Considering the S model for UHD player (and games duh)

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am some ways off from upgrading to an HDR 4K tv, but I am leaning towards getting the XBox S console when I do. I have a question while all of this is fresh on the mind and I had difficulty finding an answer.

Does the XBox S support Dolby Vision or is it just HDR10 for UHD playback? This is a make or break feature for me in terms of buying a UHD bluray player. Thank you kindly.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lololololololololololololololololololololololol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Well as most people that don't own a 4k tv, I don't care.

But because this sounds like a childish attempt to discredit the xbox one s , I presume it doesn't support dolby vision.

After checking that, I've seen that xbox one s indeed doesn't support dolby vision, not that it matters though there's hardly any difference when you have a good hdr10 tv, not to mention hdr 10 may become better than dolby vision in the future, because of it's open nature.

Also I think dolby vision sets are considerably more expensive, due to licensing fees, nice try though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

April fools was months ago.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja

@commander: It doesn't? I'll take your word for it. Thank you.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Sony did severe damage to my cow brothers. Thank you Sony.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Yeah, it doesnt support Dobly. If im not mistaken though, they in theory could patch support. But they would have to pay Dobly to do so.

Which could be happening soon cause Xbox One S uses Dobly Surround for Blurays. Heres a key thing though, if Microsoft does program it in, it will most likely only work on streaming and playing blurays.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Very suspicious

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Lame excuse for not wanting a great console for some HDR format war.... It only supports HDR10 open standard for now. I'm sure the Netflix app in the Xbox One S supports Dolby Vision. I feel that some companies have an issue paying fees using Dolby Vision and will just opt for the open source.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

If this is for real, then between posts from you and a few others on here it seems like Sony might rue the day they left that UHD BD drive out of their machine (which is kind of funny, because for me it's worthless - but evidently it's one oversight too many)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Lol, Microsoft and them trying to get that discount. Hey, look at my install base, can you drop that price a little now.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

As far as you getting an Xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Yeah, not falling for this.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@xantufrog said:

If this is for real, then between posts from you and a few others on here it seems like Sony might rue the day they left that UHD BD drive out of their machine (which is kind of funny, because for me it's worthless - but evidently it's one oversight too many)

It shows how much they cheaped out on the hardware. I read it only would have cost them $15 more per console to include it. They were so desperate to hit the $399 price yet they forgot who the target audience of the Pro is for. It is meant to be a premium console targeting people with a 4K TV yet the specs are not powerful enough to achieve native 4K resolution and it doesn't have a 4K UHD drive. So really its a 4K console that does nothing in 4K.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: except TLOU Remastered :-P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shewgenja

@NathanDrakeSwag: It was a very strange omission. I personally felt that introducing the console a little high would have been fine in the long run because they could have dropped the price by the time Scorpio came out.

Anyways, guess I will wait and see if the Scorpio supports DV or not. Would be cool if it did. For the record, DV requires specific hardware since it is 12-bit HDR as opposed to 10.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I like this trend of Sony fanboys quitting their blind worship. If we could get the Microsoft zealots to cut it out as well we would really be getting somewhere. I know asking Nintendo people to do the same is asking way too much but to be fair they don't really hate they just love their games so I can't really demonize them. If PC nerds could quit their Nazi like master race mentality I would be over the moon in video game ecstasy. A man can dream. I won't be happy until I see System Wars burn. Video games can then rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of fanboy zombies doing the work of their corporate masters. Games should be fun. Nothing else matters.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xantufrog said:

It shows how much they cheaped out on the hardware. I read it only would have cost them $15 more per console to include it. They were so desperate to hit the $399 price yet they forgot who the target audience of the Pro is for. It is meant to be a premium console targeting people with a 4K TV yet the specs are not powerful enough to achieve native 4K resolution and it doesn't have a 4K UHD drive. So really its a 4K console that does nothing in 4K.

double the gpu power is not good for a new console. I really wonder how far they're going to bump that cpu as well. If it's only 700 mhz, this system is simply not going to be worth it.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@silversix_: amen to that. Here's a crying cow who wishes Sony actually fucking cared.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Not obvious at all.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

