Capcom owes Sony an explanation.

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

escaflowne36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 escaflowne36
Member since 2004 • 3005 Posts
Capcom owes Sony an explanation.  Making DMC will not even make more money for Capcom and they are idiots for doing this.  People buy systems for their exclusives, and the fundamentals of system sales are based upon this.  This will niether help or make money for Capcom, DMC 4 will sell the same if not less copies than the last entrances in the series, and they owe an explanation for why they would do this.  This is not actually GOOD for the gaming economy because each system needs exclusives, imagine if ps3 got halo 3, there would be no point in buying an xbox 360.  And all you "but it has teh gear of warzzzz" shut up because xbox360 would not have existed had halo series not sold so well on regular xbox.  This will prove to be worse for gaming that better.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
I afraid I don't follow your logic. Please elaborate.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Capcom owes Sony nothing. They're in it to make money. Apparently, Sony wasn't selling consoles quickly enough to establish a huge fan base. By offering their game on another platform, Capcom has boosted its own sales without having to rely on Sony. That's smart business.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
I hope you never run a business
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

No sony owns an explanation to there fanbase and devleopers why make it so much harder to make. so much more  money to spend...

hmm less sales no rumble at moment lieing

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
Dead Rising and Lost Planet both sold over a million on the 360. Why the hell shouldn't they port DMC?
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts
I hope you never run a businessShakeNBake1491
I hope I never invest in his business.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
Dead Rising and Lost Planet both sold over a million on the 360. Why the hell shouldn't they port DMC?Michael85
Devil May Cry is NOT the same type of game as LP and Dead Rising. Its very difficult and such games DMC and NG only sell great in Japan.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
No, they don't. If DMC4 tanks b/c there's not enough of a PS3 userbase, Capcom gets screwed, not Sony.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
Sony probably knew it was going to go multiplat.
xxKAMIKAZExx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxKAMIKAZExx
Member since 2006 • 619 Posts
The owe them nothing. The only reason it was kept as an exclusive before was because PS2 sales were really high, so they had a better chance at selling more copies then if they were to put it on GC. PS3 isen't selling fast enough to satisfy them, and they will go where the money is.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Dead Rising and Lost Planet both sold over a million on the 360. Why the hell shouldn't they port DMC?Michael85
Similarly, offering Dead Rising and Lost Planet on the PS3 means more money without a significant re-investment into new game production. See how it works.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
Of course they are going to earn money. Easy economics: more supply/demand = more money. gnutux
Gaming-Module

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gaming-Module
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts
Get used to it, guy. The PS3 is a sinking ship and any developer that doesn't accept that reality now and adapt to it in 18 months is going to miss the boat that is this entire hardware generation and probably sink as well. Don't be surprised when Konami gets acquired by another big Japanese publisher this generation or when a lot of the quirky niche titles that characterized the PS2 end up on the DS.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
I do think that they owe Sony an explanation. Just my opinion.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I hope you never run a businessShakeNBake1491

Hahahaha that basically sums up this entire thread... lol Perfect

TC... So you think Capcom and their people said, we may most likely loose money if we go to the PC, and 360 and the heads at Capcom said.... ok let's do it! lol Capcom made millions of of DR and LP so it's called common sense.

And if they did have an explanation it would be in the form of a note read like this...

"Sorry, we like more money you" 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kcpp2b

I do think that they owe Sony an explanation. Just my opinion.Ragnarok1051

That's assuming Sony doesn't know why the did what they did. 

downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
anyone who didnt expect this needs to put their crack pipe down. Seriously they have had too much. MGS is next. Square knows that japan will support FF no mater what system it is on, so if it does not sell enogh then that will head to 360 too, but i highly doubt that. These companies only care for your money.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I loled.

:lol:

You can't be serious can you...  

escaflowne36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 escaflowne36
Say the ps3 was only 100 dollars, and you wanted to play DMC 4 (and it was still exclusive), you would buy a ps3 to play DMC 4, and the sony exclusives.  With less exclusives, both sony and capcom lose money, because someone buys a system for its exclusives.  if nothing was exclusive, the only reason people would buy one system over another is like...the controller or free online.  Capcom will not make as much money off this, than they would have had they kept DMC 4 exclusive.   
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
360 owners buy games like mad, look at all the million selling titles including Capcoms own LP and DR. The installed base of the PS3 is just too low right now for publishers to make a profit releasing the games.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
also MS is paying for something like this, sony should try to pay for exclusivity but jack tretten told GameInformer that sony has never paid for exclusivity, that they earn companies trust. but they got him to admit they have offered a helping hand in marketing games,
RevenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RevenMan
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
I wonder what i would do if i had the option to earn millions of dollars or just don't port the game couse of some fanboys that i have never seen/met hmmm tough choice... but heck il go for the cash.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kcpp2b

