develop a game.

If i wanted to talk about API optimization and how game RUNS on a platform, i would talk about it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 KvallyX

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

Not sure why even bother with him. He doesn't even own a PS5 or gaming PC.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HalcyonScarlet

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Optimization is one thing, ease of use to develop a game is another thing. You can develop a game without optimization and you can develop a game with optimization with much ease of use to develop a game.

@Pedro Is he correct?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

man ive never seen so much ownage until this. The cows are trying to compare to fh5 LOL. GT7 looks no better than FM7 from 2017. Thats the power of 12 tflops, don't you cows forget it. 12 > 9.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 KvallyX

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

man ive never seen so much ownage until this. The cows are trying to compare to fh5 LOL. GT7 looks no better than FM7 from 2017. Thats the power of 12 tflops, don't you cows forget it. 12 > 9.

I will say that GT7 does look pretty good though. It's a fun little game.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mowgly1

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

You tried, Xboy

So, 1.84 TF >>>> 12.1 TF RDNA 2 one and only from space and what not.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@x_hedon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

PD have always been masters at reflection and lighting. If you look at past GT games, the models etc are not really much better than the competition, but their advaced lighting and reflections make it look very real. If I'm honest, I was half expecting in-game graphics to look almost photrealistic. I think FM8 will look as good as GT7.

FM8 will certainly benefit from being built to run natively on Xbox Series CPU and not last get Jag CPU like GT7.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 blaznwiipspman1

@HalcyonScarlet: you don't even have to look far. Compare any youtube video and unless your blind as a BAT, anyone can see within a fraction of a second that FH5 is simply on another level compared to the flop gt7. @mowgly is just trying too hard. He can't face the fact that 12tflop >> 9tflop.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 KvallyX

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@x_hedon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

PD have always been masters at reflection and lighting. If you look at past GT games, the models etc are not really much better than the competition, but their advaced lighting and reflections make it look very real. If I'm honest, I was half expecting in-game graphics to look almost photrealistic. I think FM8 will look as good.

It'll certainly benefit from being built to run natively on Xbox Series CPU and not last get Jag CPU like GT7.

PD's attention to detail is still unmatched in some areas compared to Turn 10 that is for sure. Model "accuracy" is one of them. When I am talking accuracy, I am saying things like stitching for example. Turn 10 might use a generic stitch on the dash of a C8 to make it look like leather stitching. Where as PD will go to the extreme of put the EXACT quantity of stitch loops into the dash.

I have said it before, GT is a virtual automotive encyclopedia of car gasms for people like me. I had more fun with GT Sport than I did with FM7 once PD released the campaign content for it.

I already have the same number of hours in GT7 in a week as I do with FH5 as of today. I have room for both, and I enjoy both.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
Loading Video...

You tried, Xboy

FM7 max PC settings in that video does look about the same. That's embarrassing for GT7. :-S

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#125 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70441 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

Optimization is one thing, ease of use to develop a game is another thing. You can develop a game without optimization and you can develop a game with optimization with much ease of use to develop a game.

@Pedro Is he correct?

I am not sure what he is trying to communicate.😅

Series systems in their current state, sport many optimization tech that will aid in general gaming performance but they practically go on used. There is no game that I have found that uses the Velocity Architecture, Sampler Feedback or Mesh Shaders. There is a handful or less of games using Variable Rate Shading. The capabilities of VA, is demonstrated with Quick Resume. This all translates to games loading from the SSD as is. No texture loading acceleration and better memory management from Sampler Feedback and no game engine currently uses the new method of rendering geometry from using Mesh Shaders. Not even Xbox developed games. Microsoft is a software company that is dropping the ball on software. 😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

@Pedro Is he correct?

Series systems in their current state, sport many optimization tech that will aid in general gaming performance but they practically go on used. There is no game that I have found that uses the Velocity Architecture, Sampler Feedback or Mesh Shaders. There is a handful or less of games using Variable Rate Shading. The capabilities of VA, is demonstrated with Quick Resume. This all translates to games loading from the SSD as is. No texture loading acceleration and better memory management from Sampler Feedback and no game engine currently uses the new method of rendering geometry from using Mesh Shaders. Not even Xbox developed games. Microsoft is a software company that is dropping the ball on software. 😂

First he said "optimisation" is a pathetic excuse. Then he uses Elden Ring as an example of the PS5 being better and why Xbox Series sucks. I point out that Elden Ring on PS5 performs better than the PC and he comes back with the PS5 having a better API ironically.

Now he's saying that the API doesn't count as optimisations. :-S

Anyway, I think that now MS are phasing out Xbox One development, for example with FM8, I think they might start to use some of these optimisations. Who knows? But that might not make sense, because they'll always develop for the PC as well. Not sure what their plan is.