It is kinda comical that some, all of a sudden, decide to grab a Bone. What do you expect? Its the same console that runs games in 720p. Nothing has changed since Sony and their failure PS4Poo. Now, if the Scorpio was released and you were abandoning ship to join the Scorpio crew, that would be perfectly understandable. There's no reason to support a significantly less powerful system. But buying the same useless console that has zero exclusives to look forward (unless you don't own a pc of course) and performs like shit, is kinda funny lol. But hey! You do get a 4k Blueray player yo.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

As I already said previously Sony made a massive mistake by not putting in a 4K Blu-Ray player, even if it upped the cost of the system, they are driving people to their direct competition, especially since this competition has the most inexpensive one in the industry.

What a ridiculous blunder.

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

It really is hilarious. When the Xbox one was revealed absolutely everyone just cared about videogames and now all of a sudden people are beginning to abandon the PS4 ship for a console with no exclusives just because they cannot watch 4K blu ray movies? LMAO.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dynamitecop
@quakeknight1991 said:

It really is hilarious. When the Xbox one was revealed absolutely everyone just cared about videogames and now all of a sudden people are beginning to abandon the PS4 ship for a console with no exclusives just because they cannot watch 4K blu ray movies? LMAO.

Look at it this way, and it's not really hilarious, it was simply a flat out dumb ass move by Sony.

Sony just came out and said that the Pro is their last PS4 model and will be around for a long time, so probably another 5 years at least. People who buy this console have subjected themselves to being without 4K Blu-Ray ever for a PS4, with that in mind you have the direct competition that has a lot more features, things going on in general and has a 4K Blu-Ray drive.

So if you buy a Pro you're probably going to still want 4K Blu-Rays, and with that in mind that drives people to the Xbox One S for them, it may even drive prospective Pro purchasers to it entirely due to not wanting to double dip the cost. Then you have to factor in Scorpio, it's coming out in about 14 months which will go by extremely fast, not to mention it's much more powerful than the Pro, does everything the Xbox One S does and more, and also has 4K Blu-Ray...

Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot with this move, they shot themselves in the head. Even if the Xbox Scorpio costs $600, hell even $699.97, it's still cheaper than buying the PS4 Pro and an Xbox One S to do 4K Blu-Rays, and we all know it won't cost that much, it will most likely cost $499.

This was just a catastrophic fucking failure, I was actually shocked when I was driving home reading that they left this drive out.

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 quakeknight1991

@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

Look at it this way, and it's not really hilarious, it was simply a flat out dumb ass move by Sony.

Sony just came out and said that the Pro is their last PS4 model and will be around for a long time, so probably another 5 years at least. People who buy this console have subjected themselves to being without 4K Blu-Ray ever for a PS4, with that in mind you have the direct competition that has a lot more features, things going on in general and has a 4K Blu-Ray drive.

So if you buy a Pro you're probably going to still want 4K Blu-Rays, and with that in mind that drives people to the Xbox One S for them, it may even drive prospective Pro purchasers to it entirely due to not wanting to double dip the cost. Then you have to factor in Scorpio, it's coming out in about 14 months which will go by extremely fast, not to mention it's much more powerful than the Pro, does everything the Xbox One S does and more, and also has 4K Blu-Ray...

Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot with this move, they shot themselves in the head. Even if the Xbox Scorpio costs $600, hell even $699.97, it's still cheaper than buying the PS4 Pro and an Xbox One S to do 4K Blu-Rays, and we all know it won't cost that much, it will most likely cost $499.

This was just a catastrophic fucking failure, I was actually shocked when I was driving home reading that they left this drive out.

So, in other words, 4k Blu ray movies have more value for you than actual exclusive videogames. Understood.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@silversix_ said:

It is kinda comical that some, all of a sudden, decide to grab a Bone. What do you expect? Its the same console that runs games in 720p. Nothing has changed since Sony and their failure PS4Poo. Now, if the Scorpio was released and you were abandoning ship to join the Scorpio crew, that would be perfectly understandable. There's no reason to support a significantly less powerful system. But buying the same useless console that has zero exclusives to look forward (unless you don't own a pc of course) and performs like shit, is kinda funny lol. But hey! You do get a 4k Blueray player yo.

