Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts
Remaster
Remaster
2007 release
2007 release

After some very disappointing trailer and a better looking second trailer, Crysis remastered is almost upon us.

The PC version is looking to test your hardware like it did back in 2007:

They have a mode called 'Can it run Crysis' which we tested. No LODs (all distance detail displayed), ray tracing cranked way up and various other features. On a 2080ti with a super fast CPU at their office it ran at ~35fps most of the time. It wasn't exactly smooth and it could dip below 30. Obviously this is the super high-end mode so it's easy to get really high performance using lesser settings but they have future proofed the PC version!

Time to upgrade your PCs to play Crysis ... again

I personally am looking forward to see how the raytracing will turn out. The cryengine doesn't require hardware raytracing cores to enable the raytracing. So it will work on any GTX series of cards and even Xbox One and PS4.

Some of the raytracing tech:

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

They made it colorful, looks like far cry 3 now.

beside I hope they keep original Nanosuit on PC version instead of crysis 2 nanosuit based on console version of game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever: In fact the colors make it seem like Far Cry 1, hahaha

Also, I'm pretty sure they are keep the old 2007 OG nanosuit. At least I sure hope they do.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Looking good, but I'll wait when it lands on Steam.

EDIT: At least the delays did something.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

beside I hope they keep original Nanosuit on PC version instead of crysis 2 nanosuit based on console version of game.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the additional colour saturation. The original made the Philippines look like a gritty and humid place. Remaster looks more like some fantasy island. I appreciate the added detail in the environment though. I can make it look how I want with Reshade anyway. This remaster is starting to look pretty good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

That's the first thing that came to my mind looking at these shots. I greatly prefer how the original Crysis looks..

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

The original looks more realistic, above. I think it's the color saturation that spoils any more modernization elsewhere

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the additional colour saturation. The original made the Philippines look like a gritty and humid place. Remaster looks more like some fantasy island. I appreciate the added detail in the environment though. I can make it look how I want with Reshade anyway. This remaster is starting to look pretty good.

Can confirm, it really is gritty and really humid here :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

That's the first thing that came to my mind looking at these shots. I greatly prefer how the original Crysis looks..

Original Crysis actually looks incredibly dated now. hope they improve draw distance because draw distance in original Crysis even for its time was terrible. aim down the sight and you see Rock, then Rock suddenly disappeared.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@jasonofa36 said:

Looking good, but I'll wait when it lands on Steam.

EDIT: At least the delays did something.

At first I was very lukewarm to this project. Crytek shipping it off to Saber interactive? Because they didn't seem to have the capacity?

PC version may be derived from a console version, or even -god forbid- the switch version?

But I've turned around and mainly after Digital Foundry's latest visit to Crytek in Frankfurt. It did make it seem like Crytek has a lot of care for the PC version. And wants it to be optimized well and at the same time future proof it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@xantufrog said:

The original looks more realistic, above. I think it's the color saturation that spoils any more modernization elsewhere

I'm more of a fan of the colorful look myself. It's a sun drenched island so it should really shine. But I don't think you are wrong for liking the original look either. Crysis sure has a 'timeless' look to it.

@sts106mat said:

on the fence with this one at the moment.

am loving doom eternal and dont think i can do another FPS anytime soon.

star wars squadrons is next on my list.

September is looking like a great month for FPS for me. I'm looking forward to Crysis as well as Serious Sam 4.

But yeah, DOOM Eternal is a fantastic game as well. I think the expansion is coming out real soon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56117 Posts

To be honest, I know the original Crysis was showing its age, but at least it kept being above consoles standards in terms of graphic achievements but this remastered feels tacked on and doesn't really bring much to the table. Even Crysis Warhead looks more better than the remastered if I'm being honest. BassMan nailed it, Philippines looks more gritty and I like that.

Also, why is this remastered exclusive to EGS and not on EA Origin? I would have consider playing this through EA Origin Premier but being EGS exclusive just for a remastered (which doesn't need it) won't convince me to buy it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:

Are you looking to play this with your 1060 or with your brand new 3080? xD

I for real can't wait to check out how good the raytracing will run on a 1080ti at 3440x1440.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
@davillain- said:

To be honest, I know the original Crysis was showing its age, but at least it kept being above consoles standards in terms of graphic achievements but this remastered feels tacked on and doesn't really bring much to the table. Even Crysis Warhead looks more better than the remastered if I'm being honest. BassMan nailed it, Philippines looks more gritty and I like that.

Also, why is this remastered exclusive to EGS and not on EA Origin? I would have consider playing this through EA Origin Premier but being EGS exclusive just for a remastered (which doesn't need it) won't convince me to buy it.

Reminds me of Activision, they have most of their games on Steam. But they also have a proprietary launcher for their newest games (including COD) with battle . net and then there THPS which is an epic exclusive for some reason.

All to make it easy for customers of course!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

I for real can't wait to check out how good the raytracing will run on a 1080ti at 3440x1440.

But can 3000 series run Crysis? Hate to see this legendary meme dies when the remastered hits.

Edit: I'm actually looking forward how my soon to be 3070 will handle in Crysis 3 cause Crysis 3 is still very demanding after all.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Eh I have seen better.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sakaiXx

@davillain-: eh, u r not a mod anymore?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@sakaixx said:

@davillain-: eh, u r not a mod anymore?

I'm still a mod. Probably a glitch if you don't see my badge which happens rare at times.

Edit: I was considering leaving the mod business but I realize I'm needed more than ever so I'm staying.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

But can 3000 series run Crysis? Hate to see this legendary meme dies when the remastered hits.

Edit: I'm actually looking forward how my soon to be 3070 will handle in Crysis 3 cause Crysis 3 is still very demanding after all.

