Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#101 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@zassimick: Ahhh, that's fair. I just wanted a sig to commemorate my newest waifu, the new Zelda, but it's alright if you're over making sigs lol

I'll take some personal requests, though I'll be more picky about what I take on. I'm happy to craft you a new sig with Breath of the Wild's Zelda. Give me till the weekend and I'll PM you something to see what you think.

@charizard1605 said:

Chozo deleted his profile. The NieR hype thread is now open, I suppose, or was there a reserve?

No record in this thread of a reserve. Looks like shadowchronicle had wanted it back in your original thread.

@shadowchronicle, if you're around and want it the hype thread for NiER Automata is yours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@zassimick: Thanks! Make it Zelda focused though, I've a crush on her :-3

you da bess, zass

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#103 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@zassimick said:

@cainetao11: Part of the stating that "I hype the game X but I think it will be a Y" stems from the old metagame. You weren't guessing what you think the game will end up being, you're trying to play the minds of the ever-fluctuating Gamespot reviewers, and the industry as a whole. Predicting how their taste and insight falls in line with what the developers and publishers have shown versus what the game truly ends up being by the end.

So I find Deus Ex dull, despite that, I wouldn't hype it a 6/10 because I'm trying to correctly guess what Gamespot will give it, so I'll go with an 8/10.

There are exceptions to this, like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker which was robbed of its 10/10.

That's just how it used to work. How it is now? Well I assume many are still operating under this mentality.

Its not that I don't understand. I'm posting my opinion it is stupid. The hype is asking, what do you think it will get?

Now of course people are free to post what they want. But so am I criticizing it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#104 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@zassimick: Ahhh, that's fair. I just wanted a sig to commemorate my newest waifu, the new Zelda, but it's alright if you're over making sigs lol

The new Zelda looks kinda weird to me, I think its the forehead. I liked the Skyward Sword one better

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

The new Zelda looks kinda weird to me, I think its the forehead. I liked the Skyward Sword one better

I like the new Zelda and her forehead :(

Skyward Sword Zelda had botox lips

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 aigis

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

now that im looking at it, maybe its the eyebrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

Her eyebrows aren't bad...

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By aigis

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:

I dunno, its just something feels... off

Skyward Sword Zelda ftw!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:

I dunno, its just something feels... off

Skyward Sword Zelda ftw!

Okay, good, this means I get the BotW Zelda all to myself :-3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@zassimick khoofia asked me to tell you that he will be unable to do the Horizon thread

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 zassimick  Moderator

@charizard1605: Thanks for the heads up!

If anyone else would like to claim this very anticipated game, it's available!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cainetao11

@zassimick said:

@charizard1605: Thanks for the heads up!

If anyone else would like to claim this very anticipated game, it's available!

I actually wanted to buy Horizon more than Nioh until I did all my reading up and choosing stuff for the Hype thread. I hope someone else steps up for Horizon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#113 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@cainetao11: @zassimick: @charizard1605: I'll be happy to do it cause I'm totally looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn and I already pre-order the digital version of the game as it is. It's a new IP game I want to make sure it get's the supported it needs and not some tiresome known franchise games we been getting. Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda, & Nier: Automata are the only 3 games I'm looking forward to and sorry cainetao11, I'm not even hype nor picking up Nioh, I'm more interested in Nier: Automata anyways.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 cainetao11

@davillain-: All good my friend. I look forward to your thread because like you, I have Horizon pre ordered.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I wonder: Is there some limits on what I am allowed to make a hype thread for? Does it need to be a popular game? Or could I also make a hype thread for the Switch? How about niche titles like GOD WARS Future Past or Touhou Genso Wanderer? How come a huge title like Dragon Quest isn't in the list? Does it need to have a confirmed release date in the US?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 zassimick  Moderator

@ArchoNils2: The list I provided was a shortlist of options I thought might garner interest in people looking to pick up a hype thread.

In reality, any game could have a hype thread built around it, though I'd caution spending too much time on a thread for more obscure titles since people may not check out the thread if they don't know the game. Granted, that's the point of a hype thread so don't let me stop you!

For a user to claim a hype thread, the game needs to at least be announced. When this thread originally went live, I quickly claimed Kingdom Hearts 3 knowing full well it won't release until like 2019 at the earliest. So no release date needed, but you can only claim two hype threads and I will check in periodically with users to make sure they are still around--if not, the hype thread will become available again!