I don't think they're going to push current gen consoles while still developing for last gen consoles. While they can scale, if you think about it, last gen base consoles are equivalents to the GTX 750Ti. It's probably not just about capability but also the cost on the business side of making games for last gen consoles and then somehow making a significantly better looking/performing versions for current gen consoles.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20246 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

Did you guys notice that this is not Forza on an Xbox but on a PC at ultra?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By KvallyX

@Zero_epyon: indeed. It’s right on the YouTube thumbnail that this is a 5 year old discontinued game on Ultra PC settings. There are non PC videos and images in the post as well.

It looks great in 4K and 60fps on Series X too:

https://youtu.be/dsef25qMU4E

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39753 Posts

This thread proves that GT7 is so damn far ahead of FH5. Ratchet, Demon's Remake, GT7 and HFW are absolutely clapping the shit outta anything available on the X. 12tflops for what?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Zero_epyon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Loading Video...

Did you guys notice that this is not Forza on an Xbox but on a PC at ultra?

Of course, but it's still a last gen 2017 game, vs current gen 2022 PS5 game. :-S

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Zero_epyon

@x_hedon said:

@Zero_epyon: indeed. It’s right on the YouTube thumbnail that this is a 5 year old discontinued game on Ultra PC settings. There are non PC videos and images in the post as well.

It looks great in 4K and 60fps on Series X too:

https://youtu.be/dsef25qMU4E

It definitely has a decent aesthetic.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
Loading Video...

You tried, Xboy

FM7 max PC settings in that video does look about the same. That's embarrassing for GT7. :-S

Didn't Turn 10 claimed that FM7 on X1X has setting beyond PC version with some room to spare years ago? Oh yes, they did, but GTS looks better than FM7 on X1X, Xboy.

Anyway : DF claimed that FM7 on X1X and on PC are the same ( difference is AA, but all other settings are the same.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-forza-motorsport-7-demo-comparison

So, yeah, GTS>FM7 on X1X and PC. GT7 dwarfs all of them

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mowgly1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-forza-motorsport-7-demo-comparison

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

@Pedro Is he correct?

First he said "optimisation" is a pathetic excuse. Then he uses Elden Ring as an example of the PS5 being better and why Xbox Series sucks. I point out that Elden Ring on PS5 performs better than the PC and he comes back with the PS5 having a better API ironically.

Anyway, I think that now MS are phasing out Xbox One development, for example with FM8, I think they might start to use some of these optimisations. Who knows? But that might not make sense, because they'll always develop for the PC as well. Not sure what their plan is.

I don't think they're going to push current gen consoles while still developing for last gen consoles. While they can scale, if you think about it, last gen base consoles are equivalents to the GTX 750Ti. It's probably not just about capability but also the cost on the business side of making games for last gen consoles and then somehow making a significantly better looking/performing versions for current gen consoles.

Twisting my words i see. I've mentioned API in meaning of ease of use for making games, not optimization. That's another thing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By KvallyX

@mowgly1: you are not ok

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You tried, Xboy

Didn't Turn 10 claimed that FM7 on X1X has setting beyond PC version with some room to spare years ago? Oh yes, they did, but GTS looks better than FM7 on X1X, Xboy.

Anyway : DF claimed that FM7 on X1X and on PC are the same ( difference is AA, but all other settings are the same.

You can quote that BS all you want. The video STILL has it looking similar. :-S

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 blaznwiipspman1

@HalcyonScarlet: a big part of DF being such a cow site is because of that moron John Lindemann. Anyone can tell gt7 is getting its ass wooped by fm 2017, let alone fh5 of today, just with one look. You don't even need to look that hard and fh5 looks better. Maybe the car models look better or the cockpit view, but even this is a stretch. He will zoom in 5x to show the headlight has more detail, while ignoring the ugly grass and ps3 level environments

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

Twisting my words i see. I've mentioned API in meaning of ease of use for making games, not optimization. That's another thing.

Nothing got twisted, you got caught out using the optimisation argument when it suited you. You self-owned and you don't want to admit it.

If a low level API has better features and is "easier to use", then that is the primary stage of optimisation. You are literally saying Elden Ring performs better on the PS5, because the quality of the low level API has lead to better optimisation. But you don't want to finish the sentence. If the game is performing better, it is better optimised. :-S

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 HalcyonScarlet

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: a big part of DF being such a cow site is because of that moron John Lindemann. Anyone can tell gt7 is getting its ass wooped by fm 2017, let alone fh5 of today, just with one look. You don't even need to look that hard and fh5 looks better. Maybe the car models look better or the cockpit view, but even this is a stretch. He will zoom in 5x to show the headlight has more detail, while ignoring the ugly grass and ps3 level environments

It's true. John Lindemann can examine it like a nerd all day long, but side by side, GT7 on the PS5 looks more or less the same as a last gen 2017 game on ultra on the PC.

