Console graphics king vs console exclusives (why exclude PC?)

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#101 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

Playing these games at 720, which is an EXTREMELY low resolution, and at 30FPS is really not that hard, and just compare them to a very demanding PC like Crysis or Far Cry 2, and it's not so impressive anymore. Pretty good for such an old system, I agree on that, but not mind-bobbling.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

As long as the word "console" is used when talking about graphics king, I am willing to leave PC out of it. But when a thread is made saying X console game is the graphics kings and the word console is not used, then I bring PC into it and laugh at the TC the whole time while doing so. As for exclusives. If it is on more than one system, it is not exclusive. Take Gears for example. It is not exclusive because it is on more than one system. It is on the 360 AND the PC. MLB 09 The Show is not exclusive because it is on three different systems.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

[QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

We don't bring up PC gaming because PC gaming is dead. Even MS won't port Fable 2, Halo 3, or Gears 2 to PC. What's the point of having a super gaming rig to play year old 360 ports (if they even do port it). Better stick to World of Warcraft.

MegajerkNYC

I dunno, to play the PC's larger library of exclusives?

As for PC gaming being dead...

Oh you mean WoW and Guild Wars? Keep that.

I love Guild Wars, but if you think that those are the only good exclusives on PC, then you know nothing of PC gaming and what it has to offer and shouldn't really even be posting in this thread.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
PC doesn't count A) low medium, medium, max settings ..... Graphics vary from PC b) Mods c) Its pointless, PC enthusiasts won't even admit console games look better than HL2 :roll: d) Gaming PCs cost ALOT more e) Console exclusives technically don't exist f) PC isn't a brand... HP,Dell, Toshiba, Acer. Kinda hard to say 3 different console brands vs tens of PC brands
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] PC doesn't count A) low medium, medium, max settings ..... Graphics vary from PC

Any PC with mainstream Geforce 8600 GT**/8700 GT/9500 GS and Radeon HD 3670/4650 will play most console ported games at 1280x720p and near max/high details(or comparable console details). **2007 release year. [QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] b) Mods c) Its pointless, PC enthusiasts won't even admit console games look better than HL2 :roll: d) Gaming PCs cost ALOT more

It's actually cheaper for me i.e. claim it on tax at max $800 AUD per year. For $2500 "gaming" laptop, its depreciation expense is spread for at least 3 years.
iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

there are graphics cards that are more then a PS3 i rest my case.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#107 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

PCs dont have 1 set of hardware unlike consoles so comparing the obviously more powerful hardware in constantly improving PCs against the non changing hardware in the consoles is pointless, because we all know PCs can be made far more powerful then any console.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]PC doesn't count A) low medium, medium, max settings ..... Graphics vary from PC b) Mods c) Its pointless, PC enthusiasts won't even admit console games look better than HL2 :roll: d) Gaming PCs cost ALOT more e) Console exclusives technically don't exist f) PC isn't a brand... HP,Dell, Toshiba, Acer. Kinda hard to say 3 different console brands vs tens of PC brands

Why would you count the different brands of BUILDERS of PC's when they all run the same programs and games? They don't have different games for different companies, so why even go in that direction? And yes, there are console games that look better than Half Life 2.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

there are graphics cards that are more then a PS3 i rest my case.

iki080
What is your case? lmao That was a pretty simple post with absolutely no point to it.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="SW_modified"]I've been here for 1 full day and I've watched over SW for a few months now. One of the things I've noticed is the use of the term console graphics king. Console graphics king- a game that has the best graphics on consoles (excludes PC) Console exclusive- PC/360, PC/PS3 multiplats (excludes PC) Can you see where I'm going with this? Both terms exclude the PC. Console exclusives aren't brought up anyway and that is not my main point. People say something can't be a multiplat and exclusive at the same time because this is SYSTEM WARS not CONSOLE WARS. Therefore, the PC must be considered. People continue to argue this issue however. Allow me to follow up with this question: if this in fact SYSTEM WARS and not CONSOLE WARS, why is the PC ignored when discussing graphics kings? "PC doesn't count because it always wins" -_- That is the only defense for the console graphics kings. Now I present you wih this ultimatum: either include the PC in everything or ignore when we're only comparing consoles.TheGrat1

I don't like including PC in graphics threads beccause PS graphics are inconsistent. Not everyone's PC can run Cysis at the same levelof all those pretty screens that are thrown around here. This is what Crysis looks like an minimum settings.

Unstandardized hardware is simultaneously the PC's greatest strength and its greatest weakness. I could propose that we judge the graphics of PC games by what everyone can achieve, not just a select few, and it would make perfect logical sense. Thats why the term Console Graphics King exists, because the graphics are the same for everyone and easily comprable as long as you have a TV capable of displaying the apporpriate resolutions.

One should factor in the annual unit sales of HD consoles(PS3+Xbox360) VS mainstream PC GPUs e.g. NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT/8700GT/9500GS/9600GT/GT130 and ATI Radeon HD 26x0/36x0/46x0.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ronvalencia

Playing these games at 720, which is an EXTREMELY low resolution, and at 30FPS is really not that hard, and just compare them to a very demanding PC like Crysis or Far Cry 2, and it's not so impressive anymore. Pretty good for such an old system, I agree on that, but not mind-bobbling.

Hanass
Compared to Crysis, FarCry 2 is not a demanding game.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

So everytime somone wants to just debate between the 360 and PS3 the PC has to be involved as well? That sounds a little foolish don't ya think? Thats like someone saying you know I'm tired of everyone talking about who the better team isbetween the Red Sox and Yankees but they never include the Phillies because they won the world series last year. Its called debates, thats what it is about. If the debate is about cars then thats what it is about, not about helicopters. :|

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

We don't bring up PC gaming because PC gaming is dead. Even MS won't port Fable 2, Halo 3, or Gears 2 to PC. What's the point of having a super gaming rig to play year old 360 ports (if they even do port it). Better stick to World of Warcraft.

Besides Crysis Warhead and other PC exclusives, PC has access to games such as Prototype, Mirror's Edge, Race Driver GRID, Assassins Creed, Lost Planet, FEAR2, The Witcher, Mass Effect, Fallout3, Sacred 2, FarCry2, H.A.W.X., The Last Remnant, Devil May Cry, BurnOut Paradise, Two Worlds, Damnation, Never Winters Night 2 and 'etc'.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ronvalencia

So everytime somone wants to just debate between the 360 and PS3 the PC has to be involved as well? That sounds a little foolish don't ya think? Thats like someone saying you know I'm tired of everyone talking about who the better team isbetween the Red Sox and Yankees but they never include the Phillies because they won the world series last year. Its called debates, thats what it is about. If the debate is about cars then thats what it is about, not about helicopters. :|

xscrapzx
This is "system wars".
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 xscrapzx
The rules of system wars require you to include PC. Yes, PC does win, and it's idiotic to exclude it. It's like having an Olympic race, and giving the gold medal to the guy in second place.subrosian
I totally agree with you, but if a debate and or subject is about two consoles then I don't see the reason why the PC has to be brought in the discussion at all.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

This is "system wars".

Ok so everytime we talk about anything in here it has to be about the same things over and over again? So if a game comes out on both PS3 and 360 and we are discussing what we believe to be the best on one of the consoles we have to bring the PC in? Why?
therealnerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 therealnerdd
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts
only lemmings are excluding pc.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

this is a nicer way of saying What system has the second best graphics.

if you say it that way pc gamers wouldn't object.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#119 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Then there would be nothing to argue about.
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts
One must exclude PC games because they are obviously the most powerful "system." I concede that. I used to be a hardcore PC gamer, but I got tired of configuring/tweaking my games (even though medium usually looks quite good) and I would spend more on a graphics card than I would a console Comparing the PC to the others would be like comparing the Pittsburgh Steelers (PC) to the Florida Gators (Others). While the Gators are an amazing team that destroys the College competition, they couldn't stand up against an NFL team.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#121 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
The only reason is because PC annihilates consoles in terms of graphics.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#122 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

As long as the word "console" is used when talking about graphics king, I am willing to leave PC out of it. But when a thread is made saying X console game is the graphics kings and the word console is not used, then I bring PC into it and laugh at the TC the whole time while doing so. As for exclusives. If it is on more than one system, it is not exclusive. Take Gears for example. It is not exclusive because it is on more than one system. It is on the 360 AND the PC. MLB 09 The Show is not exclusive because it is on three different systems.

