Could this be the best E3 coming up?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By TigerSuperman

Poll Could this be the best E3 coming up? (27 votes)

Yes 89%
No 11%

You have Sony finally having their delayed releases coming out, You got Phil Spencer leading Xbox on, and you got Nintendo releasing a report to investors about more focus on showing off the Gamepad features and NFC.

The amount of nears and future released games at this E3 will probably be 3x as exciting as back in 2007.

Sig

____

NEW2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161295749952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45108 Posts

Yes, it'll be good. It's cut throat these days, they gotta bring their A game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Does it matter.... ? The real thing never lives up to the E3 Demo.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

technically, i guess it could.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

bombshells everywhere.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Last E3 was very good with MS looking dumb & Sony making them look even dumber. This E3 could be the best besides that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

technically, i guess it could.

Yes, of the upcoming E3s on my calender this does seem like the best one coming up.

It might even be (dare I say it) the best upcoming E3 this year!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

It will be huge. Microsoft's presentation alone will make it the biggest, most ground breaking E3........................Ever.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It will be huge. Microsoft's presentation alone will make it the biggest, most ground breaking E3........................Ever.

Yeah, the same could be said of their performance at last years E3 lol. They really took it to a new level.

Honestly, no matter what they pull off this year it will be boring by comparison.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

That is if you own a ps4.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FoxbatAlpha

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah, the same could be said of their performance at last years E3 lol. They really took it to a new level.

Honestly, no matter what they pull off this year it will be boring by comparison.

shit muh fucka. I got one word. Phil muh fukn Spenca.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LadyBlue

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lels. "The xbox is going to be much more powerful than the ps4, sony doesn't have the money to build a powerful system, meanwhile Microsoft truck loads!" lol don't forget, "sony will implement drm too, ms wouldn't screw themselves over."

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Higher special effects, and better framerate in multiplats

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

Weak hardware, and still looking for hidden gpgpu, and secret sauces, with a hint of dx12.

Dead last in sales for boners.

Downgrades to their entire e3 line up(ryse, Forza, DR3)

Framerate issues(lol dead rising , and it's 10fps slide show)

Sub-1080P gaming, (lol metal gear solid V 720P@60FPS, meanwhile ps4 version has better textures, effects,clouds, 1080P, and 60FPS) "game looks beautiful upscaled to faux 1080P" said a delusional lemming

Terrible picture degradation with crushed blacks, and filters , with huge loss of details in games.

Booom!! lems be owned, lems be extra mad.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You can't play Phil Spencer.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LadyBlue

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's all they have to look forward too. Sad bunch got lied to by their "saviors" "no way we give up that much in performance", blam deceived.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I wonder who's gonna be the presenter for Sony this year now that Jack Tretton retired... Maybe Shu? But his English is so bad I don't think it'd be a good idea. mmmm

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha

@ladyblue said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lels. "The xbox is going to be much more powerful than the ps4, sony doesn't have the money to build a powerful system, meanwhile Microsoft truck loads!" lol don't forget, "sony will implement drm too, ms wouldn't screw themselves over."

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

Weak hardware, and still looking for hidden gpgpu, and secret sauces, with a hint of dx12.

Sub-1080P gaming, (lol metal gear solid V 720P@60FPS, meanwhile ps4 version has better textures, effects,clouds, 1080P, and 60FPS) "game looks beautiful upscaled to faux 1080P" said a delusional lemming

Terrible picture degradation with crushed blacks, and filters , with huge loss of details in games.

Stopped reading at 50% more powerful. You are so gullible that you believed a comment from a indie dev. Stay brainwashed even this dev retracted his statement.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I wonder who's gonna be the presenter for Sony this year now that Jack Tretton retired... Maybe Shu? But his English is so bad I don't think it'd be a good idea. mmmm

I'd welcome Shu, he doesn't even have to talk much. Just be his lovable self and show us game after game.

Imagine he's showing off a multiplat, say it's COD. *puke*

"And thisa game will be 1080p on praystation, as you can see by this side by side image, it will be 900p on Microsoft's system, nintendo has not the game."

No Shu No! No!. (Crowd erupts in a mixture of rage and laughter)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FoxbatAlpha

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You cant play DriveClub either.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LadyBlue

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ladyblue said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

Stopped reading at 50% more powerful. You are so gullible that you believed a comment from a indie dev. Stay brainwashed even this dev retracted his statement.

That's why MGS is running circles around the bone version(1080P60FPS, with better AA, higher quality textures, and special effects, while the xbone version is playing at last gen's resolution, with no AA, and missing special effects. Stay last gen dirty lem. Every multiplats plays, and looks considerably better on the PS4. Don't forget it will be the go to place for online gaming in consoles.

