Creator of FXAA gives thoughts on Orbis and Durango specs

• 188 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]>Like I keep saying, its a RUMOUR :lol: RR360DD

I rumor echo by all insiders and leaks.... Every single thing points that MS is cheapen out.

I know you'd love it to be true, but its a RUMOUR. Don't piss your pants just yet

Yeah, people do seem to be getting excited by this article.

But because it's a rumour this whole things a little redundant right now.

The guys is commenting on what he admits is rumoured specs about an obvious flaw that apparently no other expert can see but him. I don't think so.

This guys expertise owns the common forum poster, fine. This guys expertise owns the entire of MS, don't think so.

PS2 Vs Xbox, what was the most efficient development console. PS3 Vs X360, what was the most efficient development console. Yeah, I think MS knows what they're doing.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Only once the official specs are revealed for both PS4 & Xbox720 we'll have an idea of which performs better in terms of hardware..

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#103 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Let's just ignore this sh*t since he said it will be ahead of pc's... What a joke.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]The drawcalls in the article is all about the memory allocation and amount cpu cycles is needed to send the gpu the data on the fly. Which is why with Pc's, most of the game data is stored onto memory then is processed. It has nothing to do with the gpu performance by itself. The guy in the article does not know and states maybe if Sony opened up the gpu assembly they could change the barriers for texture fetch abilities by upto 30%. Which does not Not the total performance of the gpu the efficiency and optimization methods can not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. If its design to do 1.7 TFLOP that is all it can do, it cant perform as fast as a gpu that's 2+ TFLOP. Now compared to a gpu that equal ie 1.7 vs 1.7 TFLOP you can see the coding allowing the console gpu being able to handle the same workload 10-15% better. tormentos
Dude i debate this yesterday with you,and 1.7 GPU can very well out perform one with 2.1TF quite easy,PC is not even close to be as efficient as consoles are,you will not get 100% or close from GPU on PC on consoles you can... If i can name one company who will make sure that every single once of gpu power is harvested is SONY,in all its platforms they have do something that simple just doesn't belong on the PS console. No one is saying that the GPU will perform at 3.1TF while been 1.7TF,you are confusion TF performance vs actual useful power and optimization,by the way the dude works for Nvidia he invented several algorithms for AA,what have you invented lately.? Yeah that is what i was thinking.

Lol, not with the same workloads no they cant match gpu performance, also the guy is talking aboutbarriers for texture fetch abilities which will not increase the overall gpu performance by a whole alot. . Optimization does not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. Which is why consoles use lower resolutions, 2D objects, funnel players , use god rays to hide flaws, use cell based level loading etc etc. Once the coding is efficient as best they can get it, its all a juggling act of what to keep and what not too because of the limited resources in memory and processing power aka optimization . There's a massive processing difference between 1.7 and 2.5 TFLOP (ie 7850 vs 7870).And the fact of the matter is that as long as the games are well coded like Crysis 2 a gpu with equal processing ability can match a console's "optimization" and this time around that consoles are using even more pc standardized hardware and using existing modern API's from Pc, those advantages will translate into pc too.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#105 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

LOL, which one of you is this poster from the comments? This is SW material right here:

random12308:01

dude, no offense, but you're a sony biased dumbass

some smart guys about little things are really dumb about big picture things

if you really think microsoft is going to let the next PlayStation be like, 4 times as powerful as your article sort of implies, for any reason, good luck with that. it's obviously what you hope happens, but not reality.

random12308:08

oh and durango with a pre-cgn gpu? and targeting 720p? and just being a dumb dx11 pc with no low level hardware access? ahahaha you're funny.

if anything theres some rumors the durango gpu is gcn2 and orbis is only gcn (i dont actually believe these rumors, but it's still funny theyre diametrically opposed to you). what now for your precious playstation?

my guess is when all is said and done, in real games orbis might be a little more powerful, or it might not. if it is, the real world difference will be like 10%. meanwhile durango's vastly superior os features, kinect, etc will make it sell much more than orbis.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

LOL, which one of you is this poster from the comments? This is SW material right here:

random12308:01

dude, no offense, but you're a sony biased dumbass

some smart guys about little things are really dumb about big picture things

if you really think microsoft is going to let the next PlayStation be like, 4 times as powerful as your article sort of implies, for any reason, good luck with that. it's obviously what you hope happens, but not reality.

random12308:08

oh and durango with a pre-cgn gpu? and targeting 720p? and just being a dumb dx11 pc with no low level hardware access? ahahaha you're funny.

if anything theres some rumors the durango gpu is gcn2 and orbis is only gcn (i dont actually believe these rumors, but it's still funny theyre diametrically opposed to you). what now for your precious playstation?

my guess is when all is said and done, in real games orbis might be a little more powerful, or it might not. if it is, the real world difference will be like 10%. meanwhile durango's vastly superior os features, kinect, etc will make it sell much more than orbis.

