User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20125 Posts

Resolution

• PS5 - Dynamic 4K (1152p-2160p)
  • Series X - Dynamic 4K (1440p-2160p)
  • Series S - 1080p-1440p

Visuals

• PS5/Series X are nearly identical with PS5 offering an edge in shadow quality
  • Series S uses lower grass and texture quality, but shows are identical to Series X

Performance

Stress Test: Multiple cars in view in intense weather conditions

• PS5 - Holds 60fps with a couple of random 1fps dips. Stress tests can bring the framerate down to the mid 50's
  • Series X - Holds 60 fps most of the time in light weather and with fewer cars on screen. Otherwise, consistently dips below 60fps into the high 50's. When weather is introduced, the perfomance can dip into the high 40's. In stress tests, the framerate can dip below even further and can bottom out around 30 fps, especially during replays
  • Series S - Performs like the Series X

Loading times

• Series S|X - ~8 seconds
  • PS5- ~12 seconds

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

That X/S SecretSauce SSD really killin it. ;o

:P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

I wonder why the Series X has the discrepancy here? I am not a game dev, so I have no idea.

@SecretPolice said:

Is the game using XVA?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

PS5 desperately needs VRR so those 1fps drops don't show

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

@x_hedon:

Haven't a clue, sorry.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

so again ps5 performance wins again.

so the console with less bottlenecks wins again.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Xbox wins again. No shock here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

@gifford38 said:

How does it have less bottlenecks?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gifford38

@SecretPolice said:

its because this game is made around hdd. it seems like once these games goes to next gen compression the ps5 wins. like elder ring and most games that are in the krakken format.

i think over all the series x loads faster. once it goes next gen compression format the ps5 is faster.

not sure why. ps5 might be made around the krakken format.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

its because this game is made around hdd. it seems like once these games goes to next gen compression the ps5 wins. like elder ring and most games that are in the krakken format.

i think over all the series x loads faster. once it goes next gen compression format the ps5 is faster.

Do you have data comparing the compression of Krakken vs BCPack?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

How does it have less bottlenecks?

i don't know ask the developers.

its clear the ps5 was made around less bottlenecks.

but im always full of shit in system wars.

even if its clear and has been said from developers.

why most games lately are working better on ps5 even if its less powerful.

its clear that the ps5 is easier to develop for.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gifford38
@mesome713 said:

how? it drop in performance mode to 30 fps.

is it just resolution you look at?

• Series X - Holds 60 fps most of the time in light weather and with fewer cars on screen. Otherwise, consistently dips below 60fps into the high 50's. When weather is introduced, the perfomance can dip into the high 40's. In stress tests, the framerate can dip below even further and can bottom out around 30 fps, especially during replay.

ps5 even has better shadows.

so how does the series x wins? because it automatically wins in your head?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

Richard Ledbetter (Digital Foundry) suggests that there is still a problem with Microsofts Development API. Seems like MS needs to get it together, its been over a year already

Richard Leadbetter said:Every single developer I've spoken to developing for PS5 has been evangelising how easy it is to work for, Its essentially the same development environment as PS4 and you scale up from there, for the new powers, the features and whatnot. I can't stress enough how happy developers seem to be with this situation
Richard Leadbetter at said:There is simply no doubt that the XSX on paper, the more powerful machine. However again, speaking to developers the development environment they are dealing with some people seem to be extremely happy with it, other people are having problems with it because they've moved away from what was previously the XDK which was specific for the Xbox to the GDK which is a more general environment for PC and for Xbox and even Xbox one is encompassed by the GDK

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

im trying to figure out why on earth do ps5 version of games loads faster than series x but last gen games that are not updated or some multiplat form games the series x loads faster.

I don't have the answer im trying to figure out why.

its clear the ps5 ssd is faster. look at ps4 games redone in ps5 format. it barely has any loading. yet that same game ps4 version loads only twice as fast as the hhd on the ps5.

but its clear once the games goes krakken it loads super fast does it not?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

geez..how could such an ugly looking game like this perform as poorly as it does on xbox, while forza horizon 5 has no issues at all. Its the fault of the devs, thats what im getting.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6909 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@mesome713 said:

how? it drop in performance mode to 30 fps.

is it just resolution you look at?

