Corrinne Yu leaves Microsoft for Naughty Dog TLHBO

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

Jumping the sinking ship

she was one of the most talented people at 343i and the reason why halo 4 looked so great

Anyways

TLHBO

#2 Posted by Krelian-co (10673 posts) -

anyone would jump to naughty dog, people know they beat any other dev to the ground.

#3 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

You really are a sad little man.

#4 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20493 posts) -

lol people are literally just looking for random shit to post so they can say TLHBO lol

Oh yeah TC, you got your H and you B mixed up in your thread title :P

#5 Edited by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You really are a sad little man.

I'm just posting the news, so fvuck off

#6 Edited by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

lol people are literally just looking for random shit to post so they can say TLHBO lol

Oh yeah TC, you got your H and you B mixed up in your thread title :P

Thank you kind sir.

#7 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

He has a point. This is a bad sign for Ms. A later tweet says she's glad she won't have to use win 8 for developing anymore.

We all know ms can more than match any salary she's been offered elsewhere so clearly there's another reason she decided to leave...

#8 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3139 posts) -

Naughty Dog just became that much more talented, wow nice hire. That's a shame for 343i... that will be interesting. Still a very talented group, but big loss.

#9 Posted by Suppaman100 (3863 posts) -

GOOD JOB TC, I know lemmings will be on FULL DC now.

You should post more, we miss people with rational functioning minds who aren't biased.

I applaud you.

#10 Posted by Caseytappy (2132 posts) -

Spy infiltration imminent !

#11 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Didn't realise that cows suddenly liked 343

#12 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

Who? I have no idea who that is.

Please give the new topic button a rest.

#13 Edited by Caseytappy (2132 posts) -

Cows seem to like everything they hated with a passion last gen .

#14 Posted by RossRichard (2351 posts) -

anyone would jump to naughty dog, people know they beat any other dev to the ground.

I would say Rockstar is better, Valve is about the same.

#15 Posted by JohnF111 (14090 posts) -

@Krelian-co: it's not just talent, they get great treatment as well, not worked like a slave like other studios.

#16 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Halo 4 looked incredibly pretty. Anyone who denies that is an idiot. Ofc the game played like a piece of shit, but that's another story. The main reason it looked amazing was because of Corrine. Now she's at Naughty Dog. So the best first party studio just got a whole lot better. The new Halo game is gonna suck gameplay wise and it's also gonna look crap without her.

She also has a background at NASA...HNNNNNNNGGGG Naughty God space game incoming.

#17 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3943 posts) -

direct x is developers worst nightmare.

good to see that developers no longer need that garbage due to ps4, amd and mantle.

#18 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Halo 4 looked incredibly pretty. Anyone who denies that is an idiot. Ofc the game played like a piece of shit, but that's another story. The main reason it looked amazing was because of Corrine. Now she's at Naughty Dog. So the best first party studio just got a whole lot better. The new Halo game is gonna suck gameplay wise and it's also gonna look crap without her.

She also has a background at NASA...HNNNNNNNGGGG Naughty God space game incoming.

Damn bro that crystal ball of yours is incredible. Anyway no one is gonna buy The One for Halo unless Halo is as great as Halo 2 or even Halo 3 was. 343 just need to listen to their fanbase this time around when it comes to the multiplayer side

#19 Edited by Desmonic (13768 posts) -

...I fail to see the importance of this...good for her I guess?...

#20 Posted by casharmy (6829 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

lol, that's hilarious. Everyone seems to hate working with MS, no surprise really.

# Greatness Awaits

#21 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6549 posts) -

TLHBO

#22 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9656 posts) -

Dont know who she is, dont really care, BUT i guess thats good for ND. The more talented people the better.

#23 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

The PS4 atracts hotness and talent. The Xbone atracts douchebags and dumbassity. It's just the nature of things.

#24 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Nice draft, ND.

#25 Edited by AM-Gamer (3811 posts) -

I have never heard of her, is she a well known programmer ?