ReplyMyopicCanadian

LOL that's some fine butthurt right there.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]Yay more rumors being used as facts,so it makes the leaks of Sweetvar26 also true,He got info from a guy working at AMD and said that durango is more powerful than orbis...and he ain't making BS up since he was the first to leak all the ''rumored'' specs of each console.tormentos
:lol: You are really having a meltdown... But but i am a PC gamer..:lol:

and you're being butthurt at my opinions..i easily get under your skin :cool:
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Tessellation
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]>Like I keep saying, its a RUMOUR :lol: tormentos
I rumor echo by all insiders and leaks.... Every single thing points that MS is cheapen out.

the leaks from Sweetvar26? the first guy that got the information of both consoles? and he has information since 2010? the same guy that also got information from inside AMD that the team behind durango feels it is much stronger than orbis? the same guy that all his claims and have been purged from B3yond 3d Forums and google cache? i love how you use rumors depending on your basement dwelling needs :cool: i will laugh badly when the rumors backfire on you :cool:
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Tessellation

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]>Like I keep saying, its a RUMOUR :lol: RR360DD

I know you'd love it to be true, but its a RUMOUR. Don't piss your pants just yet

No one here is denying his claims and everyone knows what he's talking about.. since he created FXAA but at the beginning of his blog post says this ''With all the speculation and rumors heating up again for the next generation consoles, here are my thoughts. Note I'm unfortunately an outsider this round, I don't actually know what is in either platform....'' he is going by rumors and speculations,so let tormetos be...he is so excited for the ps4 to be more powerful so he can stick it in again like he does with the ps3 :cool:
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Good Lord.

If Sony implements used game blocking and has a noticeably more powerful console we could be seeing ALOT more PS4 exclusives.

I expect MS to announce better specs for the 720 when they finally do make an official announcement.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts

I'd bet most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with only poor post process AA (like FXAA).killzowned24

Wait, did he just dis his own creation? How does that make sense?

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"]The drawcalls in the article is all about the memory allocation and amount cpu cycles is needed to send the gpu the data on the fly. Which is why with Pc's, most of the game data is stored onto memory then is processed. It has nothing to do with the gpu performance by itself. The guy in the article does not know and states maybe if Sony opened up the gpu assembly they could change the barriers for texture fetch abilities by upto 30%. Which does not Not the total performance of the gpu the efficiency and optimization methods can not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. If its design to do 1.7 TFLOP that is all it can do, it cant perform as fast as a gpu that's 2+ TFLOP. Now compared to a gpu that equal ie 1.7 vs 1.7 TFLOP you can see the coding allowing the console gpu being able to handle the same workload 10-15% better. 04dcarraher

Dude i debate this yesterday with you,and 1.7 GPU can very well out perform one with 2.1TF quite easy,PC is not even close to be as efficient as consoles are,you will not get 100% or close from GPU on PC on consoles you can... If i can name one company who will make sure that every single once of gpu power is harvested is SONY,in all its platforms they have do something that simple just doesn't belong on the PS console. No one is saying that the GPU will perform at 3.1TF while been 1.7TF,you are confusion TF performance vs actual useful power and optimization,by the way the dude works for Nvidia he invented several algorithms for AA,what have you invented lately.? Yeah that is what i was thinking.

Lol, not with the same workloads no they cant match gpu performance, also the guy is talking aboutbarriers for texture fetch abilities which will not increase the overall gpu performance by a whole alot. . Optimization does not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. Which is why consoles use lower resolutions, 2D objects, funnel players , use god rays to hide flaws, use cell based level loading etc etc. Once the coding is efficient as best they can get it, its all a juggling act of what to keep and what not too because of the limited resources in memory and processing power aka optimization . There's a massive processing difference between 1.7 and 2.5 TFLOP (ie 7850 vs 7870).And the fact of the matter is that as long as the games are well coded like Crysis 2 a gpu with equal processing ability can match a console's "optimization" and this time around that consoles are using even more pc standardized hardware and using existing modern API's from Pc, those advantages will translate into pc too.

