crytek: vigil working on new IP darksiders laid to rest

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

there will be no darksiders III. crytek doesnt want them making more darksiders. they are however letting them create a new IP that they themselves design from the ground up. so expect something but not darksiders. we have no idea what that something is but it will be "radically different"

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/05/crytek-vigil-no-darksiders-iii/

goodnight sweet prince you will be missed..

big_boss__s_salute___mgs3_by_rainedrebel

best of luck with the new Ip though

#2 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Fine. They don't need the Darksiders IP to make a Zelda/Metroidvania game. I bet the new IP isn't one of those, but they can always revisit the genre in the future.
#3 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

Just like Free Radical (now Crytek UK) and TimeSplitters.

#4 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
F*ck crytek
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i bet its a shooter.
#6 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

It's probably a continuation of that Crawler project they were working on.

#7 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Still have to play Darksiders but I probably won't enjoy them so I'm looking forward to their new IP.
#8 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Wish I could have played through Darksiders. I had the free version downloaded on PS3 but my PS Plus membership ran out before I could play it.

#9 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Still have to play Darksiders but I probably won't enjoy them so I'm looking forward to their new IP.tagyhag
u hate zelda/god of war esque games?

#10 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Still have to play Darksiders but I probably won't enjoy them so I'm looking forward to their new IP.ionusX

u hate zelda/god of war esque games?

Not hate, just get really bored with them. I've tried to like them but it never comes to me. Zelda's music is fantastic though.
#11 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

Darksiders was never really that good anyway.

#12 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Neon_Noir

i had fun and thought the 1st one somewhat challenging on harder settings its also the BEST game to break your friends pleb console with thanks to the enemy spawn glitches

#13 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

Neon_Noir

Away with you. :evil:

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
Well that's kinda sad to hear. I am currently playing through the first Darksiders and loving it. Got it free on PS+ and like it enough to plan on buying both 1 and 2 on PC.
#16 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Well that's kinda sad to hear. I am currently playing through the first Darksiders and loving it. Got it free on PS+ and like it enough to plan on buying both 1 and 2 on PC.AmazonTreeBoa
on the console version in the wurm sands theres a way to clone enemies till you have seas of enemies. it can kill a ps3's cpu

#17 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

what the hell chubby? I'm not allowed to have opinions?Neon_Noir

Isn't that how it works?

#18 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"] what the hell chubby? I'm not allowed to have opinions?ChubbyGuy40

Isn't that how it works?

haha :lol:

#19 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"] what the hell chubby? I'm not allowed to have opinions?ChubbyGuy40

Isn't that how it works?

I hate nerdmits so much
#20 Posted by silversix_ (14790 posts) -
no1 will miss a game with WoW's art style.
#21 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Vigil gets to work on a new IP and Free Radical gets Crysis multiplayer duty. Fvcking hell.
#22 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Vigil gets to work on a new IP and Free Radical gets Crysis multiplayer duty. Fvcking hell.Zeviander
could be worse.. splash damage could make dirty bomb a multi-plat

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (47249 posts) -
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The end of Darksiders was such a dick tease.
#24 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The end of Darksiders was such a dick tease. mems_1224

We'll never get Darksiders 3 with 4-player co-op like it was planned to now. :(

#25 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

I don't understand this demand for co-op.

It might have been cool if you like that sort of thing, but wasn't Darksiders fun as a single-player game? Without the ending, would you really say "This game would be way better if 3 of my bros were solvin' puzzles with me!"

#26 Posted by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

at least the series ended on a high note. 

wonder what the new IP will be

#27 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

Disappointed, but it's understandable.

Guess I'll just be positive (if that's allowed in SW) and anticipate their new IP.

#28 Posted by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

Never played a Dark Siders game so can't pass judgment on that, but i'm interested in this new IP they speak of..

#29 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

Cherokee_Jack

I think we need more co-op games. Stuff that gives us good multiplayer content instead of generic horde crap. An action-adventure game like Darksiders with co-op has potential IMO.

