Considering the S model for UHD player (and games duh)

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@tormentos: I never stated they had the same resolutions. I just stated that 4K TVs scale better than PS4 Pro. It's called word play.

4k TV don't upscale better than the PS4,simply because the PS4 pro resolution is closer to 4k than 1080p is or 900p.

In fact 3680x2070 is a hair under native 4k.

Is one of the reason why games show lik Horizon looked to great,unlike on xbox one were games are blown from 720p to much higher resolution without any method other than using a sharpening filter which has the effect of crushing blacks the PS4 Pro even at 1800p will give a greatly clear and crisp image.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I'm keeping my Halo 5 console it's too sexy and way more sexy than X1s.

I dont have a 4k tv, just got mu 60" Samsung, so 4k drive is meaningless to me. Probably wont have a 4k tv with scorpio either and wont be buying any 4k movie disks. Even back to my Ps3 in 2007 till now I have less than 10 BluRay disks. I steam my movies with Plex or Playon, both which play through X1/Ps4

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@tormentos said:
@iandizion713 said:

@tormentos: I never stated they had the same resolutions. I just stated that 4K TVs scale better than PS4 Pro. It's called word play.

4k TV don't upscale better than the PS4,simply because the PS4 pro resolution is closer to 4k than 1080p is or 900p.

Is one of the reason why games show lik Horizon looked to great,unlike on xbox one were games are blown from 720p to much higher resolution without any method other than using a sharpening filter which has the effect of crushing blacks the PS4 Pro even at 1800p will give a greatly clear and crisp image.

Let put it into simpler terms. 4K TVs upscale resolutions better than consoles do.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tormentos

@iandizion713 said:

Let put it into simpler terms. 4K TVs upscale resolutions better than consoles do.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Better than the PS4 and PS3 sure,better than the Pro no chance in hell.

In simple terms.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I dont have a 4k tv, just got mu 60" Samsung, so 4k drive is meaningless to me. Probably wont have a 4k tv with scorpio either and wont be buying any 4k movie disks. Even back to my Ps3 in 2007 till now I have less than 10 BluRay disks. I steam my movies with Plex or Playon, both which play through X1/Ps4

I don't see your PS4 or your Wii U?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Heil68

Ps3 is in right next to PS3, I sold my Wiiu.

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FireEmblem_Man

@Heil68 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:

Your PS3 is next to the PS3? LOL! I also thought we was gonna play Smash Bros together? :(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Heil68

errr my PS4 is on the right, next to PS3.

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:

Your PS3 is next to the PS3? LOL! I also thought we was gonna play Smash Bros together? :(

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

@oflow said:

@quakeknight1991: your argument has nothing to do with the point that some people just don't want to game on PC. It's not just me lots of console gamers have no desire to no matter how much you sell the pros of it. Lots of people don't like kb/m for starters. Yes it's more accurate yada yada but plenty of gamers don't like it. And yes I know you can add a controller to PC. Doesn't matter.

Have a lot of friends that play mostly sports games and to them console gaming is more about being a social experience with everyone having the exact same hardware than value or graphics.

Because like I said, "some people just don't want to" is not a real argument. There being people not wanting to game on PC does not make the fact that the upcoming Xbox One exclusives can be in fact be played on PC and better any less true.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@tormentos said:
@iandizion713 said:

No they don't..... Pro's new checker board upscale method is far superior to anything 4k TV's use..... And it's better then what my TV uses.

Simply ready helps people like you understand the little things.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 iandizion713

@scatteh316: Prove it big boy.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@scatteh316: Prove it big boy.

Erm.... No...... If I had to waste minutes of my precious life trying to prove all the idiots in here wrong I would be dead and not really lived a single second.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - I'm a big fan of that expression.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 iandizion713

@scatteh316: O, ok then.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@iandizion713 said:

Yeah, it doesnt support Dobly. If im not mistaken though, they in theory could patch support.

Unfortunately, Dolby Vision can't be patched in.

Dolby Vision can't be added to a TV, Blu-ray device, or Xbone S down the road via a software update. It requires specific hardware.

Dolby Vision requires 12 bit per color component i.e. it's HDR with 12 bits color depth.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/12-bit-hdmi-color-output-in-cat-14-6.202188/

Xbox One is just X86 PC hardware with Window 10 RT** X64 variant and official support for AMD GCN intrinsic functions.

**Garden walled Windows 10.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@iandizion713 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-ps4-pro-horizon-zero-dawn-performance-analysis

Horizon is also interesting in that it's one of the best examples of Sony's hardware-based 2160p checkerboard upscaling.

With checkerboard rendering, the frame buffer is still 4K with odd or even pixel being skipped like a checkerboard. The interpolation process uses surrounding pixels and temporal techniques to create the missing pixel.

The resulting frame buffer with checkerboard rendering is very close to the original reference picture(bottom left hand side picture).