This is what I'm hoping. That MS and Sony don't continue using those crappy IBM CPU's, and just use chips from AMD, so that games will translate much easier across multiple platforms.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

So lems got no games and the weakest next gen system? :lol:

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

That's very interesting, so It's less about raw power and more about what the developers can actually access.

Man Microsoft is horribly inefficient, Hopefully whatever linux is cooking up puts them to shame.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

I'd bet most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with only poor post process AA (like FXAA).lockjaw333

FFXA was never meant to be a highly accurate method of reducing aliasing, it's just a much cheaper alternative to MSAA.

Antialiasing in general leaves alot to be desired, especially when in relation to performance.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
>Lol, not with the same workloads no they cant match gpu performance, also the guy is talking aboutbarriers for texture fetch abilities which will not increase the overall gpu performance by a whole alot. . Optimization does not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. Which is why consoles use lower resolutions, 2D objects, funnel players , use god rays to hide flaws, use cell based level loading etc etc. Once the coding is efficient as best they can get it, its all a juggling act of what to keep and what not too because of the limited resources in memory and processing power aka optimization . There's a massive processing difference between 1.7 and 2.5 TFLOP (ie 7850 vs 7870).And the fact of the matter is that as long as the games are well coded like Crysis 2 a gpu with equal processing ability can match a console's "optimization" and this time around that consoles are using even more pc standardized hardware and using existing modern API's from Pc, those advantages will translate into pc too.04dcarraher
With even bigger work load,you don't get it PC GPU are not efficient period MS tools help them even less,that without bottlenecks,overhead,bandwidth issues. Once again he invented 2 GPU algorithms for AA what have you invented lately.? Yeah i take his word over yours.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

When he says ahead of the PC he means in terms of what they can do on the back end interfacing with the hardware and getting the most out of the hardware. PCs are horribly inefficent due to their OS and their grpahic APIs.

RyviusARC

Most of the ineffiencey is on the CPU side though.

You will notice this is lousy console to PC ports.

When PC CPUs generally outgun their console counterparts by a massive margin there isn't too much of incentive to make things efficient.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

I'd bet most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with only poor post process AA (like FXAA).lockjaw333

big deal.I'm sure he is working on something much better by now anyway.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]>Lol, not with the same workloads no they cant match gpu performance, also the guy is talking aboutbarriers for texture fetch abilities which will not increase the overall gpu performance by a whole alot. . Optimization does not allow a set gpu perform faster then its max theoretical processing ability. Which is why consoles use lower resolutions, 2D objects, funnel players , use god rays to hide flaws, use cell based level loading etc etc. Once the coding is efficient as best they can get it, its all a juggling act of what to keep and what not too because of the limited resources in memory and processing power aka optimization . There's a massive processing difference between 1.7 and 2.5 TFLOP (ie 7850 vs 7870).And the fact of the matter is that as long as the games are well coded like Crysis 2 a gpu with equal processing ability can match a console's "optimization" and this time around that consoles are using even more pc standardized hardware and using existing modern API's from Pc, those advantages will translate into pc too.tormentos
With even bigger work load,you don't get it PC GPU are not efficient period MS tools help them even less,that without bottlenecks,overhead,bandwidth issues. Once again he invented 2 GPU algorithms for AA what have you invented lately.? Yeah i take his word over yours.

You have no idea what your talking about. All his additions are on Pc too.

DX11 is a much more optimized API with respect to modern GPU architecture vs what DX9 is. So the difference between a next gen console game and the same game running on a PC with modern, equivalent hardware will be minimal thanks to DX11.