Lastly, as for the Switch... @charizard1605, were you planning on doing anything for that? I thought at one point I would but it's my busy time of year at work and won't be able to get to it. :[ Otherwise, yes that can be something that can be arranged.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@zassimick: If someone else wants the Switch thread, I think they should do it! If no one has claimed something by, say, Feb 20, I'll step up and take it.

Is that okay?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ArchoNils2

I would love to make a Switch hype thread as I am really hyped for it. However, I do not have any experience making a hype thread (yet), it would be my first. So I'm not sure if I'm qualified for such a huge release ^^

I was thinking about having OP with all the Info on hardware (The Switch, Joycons, classic controllers etc. but also release date and price), a second post with the software (launch titles with trailers, followed by upcoming games) and have a 3rd one reserved for future use (maybe news or online functions, depends on what we'll get until launch).

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By zassimick  Moderator

@ArchoNils2: Certainly give it a go! If you need any help, don't hesitate to reach out here or in a PM to charizard1605 or myself and we're happy to offer you a bit of advice or provide you with a little help if needed.

That set up sounds very good for the hype thread. My recommendation is type and prepare everything out in Word ahead of time. When ready to post the thread, create the first post and once you publish it, quickly make two more posts in the thread that say [RESERVED]. Then, go back and edit those posts in with the content you had planned for the second and third posts.

If you don't hurry like that, someone is bound to respond to your thread quickly and break up the flow of your posts. Also, I advise you to not use a poll since your OP will be filled with info.

The Switch goes live on March 3rd, so I would recommend giving the thread a lot of time to have discussion. An expected date for it would be February 22nd, and I think anything later than the 27th becomes too late for a hype thread.

EDIT: Also, in the second post in this thread I have links to a bunch of old hype threads. If you need inspiration on format or anything, you should give those a look.

Let us know if we can offer any assistance!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DaVillain  Moderator

@zassimick: I think @FireEmblem_Man should have that honor to do Switch hype thread since he's been cool with it and he's been pretty excited this time around if you ask me.

Also as for Horizon hype thread, I'll have it up Feb, 20th.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ArchoNils2

First of all: thank you for the opportunity to make the hype thread for the Switch and your advises.

Would the weekend of the 18th and 19th be too early to post it? I was thinking about posting the thread on the weekend so I can react fast, if people give me suggestions to the hype thread.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 zassimick  Moderator

@davillain-: I actually don't have any record of FireEmblem_Man doing hype threads, so not even sure he'd be interested. I'm sure it would be a good one though!

To offer him the honor without coming in to make the claim negates the purpose of this thread, especially when ArchoNils2 has now expressed interest. So unless ArchoNils2 finds he is unable to create the thread in time, we'll honor his request.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@zassimick: My bad, I miss his post about it. This was my opinion however.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ArchoNils2

@davillain-: @zassimick: I am able to deliver in time, already started with the structure of the post on one of my wordpress sites. But I don't want to stand in any ones way. If you think FireEmblem_Man is better suited for it, I can step back for him. Just make sure to tell me soon enough, because I already started working on it. Of course I would also be willing to work with him together, if that's an option?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DaVillain  Moderator

@ArchoNils2 said:

@davillain-: @zassimick: I am able to deliver in time, already started with the structure of the post on one of my wordpress sites. But I don't want to stand in any ones way. If you think FireEmblem_Man is better suited for it, I can step back for him. Just make sure to tell me soon enough, because I already started working on it. Of course I would also be willing to work with him together, if that's an option?

I think you'll do well. If however you need any Nintendo Switch pics for your hype thread, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly help out however I can. Also, I'm not in charge of these hype threads, that's Zass's job but I don't mind heling anyone or you out however.

Good Luck!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ArchoNils2

@davillain-: Thank you very much for your offer. I'll come back to your offer if I get stuck somewhere :)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@zassimick said:

@davillain-: I actually don't have any record of FireEmblem_Man doing hype threads, so not even sure he'd be interested. I'm sure it would be a good one though!

To offer him the honor without coming in to make the claim negates the purpose of this thread, especially when ArchoNils2 has now expressed interest. So unless ArchoNils2 finds he is unable to create the thread in time, we'll honor his request.

