Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts

@BassMan said:

Neither. I heard the Switch version is the best and is very cinematic. I may have to pick up a Switch again just for Crysis Remastered. LOL

For real though, I probably won't play it for a long time. I replayed the game a couple of years ago on PC with mods. So, I am good for a while.

I do play Crysis on PC time and again with mods.

Well, one mod really: it's the HD vegetation mod which removes the grainy artefacting on vegetation the base game has going on.

But yeah, that's basically all I use, the game still looks pretty good :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 R4gn4r0k

I've added a video showcasing the ray tracing tech on current gen consoles to the OP.

I have to say: seeing current gen consoles (and non RT cards on PC) do raytracing is might impressive and a look into the future.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Game is still boring.

Pretty much

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8493 Posts

Crytek with Cryengine still seems to have good engineers and the best renderer out there but their management/product teams sucks and have no vision.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Is EA still publishing Crysis? Publishing the remaster? I would assume so, but the PC version being EGS exclusive, and not even on Origin, makes me wonder. If EA is no longer involved, I'll definitely be buying it as soon as it's on Steam. If EA is still getting the money for it, I'll be getting it earlier, on the high seas.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k

@the_bi99man said:

Is EA still publishing Crysis? Publishing the remaster? I would assume so, but the PC version being EGS exclusive, and not even on Origin, makes me wonder. If EA is no longer involved, I'll definitely be buying it as soon as it's on Steam. If EA is still getting the money for it, I'll be getting it earlier, on the high seas.

Crytek is publishing this. With the different versions being made in cooperation with Saber.

EA no longer seems to have anything to do with this remaster.

Most likely it'll hit steam in one year so: Sept 18th 2021

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis being graphics king always been EA propaganda. its never. only for 3 years until Metro 2033 surpassed it then Metro last light in 2013 then Redux version. Crysis 3 can be called graphics king and perfect looking game for years to come despite it was shitty tech demo and worst Crysis game.

however during Exodus release, we have plenty of graphics king including RDR2 and now upcoming Cyberpunk.

If metro was publish by EA or any big corporation. it would be lable as graphic king among many sites.

It blew my mind when I read that the upcoming RTX3080 is supposed to run RDR2 at 4K/60 with ultra settings.

RDR2 is the current graphics king on PC and looks absolutely insane. You are right that Cyberpunk will be the next one.

Crysis remaster however is doing some new stuff and is to my knowledge the first game to do software based raytracing.

Metro actually never surpassed crysis as graphics king. When crysis released, the highest graphics settings were nerfed because they were not usable for years to come anyway. But you can still increase them through the ini settings to these ultra settings.

and this is not like over the top increasing. I mean it's basically what a lot of remasters, and cross gen/ next gen games do anyway. Well next gen games do a lot more, but that was certainly a part from going to last gen to this gen, it's also the reason why we see so many remasters.

Still, those remasters look last gen either way, but with a lot of stuff in crysis (like trees, foliage, ground textures) that is not the case.

I remember just making some slight changes back in 2013 and my 7950 barely got 30 fps at 1080p, and that card is way faster than the ps4. So at 4k this will still be a very demanding game for todays cards, and that's just the original version.

If cryengine 5 has everything better (not like the previous one where it was more targeted to weaker consoles), then this might actually be a very interesting release.

and that's not even considering ray tracing lol

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

What is the point?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k

@2mrw said:

What is the point?

Graphics.

And consoles finally getting a consoles a version of Crysis that works and runs well.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#60 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

It will never match pc

Stop trying to impress us with gfx

We want new games

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k

@2mrw said:

@R4gn4r0k:

It will never match pc

Stop trying to impress us with gfx

We want new games

We quit making new games.

Now it's all sequels in big franchises and remakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#62 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@commander said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis being graphics king always been EA propaganda. its never. only for 3 years until Metro 2033 surpassed it then Metro last light in 2013 then Redux version. Crysis 3 can be called graphics king and perfect looking game for years to come despite it was shitty tech demo and worst Crysis game.

however during Exodus release, we have plenty of graphics king including RDR2 and now upcoming Cyberpunk.

If metro was publish by EA or any big corporation. it would be lable as graphic king among many sites.

It blew my mind when I read that the upcoming RTX3080 is supposed to run RDR2 at 4K/60 with ultra settings.

RDR2 is the current graphics king on PC and looks absolutely insane. You are right that Cyberpunk will be the next one.

Crysis remaster however is doing some new stuff and is to my knowledge the first game to do software based raytracing.

metro actually never surpassed crysis as graphics king, when crysis released the highest graphics settings were nerfed because they were not usable for years to come anyway. But you can still increase them through the ini settings.

and this is not like over the top increasing. I mean it's basically what a lot of remasters, and cross gen/ next gen games do anyway. Well next gen games do a lot more, but that was certainly a part from going to last gen to this gen, it's also the reason why we see so many remasters.

Still, those remasters look last gen either way, but with a lot of stuff in crysis (like trees, foliage, ground textures) that is not the case.

I remember just making some slight changes back in 2013 and my 7950 barely got 30 fps at 1080p, and that card is way faster than the ps4. So at 4k this will still be a very demanding card for todays cards, and that's just the original version.

If cryengine 5 has everything better (not like the previous one where it was more targeted to weaker consoles), then this might actually be a very interesting release.

Metro 2033 was also held back by the 360. As for Crysis there was no limitations or compromises that had to be made it was built from the ground up for high end PC's.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 commander

@warmblur said:
@commander said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

metro actually never surpassed crysis as graphics king, when crysis released the highest graphics settings were nerfed because they were not usable for years to come anyway. But you can still increase them through the ini settings.