Each game has a bit of an advantage over another in different areas, but nothing major.

DF can wax lyrical about the emperors new clothes all they want, but the side by side video shows emperor isn't wearing any new clothes.

Everyone is meant to pretend their eyes are lying?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

Some hard-core coping 👆👆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#140 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70441 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: DF has a tendency of being full of shit. Their personal bias infects their commentary on the regular and they try to mask the blatant bias under the guise of objectivity.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Lems on full damage control at the moment 🤣

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Zero_epyon

@Chutebox said:

Some hard-core coping 👆👆

It's a sight to behold.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#143 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Are people seriously high fiving each other over GT7 being better looking than a game from five years ago?

I mean...congrats?

GT's lighting, shading and car models are all top notch for sure but playing it on my PS5 right now, I can't help but notice that the track details are still oddly bland and lifeless, like they've never seen a day of racing. And yes, I know there are the requisite tire marks and the like but the finer details are still lacking in my view. Comparing this side by side with FM7, I'm hard-pressed to find anything that significant in GT7's favor, at least not until I zoom in on the car models, which, like I said, really are fantastic up close.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Chutebox said:

Some hard-core coping 👆👆

If you're calling me out, you are welcome to explain to everyone how their eyes are lying to them with the side by side video.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Pedro said:

@HalcyonScarlet: DF has a tendency of being full of shit. Their personal bias infects their commentary on the regular and they try to mask the blatant bias under the guise of objectivity.

The funny thing is, I was being objective watching the video. Didn't expect that, I bought the hype that GT7 would be better looking. I was actually expecting it to be photorealistic given the PS5s power.

Truth is, GT7 was held back for the PS4. The PS5 version is the PS4 version on ultra settings, and it looks similar to FM7, a Xbox One game on ultra settings on the PC.

There's really no need for the pretence of what GT7 is and is not.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 HalcyonScarlet
@vfighter said:

It's the cows getting owned here. With ease. Damage control would be what the losing side is doing, but the cows arguments keep falling flat.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 HalcyonScarlet

@The_Game21x said:

Are people seriously high fiving each other over GT7 being better looking than a game from five years ago?

I mean...congrats?

GT's lighting, shading and car models are all top notch for sure but playing it on my PS5 right now, I can't help but notice that the track details are still oddly bland and lifeless, like they've never seen a day of racing. And yes, I know there are the requisite tire marks and the like but the finer details are still lacking in my view. Comparing this side by side with FM7, I'm hard-pressed to find anything that significant in GT7's favor, at least not until I zoom in on the car models, which, like I said, really are fantastic up close.

Exactly. I'm not even saying one is significantly better than the other. They look similar. Each with small advantages over the other in different areas, but they look more or less the same.

And the problem with arguing for the magnified details is, for the majority of the game, which is the gameplay, it's not significant enough to notice while playing.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

You tried, Xboy

You can quote that BS all you want. The video STILL has it looking similar. :-S

Oh, Digital Foundry's statement is bullshit. So, excuse that game isn't optimized on Xbox if runs worse than a PS version and excuse that Digital Foundry statement is bullshit when game ( GTS )on a weaker hardware ( PS4 ) provides better visuals than a game ( FM7 ) on a much stronger hardware ( X1X and PC ). Pathetic, Xboy

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Exactly. I'm not even saying one is significantly better than the other. They look similar. Each with small advantages over the other in different areas, but they look more or less the same.

And the problem with arguing for the magnified details is, for the majority of the game, which is the gameplay, it's not significant enough to notice while playing.

Trying to do some damage control. As Xboy fans are doing this. Xbox fans are synonym for spreading false propaganda and spin, just like Russia is doing during this war.

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vfighter said:

It's the cows getting owned here. With ease. Damage control would be what the losing side is doing, but the cows arguments keep falling flat.

You, Xbox fans are owned since 2002 and after 20 years still in huge denial. Brainwashed and corrupted, rotten and hypocritical community to its core

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

Nothing got twisted, you got caught out using the optimisation argument when it suited you. You self-owned and you don't want to admit it.

If a low level API has better features and is "easier to use", then that is the primary stage of optimisation. You are literally saying Elden Ring performs better on the PS5, because the quality of the low level API has lead to better optimisation. But you don't want to finish the sentence. If the game is performing better, it is better optimised. :-S

I'm not caught in anything, Xbox spinner. I've talked about ease of use making games on PS API. Optimization is another thing.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 mowgly1

@vfighter said:

Not surprised. It is Xbox.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 mowgly1

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You literally opened a Digital Foundry thread in the last few months, now you are bitching about them because Xbox versions doesn't perform well as the PS5 version. Pathetic HYPOCRITE