Developers are dumbfounded at how amazing TLOU2 looks.

• 105 results
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8502 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@tgob89: Did you watch that video? There are dozens of differences between the two! For starters the fog, shadow and particle quality is night and day. Then the kids fur on his jacket and Kratos's beard moves a ton in the reveal but not (or barely) in the final version. The fire in the final version also looks to be running at a half fps or something. It's real choppy looking. The bosses facial animations in that death sequence were toned down to damn near 0. Depth of field seems to be completely disabled in the final build and the foliage is far less dense when the kid holds the knife to the animal. Like almost non-existent...

You're right, no evidence of a downgrade at all

Don't, don't do that. I'm convinced there's no way in hell you can make cows to look at things objectively, they defend their 'precious exclusives' even when the devs of the said game have ome out and admitted of showing pre-rendered trailers for gameplay. Just look at the post above you a guy is claiming TLOU's AI and encounter didn't downgrade in the final build since their was no outcry about it like there was ever any for any downgrade by cows. But if you see the comments after TLOU's first gameplay reveal the same cows hyping the dynamic AI and listing how it can be used to make each encounter distinct while giving multiple ways to achieve the objective, they were also making fun of Dishonored at that time that it will make it look primitive.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Why do fanboys defend this game so hard? It will be awesome, but anyone should be able to admit that whole hide in the bushes, hide behind furniture and not be noticed thing was pretty bad.

Also, I'd bet over 75% of gamers would not have been able to be sneaky that long, and would have started attacking the enemies at that moment when it was Ellie and 2 of them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58443 Posts

@tgob89: the saddest thing about this is A.) you think I ultimately care (I don't), and B.) you think it actually matters (it doesn't). They're just games, dude. It's why I still play games from the 90's and modern games with low-budget graphics, because it's all about the gameplay.

I'm not judging the games, man, I'm just saying you all better restrain your hype and expectations. I hope it looks better than it does at E3, that'd be pretty wicked. But it probably won't. Has nothing to do with my personal preferences.

@recloud said:

@mrbojangles25: nah, hermits cry on all PS4 exclusives threads when Sony kicks their $1000 PCs ass

Yeah, we cry. All three or four times per year PS4 gets an exclusive worth a damn :D "Hey Horizon Zero Dawn looks fun, wish it came to PC. Ah well, time to play the million other games as good if not better than Horizon on PC"

Moving on.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@tgob89 said:

Yes there are differences...but the claim is downgrade and your excuses don't show that.

You think the removal of depth of field, foliage, shadow quality etc are "differences" and not "downgrades"? This is the kind of delusion I'm talking about.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

oh and its edgy too with all the violence, nice change!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Developers said the same thing about Crash Bandicoot 23 years ago at E3 1995.