Can Xbone compete with PS4 as a gaming console only?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

An Xbone without kinect is inevitable. But would that do the trick for MS?

I highly doubt that for couple of reasons:

1- X1 hardware and software were designed to be all in one machine, the gaming component was compromised from the very beginning which means it will remain compromised till the end.

2- MS doesn't have the necessary software support, we are 6 months into the current gen. and the PS4 has almost double the amount of games. Indies and remastered games aren't necessary superb addition but, they are games that can be experienced by new players.

We all know MS has no chance here, and the last couple of years of the X360 cycle is a testament to that.

3- The PS4 has already generated a decent lead. Sony should seriously **** up to allow the X1 to catch up.

4- Multiplatforms are superior on the PS4, and the Xlive isn't a clear leader now in online play to secure a purchase, which means neither single player, nor mulitplayer are superior on the X1.

Funny thing is, kinect is a hindrance, yet X1 isn't anything special without it.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

This is a brilliant topic and will be a fun read. lol

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Dont be so stupid, its already competing. It might not outsell it, but by the very fact its on sale as an electronic gaming device for your television ...its competition. As is the Wii.

If your going to kiss Sony ass at least make your question something we can discuss. The Xbox brand is going nowhere and the consoles fanbase will only grow from here.

As for software its entirely subjective and despite Sony having "more" games I consider them to be inferior to the offering on the X1. Its to early in the generation to use software support as a positive or negative factor for either console.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Compete? Of course it can. It's in the same kind of position the PS3 was in for a lot of people last gen, it's too expensive and there aren't enough games right now (although I disagree about the PS4 having way more games, statistically it might but that doesn't mean much if most of them are indie games) but in the future once it has a bunch of big games and has lowered in price it'll be worth a pick up.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Sure it can. With MS focusing so much on Kinect(lol), there are plenty of causal gamers who might be interested in the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This is like saying could the Sega Genesis compete with the Super Nintendo. One is obviously more powerful but they are both great machines.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Sure it can. With MS focusing so much on Kinect(lol), there are plenty of causal gamers who might be interested in the console.

microsoft dropping the core gamers for that wii pot of gold.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Say that to my ps4 and X1..My ps4 sits there and looks pretty while collecting dust.. My X1 gets used almost everyday..

It's all about the games and for me personally the ones I want are on the xbox.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Xbox is competing with PS4 at the moment, but I do not think that MS will drop kinect they have already come out and said kinect is the future and have no plans to drop it as of yet, I think MS will probably drop it after 2 years and a price cut could help the one as well. Other than that Sony is ahead of them and I feel more blunders are in place for MS as they keep talking about tech and direct x and the cloud, until you can put those elements in games just stfu and release games, that prove it we do no need more tech demos.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Yup, can be traced back to 2009 where MS went upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol).

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 always_explicit

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Its too simplistic to bracket people into casual/core gamers. I have clocked thousands of hours of gaming from Quake to Skyrim, The Sims to TLOU, but playing kinect sports rivals with my family somehow make the X1 and kinect the pursuit of a casual gamer???

Get out of here.

Come back with some logic.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Its too simplistic to bracket people into casual/core gamers. I have clocked thousands of hours of gaming from Quake to Skyrim, The Sims to TLOU, but playing kinect sports rivals with my family somehow make the X1 and kinect the pursuit of a casual gamer???

Get out of here.

Not our fault that MS dropped core in 2009.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

Love isn't logical. That's what is in the way, when talking to a fanboy. Being in Love with a corporation. Makes no sense, but I merely report my findings

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By always_explicit

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

So have me moved on from your flawed what makes a casual/core gamer logic and on to a separate topic?

I dont know if you read it but the topic title is about whether the X1 can compete with the PS4. The answer of which is obviously yes....its also too early to use software as a positive or negative for either console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Heil68

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

So have me moved on from your flawed what makes a casual/core gamer logic and on to a separate topic?

I dont know if you read it but the topic title is about whether the X1 can compete with the PS4. The answer of which is obviously yes....its also too early to use software as a positive or negative for either console.