Say the ps3 was only 100 dollars, and you wanted to play DMC 4 (and it was still exclusive), you would buy a ps3 to play DMC 4, and the sony exclusives. With less exclusives, both sony and capcom lose money, because someone buys a system for its exclusives. if nothing was exclusive, the only reason people would buy one system over another is like...the controller or free online. Capcom will not make as much money off this, than they would have had they kept DMC 4 exclusive. escaflowne36

Wow just stop now while you can, you really don't know what you're talking about honestly dude. Please never join a gaming company or have a position of power in a company in terms of handling financing and products lol

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Say the ps3 was only 100 dollars, and you wanted to play DMC 4 (and it was still exclusive), you would buy a ps3 to play DMC 4, and the sony exclusives.  With less exclusives, both sony and capcom lose money, because someone buys a system for its exclusives.  if nothing was exclusive, the only reason people would buy one system over another is like...the controller or free online.  Capcom will not make as much money off this, than they would have had they kept DMC 4 exclusive.   escaflowne36
Serioulsy, never go near an economics/business class, ever.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kcpp2b

360 owners buy games like mad, look at all the million selling titles including Capcoms own LP and DR. The installed base of the PS3 is just too low right now for publishers to make a profit releasing the games. Riverwolf007

I know LP and DR with no history or previous games in the franchise if it is one sold a million copies in less than a year. How do you think DMC4 will do? Ofcourse they would put DMC4 with the 360 and Capcom is loving MS apparently right now 

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GundamGuy0

Say the ps3 was only 100 dollars, and you wanted to play DMC 4 (and it was still exclusive), you would buy a ps3 to play DMC 4, and the sony exclusives. With less exclusives, both sony and capcom lose money, because someone buys a system for its exclusives. if nothing was exclusive, the only reason people would buy one system over another is like...the controller or free online. Capcom will not make as much money off this, than they would have had they kept DMC 4 exclusive. escaflowne36

First Mistake: The PS3 is not only 100 dollars... and I don't see the point in a hypothetical at this point...

Second Mistake: It doesn't matter to capcom what console you buy the game for just that you buy the game... money is money.

Third Mistake: People who now won't buy the PS3 to play DMC4 will buy an Xbox 360 to play it instead... if they really want to play it... It'll sell just as much, it's only Sony loosing out... Not capcom.  

djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts

the point is that it makes to sense in porting DMC4 to the 360. just like the others stated, people buy consoles for the games. Capcom isnt the only company that needs to explain....Namco Bandai does too sense they are now releasing Ace Combat 6 on the 360. Those were some of the main franchises that made me want to purchase a PS3. It makes no sense at all for them to go multiplatform or even make the new platform an exclusive to them only. what they should of done was make new franchises instead of switching consoles and continuing the old ones on them.

I mean the Air/Ace Combat and Devil May Cry series has been on Sony's platforms from day one on both PS1 and PS2. That's like all of a sudden putting the HALO series on PS3.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
That means Capcom owes an explanation to Nintendo after porting RE4 to Sony's Playstation 2.
escaflowne36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 escaflowne36
This is still something bad for the community, other companies will definitely follow suite, look at how many people own multiple systems, why?  becuase of exclusives...each system should have its exclusives...this will be ultimately bad for the gaming industry.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#31 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Capcom owes sony nothing. If sony wanted they could of easily payed for it. anyone who doesn't think the logic of more sysems = more buyers = more $$$ is dumb.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
None of your logic makes sense. How is it good for the gaming industry for the weakest system of a generation (sales performance wise) to be given exclusives that could have driven sales of other systems? How is it *bad* for the industry for a game to target roughly thirteen million consoles rather than less than three million? Of course Capcom will make money, for every PS3 owner who *won't* buy the game "because it's on the 360" there will be half-a-dozen 360 owners who will buy the game. Capcom owes Sony nothing - Sony should consider themselves lucky to still get the game at all, given the poor sales performance of the PS3 and the poor decisions Sony has made thus far.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GundamGuy0

This is still something bad for the community, other companies will definitely follow suite, look at how many people own multiple systems, why? becuase of exclusives...each system should have its exclusives...this will be ultimately bad for the gaming industry.escaflowne36

Why, only haveing to buy one console to play most of the games you want to is bad... I thought saving money was good.  