• Series X - Holds 60 fps most of the time in light weather and with fewer cars on screen. Otherwise, consistently dips below 60fps into the high 50's. When weather is introduced, the perfomance can dip into the high 40's. In stress tests, the framerate can dip below even further and can bottom out around 30 fps, especially during replay.

ps5 even has better shadows.

so how does the series x wins? because it automatically wins in your head?

It doesn't. But when were over a year in and the series X is repetedly losing head to heads you must find a way to cope somehow.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

im trying to figure out why on earth do ps5 version of games loads faster than series x but last gen games that are not updated or some multiplat form games the series x loads faster.

its clear the ps5 ssd is faster. look at ps4 games redone in ps5 format. it barely has any loading. yet that same game ps4 version loads only twice as fast as the hhd on the ps5.

If the PS5 SSD is clearly faster then why are older games loading faster on the Series X|S when raw speed is all that these old games can use without a game update?

Why are some newer games loading faster on the PS5 and other times faster on the Series X|S?

Quick Resume demonstrates that no game on the Series X|S should be loading longer than 6 seconds. But, many are. For example, a game can take 60 seconds to load but, if you use quick resume, it would clock ~ 6 seconds and that is with offloading what is in memory and loading back into memory. It is pretty clear to me that games are generally not using Direct Storage on the Series systems which makes the feature pretty much useless outside of Quick Resume in its current state.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gifford38

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

geez..how could such an ugly looking game like this perform as poorly as it does on xbox, while forza horizon 5 has no issues at all. Its the fault of the devs, thats what im getting.

well one developer has been working with xbox consoles. the other is a pc only developer I believe.

love how if the game runs better on ps5 its the developers fault.

better on the series x its the hardware and not the developer.

when you going to realize on paper is not everything. developers are having a easier time with ps5 running there code.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:

@x_hedon:

Haven't a clue, sorry.

What the hell are you good for then?!?!?!

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1

@gifford38 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

well one developer has been working with xbox consoles. the other is a pc only developer I believe.

love how if the game runs better on ps5 its the developers fault.

better on the series x its the hardware and not the developer.

when you going to realize on paper is not everything. developers are having a easier time with ps5 running there code.

the game looks like ass though. If turn10/PG studios can get a game like fh5 to look and run on the xbox smoothly at 60fps and 4k, then other devs have no excuse except their own incompetence.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KvallyX
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Seems like it depends on the developer. PS5 loads games super fast, especially first party. Same as Xbox Series. The load times in Forza Horizon 5 are instant on Series X/S, but they are LONG on Xbox One.

Every game and every developer is different.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

If the PS5 SSD is clearly faster then why are older games loading faster on the Series X|S when raw speed is all that these old games can use without a game update?

Why are some newer games loading faster on the PS5 and other times faster on the Series X|S?

Quick Resume demonstrates that no game on the Series X|S should be loading longer than 6 seconds. But, many are. For example, a game can take 60 seconds to load but, if you use quick resume, it would clock ~ 6 seconds and that is with offloading what is in memory and loading back into memory. It is pretty clear to me that games are generally not using Direct Storage on the Series systems which makes the feature pretty much useless outside of Quick Resume in its current state.

i get that part. the fast resume. but how can xbox get faster loading when its speed is half of ps5 on games like this?

why does it seem its just krakken compression games that seems to have very little loading if any on the ps5?

its like the ps5 i/o was made around krakken format.

yet on elder ring its half the time as the series x.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Xbox wins

Bu bu bu

simple facts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

i get that part. the fast resume. but how can xbox get faster loading when its speed is half of ps5 on games like this?

why does it seem its just krakken compression games that seems to have very little loading if any on the ps5?