@iandizion713 said:
@tormentos said:
@iandizion713 said:

Checkerboard rendering is better than line based interpolation which in-turn better than near pixel up-scaling methods.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216257431&postcount=91

Resolution is about information in the image.

In traditional upscaling, you have a unique 'x' amount of information in the source frame. The output still has the same amount of information.

In these newer techniques, you're taking your 'x' amount of information from the current frame, and some portion of 'x' from prior frames (in the above, the orange pixels are meant to represent usable samples in the current frame, black ones which are not valid anymore or cannot be mashed into being valid).

So basically with the newer techniques, you should have more unique information in the final image compared to a traditional upscale, and so should get closer to your target (native) amount of unique info in the final frame.

Indeed in the perfect case of a still scene you could reach the same amount of information in the final image as a native render. tldr - the diff between a reference native frame and a frame using these kinds of techniques should be size-ably smaller than in a simple traditional upscale, the size of the diff scaling with the motion speed in the scene.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#118 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@quakeknight1991 said:

It really is hilarious. When the Xbox one was revealed absolutely everyone just cared about videogames and now all of a sudden people are beginning to abandon the PS4 ship for a console with no exclusives just because they cannot watch 4K blu ray movies? LMAO.

Nah, they are leaving the PS4 because it has no exclusives and getting an Xbox console with all the great exclusives.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Jesus. My fanboy allergies are off the chart with this thread. I'd use my epi pen, but I can't afford another one with the price hike.

Beavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Beavis
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

This thread is priceless..

I didn't realize the PS4 Pro and $60 psn spike would have this big of an impact.

I noticed two of the biggest cows on this forum have made new threads about getting or considering an Xbox One S.

And lot of cows arguing with each other.

Cows went from talking all that shit for the first 3 years of this generation about graphics and sales, to now going into great turmoil, and wanting to jump ship to the lemmings side, to avoid all the massive ownage that they know is coming.

And I'd like to end my post by saying TCHBFO

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@beavis: Eh, you're probably reading more into this than what is actually there. The XBone S is comparably priced to a stand alone UHD player. As a gamer, I would be stupid not to consider getting one to play my media and perhaps scratch the occasional Halo itch or Forza Horizon.

However, without the Dolby Vision support, the XBone S neither plays games very great nor UHD movies either. Doing some reading up on audio channel accuracy also had a number of skeletons fall out of a closet I didn't even know was there. Not a good look all in all.

So, while I do agree there are a lot of cows upset about the exclusion of the UHD drive in the Pro and fully understand that frustration, the truth of the matter is that they are going to wind up perhaps even more frustrated with the XBone S when they find out that experience is nowhere in the same neighborhood as what the Lemmings play it up to be. Hardly grounds for a hbfo.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@pdogg93: eww! For real? Man, they better get that right with the Scorpio or it is an end to the Nice Shew era lol

Does the PS4 even play 3D movies? Sony doesn't even release anymore 3D games, so I'm going to say no. The XBox 360 and PS3 both support 3D movies and games, so.... does anyone really care? You fanboys are really reaching. 3D movies and gaming is the past (like motion sensor games). 4K gaming and movies are the future. We don't live in the past.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos

@blackace said:

Does the PS4 even play 3D movies? Sony doesn't even release anymore 3D games, so I'm going to say no. The XBox 360 and PS3 both support 3D movies and games, so.... does anyone really care? You fanboys are really reaching. 3D movies and gaming is the past (like motion sensor games). 4K gaming and movies are the future. We don't live in the past.

The 360 didn't have a blu-ray drive so i wonder how it support 3d blu-ray movies,which is what the argument was about.

BY the way the PS4 does support 3D movies what the fu** man you claim to own a PS4 yet you don't fu**ing even know your own consoles..hahahahaa

This reminded me of how you didn't even know that you could share PSN games on PS3,when you claimed to own one and being a manticore..hahaha

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ps4-system-software-update-175-has-arrived

Yeah now 4k movies is the future on 2006 1080p wasn't because the shitty xbox 360 didn't have it..lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 FireEmblem_Man

@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

The 360 didn't have a blu-ray drive so i wonder how it support 3d blu-ray movies,which is what the argument was about.

BY the way the PS4 does support 3D movies what the fu** man you claim to own a PS4 yet you don't fu**ing even know your own consoles..hahahahaa

This reminded me of how you didn't even know that you could share PSN games on PS3,when you claimed to own one and being a manticore..hahaha

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ps4-system-software-update-175-has-arrived

Yeah now 4k movies is the future on 2006 1080p wasn't because the shitty xbox 360 didn't have it..lol

Why are you so salty? You still don't even own a PS4

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tormentos

@FireEmblem_Man said:

You sad broken record troll..lol

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

You sad broken record troll..lol

Takes one to know one

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Same for me in terms of my Halo 5 console, Xbox One S does nothing for me, I'm going to get Scorpio though.