I'm just glad I own both consoles and not left in dire straights with MS's past.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 always_explicit

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

I'm just glad I own both consoles and not left in dire straights with MS's past.

I want to own a PS4. I am just waiting for the PS4 to give me a reason. Infamous and killzone are not it.

All I wanted was a CrashBandi or a Spyro. One of the games that created the playstation brand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Sure it can even the wii u is competing,and if Nintendo hasn't gone yet i don't MS will,but wining is a different thing in a race thousands of people can compete just 1 win.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 misterpmedia

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

I want to own a PS4. I am just waiting for the PS4 to give me a reason. Infamous and killzone are not it.

All I wanted was a CrashBandi or a Spyro. One of the games that created the playstation brand.

No offence... but wanting those specific games for a hardware drop is a tad unrealistic...I feel that at least a part of you knows that lol. You'll be waiting around a while I suspect, maybe until next gen lol.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

logic fail, because you played a lot of other games somehow means microsoft focusing more in kinect games is not focusing in casual games?

It's official lems here are ignorant and/or dumb.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

As far as performance and sales goes we all know the answers already. Lets say XB1 put up a better fight compare to WII-U against PS4 for sure

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Not only can it compete, it currently is competing. If you have an interest in games, the best option is to have both consoles, and as the generation moves forward I predict a lot of people who currently bemoan the Xbox One will pick one up to play its exclusives eventually. That thing won't cost $500 forever.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 always_explicit

@Krelian-co said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

logic fail, because you played a lot of other games somehow means microsoft focusing more in kinect games is not focusing in casual games?

It's official lems here are ignorant and/or dumb.

WHAT???

My point is the enjoyment of kinect and kinect games does not make the X1 a console for casuals. Its also possible to be a core gamer and enjoy a variety of games AND kinect titles... the two are not mutually exclusive. There have been very few kinect games released for the X1 thus far so really this casual/core/kinect/X1 debate does not belong in this thread. Nor does your point about MS dropping core gamers carry any weight, as I have said previously it is too early in the formulate a lasting opinion on either MS or SONY for their software this gen.

Before you criticize my intelligence I suggest you re-read your post and develop some sentence structure so people can actually decipher WTF your point actually is. Calling someone ignorant immediately after crafting a ridiculous nonsensical sentence is "ignorant and/or dumb".

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If it gets some good games

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By always_explicit

@misterpmedia said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

No offence... but wanting those specific games for a hardware drop is a tad unrealistic...I feel that at least a part of you knows that lol. You'll be waiting around a while I suspect, maybe until next gen lol.

It may well be unrealistic, but it shouldnt be.

My issue with my PS3 last gen was I felt I was spending a lot of time waiting for Naughty dog to release a title so I had an excuse to play it. I grew tired of waiting for exclusives. It made me reminisce about the PS1/2.

What happened to all of those class PS titles that made the PS brand what it is today. Sure there are moments of brilliance but largely the games that attracted me to the Playstation are largely missing or multiplat.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

I don't see why not, long as Microsoft change their priorities to gaming (which they say they have but has yet to been seen)

Avatar image for khaloudakabooba
khaloudakabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 khaloudakabooba
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I had the ps4 and I returned it to get the one, simply because I wasnt using my ps4 AT ALL... There are just no games to play (good games). At least on the one I can play Titanfall... If Titanfall was on the ps4, I probably would have kept the 4, but for now its just a powerful console with nothing to play on it.

I also find it kind of weird that only ps4 fans make these comparisons threads because they feel insecure. I think there are many people that read and rarely post, and you arent helping us change our mind about the ps4s lack of games. All you talk about is sales, as if sales were a game you could enjoy. Why would you care? I just dont get the point.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Of course they can. Most 3rd party games will be available for both platforms, MS has a solid stable of popular exclusive franchises, the financial wherewithal to secure more exclusive content, and - finally - a division head that seems more interested in actual games than TV TV TV! Sports Sports Sports!

