Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#101 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Basinboy said:

@ferret-gamer said:

@Basinboy said:

GOG is the party determining the price for Witcher 3, not CD Projekt Red. For the GoG community, non-DRM software is a big deal and paying more for that feature is a leveraging point GoG is afforded.

If someone is willing to pay more, why not let them?

CD Projekt Red owns GoG.

Truly? Did they purchase the platform? I still recall CD Projekt Red being uber-pissed over pirated copies of Witcher 2 - doesn't add up that a developer butthurt over pirated copies would own a DRM-free distribution client.

The more you know.

Yep:

GOG Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt RED based in Warsaw, Poland

Has GoG ever not been owned by CD Projekt Red? Because that's a terrible oversight on my behalf for not knowing, if true.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@Basinboy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Basinboy said:

@ferret-gamer said:

@Basinboy said:

GOG is the party determining the price for Witcher 3, not CD Projekt Red. For the GoG community, non-DRM software is a big deal and paying more for that feature is a leveraging point GoG is afforded.

CD Projekt Red owns GoG.

Truly? Did they purchase the platform? I still recall CD Projekt Red being uber-pissed over pirated copies of Witcher 2 - doesn't add up that a developer butthurt over pirated copies would own a DRM-free distribution client.

The more you know.

Yep:

GOG Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt RED based in Warsaw, Poland

Has GoG ever not been owned by CD Projekt Red? Because that's a terrible oversight on my behalf for not knowing, if true.

Wow, same here. I had no idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Nope, pretty sure they created it

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

AUD price is $89.99 (without discount) is this like a special edition?...if not yea very high.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@lawlessx said:

@Basinboy said:

@ferret-gamer said:

@Basinboy said:

CD Projekt Red owns GoG.

The more you know.

no they created it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/23/cd-projekt-red-admits-sending-letters-to-witcher-2-pirates-was-a-mistake/

I didn't even know about this,but atleast they were man enough to admit fault..ubisoft would have kept it up and just give the supporters the finger.

I'm still not sure what they were admitting fault for. Requesting a payment for a stolen good isn't really wrong.

Elena_The_Turk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Elena_The_Turk
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

@superbuuman: Actually that kind of price is standard in Australia for a new game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Well I spent $150 for the CE :D

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#109 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

A 27% discount is fair. They still have to make money since they are a business and not a volunteer group.

I had a lot of emails too since i am more popular. LULZ

For all the flak TC gets here some of his shyte is funny. All I know is I paid $47.99 for my copy because I own the first 2 on GOG. I'm all set and ready

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

wow

much ripoff

such scum

so scandalous

wow

would pre-order again

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Honestly I really don't care if a game is marked up past $60 if there is reason to warrant it.. $50 and $60 are abstract barriers.. Some games are worth much less than that, others far more... Now whether Witcher 3 warrants it is any ones guess at this moment, but I am not going to flip out for a minuscule one time increase.. If it bothers me that much I will wait til it's discounted.... People should be up at arms over actual things that matter, like games released in bug ridden messes or developers flat out lying to customers to bring up pre orders before they dump their product on the market, not this trivial bullshit.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Hilarious. PC 'master race' numpties spend thousands on (if you believe their shit) a 4K TV and a rig that costs at least a grand to play in 4K then cry about a few dollars to buy a game. lol. Liars, every one of them. They'll fucking pirate the game anyway.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I don't get the routine you have going for knocking CDPR as some super shady studio. In terms of offering value and treating their customers right CDProject is pretty legit. If you are going to do the Witcher trolling, that shit is easy as sin. You have so much material to work: the unsatisfying and shallow gameplay of the previous games, the lackluster writing, the poor voice acting, to the sheer amount of bloat those games carry. It could only be easier to pick apart if it was Dragon Age Origins.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blueinheaven

@jg4xchamp said:

I don't get the routine you have going for knocking CDPR as some super shady studio. In terms of offering value and treating their customers right CDProject is pretty legit. If you are going to do the Witcher trolling, that shit is easy as sin. You have so much material to work: the unsatisfying and shallow gameplay of the previous games, the lackluster writing, the poor voice acting, to the sheer amount of bloat those games carry. It could only be easier to pick apart if it was Dragon Age Origins.