Now, as time goes by, say in a few years, I'm sure developers will be able to squeeze out an extra 10-15% more performance out of the hardware, but your not going to see major differences between equivalent hardware, there is no bandwidth issues nor bottlenecks, only a slight overhead which is fixed by using a slightly faster cpu and alittle more memory big whoop :roll:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So lems got no games and the weakest next gen system? :lol:

Peredith
And inferior multiplats.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tormentos
[QUOTE="Tessellation"] the leaks from sweetvar26? the first guy that got the information of both consoles? and he has information since 2010? the same guy that also got information from inside AMD that the team behind durango feels it is much stronger than orbis? the same guy that all his claims and have been purged from B3yond 3d Forums and google cache? i love how you use rumors depending on your basement dwelling needs :cool: i will laugh badly when the rumors backfire on you :cool:

""Who said anything about PS4 having weaker specs? I mentioned how, the people who work on them think Xbox seems to be more powerful. I did mention that they are both using the same graphics chip, whatever market equivalent version is. May be Microsoft just wants more RAM or something for their OS. Makes it powerful on paper, may be, not necessarily in use or when released in market."" ""As of what he tells me, they both are using same chip with different specifications from Sony and Microsoft, something like the market's 7700-7800, not really sure. He did mention the word "Jaguar processor"."" Your savior sweetvar26 going backward,the whole claim was based on MS console having more ram,guess what he name 2 GPU 7700 and 7800,now he doesn't say who is for who,but rumor now say the PS4 have 1.84FT and a GPU with 18CU,which falls in between the 7850 and 7870.. Now the xbox 720 is say to have a 1.2TF performance so guess what GPU match that 1.2TF performance.? Oh yeah is the 7770 Cape Verde which has a performance of 1.2TF.. Give it up you ran out of arguments,but i don't see why you try so hard you claim to be a PC gamer..:lol:
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Sounds pretty good.

PS4

If PS4 has a real-time OS, with a libGCM style low level access to the GPU, then the PS4 1st party games will be years ahead of the PC simply because it opens up what is possible on the GPU. Note this won't happen right away on launch, but once developers tool up for the platform, this will be the case.

killzowned24

It's the hidden powerz again !

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos

The guys is commenting on what he admits is rumoured specs about an obvious flaw that apparently no other expert can see but him. I don't think so.

This guys expertise owns the common forum poster, fine. This guys expertise owns the entire of MS, don't think so.

PS2 Vs Xbox, what was the most efficient development console. PS3 Vs X360, what was the most efficient development console. Yeah, I think MS knows what they're doing.

HalcyonScarlet
2 wrong claims... The PS2 wasn't less efficient that the xbox,it was less powerful the xbox was release 20 months after it,almost 2 years after. And the PS3 is actually more efficient than the 360... It has less ram video. More complex to work with hardware. Less powerful GPU. And still Uncharted 3 beat any 360 game graphically,imagine if the odds were the other way around.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tormentos
It's the hidden powerz again !Caseytappy
No and that is an Nvidia employee one very talented as well. He just happen to know that tool from MS don't allow for working on a low level on the GPU,something that sony does on all its consoles.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Why can't you ladies just wait until after the true specs are revealed , the Crow might be served raw soon and credibility down the drain forever !

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] the leaks from sweetvar26? the first guy that got the information of both consoles? and he has information since 2010? the same guy that also got information from inside AMD that the team behind durango feels it is much stronger than orbis? the same guy that all his claims and have been purged from B3yond 3d Forums and google cache? i love how you use rumors depending on your basement dwelling needs :cool: i will laugh badly when the rumors backfire on you :cool:tormentos
""Who said anything about PS4 having weaker specs? I mentioned how, the people who work on them think Xbox seems to be more powerful. I did mention that they are both using the same graphics chip, whatever market equivalent version is. May be Microsoft just wants more RAM or something for their OS. Makes it powerful on paper, may be, not necessarily in use or when released in market."" ""As of what he tells me, they both are using same chip with different specifications from Sony and Microsoft, something like the market's 7700-7800, not really sure. He did mention the word "Jaguar processor"."" Your savior sweetvar26 going backward,the whole claim was based on MS console having more ram,guess what he name 2 GPU 7700 and 7800,now he doesn't say who is for who,but rumor now say the PS4 have 1.84FT and a GPU with 18CU,which falls in between the 7850 and 7870.. Now the xbox 720 is say to have a 1.2TF performance so guess what GPU match that 1.2TF performance.? Oh yeah is the 7770 Cape Verde which has a performance of 1.2TF.. Give it up you ran out of arguments,but i don't see why you try so hard you claim to be a PC gamer..:lol:

yet keep falling in my trap,you keep looking pathetic and like a loser fighting on the internet for the supremacy of the PS4 being more powerful...there is a huge difference between you and me,i don't use rumors or speculations as facts ;)...keep showing how butthurt i make you every time i post something :cool: how does it feel to debunk all your rumors with rumors? looks like it hurts in the ass :cool: BTW his claims came from Inside AMD and all the info has been deleted for some reason at beyond 3d n google cache...keep on crying ;)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] I rumor echo by all insiders and leaks.... Every single thing points that MS is cheapen out.HalcyonScarlet

With PS4, Sony has support from AMD i.e. AMD's complier/LLVM technology can take care of the pumping work.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Tessellation

Why can't you ladies just wait until after the true specs are revealed , the Crow might be served raw soon and credibility down the drain forever !