I think he meant that one Nintendo Switch Presentation thread I did last month before Desmonic hijacked it, locked it, and created his own. I've long passed that

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ArchoNils2

@FireEmblem_Man: Hey, nice to see you in this thread. Did you see the discussion?
Were you interested in doing a Switch Hype thread? If so, are you okay with me doing it?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Hey, nice to see you in this thread. Did you see the discussion?

Were you interested in doing a Switch Hype thread? If so, are you okay with me doing it?

Naw, I'm good! You go on ahead :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Relinquishing the Zelda hype thread. I am unable to find the time to do it. I only hope whoever else does it does it justice

@zassimick, just so you won't miss this post.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@charizard1605: Unable to find time? Charz, when I make a hype thread, it takes me like 20-30 minutes, not like hours. This is what I do, write notes on your Blog page, use images to match your hype thread and when your ready to post it in SW, just use all the notes/images from your save blog and copy/paste it in SW and delete your blog. I do hope my tip helps you out and I only update my own blog when I have new notes to add before the deadline.

Giving the fact that you are always here, I find it hard to believe you don't have time lol.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#132 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Is anyone going to do a Nier thread?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

8.0 AA is my guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#134 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Good ep again. Just keeps having some pace issues.

Nioh... I'm dragging my ass through FFXV and as soon as I finish it I'll get to it. My only concern with the game is not the difficulty but that it lacks the feeling of adventure I get from DS. And that sense of discovery, exploration and adventure is what keeps pushing me to the end.

About ME, I love the trilogy. Picked up the 1st at a time in my life when gaming was a bit on the far background and was blown away. And with the 3rd one I was not bothered at all by the ending. But right now I'm not feeling it for Andromeda.

Nier... Hum, I was kind of excited about it but the Demo completely killed my already mild hype. Bayo2 was such a superb gameplay experience and I was expecting Nier to be up there too. But it just felt bland both in gameplay and visually.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 zassimick  Moderator

@kvally said:

Is anyone going to do a Nier thread?

I tagged a user who might have been interested when I found out the one who originally claimed NieR had disabled his account, but no response.

If you'd like to claim it, it's yours. Otherwise we do not have a person yet to do the thread.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By aigis

@zassimick: From what I've seen Nier is March 7, I can do one if nobody else wants to

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#137  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Hmmm A champ hype thread. Would I have to acknolwedge the existence of the first Nier? because that game sucks.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@jg4xchamp: You're doing a hype thread? lol can't wait :P But yeah, no need to actually focus on previous games if you don't want to. Just go all in with this one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jg4xchamp

@Desmonic said:

@jg4xchamp: You're doing a hype thread? lol can't wait :P But yeah, no need to actually focus on previous games if you don't want to. Just go all in with this one.

Nah mad work. I'd actually have to learn how to photoshop.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Desmonic  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: Pffft. I made an all MS Paint Hype Thread for UC4 lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jg4xchamp

@Desmonic said:

@jg4xchamp: Pffft. I made an all MS Paint Hype Thread for UC4 lol

I know, you treated Uncharted with the level of respect it deserves. None what so ever.

I would be obligated to treat Platinum Games and their fight for survival with the level of respect it deserves, and that's mad work.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Desmonic  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: Hey man, it took me like....................15 minutes to make all of that!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 jg4xchamp

@Desmonic said:

@jg4xchamp: Hey man, it took me like....................15 minutes to make all of that!

About as much effort as Naughty Dog puts into their gameplay, i see what you did there.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Desmonic  Moderator

@jg4xchamp:

What more does one need to know what's in Uncharted? :P

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

8/10 for NieR Automata

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@MightyMuna said:

8/10 for NieR Automata

That's not how this thread works. This isn't a NieR: Automata hype thread.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ArchoNils2

@zassimick: I started putting my Hype thread into my blog and will finish it on Friday. Would you mind checking out whether I'm on the right part or not? A lot of info is still missing and it has some swiss-german notes in it, but I guess it's far enough to see whether or not the direction is okay?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ArchoNils2: I know you didn't ask me, but it looks like it is coming along excellently well!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ArchoNils2

@charizard1605: Thank you very much for your feedback :) I'm a bit nervous because it's my first hype thread and I think a thread for a new system is huge. It helps reading that I'm on the right path :)

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 zassimick  Moderator

@ArchoNils2: It's looking very nice! When possible, utilize the "Paragraph" text rather than a header options. When there's so much large, bold text on the page from using the header font type, it becomes difficult to read (like your Games lists.) Otherwise, you have some great information there! Keep it up!