crytek: vigil working on new IP darksiders laid to rest

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26209 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony.zeeshanhaider

Crytek is letting them do their own project. They aren't forcing anything on them. If what they wanted to work on was an FPS, so be it.

But keeping Crytek's strategy in mind, it could as well be F2P.

Possibly. I really want to see what that Crawler project was because they sounded extremely enthusiastic over it. Hopefully it's a continuation of it. And with CE3 we'll finally get good character shadows! :D

Also, SSM was interested in Vigil devs but we don't know where many went. There are a lot of local devs they probably tried to go to.

#52 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Well that's kinda sad to hear. I am currently playing through the first Darksiders and loving it. Got it free on PS+ and like it enough to plan on buying both 1 and 2 on PC.ionusX

on the console version in the wurm sands theres a way to clone enemies till you have seas of enemies. it can kill a ps3's cpu

yeah.........Not seeing the reason for wanting to do that.
#53 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5537 posts) -

I liked Darksiders quite a bit, but I actually like them creating their own IP even more. These guys know how to make a good game, so they are bound to put out something good.

#54 Posted by Silenthps (7278 posts) -
Did they even have the rights to Darksiders?
#55 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Well that's kinda sad to hear. I am currently playing through the first Darksiders and loving it. Got it free on PS+ and like it enough to plan on buying both 1 and 2 on PC.AmazonTreeBoa

on the console version in the wurm sands theres a way to clone enemies till you have seas of enemies. it can kill a ps3's cpu

yeah.........Not seeing the reason for wanting to do that.

its also a gud way to farm souls u can get unlocks on the pc within 20 minutes that would normally take the cosnole player several hours b/c their cpu's cant ahndle that many enmies in one place

#56 Posted by Wasdie (50267 posts) -

So apparently they are continuing to work on that one IP that the vigil dev said they had been working on for a few months. 

#57 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16987 posts) -

No !!

I really liked Darksiders, I hope crytek plans to make another action/adventure with that studio 

i bet its a shooter.campzor

"Shooters are our strategy" -Crytek

Oh well, even if its a shooter I'm glad these people still got jobs :)

#58 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16987 posts) -

I love crytek. They said they expected Crysis on PC and Crysis 2 on multiple platforms to sell more, meanwhile they own all these studios now:

Crytek UK
Crytek USA
Crytek Ukraine
Crytek Black Sea
Crytek Budapest
Crytek South Korea
Crytek Istanbul
Crytek Shanghai

:P

#59 Posted by dommeus (9396 posts) -

The Darksiders mythos was getting pretty silly anyway. They should try and keep the next game simpler. I don't want to have to remember 50 names half way through a game.

#60 Posted by jman1553 (1318 posts) -
This is what happens when instead of making the sequel that you should have made turns into a side-story. "Buh-buh we were going to make a 4 player co-op sequel in the next game at 120fps and 1080p..." No tricking me, Vigil.
#61 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -
F*ck crytekIAmNot_fun
#62 Posted by Vatusus (4807 posts) -

wtf? Wasnt Darksiders II starting to make a profit? If so then its a profitable series, why not continue it? Sh*t, another unfinished series like Shenmue...

F*ck this sh*t

#63 Posted by glez13 (8892 posts) -

Did they even have the rights to Darksiders?Silenthps

Nope.

#64 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Hopefully this isn't a free-to-play game, as correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Crytek stated Crysis 3 would be their last non-free to play game. 

#65 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Vigils first job should be to fix the broken and unplayable DLC's for Darksiders 2,then by all means start work on a new project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#66 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -
lol vigil
#67 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

wtf? Wasnt Darksiders II starting to make a profit?Vatusus

Yeah, they just barely broke even, months after launch. Real hot property.

#68 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9105 posts) -

Darn! Darksiders was one of the finest new IPs last gen. It completely outdid God of War and did better than Zelda in a lot of ways IMHO.

#69 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony.razgriz_101
Yeah, since they've hired so many non-FPS developers just to force them to work on FPS. You know, like that one time when that happened.
#70 Posted by Silenthps (7278 posts) -

Hopefully this isn't a free-to-play game, as correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Crytek stated Crysis 3 would be their last non-free to play game. 

Vari3ty
I have a feeling that considering the circumstances and the unexpected nature of thq closing, that this new ip and probably homefront 2 as well, wont be F2P.