Elden Ring faster load times on the PS5 is most likely because it is using Krakken. I don't know of any game that uses Direct Storage (Velocity Engine Architecture) on the Series X|S. Which means MS has dropped the ball with developer support.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blaznwiipspman1

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

buddy, elder ring isn't half the time of xbox series x because of any issue with the xbox. Its the issue with the devs. I showed a youtube video...even the PS4 version loads under 20 seconds, which is the same time as the xbox series x and s. Basically it just means the devs put that much time into making the ps4/ps5 games proper while doing little for the xbox.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

This is still a last gen game at heart, so that is why this BC game is loading faster on Xbox.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Zero_epyon

From what I've seen so far this gen, whenever the PS5 loses to Series in loading times, it was because the apps weren't native. The PS5 would use the CPU to load and decompress textures instead of using the dedicated hardware. The Series consoles have higher clocked CPUs which could explain the time differences.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11132 Posts

Series X is embarrassing sometimes. When people suggest buying a whole VRR enabled TV just so the frame rate won't look like complete ass, you know it's a fail. That 70 bil they wasted spent on CoD should have gone to creating a dream console instead. MS is GOOFY!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pedro

Oh no! Butthurt Ben is here.🤣

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Series X is embarrassing sometimes. When people suggest buying a whole VRR enabled TV just so the frame rate won't look like complete ass, you know it's a fail. That 70 bil they wasted spent on CoD should have gone to creating a dream console instead. MS is GOOFY!

They should at least fix their dang dev tools. They're literally a software company lol.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pedro

@Zero_epyon: Xbox hasn't hosted a Xbox developer conference in over two years.😑

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

@Zero_epyon: Xbox hasn't hosted a Xbox developer conference in over two years.😑

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

PS5 desperately needs VRR so those 1fps drops don't show

Incredible how the PS5 STILL doesn't have VRR...

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Smart move in Sony by not changing too much on the development environment between PS4 and PS5. Even with the inferior hardware, having developers already familiarised with it is a huge advantage.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#37  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

Good to see it getting an update on consoles. Still not as good as PC version. Speaking of... there is currently a sim racing bundle that includes ACC and some other good racing games for super cheap ($16.54 CAD).....

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/ultimate-racing-sim-bundle?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_3_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_ultimateracingsimbundle_bundle

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Seems like there this resolution scaling standard that series X is expected to hit. Right now its struggling a bit more to hit that standard compare to ps5 lower standard. They just need to stick to ps5 standard and the game will run even better then ps5. On the other hand maybe they are doing it to service the folks with vrr displays.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@simple-facts: Simply-wrong yet again 😂

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: Ugly looking game?

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1256 Posts

Finally, a better sim racer for consoles gets updated.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zero_epyon

@BassMan said:

Good to see it getting an update on consoles. Still not as good as PC version. Speaking of... there is currently a sim racing bundle that includes ACC and some other good racing games for super cheap ($16.54).....

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/ultimate-racing-sim-bundle?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_3_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_ultimateracingsimbundle_bundle

Good lord!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BassMan

@Zero_epyon: Yeah, it is an insane deal. I love Humble Bundle. They always come out with these crazy bundles for peanuts.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@vfighter: its not ugly....its butt ugly...ass ugly.

hideous. Hideously disgusting.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: Oh you're probably in the wrong thread, this isn't the Halo Infinite thread.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@vfighter: not really. It's obvious these devs don't know shit about the xbox. I'd have to say most devs don't know how to code for the xbox and make half ass effort. Good thing MS bought out half the industry and they dont need to worry about this going forward. They'll have to learn to develop for the xbox properly and use the full 12 tflop like turn10, playground games, asobo and 343.

Forza Horizon 5 looks 10 times better, is an open world, doesn't have billboard trees, doesnt have flat grass and doesn't have such poor environmental effects. One look at this game and its obviously an upres last gen game. Forza motorsport is releasing later this year, and not only that it's going to be dedicated for the xbox and pc. Turn10/PG will show these half ass devs how to really make a racing game

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BassMan

Not sure what you guys are going on about. ACC is a good looking game. At least on PC anyway.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zero_epyon

@BassMan: agreed. A took the 4 game deal because I already have ACC. Which is a nice looking game on my PC as well.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By VFighter

@BassMan: Oh I agree, it definitely looks good. Blaznwii is just going on one of his alcohol infused trolling rants.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KvallyX

@vfighter said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Oh you're probably in the wrong thread, this isn't the Halo Infinite thread.