More than anything I'm hoping for increased performance in this remaster. Running on the latest Cryengine, it should be a lot better now.

OG Crysis was really hard on the CPU, and especially the clockspeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Not impressed from that screenshot need to see more

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

Because my friend its remastered for 2007 game. not even full fledge remake.

so no expecting it to looks as good as Metro or Cyberpunk.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Even Metro 2033, as beautiful as that game is, had a slight remaster with Redux. Where they made the exterior parts look a thousand times better.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: don't get me wrong, the new image looks great - I just don't think it's the right style, myself

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Even Metro 2033, as beautiful as that game is, had a slight remaster with Redux. Where they made the exterior parts look a thousand times better.

Crysis being graphics king always been EA propaganda. its never. only for 3 years until Metro 2033 surpassed it then Metro last light in 2013 then Redux version. Crysis 3 can be called graphics king and perfect looking game for years to come despite it was shitty tech demo and worst Crysis game.

however during Exodus release, we have plenty of graphics king including RDR2 and now upcoming Cyberpunk.

If metro was publish by EA or any big corporation. it would be lable as graphic king among many sites.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis being graphics king always been EA propaganda. its never. only for 3 years until Metro 2033 surpassed it then Metro last light in 2013 then Redux version. Crysis 3 can be called graphics king and perfect looking game for years to come despite it was shitty tech demo and worst Crysis game.

however during Exodus release, we have plenty of graphics king including RDR2 and now upcoming Cyberpunk.

If metro was publish by EA or any big corporation. it would be lable as graphic king among many sites.

It blew my mind when I read that the upcoming RTX3080 is supposed to run RDR2 at 4K/60 with ultra settings.

RDR2 is the current graphics king on PC and looks absolutely insane. You are right that Cyberpunk will be the next one.

Crysis remaster however is doing some new stuff and is to my knowledge the first game to do software based raytracing.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Based on the comparison pics, I kinda like the look of the original better. But I'm sure/hopeful the remaster has more discernable lighting and texture upgrades. As a game though, it's still Crysis and I didn't think a lot of it back in 2007 so I don't expect to be suddenly wowed by it in 2020 unless the A.i at least is vastly improved.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44192 Posts

Nice. Never played the original so I wouldn’t mind checking this game out myself finally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@xantufrog said:

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: haha wtf, i thought the remaster was the bottom one , and the top one the x360 version

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I mean ... i like Color so, i don't see it bad at all, don't really care if it looks realistic or not, you are figthing a freaking Alien invation, realism went out of the window.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

@commander said:

@R4gn4r0k: haha wtf, i thought the remaster was the bottom one , and the top one the x360 version

Well if you notice distant objects are a lot better in the top image.

It renders more objects at a distance and the textures (of the mountains for example) are also a lot better in the distance.

But the bottom one still looks good if you ask me :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
@Archangel3371 said:

Nice. Never played the original so I wouldn’t mind checking this game out myself finally.

I think you are going to have a blast, honestly.

It's one of the best examples of sandbox gameplay I've ever seen in an FPS.

Good of you to avoid the terrible 360/ps3 version and wait for a better console version xD

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah I kind of agree, it does look more like Far Cry 3 then original Crysis. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44192 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah I’ve seen enough of the game to be pretty confident that I’ll enjoy it. I was interested in getting the 360 version before but it was just one of those things that I didn’t get around to picking up. Pretty lucky on that front. 😅

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

I think they should have made hardware accelerated ray tracing at least optional otherwise it seems like it is purposely gimping optimization to make it seem like a beast.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@davillain- said:

Reminds me of Activision, they have most of their games on Steam. But they also have a proprietary launcher for their newest games (including COD) with battle . net and then there THPS which is an epic exclusive for some reason.

All to make it easy for customers of course!

Kinda ironic that a remaster of Crysis is Epic Store exclusive. Both Crytek and Epic Games proclaimed the death of PC gaming back in the late 2000s and now here we are with Epic trying to get into the PC gaming market with their own store and Crytek getting extra money by going for paid timed exclusivity with Epic.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

@NoodleFighter: Just like the fragmentation of Streaming services drives people to piracy, I think that the fragmentation of PC stores will drive people to piracy again.

It's just confusing to say the least. It used to be that I could buy steam keys from wherever, or choose to buy a physical PC copy if I wanted. I could literally buy from wherever it was most convenient.

Now you can only buy directly from the publisher with their own proprietary store.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44567 Posts

Game is still boring.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sakaiXx

@davillain-: must be a bug the badge appeared appeared now. Aww don't leave, you know you are my fav mod 😘😘

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

I personally like the look of it so bring it on (without the console nanosuit that is).

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@pc_rocks said:

I personally like the look of it so bring it on (without the console nanosuit that is).

Yeah those two elements are make it or break it to me:

- Is it improved performance wise over the 2007 release?

- Is the nanosuit still the PC one?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Well no shit never said it would look better then Metro or Cyberpunk.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Well no shit never said it would look better then Metro or Cyberpunk.

I wanted Crysis remake build from ground just so they can improve its shitty second half. guess they are lazy to do this so they remastered it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#46 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

Kind of agree with Ghost, looks more like Far Cry now.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

That is the thing that going to make or break game,

Crysis was great game its no Doom or STALKER but still good.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

but does it look better than MSFS ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k

@the_master_race said:

@R4gn4r0k:

but does it look better than MSFS ?

Well clearly MSFS is the intro to Crysis, where you start by jumping out of a plane.

It's all connected.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#50 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

Neither. I heard the Switch version is the best and is very cinematic. I may have to pick up a Switch again just for Crysis Remastered. LOL

For real though, I probably won't play it for a long time. I replayed the game a couple of years ago on PC with mods. So, I am good for a while.