Can You Honestly Say You Don't Want a PS3 with Trailers Like This

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5157.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3455.html

C'mon you 360 fan boys, none of you can honestly look at these two trailers of these PS3 exclusives of "God of War 3 and Infamous" and not wish you had a PS3.

Those who don't admit it, must not be the hardcore gamers that are supposed to occupy system wars.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
I don't want to pay $400 for a console regardless of how good a trailer looks.
Rodneythepom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rodneythepom
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
I've learned through time, never trust trailers. They lie!
Avatar image for foreverflame890
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 foreverflame890
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts
I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

I've learned through time, never trust trailers. They lie!Rodneythepom

You'd think after Lair and Haze, they would learn..............oh well............I'm out, enjoy the Holiday if you celebrate it, if not Happy Thursday!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Nope. Already have one.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Well GOW3 has me psyched but Infamous just doesn't do it for me. Wow I get to be an Electro/Jedi. Wiiii! Since I already have a PS3, I'm good.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Can you telll me why I would want to pay 400 dollars for a console based on 2 trailers of games that I have a) essentially played on the ps2 and b) don't interest me. The answers pretty simple, can you figure it out???

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Just like Lair right? I remember how much the cows hyped that game, especially about the gfx.
Rodneythepom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rodneythepom
Just like Lair right? I remember how much the cows hyped that game, especially about the gfx. Tulak_Hord
I remember two years ago hearing all the hype about Lair. Then it released and I laughed. I laughed hard.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Just like Lair right? I remember how much the cows hyped that game, especially about the gfx. Tulak_Hord
Thank god for Lair. Without it, how would we remember not to judge a game based on trailers? Let's all take a moment to thank Factor 5...oh wait.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
I only watched the god of war one, but aside from the established quality of the god of war name, there wasn't anything awe inspiring about it.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
Something tells me I shouldn't make a decision on what console to purchase based on trailers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Yeah, don't you 360 fanboys want to get a PS3 for two games you can't even play yet? :?
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .foreverflame890
haha thats pathetic, the whole ps3 has not games insult died down early this year, your a bit behind.
AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts

[QUOTE="foreverflame890"]I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .Sully28
haha thats pathetic, the whole ps3 has not games insult died down early this year, your a bit behind.

Yet it's brought back to light after Sony's joke of a holiday lineup and the fact cows have nothing better to do then to pine over trailers...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm not paying that much money for one game (GOWIII).
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
People are a little leery about Sony's PS3 trailers after E3 2005...
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

[QUOTE="Rodneythepom"]I've learned through time, never trust trailers. They lie!bez2083

You'd think after Lair and Haze, they would learn..............oh well............I'm out, enjoy the Holiday if you celebrate it, if not Happy Thursday!!

well KZ2 rectified that problem a little
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ermacness

[QUOTE="Sully28"][QUOTE="foreverflame890"]I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .AlphaGamer469

Yet it's brought back to light after Sony's joke of a holiday lineup and the fact cows have nothing better to do then to pine over trailers...

so what does this say about the 360's?
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
Those don't look like my kind of games, sorry.
tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 tmacscores91
Member since 2008 • 1526 Posts
I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .foreverflame890
He's trying to be funny guys. he's watching netflix movies instead...don't tell him we have a little game called Metal Gear Solid 4....might scare him
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ermacness
People are a little leery about Sony's PS3 trailers after E3 2005...67gt500
yet, that same game owns any exclusive out or coming in the next 6 months on the 360 in visuals
Rodneythepom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rodneythepom
[QUOTE="foreverflame890"]I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .tmacscores91
He's trying to be funny guys. he's watching netflix movies instead...don't tell him we have a little game called Metal Gear Solid 4....might scare him

So you're watching movies too? I keed I keed
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness
[QUOTE="foreverflame890"]I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .tmacscores91

that's been winning awards left and right??!?!?! i won't tell:P
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zweihand

Wait... they made a game based on MGS4 already? ..is it any good? Games based on movies are usually pretty bad...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ermacness

[QUOTE="tmacscores91"][QUOTE="foreverflame890"]I wanna play games not watch trailers like you PS3 gamers do .Zweihand

Wait... they made a game based on MGS4 already? ..is it any good? Games based on movies are usually pretty bad...

i don't know. It's been winning a hand full of awards from gs so far
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zweihand

i don't know. It's been winning a hand full of awards from gs so farermacness
Holy crap. This is like the first time I've seen a movie-based game be nominated for an award since Super Return of the Jedi in a Nintendo Power magazine contest.