#30 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

ChubbyGuy40

I think we need more co-op games. Stuff that gives us good multiplayer content instead of generic horde crap. An action-adventure game like Darksiders with co-op has potential IMO.

Yeah, like I said, it could have been good. I just think the backlash against Darksiders 2 for not having co-op was really weird and unfair.
#31 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone makes a Borderlands-esque game with Darksiders style combat. Too bad it won't be Vigil :(

#32 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

That's to bad. I wanted DS 3.

I hope the new IP they make, earns them a surplus of money so that one day they can make a DS3.

#33 Posted by AM-Gamer (4033 posts) -

Sell the ip to Platnum so I can finish the series , I want to play as the other horseman. 

#34 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

I just think the backlash against Darksiders 2 for not having co-op was really weird and unfair.Cherokee_Jack

Wait...who backlashed against 2 for that reason? That's stupid.

#35 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
What's so terrible about this? How do people expect to progress the industry if dev teams are constantly forced to making sequels and spinoffs?
#36 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

What's so terrible about this? How do people expect to progress the industry if dev teams are constantly forced to making sequels and spinoffs? percech
Because like it or not, without sequels, the industry wouldn't be moving either.

Need a fair share of new, and a fair share of familiarity.

#37 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"]What's so terrible about this? How do people expect to progress the industry if dev teams are constantly forced to making sequels and spinoffs? nintendoboy16
Because like it or not, without sequels, the industry wouldn't be moving either.

My point is, the industry is already saturated with sequels.
#38 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

Yup, a GoW style game on CE3, now that's what I'm waiting for.

#39 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Shame, but let's see what it is first

#40 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Cherokee_Jack

Yeah, like I said, it could have been good. I just think the backlash against Darksiders 2 for not having co-op was really weird and unfair.

Literally first time I've heard anyone say that

#41 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony. honestly, they throw away timesplitters and put free radical to work on crysis 2 mp and then homefront 2......honestly i think someone needs to slap Cervat Yerli.
#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony. honestly, they throw away timesplitters and put free radical to work on crysis 2 mp and then homefront 2......honestly i think someone needs to slap Cervat Yerli.

To think I thought Crytek having the TS franchise was a good idea. :(
#43 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

All you guys are acting up as if Crytek owns the Darksiders IP while that's not the case. It's obvious whatever the new studio do would be a new IP.

#44 Posted by Stringerboy (7085 posts) -

I'm very disappointed. Loved Darksiders 1 and 2.

#45 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
A unfinished series. Noooooo...
#46 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

And I was hoping Darksiders 3 would be about Strife and Darksiders 4 Fury

#47 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony.razgriz_101

Crytek is letting them do their own project. They aren't forcing anything on them. If what they wanted to work on was an FPS, so be it.

#48 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]well bet its another fps, considering cryteks a one trick pony.ChubbyGuy40

Crytek is letting them do their own project. They aren't forcing anything on them. If what they wanted to work on was an FPS, so be it.

But keeping Crytek's strategy in mind, it could as well be F2P.

#49 Posted by Planeforger (15794 posts) -

What's so terrible about this? How do people expect to progress the industry if dev teams are constantly forced to making sequels and spinoffs? percech

To be fair, Darksiders was a running saga building up to some kind of climactic final battle against the series villains...which we now might not ever see.

So yeah, it's a tad disappointing. Also, the second game did make some pretty nice leaps away from the first, and each Horseman's gameplay styles could easily have been completely different, so the series need not have stagnated. Ah well.

#50 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2603 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"]What's so terrible about this? How do people expect to progress the industry if dev teams are constantly forced to making sequels and spinoffs? Planeforger

To be fair, Darksiders was a running saga building up to some kind of climactic final battle against the series villains...which we now might not ever see.

So yeah, it's a tad disappointing. Also, the second game did make some pretty nice leaps away from the first, and each Horseman's gameplay styles could easily have been completely different, so the series need not have stagnated. Ah well.

Might as well ask Sony Santa Monica to make Darsiders 3 since they also hired ex-Vigil devs, may be they will hear your plea. :roll: