Console graphics king vs console exclusives (why exclude PC?)

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts

Because the only thing you hear for the PC is "The Crysis"

MegajerkNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 MegajerkNYC
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

Yah I used to do PC gaming as well. Then I needed to upgrade my GPU then my CPU then my Mobo then my OS then my case then my power then the cooling then the computer. Some people actually have more fun building their PC's just so it can do what a $300 console can do right out or the box, all while dealing with DRM, viruses, glitches, patches, isolation. Keep that. I just use my PC for what it's good at now: Photoshop, facebook and Guildwars.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yah I used to do PC gaming as well. Then I needed to upgrade my GPU then my CPU then my Mobo then my OS then my case then my power then the cooling then the computer. Some people actually have more fun building their PC's just so it can do what a $300 console can do right out or the box, all while dealing with DRM, viruses, glitches, patches, isolation. Keep that. I just use my PC for what it's good at now: Photoshop, facebook and Guildwars.

MegajerkNYC
The only reason I have had to upgrade my computer in the last 2 years is because my graphic card died on my last week. It was my fault too, I overclocked it and it put way to much stress on the card.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Because consoles aren't competing with PC for graphics. Consoles, for the most part, have set capabilities and potential. PC gaming's graphics upgrade constantly - primarily by the users. They're different ballgames, and it would be silly to include PC in a console debate because it doesn't adhere to the rules and restrictions that follow consoles. It's more impressive to come up with greater graphics despite the restrictions on consoles anyways. Saturn Shenmue anyone?

fratstratraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 fratstratraz
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
PC will always have the best graphics so that is why there is no point in including it! Why have a contest if you know who the winner is every year and who the winner will be decades from now? when they compare PS3 with 360, there is at least a 50/50 chance that either or may be the best. PC, 100/0 chance. That is not a comparison!
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

first of all console exclusive is a load of crap, its just a term thats used to push sales, and second of all console graphics king is used because everyone knows that the pc has the best graphics no contest, its like why people argue over the 360 vs ps3 sales even though the wii is far ahead, its more interesting and a closer race to talk about then including the pc in the graphics contest

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Because consoles aren't competing with PC for graphics. Consoles, for the most part, have set capabilities and potential. PC gaming's graphics upgrade constantly - primarily by the users. They're different ballgames, and it would be silly to include PC in a console debate because it doesn't adhere to the rules and restrictions that follow consoles. It's more impressive to come up with greater graphics despite the restrictions on consoles anyways. Saturn Shenmue anyone?

hakanakumono

If by "upgrade constantly" you mean once every 3 years then, sure, constantly. :roll:

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#58 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

The PC has already won, and therefore including it is futile. Let the consoles fight over second place.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

MegajerkNYC
I havent upgraded a single think since i bought a geforce 8800gt for 150euros 18months ago and most likely i wont upgrade this year. So much for the upgrade all the time argument. I havent had a single issue with game glitches with the exception of mass effect ( which wasnt something serious since it would throw me to desktop every 1-2 hours of gameplay and i had to start the game again thus resulting loosing an incredible 20seconds to start the game again and load my last save). Also what the heck viruses have to do with pc gaming. If anything you have more chances getting a virus doing the thinks you do with the pc ( aka facebook) Also DRM is something of the past and only few games have them and last game there are DRM for ( at least the last big game) is GTA4. Even EA are dropping DRM ( sims 3 and dragon age)
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

adamosmaki
I havent upgraded a single think since i bought a geforce 8800gt for 150euros 18months ago and most likely i wont upgrade this year. So much for the upgrade all the time argument. I havent had a single issue with game glitches with the exception of mass effect ( which wasnt something serious since it would throw me to desktop every 1-2 hours of gameplay and i had to start the game again thus resulting loosing an incredible 20seconds to start the game again and load my last save) oh and some shuttering on bioshock. Also what the heck viruses have to do with pc gaming. If anything you have more chances getting a virus doing the thinks you do with the pc ( aka facebook) Also DRM is something of the past and only few games have them and last game there are DRM for ( at least the last big game) is GTA4. Even EA are dropping DRM ( sims 3 and dragon age)

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="MegajerkNYC"]

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]The PC really is a thorn in the side of the console fanbois. Really, it's the same reason that Halo 3 is still brought up. aggrevating or not, ownage is Here's a Crysis screen for good measure:Bottom line, if you can start up the game and take a random screenshot like this, it's quite hard not to use it as System Wars ammo.You can see my framerate in the top right corner if you're in doubt wether or not it's playable (although, I'm ready to admit it's 25-35 fps like this).AAllxxjjnn

That supposed to impress? Triangular palm trees? Looks like Guild Wars with extra lighting. PC gaming is a waste of time and money.

Show me a game that has better foliage.

Crysis has better foliage than Crysis.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Crysis has better foliage than Crysis.

Filthybastrd

No way man. Crysis has terrible foliage.

However, Crysis has great foliage.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

The PC isnt a console.

But theres always that D-bag that brings up the PC....eventhought he/she knows it isnt a console.

Lovely :roll:

Danm_999
The original question is, why do you people insert the qualifier 'console' when this is 'System Wars'.

This is the post we have all been looking for....
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

Console and PC are different. You cant compare 2 different things like this. System Wars yes...Console wars NO...A console is a console...Thats it. Since I play my games on console I could care less what PC has to offer...There is NOTHING a pc can offer me to get me to switch over...NOTHING...Period.

Hanass

Maybe because you don't care about graphics at all, but a lot of us here do.

If you are that much into graphics then you need to work for PIXAR or Disney. If you are into gaming on a console buy a console. They graphics on both PC and console are close enough that it simply DOESNT matter. The only thing...ONLY thing that pc has are MODS, somewhat FREE internet play. Thats really it. I have been there and done it dude. BUT this thread isnt really a "PC VS CONSOLE" thread so we should stop here..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I understand TC and agree. Rationalize all you want, it's a double standard. PC is included in everything or it's not relevant in PS3 vs. 360 arguments about anything. That means no hiding for either when defending your console. If that excludes PC because games like DC online or Alan Wake are on PC also, then saying KZ2 has the graphics crown is excluding PC's shot at the title. After all this isn't console wars.
steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

Uncharted Pictures, Images and Photos

Notice how the edges of the leaves are rounded. Quite amazing actually.

MegajerkNYC

Not so amazing now, ay? (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

I've been here for 1 full day and I've watched over SW for a few months now. One of the things I've noticed is the use of the term console graphics king. Console graphics king- a game that has the best graphics on consoles (excludes PC) Console exclusive- PC/360, PC/PS3 multiplats (excludes PC) Can you see where I'm going with this? Both terms exclude the PC. Console exclusives aren't brought up anyway and that is not my main point. People say something can't be a multiplat and exclusive at the same time because this is SYSTEM WARS not CONSOLE WARS. Therefore, the PC must be considered. People continue to argue this issue however. Allow me to follow up with this question: if this in fact SYSTEM WARS and not CONSOLE WARS, why is the PC ignored when discussing graphics kings? "PC doesn't count because it always wins" -_- That is the only defense for the console graphics kings. Now I present you wih this ultimatum: either include the PC in everything or ignore when we're only comparing consoles.SW_modified

I don't like including PC in graphics threads beccause PS graphics are inconsistent. Not everyone's PC can run Cysis at the same levelof all those pretty screens that are thrown around here. This is what Crysis looks like an minimum settings.

Unstandardized hardware is simultaneously the PC's greatest strength and its greatest weakness. I could propose that we judge the graphics of PC games by what everyone can achieve, not just a select few, and it would make perfect logical sense. Thats why the term Console Graphics King exists, because the graphics are the same for everyone and easily comprable as long as you have a TV capable of displaying the apporpriate resolutions.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="SW_modified"]I've been here for 1 full day and I've watched over SW for a few months now. One of the things I've noticed is the use of the term console graphics king. Console graphics king- a game that has the best graphics on consoles (excludes PC) Console exclusive- PC/360, PC/PS3 multiplats (excludes PC) Can you see where I'm going with this? Both terms exclude the PC. Console exclusives aren't brought up anyway and that is not my main point. People say something can't be a multiplat and exclusive at the same time because this is SYSTEM WARS not CONSOLE WARS. Therefore, the PC must be considered. People continue to argue this issue however. Allow me to follow up with this question: if this in fact SYSTEM WARS and not CONSOLE WARS, why is the PC ignored when discussing graphics kings? "PC doesn't count because it always wins" -_- That is the only defense for the console graphics kings. Now I present you wih this ultimatum: either include the PC in everything or ignore when we're only comparing consoles.TheGrat1

I don't like including PC in graphics threads beccause PS graphics are inconsistent. Not everyone's PC can run Cysis at the same levelof all those pretty screens that are thrown around here. This is what Crysis looks like an minimum settings.

Unstandardized hardware is simultaneously the PC's greatest strength and its greatest weakness. I could propose that we judge the graphics of PC games by what everyone can achieve, not just a select few, and it would make perfect logical sense. Thats why the term Console Graphics King exists, because the graphics are the same for everyone and easily comprable as long as you have a TV capable of displaying the apporpriate resolutions.

Ummm no we have the term console graphics king because console users fight over 2nd place. That stuff you typed isn't really true either and it really does not matter.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

When it comes to graphics king, PC gamers will always bring up Crysis sooner or later and it just kills any potential argument.

kingdre
Exactly its a different and more powerful platform. Just like the Xbox is a different platfrom from and PS2. What makes them more comparable then with the PC?
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
That stuff you typed isn't really true either and it really does not matter.JangoWuzHere
Nice counter. >.> So it is'nt true that not everyone can run Crysis att max settings? The term "Console Graphics King" exists to describe the best looking console game. That is all.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="kingdre"]

When it comes to graphics king, PC gamers will always bring up Crysis sooner or later and it just kills any potential argument.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Exactly its a different and more powerful platform. Just like the Xbox is a different platfrom from and PS2. What makes them more comparable then with the PC?

They have set graphics, PC doesn't.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]That stuff you typed isn't really true either and it really does not matter.TheGrat1
Nice counter. >.> So it is'nt true that not everyone can run Crysis att max settings? The term "Console Graphics King" exists to describe the best looking console game. That is all.

It doesn't matter what everyone can run it at, what matters is that Crysis to it's full potential kicks the **** out of anything the consoles have to offer.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]That stuff you typed isn't really true either and it really does not matter.AAllxxjjnn

It doesn't matter what everyone can run it at, what matters is that Crysis to it's full potential kicks the **** out of anything the consoles have to offer.

This is what I ment.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

Another reason for this is because..... PC is not a set piece of hardware..... everyones system is different so you can show all the Crysis Pics you want, but most people are gonna see that if they boot the game up.

EVERYONE however my 360 produces the same visuals as any other 360 owner.... same with PS3 and Wii.... so a discussion between consoles is much more interesting. Most people that post those Crysis pics probably aren't even running it on their rig, its just a pic from some random site. Which is kinda hilarious..... "Hey everyone look what the PC can do" *posts pic, then goes back to playing COD4 on med. settings @ 24fps.*

mcgreddy

yet pc hardware from 2005 can run cod4 better than consoles in 600p :lol: heck a 7800gt can run it in 1280 x 1024 on medium settings (console settings) sure all pcs don't run them the same but any "gaming pc" from 2006 or newer leaves any consoles game in the dust. gta4 is a horrible port yet a 7800gt can still run it on console settings and can run crysis looking much better than any console game. your just making excuses so you can leave pc games out of the picture to fight for second place.

His point is very true you know...There are alot of PC wannabes sitting out their with Geforce 6200 LE and come over claiming "Look what my PC can do" *posts picture of crysis on very high 16xAA and 16xAF ....

I don't see this very often if even at all...

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"][QUOTE="kingdre"]

hakanakumono

They have set graphics, PC doesn't.

As I pointed out earlier, the number of gaming PCs sold in 2008 alone (ie, capable of running Crysis to a better quality than any console game) was estimated at around 70 million. So yes, not every gamer's PC will run Crysis at a level better than current gen consoles, but these systems are obviously not a majority. Such a large number of these capable PCs exist that those images are fair game.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

The PC isnt a console.

But theres always that D-bag that brings up the PC....eventhought he/she knows it isnt a console.

Lovely :roll:

JangoWuzHere
The original question is, why do you people insert the qualifier 'console' when this is 'System Wars'.

I know why they do it, I just want to see if they've admitted it to themselves.
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

You answered your own question. EVERYBODY knows that crysis is the graphics king right now and probably into next gen for consoles. So we just argue which console seems to be taking th lead. Besides, from my understanding cyrsis SUCKED. it just looked pretty.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

You answered your own question. EVERYBODY knows that crysis is the graphics king right now and probably into next gen for consoles. So we just argue which console seems to be taking th lead. Besides, from my understanding cyrsis SUCKED. it just looked pretty.

enygma500

You understood wrong. It's one of the best first person shooters ever.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Besides, from my understanding cyrsis SUCKED. it just looked pretty.

enygma500

From your understanding? How about you play games before you judge them, or just not judge them. Not everyone liked it, but tons of people thought that Crysis was a fantastic game, not just for its graphics, but for its open ended, dynamically interactive levels which allowed for several possibilities, whether you wanted to charge in guns blazing and explosives ready, or take out the enemy unseen from within.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cainetao11
This is being debated in the ME2 thread. It's a BS double standard I think. If you can't use the fact a cow or lem or sheep can't play a game available on another console, because it's available on PC, then no consolite should be able to claim graphics ownage because none can beat PC. No separate categories, all systems have graphics and this is system wars, not console wars.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Danm_999"] The original question is, why do you people insert the qualifier 'console' when this is 'System Wars'.Danm_999

If the term "Console exclusive" doesn't mean anything, What does that make "PC exclusive" mean?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] This is the post we have all been looking for....LOXO7

If the term "Console exclusive" doesn't mean anything, What does that make "PC exclusive" mean?

Nothing as well.

It's only exclusive to the PC if it's only on the PC (ie, Dawn of War 2, Empire Total War).

Otherwise it's a PC multiplat (Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc.).

Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
everyone agrees consoles dont compare with PC graphics. Most people are to ignorant though to realize you only need to spend 500$ to build a working high end computer and then just hook it up to your HDTV if its that much of an issue. No buying 40$ controllers, no buying wireless batterypacks (360), no buying wifi plugins, or 120$ 120gig harddrives (1TB drives are 90$) , and it also doubles as a fully featured working PC with HD video storage and playback and all the other apps that are having to be constantly added to consoles just to compete... wow whatdoyou know getting more bang for your buck afterall.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
we might as well just start saying best graphics between 360 and ps3 or ps3 and wii or 360 and wii or wii 360 and ps3. so then it clearly is not about the pc. this is how system wars works. every thread ever created is gonna get a troll or someone in there that bashes the title and the topic no matter what because that is how people are on hear, just looking to bash instead of trying to have a nice intelligent conversation about something.
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FunkyHeadHunter

we might as well just start saying best graphics between 360 and ps3 or ps3 and wii or 360 and wii or wii 360 and ps3. so then it clearly is not about the pc. this is how system wars works. every thread ever created is gonna get a troll or someone in there that bashes the title and the topic no matter what because that is how people are on hear, just looking to bash instead of trying to have a nice intelligent conversation about something. xbox360isgr8t

This is my own thoughts as well...good post

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Pretty much any outsiders view makes System Wars look completely moronic. And it's true. Nothing here is canon, or applies anywhere but here.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]we might as well just start saying best graphics between 360 and ps3 or ps3 and wii or 360 and wii or wii 360 and ps3. so then it clearly is not about the pc. this is how system wars works. every thread ever created is gonna get a troll or someone in there that bashes the title and the topic no matter what because that is how people are on hear, just looking to bash instead of trying to have a nice intelligent conversation about something. FunkyHeadHunter

and its not just the bashing thats bad but repeat or similar topics come up all the time and the same thing happens all the time. i dont mind repeat topics but seriously the same outcome happens. for example we get topics on best console graphics all the time. someone is guaranteed to come in and bash it and mention crysis. seriously the topic isnt about crysis who cares lets talk about what the thread is about. people act like crysis is not talked about or is the uber super god or something. seriously its stupid.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 cainetao11

[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]we might as well just start saying best graphics between 360 and ps3 or ps3 and wii or 360 and wii or wii 360 and ps3. so then it clearly is not about the pc. this is how system wars works. every thread ever created is gonna get a troll or someone in there that bashes the title and the topic no matter what because that is how people are on hear, just looking to bash instead of trying to have a nice intelligent conversation about something. FunkyHeadHunter

Totally agree with your point. But the double standard exists with the ownage claimed as far as console users. If this discussion exists and cows and lems one up each other with it despite the fact that they know there are better graphics than the so called "king", then why can't console users one up each other about the games that others can't play on their respective console? Because they all count here. Discuss graphics, I'm all for it. But no console game should be called graphics king.
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

and it also doubles as a fully featured working PC with HD video storage and playback and all the other apps that are having to be constantly added to consoles just to compete... wow whatdoyou know getting more bang for your buck afterall. ColdfireTrilogy
Wow whatdoyou know a lot of games aren't going to the pc and those that do are often delayed and buggy. In case you didn't notice at E3 the pc got the shaft. But yea hook your pc up to your hdtv and have fun hunched over your coffee table as you install some drivers so you can play a game that came out a year earlier on consoles.

I play pc games too but this type of pc elitism is rather lame. The pc is great for mmorpgs and rts games but for anything else it is a mixed bag.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Danm_999

[QUOTE="ColdfireTrilogy"]and it also doubles as a fully featured working PC with HD video storage and playback and all the other apps that are having to be constantly added to consoles just to compete... wow whatdoyou know getting more bang for your buck afterall. dc337

Wow whatdoyou know a lot of games aren't going to the pc and those that do are often delayed and buggy. In case you didn't notice at E3 the pc got the shaft. But yea hook your pc up to your hdtv and have fun hunched over your coffee table as you install some drivers so you can play a game that came out a year earlier on consoles.

I play pc games too but this type of pc elitism is rather lame. The pc is great for mmorpgs and rts games but for anything else it is a mixed bag.

The PC has more critically acclaimed games than any other system this generation. Saying it only has MMORPGs and RTS is a gross innaccuracy.
07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="ColdfireTrilogy"]and it also doubles as a fully featured working PC with HD video storage and playback and all the other apps that are having to be constantly added to consoles just to compete... wow whatdoyou know getting more bang for your buck afterall. dc337

.......your brain fits in the other way man...

how long do you think it takes to install a driver :? a awser would be nice

mmorps rts and what about fps? you ever play counter strike with a controller?

his comment didnt seem like elitsm to me seemed more like defending a overly ragged on platform that gets no love

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#92 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

Sigh, this is EXACTLY the profile of a PC-hater: knows nothing about computer hardware/software (that driver installation comment, which happens only once per year [sometimes 2 times per year if it's graphics drivers], proves this beyond any reasonable doubt), says no good games are being released (ever heard of the term exclusive? Of course you did, but by no means you mention it because you'd be proving yourself wrong [that every system has exclusives]), including MW2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Assassins' Creed II, MAss Effect 2, Bioshock 2, MGS,... which are all going to be released with the console versions. They all suck, I agree.

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FunkyHeadHunter

[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]we might as well just start saying best graphics between 360 and ps3 or ps3 and wii or 360 and wii or wii 360 and ps3. so then it clearly is not about the pc. this is how system wars works. every thread ever created is gonna get a troll or someone in there that bashes the title and the topic no matter what because that is how people are on hear, just looking to bash instead of trying to have a nice intelligent conversation about something. cainetao11

Totally agree with your point. But the double standard exists with the ownage claimed as far as console users. If this discussion exists and cows and lems one up each other with it despite the fact that they know there are better graphics than the so called "king", then why can't console users one up each other about the games that others can't play on their respective console? Because they all count here. Discuss graphics, I'm all for it. But no console game should be called graphics king.