A Kinect-less XBone May or may not be in the cards, but I think they'd do better getting rid of the TV integration. It's not well understood by potential customers, not highly utilized by the average early adopter, costs money in added tech and adds a lot of needless complexity in getting the system out in the many different markets. It's something they could drop to help swallow a price drop without caving on their public commitment to Kinect.

N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

To be on topic with your post, No. The Xbox One will not compete solely as a gaming console. However, you are very misled and/or biased towards a Sony side of the spectrum. Being an owner of both Sony and Microsoft products, I don't favor either more than the other. Yes, you are correct that the X1 is designed as an all-in-one entertainment system, so yes the gaming experience will be inferior to that of the PS4. This isn't news.. Haha, it's been out since way before the consoles released. The second part of your "rant," or whatever you consider this, you said it yourself. The Next-Gen consoles have been out for 6 months... There haven't been a very significant amount of releases from either company. That will pick up this summer and this fall, and both will be cranking out games. As far as amount of titles, I would rather start with having very few titles at the start, and have quality titles released a little further down the road (i.e. Watch Dogs) instead of developers pumping out crap like they have been.

The PS4 has a significant lead, and for good reasons. Better marketing, better customer service, and a higher quality "gaming" console. But some people, the X1 is just not for them. I don't expect X1 sales to ever pass those of the PS4. The one thing this past summer that I found to be childish and absolutely disgusting was the way the heads of both Sony and Microsoft carried on like little kids. It seems like Video Game Business has met Politics. This is not a good thing for anyone. If anything the only people it becomes a problem for are the consumers. Pointless negative remarks, false rumors, etc. It's absolutely pathetic and it makes me question the professionalism of both Microsoft and Sony.

As for the next point, about there being no clear leader in multiplayer? I'm really not sure what kind of stuff you read or watch on YouTube, but you are unfortunately very wrong, haha. There is no doubt that the improvement from PSN on the PS3 to PS4 is much much much greater than the improvement from XBL on the X360 to the X1. If anything, Xbox Live got a little bit worse on the Xbox 1, solely in terms of accessibility of friends, party, joining games, etc. it's not as smooth as the 360, but that's not an Xbox Live issue. However, the servers, and employees for Xbox Live greatly surpass those of Sony's PSN. PSN does have a much greater Marketplace on PS4 than the XB1 Marketplace. Microsoft just didn't make some of the accessibility in the right way, it's pretty lousy to learn to navigate compared to the PS4. But in terms of multiplayer, my personal experience has been much better on the XB1 than it has on PSN. There have been a couple major server issues since the launch with Xbox Live server crashes, but the overall online gameplay is far superior on XB1 still, and probably will continue to be. Microsoft simply has more experience with networking and online than does Sony. I don't believe that this is a make or break point in choosing which console to by.

If you're going for Gaming in terms of quality of graphics, frame rate, performance, etc. The PS4 is for you.

If you're going for a console that takes the place of your cable box, video game console, blu ray player, and a smart TV, then the XB1 is for you.

It's no more difficult than that. And if you're comparing the PS Eye to the XB Kinect. There's simply no comparison. The Kinect is fantastic for voice and movement recognition, and the Eye doesn't hardly compete. I don't understand how the Kinect is such a huge part of a debate between consoles. It's just people looking for something to rant about.

I figured after 6 months of new consoles being out, we would be done with Fan Boy rants, but I suppose I was wrong.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@2mrw said:

1- X1 hardware and software were designed to be all in one machine, the gaming component was compromised from the very beginning which means it will remain compromised till the end.

2- MS doesn't have the necessary software support, we are 6 months into the current gen. and the PS4 has almost double the amount of games. Indies and remastered games aren't necessary superb addition but, they are games that can be experienced by new players.

We all know MS has no chance here, and the last couple of years of the X360 cycle is a testament to that.

3- The PS4 has already generated a decent lead. Sony should seriously **** up to allow the X1 to catch up.

4- Multiplatforms are superior on the PS4, and the Xlive isn't a clear leader now in online play to secure a purchase, which means neither single player, nor mulitplayer are superior on the X1.

Funny thing is, kinect is a hindrance, yet X1 isn't anything special without it.