I wonder if it covers all the events of the movie...? Honestly I found the movie pretty boring, it was (literally) 20+ hours long... lots of dry dialogue, and the ending nearly put me to sleep. Hopefully the game is based on the movie's better portions, like the hour or two that Solid Snake spends sneaking around when people aren't talking. A pure stealth-based game without all of the movie's half-baked storytelling? I think that sounds like a winning formula. :)

foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foreverflame890
[QUOTE="Zweihand"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]i don't know. It's been winning a hand full of awards from gs so farermacness

Holy crap. This is like the first time I've seen a movie-based game be nominated for an award since Super Return of the Jedi in a Nintendo Power magazine contest.

I wonder if it covers all the events of the movie...? Honestly I found the movie pretty boring, it was (literally) 20+ hours long... lots of dry dialogue, and the ending nearly put me to sleep. Hopefully the game is based on the movie's better portions, like the hour or two that Solid Snake spends sneaking around when people aren't talking. A pure stealth-based game without all of the movie's half-baked storytelling? I think that sounds like a winning formula. :)

that's okay. At least you 360 only owners have Splinter Cell. Oh wait!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey at least splinter cell has gameplay:)

Avatar image for CheckingAvailab
CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CheckingAvailab
Member since 2008 • 393 Posts

[QUOTE="Rodneythepom"]I've learned through time, never trust trailers. They lie!bez2083

You'd think after Lair and Haze, they would learn

lol, nice ownage

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Zweihand"]Holy crap. This is like the first time I've seen a movie-based game be nominated for an award since Super Return of the Jedi in a Nintendo Power magazine contest.

foreverflame890

that's okay. At least you 360 only owners have Splinter Cell. Oh wait!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey at least splinter cell has gameplay:)

and so does MGS4. MGS4 just displays it better
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 foreverflame890

[QUOTE="67gt500"]People are a little leery about Sony's PS3 trailers after E3 2005...ermacness
yet, that same game owns any exclusive out or coming in the next 6 months on the 360 in visuals

Yeah like Eight days,The getaway and Wardevil:roll:

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ermacness

[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="67gt500"]People are a little leery about Sony's PS3 trailers after E3 2005...foreverflame890

Yeah like Eight days,The getaway and Wardevil:roll:

i was talking about KZ2
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ermacness
:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Wifi, blu-ray, HDMI 1.3, and a much more reliable rate all wanna talk to you
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zweihand
[QUOTE="Zweihand"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]i don't know. It's been winning a hand full of awards from gs so farermacness

Wow, just because I don't like MGS4, I must be a 360 owner? News flash, I don't own either system. :/ Though I do own a few games for each, which I play at friends' houses; I just don't see the 360 or PS3 as being worth $300 yet. Maybe in a few years when they each have a less-bleak library. I didn't enjoy the Halo or Gears games either, for the record.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Zweihand"]Holy crap. This is like the first time I've seen a movie-based game be nominated for an award since Super Return of the Jedi in a Nintendo Power magazine contest.

Zweihand

Wow, just because I don't like MGS4, I must be a 360 owner? News flash, I don't own either system. :/ Though I do own a few games for each, which I play at friends' houses; I just don't see the 360 or PS3 as being worth $300 yet. Maybe in a few years when they each have a less-bleak library. I didn't enjoy the Halo or Gears games either, for the record.

no not really. I just thought that you was a lem because of your bashing towards MGS4. Not everyone likes the game and that's fair, but calling it a dull movie and bashing it without stating IMHO (In My Honest Opinion) comes off as flaming
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??ermacness

I have a wii for wifi free MP, Component cablels do just fine with my 360 and my wii has never broken down. So why else would I want an inferior console like the ps3 with 2 wothwhile games on it ?
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??Gh0st_Of_0nyx

I have a wii for wifi free MP, Component cablels do just fine with my 360 and my wii has never broken down. So why else would I want an inferior console like the ps3 with 2 wothwhile games on it ?

i have a ps3 and play that thing WAY more than my wii and just as much as my 360. You compare the ps3 Wifi to the wii's??!?!?!? the ps3 best the wii on all fonts in hardware and most (if not all as well) fonts in hardware against the 360. We are not in the same boat as far as breakdowns go. I had to replace my 360 twice before buying a totally new one. My wii had to be replaced once because of the stupid lens not reading SSBB in which is one of very few good games the wii had to offer in comparison to the ps3 this year. My ps3 is the only system that haven't had to be replaced as of yet, but offer the most out of the box LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="ermacness"]Wifi, blu-ray, HDMI 1.3, and a much more reliable rate all wanna talk to you ermacness

i have a ps3 and play that thing WAY more than my wii and just as much as my 360. You compare the ps3 Wifi to the wii's??!?!?!? the ps3 best the wii on all fonts in hardware and most (if not all as well) fonts in hardware against the 360. We are not in the same boat as far as breakdowns go. I had to replace my 360 twice before buying a totally new one. My wii had to be replaced once because of the stupid lens not reading SSBB in which is one of very few good games the wii had to offer in comparison to the ps3 this year. My ps3 is the only system that haven't had to be replaced as of yet, but offer the most out of the box LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure

I dont belive you even have a 360 or wii go figure :wink:
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

If you really look at the God of War 3 footage from the trailer most of it is ingame where someone is playing. When he is getting attacked by the guy on the horse (think it was a horse...) and he runs up the wall, that's all someone playing. Most if it is ingame.

As for Infamous. It looks incredible. Many gameplay videos of it already. Keeps looking better and better. Definitely be picking up Infamous and Prototype next year.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

Zweihand

so let me get this straight. You would judge a game you have never played b4? Do you honestly have the right to judge MGS4 if you don't even own the system. lol epic fail.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 eklineage
:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??Gh0st_Of_0nyx
lol arguing that a 360 has better hardware than ps3... lol ur funny. Too much brainwashing I assume or you just can't afford one.
Avatar image for abd_alazeez2002
abd_alazeez2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 abd_alazeez2002
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
i am in my way to own a PS3 i asked myself why not x360 if its games were great but when visit ing my friend to play x360 i shocked that he own 3 consoles 2 are dead and one still alive moreover M$ blocked his account for unknown reasons
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??eklineage
lol arguing that a 360 has better hardware than ps3... lol ur funny. Too much brainwashing I assume or you just can't afford one.

I dont see these so called "superior" ps3 games at all seems like all the brainwashing is done by sony on ps3 ownes into tricking them into buy a system that was hyped to be the graphics king of graphics kings. But with inferior Multiplats like Fallout 3 and Buggy Orange Box it seems this "superior" console was just ony hype train gone amuck :lol:
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

i am in my way to own a PS3 i asked myself why not x360 if its games were great but when visit ing my friend to play x360 i shocked that he own 3 consoles 2 are dead and one still alive moreover M$ blocked his account for unknown reasonsabd_alazeez2002

He didn't think to send in the consoles and get a replacement? :| I'd say the fault lies with your friend. You have that 3 year warranty from the time that you purchase the 360. Send it in if you get a RROD (which is all the happens really) and you get a free replacement.

MS only blocks accounts that have modded consoles. They scan 360 HDD's once every few months or so an find who has modded 360's. Since you need to mod you console to cheat online, they ban those IP's and XBL accounts. It's quite simple really, don't cheat. If he hasn't cheated then he needs to talk to MS.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 eklineage
[QUOTE="eklineage"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]:lol: I have a 360 hy would I need that inferior piece of hardware ??Gh0st_Of_0nyx

I dont see these so called "superior" ps3 games at all seems like all the brainwashing is done by sony on ps3 ownes into tricking them into buy a system that was hyped to be the graphics king of graphics kings. But with inferior Multiplats like Fallout 3 and Buggy Orange Box it seems this "superior" console was just ony hype train gone amuck :lol:

stop trying to change the subject. You were talking about hardware. You know it and I know it. Ps3 is much better in terms of hardware. Lol @ u.
Avatar image for abd_alazeez2002
abd_alazeez2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 abd_alazeez2002
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

[QUOTE="abd_alazeez2002"]i am in my way to own a PS3 i asked myself why not x360 if its games were great but when visit ing my friend to play x360 i shocked that he own 3 consoles 2 are dead and one still alive moreover M$ blocked his account for unknown reasonsPuckhog04

He didn't think to send in the consoles and get a replacement? :| I'd say the fault lies with your friend. You have that 3 year warranty from the time that you purchase the 360. Send it in if you get a RROD (which is all the happens really) and you get a free replacement.

MS only blocks accounts that have modded consoles. They scan 360 HDD's once every few months or so an find who has modded 360's. Since you need to mod you console to cheat online, they ban those IP's and XBL accounts. It's quite simple really, don't cheat. If he hasn't cheated then he needs to talk to MS.

about block account you are right but about my story is true WHY I live in middle east only NTSC x360 have warranty and PAL x360 don't have warranty and most of the games that are sold in ME is only in PAL so he bought PAL x360 to PLAY he should say thanx to M$ for the region lock games also
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Yes, as a matter of fact, I can. You fail