Caseytappy
eltormo thinks every ps4 related rumor is a fact because he is so excited for the ps4 to more powerful so he can stick it in just like he does with his girlfriend ps3 :cool:
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]Yeah, people do seem to be getting excited by this article.

tormentos
2 wrong claims... The PS2 wasn't less efficient that the xbox,it was less powerful the xbox was release 20 months after it,almost 2 years after. And the PS3 is actually more efficient than the 360... It has less ram video. More complex to work with hardware. Less powerful GPU. And still Uncharted 3 beat any 360 game graphically,imagine if the odds were the other way around.

I wouldn't say that as the ps3 has the more powerful cpu, more available bandwidth outside 360's EDRAM, and can program to the metal. I'd say they both have advantages, imagine if the 360 allowed programmers to code to the metal? 360 has plenty of games that will stand toe with the ps3's best.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

Sounds pretty good.

PS4

If PS4 has a real-time OS, with a libGCM style low level access to the GPU, then the PS4 1st party games will be years ahead of the PC simply because it opens up what is possible on the GPU. Note this won't happen right away on launch, but once developers tool up for the platform, this will be the case.

Caseytappy

LibGCM doesn't solve NVIDIA RSX's hardware design issues. Anyway, AMD/ATI has a pattern to include significant non-DX hardware with thier GPUs. For example. Radeon X1900 has 1. GpGPU features i.e. goes beyond SM3.0 but fails DX10's SM4.0. 2. Support for DX10's 3DC+ texture compression format. 3. Similar hardware as NVIDIA G80's GigaThread e.g. ATI's Ultra-Threads. 4. Good shader branch performance. Timothy's blog only highlighted some of AMD GCN's non-DX features.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]Yeah, people do seem to be getting excited by this article.

tormentos

PS3's hardware is less efficient than Xbox 360.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]Yeah, people do seem to be getting excited by this article.

Innovazero2000

I wouldn't say that as the ps3 has the more powerful cpu, more available bandwidth outside 360's EDRAM, and can program to the metal. I'd say they both have advantages, imagine if the 360 allowed programmers to code to the metal? 360 has plenty of games that will stand toe with the ps3's best.

There's no need to "hit the metal" with HSA. For MS camp, refer to HSA enabled MS C++ AMP.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos
[QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

Sounds pretty good.

PS4

ronvalencia

LibGCM doesn't solve NVIDIA RSX's hardware design issues. Anyway, AMD/ATI has a pattern to include significant non-DX hardware with thier GPUs. For example. Radeon X1900 has 1. GpGPU features i.e. goes beyond SM3.0 but fails DX10's SM4.0. 2. Support for DX10's 3DC+ texture compression format. 3. Similar hardware as NVIDIA G80's GigaThread e.g. ATI's Ultra-Threads. 4. Good shader branch performance. Timothy's blog only highlighted some of AMD GCN's non-DX features.

NO and the PS3 >> the 360 graphically... I wonder why..
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ronvalencia

Let's just ignore this sh*t since he said it will be ahead of pc's... What a joke.

speedfog

There's reason why AMD is developing HSA for Windows e.g. HSA enabled MS C++ AMP.

HSA-OCL-v1.21-graphic-e1341960719282.png

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

tormentos

You haven't negated the artwork subjectivity and libGCM doesn't automatically solve RSX's design issues.

"Hiting the metal" doesn't change RSX's crappy branch performance. Playing with libGCM is not much different to writing a NVIDIA G70 driver.

