Destiny Beta Now Open to All

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#101 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Open to everyone.... if you have gold.

Still way better than a scottpsfan14 thread.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

I've visited Bungie.net for the first time with this beta.. Man, that place should be called whiner.net.

Not surprised though.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@super600 said:

@silversix_ said:

@super600 said:

The beta is pretty good and kinda hard at times especially when I play the explore missions. I hate having to face level 8+ enemies in the explore mission.I found a decent, but not perfect weapon combination to take out higher level enemies anyway. I die a lot at times when I play the beta.

are you under level8? Because i personally thought and hope the final game is much much harder than what is available in the beta. This game needs at least two or preferably 3 more difficulties or getting that rare loot isn't even gonna be worth it since you can do anything with Uncommon items. If you're starting from level 1, solo and do the campaign on hard (enemies normally higher than you're) then yes its difficult but that's because you don't have any good weapons yet and play solo. With descent weapons and played in co-op there's zero challenge anywhere in the beta but pvp but that doesn't exactly count.

I'm actually over level 8 now. The only mission that still gives me an issue at level 8 is the explore mission.Especially that section with multiple level 8+ enemies since I mostly play solo.

Max level is 8, how are you over level 8?

I actually meant I'm at level 8 right now in the beta. It doesn't take that long to reach level 8.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By freedomfreak  Online

They opened up the Moon.

It's pretty cool.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

daaaaayum that Circle of Bones cave is bigger than all Skyrim dungeons combined and its not even fully opened.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@silversix_ said:

daaaaayum that Circle of Bones cave is bigger than all Skyrim dungeons combined and its not even fully opened.

True that, got lost in that bitch, did manage take out two level 12 Hallowed Knights though, fun fun fun.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

The Moon mission was a great mission, very fun.

@silversix_ said:

Each map should be massive (size of Halo: Reach)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 freedomfreak  Online

Moon mission was nice.

Giving some classic Halo vehicle combat. Yeah, bring on Destiny.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#110 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I can't get into this game. I guess it's the way it controls is what's putting me off. I wish there were more games that had the feel Killzone 2 had going on.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Moon mission felt more like Halo than old Russia. That's a good thing. And the music was awesome. Keeping my pre-order.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

I can't get into this game. I guess it's the way it controls is what's putting me off. I wish there were more games that had the feel Killzone 2 had going on.

Try STALKER maybe, a more weighted feel akin to Killzone.

Being completely honest though, unique gameplay was all Killzone has going for it -- but I don't want to derail this thread.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Guess I missed out on the Moon :(

Got off of work a little later. I'm jelly.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I've visited Bungie.net for the first time with this beta.. Man, that place should be called whiner.net.

Not surprised though.

it is the worst gaming community i have ever come across.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

killed me about 4 level 9 ogres, 2 level 12 hallowed knights, 1 lvl 12 shrieker, and a shitton of other things exploring those caves. got a jade rabbit emblem though.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

I don't own any console but my friend let me download and play it on his one. I've got to level 5 and must say I am so impressed. Really fun so far.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So it looks like this game isn't gonna be anywhere near as big as normal mmo's or PSO is. There's gonna be only one explorable location per planet, Old Russia on Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars. So we've pretty much seen half the explorable content before this game comes out lol. There will be SIX strikes. one on earth, one on Moon, two on Venus and two on Mars (one being exclusive to sony). Also there will be only one raid as i sadly expected. I believe this because it makes perfect sense and can see $20 dlc being spammed by Activision such as a new planet for $20 and so on.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#119 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So it looks like this game isn't gonna be anywhere near as big as normal mmo's or PSO is. There's gonna be only one explorable location per planet, Old Russia on Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars. So we've pretty much seen half the explorable content before this game comes out lol. There will be SIX strikes. one on earth, one on Moon, two on Venus and two on Mars (one being exclusive to sony). Also there will be only one raid as i sadly expected. I believe this because it makes perfect sense and can see $20 dlc being spammed by Activision such as a new planet for $20 and so on.

Yeah, I am incredibly disappointed by this. I have been having a blast in the beta, but was expecting more than one region per planet. All that talk about flying through the rings of Saturn, when you can't even fly your ship and total freedom with actual explorable geometry in the distance turned out to be complete and utter lies as well. As for the extra areas we have heard about, I'm sure you are correct. These will be sold as expansions and $60 will basically just be an entry point for a base amount of content that is nothing like what we were told. I'm seriously considering just waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Moon mission was the best part of the beta (PVE wise). It was so boring until that.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Very disappointed with this. The world is so lifeless and lacks any depth, as does the gameplay. There is nothing interesting to find and all of the NPCs are just vendors. My big fear was that this game would be a shallow experience like Borderlands but it is even worse than that! Very little enemy variety too and the side missions are so repetitive. I was literally sent to the same location on 4 different side quests where my objective was to stand on a pipe until a bar filled up. What the hell were they thinking? Massively disappointing game.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#122 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I'm actually starting to warm up to this game now. Still don't think I would spent $60 on this though.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#123 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Open to everyone.... if you have gold.

Still way better than a scottpsfan14 thread.

truth.