Yea, it's pretty baffling makes no sense at all. Unless some of these people buying an Xbone S truly believe they are getting 4K gaming on a machine that can't run BF1 at higher than 720p. It looks like MS's FUD campaign has worked on some soft minds in SW.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dynamitecop

@quakeknight1991 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

So, in other words, 4k Blu ray movies have more value for you than actual exclusive videogames. Understood.

Most people in the console market don't give a rat's ass if a game is shared with PC or not, the console/PC gamer mix is the extreme minority and you fruit loops try to drum this nonsense up like every console gamer is a PC gamer to create the illusion of it actually mattering on some relevant scale, it's total idiocy.

To people who are console gamers which makes up the overwhelming vast majority of console users, a game not being on a competing console platform solidifies it as exclusive, in that market it's just as exclusive as anything that another console gets whether shared with PC or not. You can call it a multi-platform game all day, it doesn't matter, but a Nintendo or PlayStation system will never see said game and for these console gamers that is a direct hit.

Keep peddling this "actual exclusive" shit, it doesn't make a bit of difference to the aforementioned gamers because to them everything that's not on another console is an actual exclusive.

Sony had a solid thing going with the PlayStation 4, they didn't need to do anything, and they fucked themselves right out of the gate with this machine.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Clash of the Fanboys fellas. Witnessing this shit first hand!

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By quakeknight1991

@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

Most people in the console market don't give a rat's ass if a game is shared with PC or not, the console/PC gamer mix is the extreme minority and you fruit loops try to drum this nonsense up like every console gamer is a PC gamer, it's total idiocy.

To people who are console gamers which makes up the overwhelming vast majority of console users, a game not being on a competing console platform solidifies it as exclusive, in that market it's just as exclusive as anything that another console gets whether shared with PC or not. You can call it a multi-platform game all day, it doesn't matter, but a Nintendo or PlayStation system will never see said game and for these console gamers that is a direct hit.

Keep peddling this "actual exclusive" shit, it doesn't make a bit of difference to the aforementioned gamers because to them everything that's not on another console is an actual exclusive.

The thing is if you buy an xbox scorpio its to get a higher performance but if you get a gaming PC you can get an even better performance, get to play these so called "xbox one exclusives" and on top of that you also get to play titles that are actually exclusive to the PC. That is why for an actual gamer the Xbox one in general is absolutely worthless. And I really do not care what the overwhelming majority does or thinks. The fact is that if you want to play Xbox one games you can do so by getting a gaming PC and on top of that it would be overall a purcharse with more value than an Xbox one.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dynamitecop
@quakeknight1991 said:

The thing is if you buy an xbox scorpio its to get a higher performance but if you get a gaming PC you can get an even better performance, get to play these so called "xbox one exclusives" and on top of that you also get to play titles that are actually exclusive to the PC. That is why for an actual gamer the Xbox one in general is absolutely worthless. And I really do not care what the overwhelming majority does or thinks. The fact is that if you want to play Xbox one games you can do so by getting a gaming PC and on top of that it would be overall a purcharse with more value than an Xbox one.

Try to understand this, these people don't want gaming PC's, they want a fucking console, they're not in that demographic, no one should have to explain this common sense shit...

Stupid beyond belief...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows jumping ship before scorpio, quackknight is next bahaha

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@quadknight said:
@silversix_ said:

Yea, it's pretty baffling makes no sense at all. Unless some of these people buying an Xbone S truly believe they are getting 4K gaming on a machine that can't run BF1 at higher than 720p. It looks like MS's FUD campaign has worked on some soft minds in SW.

bahahaha still trying to justify your 900p console? PS4 has the most 900p games bahahahaa

u will be a lemming after scorpio, PS4P will FLOP, ahahahaha

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By quakeknight1991

@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

Try to understand this, these people don't want gaming PC's, they want a fucking console, they're not in that demographic, no one should have to explain this common sense shit...

Stupid beyond belief...