#26 Posted by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

Very good.......TLHBO

#27 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8864 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

I'd say Valve is better... And pretty much every Nintendo dev, Insomniac, Sucker-Punch, Media Molecule, Santa Monica, Ubisoft Montpillier, From Soft, Rocksteady, Platinum games, Treasure, and the list goes on and on :)

Having said that, I've heard Naughty Dog is a very nice place to work so good for her! They have integrity, I'll give them that much.

#28 Edited by Zero5000X (8192 posts) -

I don't even know who she is. If this wasn't about a Microsoft employee going to Sony nobody would care.

#29 Edited by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

#30 Edited by Shewgenja (8791 posts) -

She has a really pretty face.

#31 Posted by Gue1 (9775 posts) -

never even heard of her but apparently she's considered to be an elite programmer within the industry.

#32 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

The problem was Gearbox.

#33 Posted by Seabas989 (10182 posts) -

Who?

Good for her I guess.

#34 Posted by Chutebox (37019 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I haven't played a Halo since Reach, what did they do so wrong or differently that people hated it?

#35 Posted by SirBrandt (60 posts) -

I guess she wanted to join real developers, instead of those nincompoops @ 343

#36 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

I want to work for Naught Dog, heck I would be a tea lady if they so desired!

#37 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3543 posts) -

How about you fuck off.

#38 Edited by mems_1224 (46973 posts) -

lulz. weren't the cows crying who cares a few weeks ago when some former sony dude left for microsoft? silly hypocritical cows.

#39 Posted by coasterguy65 (5927 posts) -

How will Microsoft survive this? Who is she again?

#40 Posted by Chutebox (37019 posts) -

lulz. weren't the cows crying who cares a few weeks ago when some former sony dude left for microsoft? silly hypocritical cows.

OT: I picked up Case Keenum, that idiot better not pull him again.

#41 Edited by mems_1224 (46973 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@mems_1224 said:

OT: I picked up Case Keenum, that idiot better not pull him again.

I would put 0 faith in Kubiak. Guy is a moron.

#42 Edited by Gue1 (9775 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

are you talking about the community manager of the PS Blog? lol, dat desperation. XD

#43 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

So when is she gonna' start work on Crash Bandicoot 4?

:(

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (46973 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@mems_1224 said:

a community manager... lol, dat desperation. XD

sony got owned. u mad?

#45 Edited by Gue1 (9775 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

@RossRichard said:

@Krelian-co said:

I'd say Valve is better... And pretty much every Nintendo dev, Insomniac, Sucker-Punch, Media Molecule, Santa Monica, Ubisoft Montpillier, From Soft, Rocksteady, Platinum games, Treasure, and the list goes on and on :)

Having said that, I've heard Naughty Dog is a very nice place to work so good for her! They have integrity, I'll give them that much.

yep. I think that's why ND has the most awards and GOTYs compared to any other dev. Including awards chosen by devs. Because ND is not as good or better than any of the devs you mentioned.... XD

#46 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

TLHBO!

#47 Edited by clone01 (24656 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@StriateEnd said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

lol, that's hilarious. Everyone seems to hate working with MS, no surprise really.

# Greatness Awaits

What a misinformed, horrible post...

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/2012/snapshots/76.html

#48 Posted by Desmonic (13768 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

@Krelian-co said:

Heavily disagree with the ones underlined, especially Insomniac. They used to be great but now they are pretty inconsistent, even with Ratchet which is a shame. Hope they get back on their game with Sunset Overdrive.

They aren't quite up there with some of the legendary dev studios, but this past gen (and considering also their past series/games) they've put themselves just a step or two behind that elite, which is quite something.

#49 Edited by clone01 (24656 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I haven't played a Halo since Reach, what did they do so wrong or differently that people hated it?

Many complain that the multiplayer kind of become "cod-ified" on Halo 4. I can't really speak, as I'm just not really much of a multiplayer guy unless its coop.

#50 Edited by PyratRum (561 posts) -

I know some people are scoffing this off a no big deal but Corrine Yu is an extremely talented developer. She's responsible for both Borderlands and Halo 4's graphics engine. Adding her to Naughty Dog's already impressive visual team is pretty awesome.