Talks about gullible(nevermind the factual evidence proving me right) even funnier is that you believe that dx12 will give it two times the performance. Stay mad lemming.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@ladyblue said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ladyblue said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

That's why MGS is running circles around the bone version(1080P60FPS, with better AA, higher quality textures, and special effects, while the xbone version is playing at last gen's resolution, with no AA, and missing special effects. Stay last gen dirty lem. Every multiplats plays, and looks considerably better on the PS4. Don't forget it will be the go to place for online gaming in consoles.

Talks about gullible(nevermind the factual evidence proving me right) even funnier is that you believe that dx12 will give it two times the performance. Stay mad lemming.

Here, from your favorite commercial. Enjoy!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Yes, it probably is. With Sony dominating I expect M$ and Nintendo to try extra hard to gain relevancy again (especially Nintendo). I don't think it will work out for them but it should be nice to see M$ try to actually please gamers again. I expect Sony to keep dominating as usual, they have the strongest 1st party now and with their dominance in sales I expect a lot of 3rd party devs and publishers will want to be in their camp (everyone likes a winner).

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

No, this years E3 is just hyped because PS4 and Xbox One have been starving with games. We're all just excited to see what's coming. 2015 E3 will probably be the one to watch. I'm just excited for NHL 15, can't wait. Sports Game of the year.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LadyBlue

@FoxbatAlpha: You're a beautiful soul, even if you have questionable taste in gaming.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@I_can_haz said:

they have the strongest 1st party now

Some day, this might be true. In a way I even expect it to be. Not today though and not even close lol. They're making all the right moves and I appreciate them for it. It's paying off slowly, but surely. It's just a long uphill battle to dethrone Nintendo as the #1 1st party. Sony only has one team under their belt that even begins to compete with Nintendos stronger studios.

Agreed with the rest though. Sony is in a great position to take this E3 and this generation altogether. MS and especially Nintendo are in desperation mode. Should be an interesting show.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ConanTheStoner

@ladyblue said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

Not sure if you misunderstood my post or if I'm misunderstanding yours.

I was just taking a jab at how monumentally fucked their last E3 was. Though the point still stands, good or bad, there is no way this E3 will be as entertaining as their last.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LadyBlue

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ladyblue said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Results?

PS4

50% more powerful

No DRM

Real 1080P gaming

Number 1 in sales

_____

Xbone

Not sure if you misunderstood my post or if I'm misunderstanding yours.

I was just taking a jab at how monumentally fucked their last E3 was. Though the point still stands, good or bad, there is no way this E3 will be as entertaining as their last.

Complementing your post. Things were said about how MS wouldn't screw themselves over.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Nintendo and Sony will dominate. Don't know about MS, but who really cares about them?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@ladyblue said:

Complementing your post. Things were said about how MS wouldn't screw themselves over.

Oh I see then haha!

Yeah, they need to pull a fucking zoo out of the hat this year. They don't have the limited safety of Nintendos awkward uniqueness and 1st party. They compete on the same exact terms as Sony and so far they're behind in every area that counts. Even a Halo reveal can only go so far. I'm expecting MS to pull a bunch of 3rd party devs onto the stage to reveal multiplats. And sure it generates hype for the show, but when those same games end up on PS4 and PC in better form it doesn't really mean much.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: She was such a hottie.

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

New IP's? Check
New PS4 and Xbox One Exclusives? Check
Star Wars Battlefront? Check
Uncharted? Check
The Order 1886? Check
Halo? Check
Destiny? Check
Mass Effect? Check
Sunset Overdrive? Check
Dragon Age? Check

Shall I continue?

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

Its going to be freaking awesome. MS will get back in with some games and SW can get some shiny new xbone supporters to replace all those lens who committed account suicide. Then Sony will shut them down again by announcing a sequel to Uncharted, GT, Demon Souls, and Dark Cloud.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Gue1 said:

This guy

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#32 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Great games are going to be at E3 .

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#33 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

definitely.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

Banderas being the host would be the greatest thing ever, but only if he plays it completely straight. Not a single elbow raise thingy. Would be even better if he were an actual gamer and excited.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Microsoft has a lot to prove, so that will be exciting. Sony has a lot to hold on to, so that will be exciting. Nintendo won't be there, so that will be exciting.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

For PS4 owners it will be. Gameplay demos of Project Beast, Uncharted 4, The Order, Destiny, Final Fantasy XV and many others.

M$ will have Halo, COD and TV shows. I don't expect much from them.

Nintendo will have Smash, X, Bayonetta 2 and their new Zelda so their core fans should be satisified.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#38 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It'll suck without surprises. Please, someone, surprise the crap out of us. Nintendo Wii U price drop to 99USD, Sony's VR headset ready by Christmas, Microsoft spins off Xbox and tries to convince you it's a good thing -- anything we're not expecting is a good thing.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

I'm hyped. Bring on the games!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Generally speaking, the only joy to be derived from E3 is the badness.