You sound angry. Lets if you can understand this. Why do gamers buy a console? It is to play games. Why buy that product if another product does the same thing but better? And lets not try to pretend that simply because you are console gamer you will magically ignore that fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Wow

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dynamitecop

@quakeknight1991 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

Stupid beyond belief...

You sound angry. Lets if you can understand this. Why do gamers buy a console? It is to play games. Why buy that product if another product does the same thing but better? And lets not try to pretend that simply because you are console gamer you will magically ignore that fact.

People want something cheap, effective, quiet, efficient, simple, plug and play and extremely user friendly that they can hook up to their TV and just use, again I shouldn't have to explain these things to you, no one should, it's common sense for people who actually possess it.

I hate to burst your bubble but most of the console community are just regular joes, people like us are the outlier's in the market, they don't care about a PC.

Stop trying to justify that people should buy PC's instead of simply embracing reality, most console gamers don't care about PC and don't want one, move on with your life.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@quadknight said:
@silversix_ said:

bahahaha still trying to justify your 900p console? PS4 has the most 900p games bahahahaa

The only flop here is you still gaming on a 720p gaming machine, pssst...1997 called and they want their resolution back. PS4Pro is actually selling really good...

Scorpio will flop hard once it releases and everyone realizes it has no games.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dynamitecop

@quadknight said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@quadknight said:
@silversix_ said:

The only flop here is you still gaming on a 720p gaming machine, pssst...1997 called and they want their resolution back. PS4Pro is actually selling really good...

You can't sell/buy something that's not for sale and you don't pay for.

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 quakeknight1991

@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

Stupid beyond belief...

People want something cheap, effective, quiet, efficient, simple, plug and play and extremely user friendly that they can hook up to their TV and just use, again I shouldn't have to explain these things to you, no one should, it's common sense for people who actually possess it.

I hate to burst your bubble but most of the console community are just regular joes, people like us are the outlier's in the market, they don't care about a PC.

Stop trying to justify that people should buy PC's instead of simply embracing reality, most console gamers don't care about PC and don't want one, move on with your life.

First, from the very beginning I was talking about gamers. in other words people who are actually passionate about this hobby. Also nobody knows how much the Scorpio will cost, Microsoft said it will be a premium product. So from what we know it could be not affordable for most "regular joes". Also unlike common belief you do not need to spend an insane amount of money to play modern PC games unless you want to play them at the highest possible graphical settings. And lets be honest even if you cannot play the games these games at the highest possible graphical settings they will most likely still look bettter on PCs. I really do not care whether you are interested on gaming PCs or not. The fact is that it is objectively a better option for people who are interested in playing these "Xbox one exclusives" than actually buying an Xbox One.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@quadknight said:

You can't sell/buy something that's not for sale and you don't pay for.

Dat damage control. I bet you weren't saying the same thing when XboneS was selling good on Amazon when it was announced.

"B...bu...bu.....bu....but WAIT!! They will cancel their preorders!!11"

Just like you wanted us to wait in the Uncharted review thread for the scores to drop below 90 on MC lol.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Some people are so fickle and easily swayed by few forum and Twitter posts LMFAO. Just wait for the Scorpio you'll get the best Xbox experience there all things considered.

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 quakeknight1991
@a-new-guardian said:

Some people are so fickle and easily swayed by few forum and Twitter posts LMFAO. Just wait for the Scorpio you'll get the best Xbox experience there all things considered.

You can already get the best "xbox experience", it is called the PC.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dynamitecop

@quakeknight1991 said:

First, from the very beginning I was talking about gamers. in other words people who are actually passionate about this hobby. Also nobody knows how much the Scorpio will cost, Microsoft said it will be a premium product. So from what we know it could be not affordable for most "regular joes". Also unlike common belief you do not need to spend an insane amount of money to play modern PC games unless you want to play them at the highest possible graphical settings. And lets be honest even if you cannot play the games these games at the highest possible graphical settings they will most likely still look bettter on PCs. I really do not care whether you are interested on gaming PCs or not. The fact is that it is objectively a better option for people who are interested in playing these "Xbox one exclusives" than actually buying an Xbox One.