I remember just making some slight changes back in 2013 and my 7950 barely got 30 fps at 1080p, and that card is way faster than the ps4. So at 4k this will still be a very demanding card for todays cards, and that's just the original version.

Metro 2033 was also held back by the 360. As for Crysis there was no limitations or compromises that had to be made it was built from the ground up for high end PC's.

Maybe , but metro is the kind of game that could be more easily ported to the x360 anyway, it was not an open world game, and it was also not a polygonal fest like crysis was. Metro was specificially demanding because of dx 11, lighting and shadowing, those things could more easily be nerfed for a console release.

and it's not like metro didn't go open world because of the x360, there were plenty of 360 games that went open world, far cry 2 and 3 for instance.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

@warmblur said:

Metro 2033 was also held back by the 360.

LOL if thats the case Metro 2033 would looks worse.

Its toe to toe with Crysis as best looking game of its time. and INDOOR segments destroy Crysis in every way.

and from a game that doesnot even use 50% of budget Crysis did. was little indie game that is now cult classic.

As for Crysis there was no limitations or compromises that had to be made it was built from the ground up for high end PC's.

Sure theres no limitation but draw distance were awful, the indoor parts were nowhear near as strong as Metro. besides some years later in 2013 Metro last light did surpassed Crysis in every way and then Redux version too.

Loading Video...

Metro is more detailed and more atmospheric. if it use even 50% of budget then it would completely own Crysis in every way.

Loading Video...

But then again last light actually did surpassed Crysis in every way.

Crysis was only graphics king for 3 years (2007, 8 , 9).

Please find me rain like this in Crysis

Loading Video...

heres Crysis rain plus outdated character model.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@warmblur said:

And it shows. The game still holds up with its unique blend of sandbox levels and linear narrative.

It's one of the last big PC games on such a scale that wasn't built with consoles in mind.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

And it shows. The game still holds up with its unique blend of sandbox levels and linear narrative.

It's one of the last big PC games on such a scale that wasn't built with consoles in mind.

Metro Exodus is Crysis of today on bigger scale. forgotten because not mainstream enough.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

Metro Exodus is Crysis of today on bigger scale. forgotten because not mainstream enough.

lolwut?

Metro 2033 already had a remaster. It's called Metro Redux and it makes the outside parts look a million times better:

Whereas before they looked like dog vomit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

lolwut?

Metro 2033 already had a remaster. It's called Metro Redux and it makes the outside parts look a million times better:

Whereas before they looked like dog vomit.

of course it has remastered which looks undoubtly better. what im saying that Exodus is semi open world like Crysis, push graphics to limit, having weapon customization etc.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever: Yes, I hope that Metro 4 will be like Exodus.

In fact I want to get an RTX card next year and play though Exodus all over again with Ray Tracing enabled.

The second Exodus Expansion: Sam's Story also adds a brand new open world area, have you played it?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghosts4ever: Yes, I hope that Metro 4 will be like Exodus.

In fact I want to get an RTX card next year and play though Exodus all over again with Ray Tracing enabled.

The second Exodus Expansion: Sam's Story also adds a brand new open world area, have you played it?

will play it soon.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

will play it soon.

It gives you a new Assault Rifle and M1911 pistol for you to customize and really builds on everything that made Exodus great.

It's fantastic!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By commander

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Its toe to toe with Crysis as best looking game of its time. and INDOOR segments destroy Crysis in every way.

and from a game that doesnot even use 50% of budget Crysis did. was little indie game that is now cult classic.

As for Crysis there was no limitations or compromises that had to be made it was built from the ground up for high end PC's.

Sure theres no limitation but draw distance were awful, the indoor parts were nowhear near as strong as Metro. besides some years later in 2013 Metro last light did surpassed Crysis in every way and then Redux version too.

Metro is more detailed and more atmospheric. if it use even 50% of budget then it would completely own Crysis in every way.

lol crysis was never known for characters or weather effects.

It's da foliage , and nature in general. This mod is basically just done through the ini settings, by increasing lighting, shadowing , blur and bloom. Might as well be the same as ultra settings.

Imagine what you can do when you start increasing texture size and actually remastering like they did with metro.

Don't forget to put the video to hd

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ghosts4ever

@commander said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

It's da foliage , and nature in general. This mod is basically just done through the ini settings, by increasing lighting, shadowing , blur and bloom. Might as well be the same as ultra settings.

Imagine what you can do when you start increasing texture size and actually remastering like they did with metro.

Loading Video...

Im talking about vanilla Crysis which looks drastically worse than Metro 2033.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@commander said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Loading Video...

The blackfire mod is amazing especially when you see it in game also it looks great combined with Rygel's high texture mod.

Loading Video...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By commander

@warmblur said:
@commander said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The blackfire mod is amazing especially when when you see it in game also it looks great combined with Rygel's high texture mod.

Loading Video...

Exactly people here are comparing remasters with original crysis but crysis has never been remastered and the original engine goes a long way when you start modding.

and the blackfire mod isn't much of a mod to be honest , it's basically just settings in the ini files that could as well have been in the menu's. It's just lighting and shadowing, this is what you get when you start going a bit crazy on the hdr.

Loading Video...

It shows how powerfull that engine really is, it's a720 p video tho because the hd 5870 was good, it wasn't good enough to run crysis in 1080p lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ghosts4ever

LOL once again warmblur friend ignore my post and just post "i love this mod".