A Kinect-less One isn't inevitable, but a price drop is, definitely.

1. The One will have DX12, Cloud support, and the SDK's are maturing. Graphics wise there will always be a gap between it and the PS4, but things like resolution will slowly begin to disappear as an issue. Graphically though even in trailing the PS4, the One will have some amazing looking games and experiences.

2. Your point here is a complete and utter joke. MS Indie program has nearly 100 devs and a ton of games will start flooding in soon, and from there only the One/PS4 will likely share 95% of all indie games. Third party wise the one will have every major multiplat as well, and money hat a few to become exclusives. Quantum Break, Gears of War 4, Halo 2 Anniversary, D4, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct Season 2, Forza Horizon, and Halo 5 are a killer exclusive line-up and we already know there are unannounced titles coming as well. Titanfall will be pushed year-round as well. This is a very weak argument you made on this point.

3. The 360 enjoyed an entire year all to itself and the PS3 sold like shit for 3 full years. Its been 5 months and you feel the PS4 can't be caught? Price and games sell consoles and the vast majority of the 80+ million that bought both the 360 and PS3 care more about those two issues more than system wars. The One has sold 4 million systems in 5 months and will launch in a ton more territories this September with the likely price drop at E3. I honestly don't know who will win this gen, but to say its a wrap after 5 months reeks of a lack of understanding the history of consoles sales wars of the past. MS has to hit the right price, with the right games, and it will do just fine all gen long. Its a marathon, not a sprint and the 280 billion dollar gorilla isn't about to do nothing to change its fortunes. Again, I'm not saying the One will surpass the PS4. But this battle will become much closer as time passes IMHO.

4. PS+ monthly game rentals are superior to Games with Gold. Online wise though Live is still better than PSN. OS wise the One just does so many more things than the PS4. As much as you want to discuss the systems as a game console only, you can't discuss the One that way. NFL APP, Xbox Fitness, OneGuide, Skype, Twitch Broadcasting, quick-switching, Upload Studio, Voice commands for the entire OS, Snap. These features for me are what separates the One from the PS4. Now thats a personal opinion, mind you. But its one that I think, feature wise, you gloss over. In resents months the One's OS is being constantly updated, and Kinect-centric apps are being improved greatly. There are things the One can do the PS4 can't, and vice versa performance wise.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 misterpmedia

@always_explicit said:

@misterpmedia said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Heil68 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Get out of here.

It may well be unrealistic, but it shouldnt be.

My issue with my PS3 last gen was I felt I was spending a lot of time waiting for Naughty dog to release a title so I had an excuse to play it. I grew tired of waiting for exclusives. It made me reminisce about the PS1/2.

What happened to all of those class PS titles that made the PS brand what it is today. Sure there are moments of brilliance but largely the games that attracted me to the Playstation are largely missing or multiplat.

Probably because they're no longer financially viable from a business point of view, when was the last crash and spyro made...think how vidja games have progressed since then. Things change and certain things get out grown, what's the point of Sony making a new crash if they know it would only please a niche diehard Sony fanbase?

And wow, you only played the PS3 for naughty dog games? Waiting for exclusives? wat. I guess I'm glad I have a much broader taste than you. Opinions and all that I suppose.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The X1 is competing yes, but losing. It seems that the U.S. is about split 50/50 while the rest of the world favors PS4 much more. Last gen the U.S. favored the 360 2-1. This is a big turnaround in sales.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

Dead Rising 3 is a casual game?

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Well I think the One is trying to compete not only with the PS4 but also with Apple Tv products and now with the Amazon machine. The PS4 is more focused on games. When a machine focuses on too much stuff it usually fails, since they do a little bit of everything pretty well but they don't excel at anything. Microsoft is known to do that, is Windows 8 a desktop or a tablet OS? it seems to be for both but it ends up being for neither in my view. The PS4 definitely has an advantage on the gaming area.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

For sure. We can disagree about their tactics and priorities, but MSFT is still a healthy competitor.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I think it can. Games are the main factor and so far I would be much happier spending €500 on an X1 than spending €400 on a PS4 due to having more games I want to play on it (in my opinion of course).