You can't discriminate against an entire group of people because it doesn't suit your narrative and peddle something like 'well actually i was talking about core gamers, blah, blah, blah', that's a terrible logical scapegoat.

You don't know what premium product means and are attaching a fictional high value to the word instead of looking at the console landscape, empirical data, what everything is selling for now and what a system like that should realistically cost 14 months from now, $499 is the sweet spot.

Get over it dude, you lost this little failed argument of yours the second you started typing, there's a vast majority of console only gamers and that's all they want. they and I don't care about your stupid ass rationalizations of what people should do, or the benefits, or anything else, they don't want a PC, the end.

It's not objectively better for people who want to play these games, that's entirely subjective on your personal wants, needs and interests... You really don't have a clue what you're doing right now.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dynamitecop

@quadknight said:

Dat damage control. I bet you weren't saying the same thing when XboneS was selling good on Amazon when it was announced.

I was praising it on Amazon, because when I was it was actually fucking SELLING on Amazon.

You're nut hugging "pre-orders" that can be placed by anyone and require no actual money to make one, it's incredibly dumb.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shewgenja

I already captain multiple ships. I'm a Commodore. Adding a ship to my fleet does not make me a jumper lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

I was praising it on Amazon, because when I was it was actually fucking SELLING on Amazon.

You're nut hugging "pre-orders" that can be placed by anyone and require no actual money to make one, it's incredibly dumb.

lol, you're delusional.

So you're saying people will preorder a PS4 Pro on Amazon with no intention of getting one and flood ebay with PS4 sale offers only to cancel their preorders at the last second? LOL, I'd like whatever it is you're smoking.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dynamitecop

@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

lol, you're delusional.

Pray tell me, what part of my post is inaccurate?

Oh yeah, no part of it, it's inarguable fact.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

lol, you're delusional.

The only fact here is that you're in damage control. I look forward to seeing you have another meltdown in the NPD September thread.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dynamitecop

@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

lol, you're delusional.

The only fact here is that you're in damage control. I look forward to seeing you have another meltdown in the NPD September thread.

No, the only facts here is I praised the Xbox One S while it was actually for sale and shipping to people from Amazon, and you're praising "pre-orders" two months in advance that require absolutely no money of any kind and any person can place.

A placed order means something, a shipped order means something, a paid for pre-order means something, a "pre-order" without financial fulfillment means nothing, it's simply a slot in line.

quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 quakeknight1991

@dynamitecop said:
@quakeknight1991 said:

You can't discriminate against an entire group of people because it doesn't suit your narrative and peddle something like 'well actually i was talking about core gamers, blah, blah, blah', that's a terrible logical scapegoat.

You don't know what premium product means and are attaching a fictional high value to the word instead of looking at the console landscape, empirical data, what everything is selling for now and what a system like that should realistically cost 14 months from now, $499 is the sweet spot.

Get over it dude, you lost this little failed argument of yours the second you started typing, there's a vast majority of console only gamers and that's all they want. they and I don't care about your stupid ass rationalizations of what people should do, or the benefits, or anything else, they don't want a PC, the end.

It's not objectively better for people who want to play these games, that's entirely subjective on your personal wants, needs and interests... You really don't have a clue what you're doing right now.

You are saying that I am discrimanting against a group of people but the last time someone (Microsoft), catered to the non gamer group with the original announcement of the Xbox one they ended up getting in a huge mess.

Sure I do not know how much the Scorpio will cost, but no matter how you spin it, Microsoft itself implied that it will be an expensive product.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-much-will-xbox-scorpio-cost-its-a-premium-prod/1100-6442817/

And yes, it is objectively better since it allows you to play games with better frame rate and graphics.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:

lol, you're delusional.

No, the only facts here is I praised the Xbox One S while it was actually for sale and shipping to people from Amazon, and you're praising "pre-orders" two months in advance that require absolutely no money of any kind and any person can place.

A placed order means something, a shipped order means something, a paid for pre-order means something, a "pre-order" without financial fulfillment means nothing, it's simply a slot in line.

*Bookmarked for future ownage*

Don't try to hide when the next NPD comes out because I'm going to expose you lol.