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts
Quick!  Somebody call the waaahmbulance
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUORTE="hellsing321"]I afraid I don't follow your logic. Plfease elaborate.

Are you asking for logic??? In System wars???:shock: Are you sure??
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts
Super Grover >>> This thread. Agreed? :D . . .
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

360's sold: 10 million

ps3's sold: 1 million

10 000 000 > 1 000 000

theres your explaination.

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Capcom owes Sony an explanation.  Making DMC will not even make more money for Capcom and they are idiots for doing this.  People buy systems for their exclusives, and the fundamentals of system sales are based upon this.  This will niether help or make money for Capcom, DMC 4 will sell the same if not less copies than the last entrances in the series, and they owe an explanation for why they would do this.  This is not actually GOOD for the gaming economy because each system needs exclusives, imagine if ps3 got halo 3, there would be no point in buying an xbox 360.  And all you "but it has teh gear of warzzzz" shut up because xbox360 would not have existed had halo series not sold so well on regular xbox.  This will prove to be worse for gaming that better.escaflowne36

Man I loved the games sony has made big for us, but when u really look at it, with a userbase of 2 million, capcom is doing this for there benefits, and is smart on them, why lose money when u can make more going to 360, and PC aswell. I am sure they have spoken to sony and told them and have made an agreement to let them do this, until the ps3 has a bigger userbase and then they can start talking business, till den look for alot of third party publishers to do this, if sony doesnt start selling PS3's. I am not a fanboy, I own both a ps3 and an xbox 360 but this is just the reality of the gaming business.

Gaming-Module

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gaming-Module
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts
Believe it or not, just because the PS2 has the largest installed base, doesn't actually mean that Sony fanboys outnumber everyone else. Despite the flag you wave, you are a minority in the grand scheme of things and no one caters to you. That's basically what this all boils down to. Apology denied.
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
Someone is just mad that there is one less reason to buy a PS3, and one more reason to buy a Xbox 360, lol. Besides, the PS3 still has enough exclusives to stay afloat, don't worry about it too much.
ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts
You're logic sucks, OP. People do buy systems for their exclusives, but if the game is on other systems, then more people might get them. I would not buy a PS3 for one game. Anyone who buys a system for just one game is well, not too bright. If you have access to the game on another system, and you have more games you want for it, then it's win for the consumer, win for the developer, and only loss for the guy who made the system.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#42 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
The income statement matter most to any company. The only way that Sony can keep a developer is to pay them a premium for producing a game, or just pay them royolity's.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
Explanation for what? For doing what they feel is best for their own company instead of worrying about Sony (which I'm sure doesn't give a **** about them)? If you are worried about exclusives, why don't you take it up with Sony? They have done pleny for Sony with their games on PS1 which they never even had to support yet gave it RE. They helped PS2 all of last gen with DMC, Okami (though it didn't sell well) ect... and even gave Nintendo's exclusive to them. They have also supported the PSP when they could stick to the DS which sells alot better.
-Super-Fly-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Super-Fly-
Member since 2002 • 8641 Posts

the point is that it makes to sense in porting DMC4 to the 360. just like the others stated, people buy consoles for the games. Capcom isnt the only company that needs to explain....Namco Bandai does too sense they are now releasing Ace Combat 6 on the 360. Those were some of the main franchises that made me want to purchase a PS3. It makes no sense at all for them to go multiplatform or even make the new platform an exclusive to them only. what they should of done was make new franchises instead of switching consoles and continuing the old ones on them.

I mean the Air/Ace Combat and Devil May Cry series has been on Sony's platforms from day one on both PS1 and PS2. That's like all of a sudden putting the HALO series on PS3.

djxaquaxblue

All you cows need to do is cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. Maybe you should have bought a 360 instead of the PS3 like the vast majority of Next Gen. gamers have.

fattychubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fattychubs
Member since 2002 • 1079 Posts

This is great for Capcom and even greater for gamers, more people will get to play DMC4.  And more gamers will get to play it the way they want.  I want achievements, Xbox Live, and custom soudtrack option when I play, so the Xbox 360 is a no brainer for me.

grapefruit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 grapefruit21
Member since 2007 • 3537 Posts
such games DMC and NG only sell great in Japan.SuperKnightX
where did you get that from because if it is true they would put it on the Wii
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Wait. Couldn't Sony have paid to make it exlusive?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Wait. Couldn't Sony have paid to make it exlusive?DaysAirlines
not realistic.
-Super-Fly-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Super-Fly-
Member since 2002 • 8641 Posts
Can we please just let this nonsense thread just die?
metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

They'll make more money.

Just not as much money as they hope. But it'll be more.