With AMD's "Close-To-Metal" layer, it exposes additional hardware features that DX9c doesn't use.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

good read but i don't think MS will be stupid enough to release a weak ass system when they have money to release a powerful system. If they do release some outdated sh!t like Nintendo is doing then lol. Keep hearing good things about ps4, now make a controller that doesn't suck for shooters and im getting it day one.

silversix_
too much faith in ms being smart. if they were smart, they never wouldve released the xbox with over heating problems.... all companies made mistakes....look at sony and the ps3....look at ninty with gc....sega with everything they did after the genesis
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] LibGCM doesn't solve NVIDIA RSX's hardware design issues. Anyway, AMD/ATI has a pattern to include significant non-DX hardware with thier GPUs. For example. Radeon X1900 has 1. GpGPU features i.e. goes beyond SM3.0 but fails DX10's SM4.0. 2. Support for DX10's 3DC+ texture compression format. 3. Similar hardware as NVIDIA G80's GigaThread e.g. ATI's Ultra-Threads. 4. Good shader branch performance. Timothy's blog only highlighted some of AMD GCN's non-DX features.

You haven't negated the artwork subjectivity and libGCM doesn't automatically solve RSX's design issues.

Also the problem with the PS3 unless the developers take the time and money to develop for the PS3's Cell, the multiplats tend to look and play worse then the 360. The 360 has ease to code for and having better memory allocation with a faster gpu.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="tormentos"] NO and the PS3 >> the 360 graphically... I wonder why..04dcarraher

Also the problem with the PS3 unless the developers take the time and money to develop for the PS3's Cell, the multiplats tend to look and play worse then the 360. The 360 has ease to code for and having better memory allocation with a faster gpu.

If AMD was doing CELL, AMD would be providing the low level ecosystem with a thin-layer software that handles the pumping work and design easy to use hardware e.g. games are not the only apps that needs compute performance with efficiency. Xbox 360 has ALU mode programming model i.e. treat the GPU as a very-wide vector processor mode e.g. Battlefield 3. AMD(from ATI) has more experience with developer relationships compared to IBM.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="tormentos"] NO and the PS3 >> the 360 graphically... I wonder why..04dcarraher

IBM didn't do enough leg work in getting the large tool chain providers to be involved with the new processor and the integration with the GPU.

AMD's HSA is completely different from IBM's efforts with heterogeneous computing initiatives. With PS3, Sony was almost alone, with PS4 you have an armada (i.e. HSA).

For example

amd-fusion-bio,5-1-347509-22.jpg

hsa-foundation-samsung.jpg

Qualcomm is now a HSA member. http://hsafoundation.com/hsa-foundation-announces-qualcomm-as-newest-founder-member/

AMD is using the similar method as with the creation of GDDR standards. Jumping onboard AMD is more than just a hardware selection.

Sony's PS4 is basically an AMD HSA box without Windows.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]The creator of what¿ neverheard of him which Im sure the majority of system wars wont....and I dont know if he said it or you but how can someone call they're creation poor post processing and then be taken seriously.tormentos
He is the creator of FXAA and TXAA for Nvidia hes words >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours by billions of times..

Not just FXAA and TXAA. Tim is from NVIDIA http://blogs.nvidia.com/tag/timothy-lottes/

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Even more IF'S. Just what we need!
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ronvalencia

That's very interesting, so It's less about raw power and more about what the developers can actually access.

Man Microsoft is horribly inefficient, Hopefully whatever linux is cooking up puts them to shame.

ReadingRainbow4

Microsoft knows about this issue hence why MS working with HSA for thier MS C++ AMP.

http://hsafoundation.com/f-a-q/

Q: Will HSA support Microsoft C++ AMP?

A: HSA will support Microsoft C++ AMP

HSA-OCL-v1.21-graphic-e1341960719282.png

On Windows, we may see changes beyond DirectX11.1 Level 11.1.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

He posted some more in the comments.

H0DkyrP.png

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 04dcarraher

He posted some more in the comments.killzowned24

The only flaw in that post is the rumor of the 720 memory being at 102 GB/s which is fast enough to all the console parts and for the gpu. The ESram is a buffer that is suppose to have 170GB/s which means that it will be fine. the xbox specs might be this CPU: 8 Core X64 chip running at 1.6GHZ with 4MB of L2 cache. each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache - each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache - each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources - each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock RAM: 8GB of DDR3(102 GB/s, it may be GDDR3) along with 32MB of "ESRAM", connected directly to the GPU. - from the GPUs perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec Graphics: Custom Direct3D graphics chip supporting DX11.1, running at 800MHZ. 12 Compute Units providing a total of 768 Stream Processors It looks like a slightly customized downclocked AMD 7850 performance type of GPU. It reminds me of the AFOX's 'HD 7850' Prototype. Storage: SATA II HDD, presumably varied sizing options. Suggested default of 500GB. Optical Drive: 6x 50GB Blu Ray Networking: Gigabit ethernet and 802.11 a/b/n/g WiFi as standard Connectivity: USB 3.0, Kinect In, HDMI 1.4a in/out, SPDFI out

avshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 avshaman
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts
so cows are now going to start deluding themselves again? the PS3 was not more powerful then PCs at the time and neither will the PS4rilpas
It's not more powerful in terms of specs, but in terms of what has actually been accomplished on the PS3 it surpasses almost everything on the PC. The best PS3 games--heck, Halo 4 on the 360 too--look better than the vast majority of games on the PC. I'm not talking about things like framerate or anti-aliasing, which do make the image quality more pleasing and the response from the controls more precise. I'm talking about the core elements that comprise the visuals: things like textures, post-processing effects, shader techniques, lighting and shadows, etc. I'm not speaking out of ignorance. I own a fairly high-level gaming PC with a GTX 670, but it's simply the truth that developers leverage the performance of consoles to a much greater degree than they do with the PC.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="rilpas"]so cows are now going to start deluding themselves again? the PS3 was not more powerful then PCs at the time and neither will the PS4avshaman
It's not more powerful in terms of specs, but in terms of what has actually been accomplished on the PS3 it surpasses almost everything on the PC. The best PS3 games--heck, Halo 4 on the 360 too--look better than the vast majority of games on the PC. I'm not talking about things like framerate or anti-aliasing, which do make the image quality more pleasing and the response from the controls more precise. I'm talking about the core elements that comprise the visuals: things like textures, post-processing effects, shader techniques, lighting and shadows, etc. I'm not speaking out of ignorance. I own a fairly high-level gaming PC with a GTX 670, but it's simply the truth that developers leverage the performance of consoles to a much greater degree than they do with the PC.

False in almost all respects

avshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 avshaman
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts

[QUOTE="avshaman"][QUOTE="rilpas"]so cows are now going to start deluding themselves again? the PS3 was not more powerful then PCs at the time and neither will the PS404dcarraher

Not false at all. Decent PCs offers much more power than a console yet very few games on the PC look better than the better console exclusives. This is my opinion from actually owning a gaming PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The Witcher 2 is the best looking PC game to my eyes and yet when I compare it directly, side by side to Uncharted 3 I find the latter game to look better in many cases. It is at the very least tied. And this is on the same 1080p display, where Uncharted 3 has the disadvantage of lower native resolution. Still, it somehow looks very sharp and clear. The Witcher 2, even though outputting native 1920x1080 doesn't really look appreciably sharper or clearer.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="avshaman"] It's not more powerful in terms of specs, but in terms of what has actually been accomplished on the PS3 it surpasses almost everything on the PC. The best PS3 games--heck, Halo 4 on the 360 too--look better than the vast majority of games on the PC. I'm not talking about things like framerate or anti-aliasing, which do make the image quality more pleasing and the response from the controls more precise. I'm talking about the core elements that comprise the visuals: things like textures, post-processing effects, shader techniques, lighting and shadows, etc. I'm not speaking out of ignorance. I own a fairly high-level gaming PC with a GTX 670, but it's simply the truth that developers leverage the performance of consoles to a much greater degree than they do with the PC.avshaman

Not false at all. Decent PCs offers much more power than a console yet very few games on the PC look better than the better console exclusives. This is my opinion from actually owning a gaming PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The Witcher 2 is the best looking PC game to my eyes and yet when I compare it directly, side by side to Uncharted 3 I find the latter game to look better in many cases. It is at the very least tied. And this is on the same 1080p display, where Uncharted 3 has the disadvantage of lower native resolution. Still, it somehow looks very sharp and clear. The Witcher 2, even though outputting native 1920x1080 doesn't really look appreciably sharper or clearer.

Look better? This is subjective.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="rilpas"]so cows are now going to start deluding themselves again? the PS3 was not more powerful then PCs at the time and neither will the PS4avshaman

Halo 4 doesn't have real time SSAO.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ReadingRainbow4

One thing for sure, he really pissed off the xbots.

Talk about uneducated, hate-filled comments.