Game wise, haven't really given a shit about them in years.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By B4X

@musicalmac said:

It'll suck without surprises. Please, someone, surprise the crap out of us. Nintendo Wii U price drop to 99USD, Sony's VR headset ready by Christmas, Microsoft spins off Xbox and tries to convince you it's a good thing -- anything we're not expecting is a good thing.

So all positives for every company except Microsoft? How about an EA Xbox division merger? That is more likely to happen with Microsoft's giant Money hat. Or how about an Hostile take over of Sony. Offering Sony share holders 5 US dollars over their current market value of Sony shares.

You guys post around here like a company with a Multi billion dollar profit margin a quarter is some how not going to do something ridiculous?

A company that just bought Nokia. A company that bought Skype with pocket change. You're a mod dude. Come on man...?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@b4x said:

So all positive for every company except Microsoft? How about an EA Xbox division merger? That is more likely to happen with Microsoft giant Money hat. Or how about an Hostile take over of Sony. Offering Sony share holders 5 dollar US of their current value of Sony shares.

You guys post around here like a company with a Multi billion dollar profit margin a quarter is some how not going to do something ridiculous?

A company that just bought Nokia. A company that bought Skype with pocket change. You're a mod dude. Come on man...?

Don't take it personally.

Maybe Microsoft goes out and buys Sony, they certainly could. They have enough liquid assets to buy Sony twice (and Apple has enough to buy Microsoft about three times -- just for perspective). I've said a few times already that MS is going to out-live the sinking Sony and Nintendo.

A merger/buyout of EA by Microsoft would INDEED be bombshell, industry-shaking news. I agree.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

they have the strongest 1st party now

False.

Nintendo does.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

New hardware demos are always fun, but this will be the e3 we see a lot of core xbox and playstation games, in addition Zelda on wiiu.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 B4X

@musicalmac said:

@b4x said:

So all positive for every company except Microsoft? How about an EA Xbox division merger? That is more likely to happen with Microsoft giant Money hat. Or how about an Hostile take over of Sony. Offering Sony share holders 5 dollar US of their current value of Sony shares.

Don't take it personally.

Maybe Microsoft goes out and buys Sony, they certainly could. They have enough liquid assets to buy Sony twice (and Apple has enough to buy Microsoft about three times -- just for perspective). I've said a few times already that MS is going to out-live the sinking Sony and Nintendo.

A merger/buyout of EA by Microsoft would INDEED be bombshell, industry-shaking news. I agree.

I don't think apple could offer enough money to Microsoft shareholders to budge. They have had quarterly profits for years. You don't cut off the golden gooses head to make a few bucks.

Personally? I just don't like Hyperbole. I hear ya though.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@b4x said:

I don't think apple could offer enough money to Microsoft shareholders to budge. They have had quarterly profits for years. You don't cut off the golden gooses head to make a few bucks.

I don't think you know how much money Apple has.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Sony gonna rock the house, a usual.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

You would think so but but I don't see it happening, looking at every developer working on Next Gen, Sony is the only one holding stuff close to it's chest, and the only one who has the biggest pressure on them.

End of the day all the fanboys of Xbox will come out and say they will do this and that and this blah blah blah but time and time again Microsofts press conferences are predictable, I mean the games what we will see have already been mentioned and that is all there first party exclusives, Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears. I think Microsoft are going to have to pull off an absolute epic show, but as normal i think there going to do not much else than there normal stuff. I hope i'm wrong, but all there big hitters have been announced already, there ain't much hype going into Microsofts E3 conference to be quite honest.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 B4X

@musicalmac said:

@b4x said:

I don't think you know how much money Apple has.

Last I heard. About 365 billion in assets. The iPhone or iPad could tank. Not saying they would. That money could be gone in a blink of an eye in a fragile market. I see where it would be majorly beneficial in the short term for Microsoft shareholders. I just don't think they would bite. With Microsoft stock there is true staying power. Gates is the richest man in the world. That should say something. The guy gives away like 2 billion a year to fund charity's.

I'm by no means a marking GURU. Apple could do it.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 B4X

@bezza2011 said:

You would think so but but I don't see it happening, looking at every developer working on Next Gen, Sony is the only one holding stuff close to it's chest, and the only one who has the biggest pressure on them.

End of the day all the fanboys of Xbox will come out and say they will do this and that and this blah blah blah but time and time again Microsofts press conferences are predictable, I mean the games what we will see have already been mentioned and that is all there first party exclusives, Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears. I think Microsoft are going to have to pull off an absolute epic show, but as normal i think there going to do not much else than there normal stuff. I hope i'm wrong, but all there big hitters have been announced already, there ain't much hype going into Microsofts E3 conference to be quite honest.

I'm sure you meant to post gamers right?