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

No, it can not of course. Xbone is overpriced trash that caters to casuals and the weak minded.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I can compete, sure. It's just not going to win, for the reasons you listed.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5989 Posts

@2mrw said:

1 - Who says a console has to do just games, Microsoft is big enough for it to handle all the areas. Its listening to fans and updating the console at a super fast pace. They have the ability and money to make the Xbox One great in all areas. It might be slightly behind in resolution (900p to 1080p) but it aint out of the race yet.

2 - Are you have a laugh, Microsoft does software its been their bread and butter for ages. Funny how fanboys claim ps4 has more games, this will change once Windows 8 apps are released on Xbox One. It will have thousands of more games than PS4. Its not about quantity its about quality. Xbox One haver released really good games and they will only get better. They learnt their lesson and will keep the games coming.

Multiplatforms are superior on PC does that mean the PS4 is in trouble. No people want a lot more than slightly better multiplats. Xbox Live is still far superior and hasn't flexed its muscles yet.

Xbox One aint going anywhere and the fanboy arguments will be the same as it was last gen.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

1 - Who says a console has to do just games, Microsoft is big enough for it to handle all the areas. Its listening to fans and updating the console at a super fast pace. They have the ability and money to make the Xbox One great in all areas. It might be slightly behind in resolution (900p to 1080p) but it aint out of the race yet.

2 - Are you have a laugh, Microsoft does software its been their bread and butter for ages. Funny how fanboys claim ps4 has more games, this will change once Windows 8 apps are released on Xbox One. It will have thousands of more games than PS4. Its not about quantity its about quality. Xbox One haver released really good games and they will only get better. They learnt their lesson and will keep the games coming.

Multiplatforms are superior on PC does that mean the PS4 is in trouble. No people want a lot more than slightly better multiplats. Xbox Live is still far superior and hasn't flexed its muscles yet.

Xbox One aint going anywhere and the fanboy arguments will be the same as it was last gen.

1- All X1 unique features are built around kinect. But so far kinect hasn't proven if it's worthy of all the trouble. kinectless Xbone is coming as the focus on games increases and staying competitive becomes a priority.

2- It's safe to assume that high end PCs are out of range for most of the consumers, so stop hiding behind this arguement. It has always been quality over quantity, but MS is lagging behind in both.

Finally, i haven't claimed that the X1 will disappear, but i think X1 has lost any chance of leadership this generation.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I maintain the view that both consoles' sales numbers will be pretty close by the end of the generation.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#44 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

unless it drops the Kinect and does some serious first party games, then i don't see it competing with the X1

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Can it compete, yes. 85% of the libraries will be the same games. People here act as if the pop culture consumer are going to gaming forums and arguing tflops. It WILL NOT out sell the PS4. Capitalized for lens who live in fantasy land. That doesn't mean it can't be profitable or compete. Business is not an all or nothing venture, otherwise every industry would have one company by now

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@2mrw: Sony showed last generation that they can completely turn around a console perceived as an overpriced dud with no games. There were very few noteworthy releases the first few years of the ps3, and it's hard to argue that the system didn't come back with an outlandish amount of high quality titles in the second half of its run.

Graphics, media features, and what have you won't play a factor in the console being a success. Microsoft releasing a steady stream of high quality titles will determine its success.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Yes it could. The original Xbox was more powerful over PS2 by a good amount. So the power of a console really doesn't matter, the only thing that matters are the games. If there are great games for it, people will buy it and enjoy the console.

But at the same time I feel like fanboys get crazier every year so maybe they still wouldn't buy it...

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tormentos: No, for fanboys just one wins, no one else on the planet gives a shit what consoles sells the most. Sony, MS, and Nintendo only care about making money and profits, and getting their console out there, and they have a set amount in their minds as whats successful to them.

X1 offers plenty in the gaming department. Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Forza, and eventually Gears, Halo. Plus all the multiplats, and COD dlc first. Plus tons of other great features!

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#49 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Only a cow would say it can't.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

No, they do not have a strong enough first party for that.