I'm not sure where you get this from. I'm playing W2 at the moment and writing and voice acting is a cut above. The gameplay I am struggling with it literally is just hack and slash and use your favourite sign and it's auto win. For poor voice acting DA Inquisition would be a better target the VA really is awful for most of its characters.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

If a PC game is 49.99 pound then it's because of high taxes. Write a letter to your politician, probably more effective than whining on a forum.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#116 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

uninspiredcup, my friend, Go back to showing us Downgraded pics of The Witcher 3. It's like the ONLY argument you actually have for this game.

Pricing? Unless Cities Skylines was like the last game you bought for PC don't really go for $29.99 normally or $45.34 for price conversions and such (and that's actually a little closer, but still.)

For example, GTAV, did NOT cost $29.99 it was a full $60.

Pillars of Eternity? it's about $44.99

Project Cars? $49.99

So yeah your argument here is pretty stupid.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

This is a very old thread. 10 months ago. lol Anyway, I pre-ordered TW3 from Steam around £27 or USD$40 because I'm using Philippine Steam. Prices are much cheaper for poorer countries and I applaud Steam for that. GOG doesn't seem to have regional pricing which is what turns me off from buying there.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I'm not sure where you get this from. I'm playing W2 at the moment and writing and voice acting is a cut above. The gameplay I am struggling with it literally is just hack and slash and use your favourite sign and it's auto win. For poor voice acting DA Inquisition would be a better target the VA really is awful for most of its characters.

VA was more Witcher 1, it's atrocious? the writing? A lot of the attempts at naturalistic writing struggles on a technical level at times with how they bridge their short form sentences and long form sentences, it creates a lot of jarring dialogue exchanges that are meant to be conversations that would seem believeable in a fantasy environment. Beyond that there is a lot of plot stuff/lore stuff that is straight weak in these games, the Witcher 2's ending if I remember it right was legit stupid.

Admittedly I actually like The Witcher games on some level, 2 is legit entertaining, and 1...well one I think is a poor game, but they have their endearing qualities. I'm just saying if you I was going to troll, I'd pick on the material CDPR has given me on a silver platter, not the shit that actually wouldn't apply to them like them being shady. They've given very little in that department to work with.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Wow, this necro thread has been rotting in the archives for over 10 months!

Why was it resurrected?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 blueinheaven

@jg4xchamp said:
@blueinheaven said:
@jg4xchamp said:

VA was more Witcher 1, it's atrocious? the writing? A lot of the attempts at naturalistic writing struggles on a technical level at times with how they bridge their short form sentences and long form sentences, it creates a lot of jarring dialogue exchanges that are meant to be conversations that would seem believeable in a fantasy environment. Beyond that there is a lot of plot stuff/lore stuff that is straight weak in these games, the Witcher 2's ending if I remember it right was legit stupid.

Admittedly I actually like The Witcher games on some level, 2 is legit entertaining, and 1...well one I think is a poor game, but they have their endearing qualities. I'm just saying if you I was going to troll, I'd pick on the material CDPR has given me on a silver platter, not the shit that actually wouldn't apply to them like them being shady. They've given very little in that department to work with.

Yeah I know what your point is they seem to be all about giving maximum value and showing total appreciation to the gamers it's really lame to be trying to drag them down for anything like that. I just didn't agree that the writing and VA was poor for Witcher 2 specially compared to other, similar games but hey we all have different opinions.

I think Witcher 3 will be the game they always wanted to make and hopefully everything they've learned along the way will lead to a really great RPG experience. I'd certainly bet on them delivering it more than any of their competition.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I got my W3 free with the purchase of a new GTX 970. This copy comes with a plethora of digital extras. In addition, I've also bought the physical as it comes with a map, stickers, soundtrack CD, a "Witcher's Universe-The Compendium", and game manual. This is just the standard edition, it is not the CE, and for all that plus the game which is more than likely going to provide me with more than 100+ hours of content, $59 is a steal. It also is DRM free (something I will pay a premium for to show I'll support those not doing it) and comes with an additional code for digital back-up in case something happens to the physical copy. I am also getting a discount for owning the previous games.

I miss the days of a developers/publishers putting emphasis on the physicality of a game as they did then, and CDP is here, not asking a CE price, but one that is generally the norm but is still coming with a lot of what would be considered CE material.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Nice zombie thread.

Elena_The_Turk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Elena_The_Turk
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@Elena_The_Turk said:

@superbuuman: Actually that kind of price is standard in Australia for a new game.

Your first post and you already commit a bannable offense, nice going there.

Actually, this was my second post. And by the time I realised this was a necro' it was too late because a bunch of other people posted as well.

Now, may this thread RIP.