Care to elaborate? I dont understand why we cant have a "graphics king?" If you are talking about PC vs Console?then what if you think say, Crysis looks awesome and is the best...BUT...I say...Killzone2 is the best...Who can say who is right or wrong here? Its all a matter of opinion. Unless its a night and day difference like say the first DOOM compared to Crysis...Then you can say with all certainty that Crysis IS in fact the graphics king between those 2 games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 cainetao11
I think the answer is in SW everyday. If no game can logically be console exclusive because it ignores that the PC exists, then the same can be said about graphics. Now I agree with you somewhat. The best looking game I've ever played is Uncharted not KZ2. But it seems here in terms of graphics, it's looked at as a concrete science. I'm saying console graphics king in that sense is excluding PC and most here believe technically Crysis is the best looking game. So how can another be crowned since by SW rules PC can't be excluded?
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
The rules of system wars require you to include PC. Yes, PC does win, and it's idiotic to exclude it. It's like having an Olympic race, and giving the gold medal to the guy in second place.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

The rules of system wars require you to include PC. Yes, PC does win, and it's idiotic to exclude it. It's like having an Olympic race, and giving the gold medal to the guy in second place.subrosian
Is that better then giving the Gold medal to the first place guy without a country? An alien!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cainetao11
The rules of system wars require you to include PC. Yes, PC does win, and it's idiotic to exclude it. It's like having an Olympic race, and giving the gold medal to the guy in second place.subrosian
Thank you. I was wondering if I was the only one getting this. I'm not against arguing over graphics. People say Halo 3 looks terrible, I like it's look. I like KZ2, but prefer Uncharted. I love the look of Half Life! But crowning a console game, fully knowing PC has stronger capabilities, yet saying you can't exclude PC when comparing console libraries is a double standard. This place is crazy enough, let's try not to rationalise lies.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#98 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"]

FunkyHeadHunter

Care to elaborate? I dont understand why we cant have a "graphics king?" If you are talking about PC vs Console?then what if you think say, Crysis looks awesome and is the best...BUT...I say...Killzone2 is the best...Who can say who is right or wrong here? Its all a matter of opinion. Unless its a night and day difference like say the first DOOM compared to Crysis...Then you can say with all certainty that Crysis IS in fact the graphics king between those 2 games.

You can also include facts in your arguments, not just opinions, and you're not doing a very good job at that... Of course, facts have much more value than opinions, so here is the main one: the PS3 is the equivalent of a 4-year-old POS computer. It uses the same technology of that time because you can't upgrade it.
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 FunkyHeadHunter

[QUOTE="cainetao11"]Totally agree with your point. But the double standard exists with the ownage claimed as far as console users. If this discussion exists and cows and lems one up each other with it despite the fact that they know there are better graphics than the so called "king", then why can't console users one up each other about the games that others can't play on their respective console? Because they all count here. Discuss graphics, I'm all for it. But no console game should be called graphics king.Hanass

You can also include facts in your arguments, not just opinions, and you're not doing a very good job at that... Of course, facts have much more value than opinions, so here is the main one: the PS3 is the equivalent of a 4-year-old POS computer. It uses the same technology of that time because you can't upgrade it.

Whats cray about that is you can take "old tech" and make a game look as good or almost as good as a game that is the so called graphics king on the pc. You know ...a pc that can be upgraded every day...Its pretty bad that the 360 and ps3 can keep up like they do..Kind of kills the "upgrade" argument to me.

10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

PS3 is the equivalent of a 4-year-old POS computer. It uses the same technology of that time because you can't upgrade it.

Whats cray about that is you can take "old tech" and make a game look as good or almost as good as a game that is the so called graphics king on the pc. You know ...a pc that can be upgraded every day...Its pretty bad that the 360 and ps3 can keep up like they do..Kind of kills the "upgrade" argument to me.

FunkyHeadHunter

I agree with this, for systems that are 4 and 3 years old respectively, they are churning out graphical stunners like RE5, Uncharted 2, ME2, and the list goes on. I'd like to see the computer I was using in '05 run these games as smoothly and beautifully. Not happening.