TheGreatOutdoor
Hey I understand that point. But inSW rules there is no excluding. The PC displays graphics, is a system, and plays games. Imo, therefore any crowning to be done must include the PC as well. If we're willing to leave PC out as long as we use the disclaimer "console" then games on 360/PC should be used in a strictly PS3- 360 comparison. Graphics are on the PC as well so it's not "console exclusive" either.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

The only reason is because PC annihilates consoles in terms of graphics.aaronmullan

Good freakin LORD...I have NEVER in all my years seen a PC game that "ANNIHILATES" a console game...EVER in my life and I have been around playing games longer than most here im sure. I have seen top of the line PC and console graphics from 1980 until now and have YET to see it. Please dont be so dramatic about the differences in graphics when compairing the 2 as its very little..thanks have a nice day folks..

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hanass

Good freakin LORD...I have NEVER in all my years seen a PC game that "ANNIHILATES" a console game...EVER in my life and I have been around playing games longer than most here im sure. I have seen top of the line PC and console graphics from 1980 until now and have YET to see it. Please dont be so dramatic about the differences in graphics when compairing the 2 as its very little..thanks have a nice day folks..

The resolution alone=nuff said: 1280X720 VS up to 2560X1600.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]The only reason is because PC annihilates consoles in terms of graphics.FunkyHeadHunter

Crysis. It annihilates any console game, and don't say it doesn't.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]The only reason is because PC annihilates consoles in terms of graphics.aaronmullan

You haven't played Killzone 2, have you? :?
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Hanass

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

Floppy_Jim

I have, and all I can say is that they use so much blurring (or is it the super low framerate of 30FPS?) that you can't see jack ****, so who anybody who says that it "beats" Crysis in graphics is hallucinating or just making it up. There is no way to know for sure unless they remove the blurring (but they can't increase framerate...), but then again why hide everything? Seems suspicious enough to me.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"] Crysis. It annihilates any console game, and don't say it doesn't.Hanass

I have, and all I can say is that they use so much blurring (or is it the super low framerate of 30FPS?) that you can't see jack ****, so who anybody who says that it "beats" Crysis in graphics is hallucinating or just making it up. There is no way to know for sure unless they remove the blurring (but they can't increase framerate...), but then again why hide everything? Seems suspicious enough to me.

I know, I was kidding :P I know it doesn't touch Crysis. Well, I've never seen Crysis in motion but I'd like to.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 aaronmullan

You haven't played Killzone 2, have you? :?Floppy_Jim
C'mon man! KZ 2 is the current console graphics king, but Crysis is still superior in every way compared to it. (KZ2 still looks spectacular :))

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 aaronmullan
[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] You haven't played Killzone 2, have you? :?Floppy_Jim

I know, I was kidding :P I know it doesn't touch Crysis. Well, I've never seen Crysis in motion but I'd like to.

Bah! Now my last post goes to waste! :P You've been way too sarcastic lately :lol:
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="Hanass"]

aaronmullan

Bah! Now my last post goes to waste! :P You've been way too sarcastic lately :lol:

Haha! :P Sometimes my sarcasm is so thick, I almost drown in it.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
PC are in a league of there own. Is a PC a console? No it isnt so theres your answer.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] I know, I was kidding :P I know it doesn't touch Crysis. Well, I've never seen Crysis in motion but I'd like to.Floppy_Jim

Haha! :P Sometimes my sarcasm is so thick, I almost drown in it.

Just make sure it doesn't happen again, or I'll have to go full on lemming on you.... :x :P