Can Wii run it? Part 2. (56k warning)

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Most likely it can considering NGB is just closed corridors 75% of the time.

I can't comment on Conker because I haven't played it.

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts

the poll is close....anyone have any ideas for what i can use for later episodes?(as i like to call them. lol)

I wanna put those SMG pics to shame.

punkrocker163

chaos theory for xbox.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

*lots and lots and lots of Mario Galaxy screenshots*

Fawlcon_Pawnch

There's absolutely no reason to post so many screenshots. It's disruptive.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

*lots and lots and lots of Mario Galaxy screenshots*

Teufelhuhn

There's absolutely no reason to post so many screenshots. It's disruptive.

Deleted a bunch of them

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I don't care if the Wii can run Ninja Gaiden Black or not, the sad truth is the average Wii barely look like PS2 games so why bother if so few devs tries to push the hardware to xbox quality. Games like Rouge Squadron on the GC looks amazing compared to most of the best Wii games, that's the sad truth.

This is a Gamecube game and it still looks better then 98% of all Wii games.

I would like anyone to find me a PS2 game that looks better then 98% of all PS3 games or an xbox game looking better then 98% of all 360 games.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i say yes, keep these coming ij like these. i say yes because its more powerful then the gamecube but les powerful then current gen games.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9165 Posts

I would like anyone to find me a PS2 game that looks better then 98% of all PS3 games or an xbox game looking better then 98% of all 360 games.

JLF1

pretty sad for a console where graphics were the focus.... oh, wait :|

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fawlcon_Pawnch

I don't care if the Wii can run Ninja Gaiden Black or not, the sad truth is the average Wii barely look like PS2 games so why bother if so few devs tries to push the hardware to xbox quality. Games like Rouge Squadron on the GC looks amazing compared to most of the best Wii games, that's the sad truth.

This is a Gamecube game and it still looks better then 98% of all Wii games.JLF1

Its Factor 5, they know how to push the system like no one else . And they are making a new Wii game, rumors say its Kid Icarus

JLF1

You can't be serious.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"]

ogvampire

So Wii owners shouldn't even except Gamecube graphics from it's sequel?

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
[QUOTE="punkrocker163"]

the poll is close....anyone have any ideas for what i can use for later episodes?(as i like to call them. lol)

I wanna put those SMG pics to shame.

Lemmywinks_360

chaos theory for xbox.

Thank you sir, this may be part tri or four.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

Wii is 1.5x more powerful than GC.

the graphics are better on the Wii than GC, but there are some GC games where the techniques they used made it look better than Wii games.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

- Galaxy looks better than Sunshine

- Brawl looks better than Melee

- Metroid Prime 3 looks better than Echoes

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

You can't be serious.

Yes I am, if the Wii is so powerful as most of the Wii fanboys claim then why are gamecube games putting the majority of the Wii games to shame? This isn't the case with the PS3 or xbox nether the PS2 or Gamecube so why should we accept this? We now because of games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 that the Wii is capable of so much more so why settle for less?
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

- Galaxy looks better than Sunshine

- Brawl looks better than Melee

- Metroid Prime 3 looks better than Echoes

Did I say that the Wii is less powerful then the GC? No I didn't but that doesn't take away the fact that there is GC games that looks much better then the majority of the Wii games.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ogvampire
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

You can't be serious.

Yes I am, if the Wii is so powerful as most of the Wii fanboys claim then why are gamecube games putting the majority of the Wii games to shame? This isn't the case with the PS3 or xbox nether the PS2 or Gamecube so why should we accept this? We now because of games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 that the Wii is capable of so much more so why settle for less?

i can see that youre having trouble comprehending that Nintendo focused on motion-sensing instead of graphics for the Wii

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JLF1

the graphics are better on the Wii than GC, but there are some GC games where the techniques they used made it look better than Wii games.

ogvampire

I never questioned that the Wiis power that Nintendo claims it has but that won't take away the fact that GC games are still almost 2 years after the Wii is released putting the majority of the Wii games to shame.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

JLF1

I never questioned that the Wiis power that Nintendo claims it has but that won't take away the fact that GC games are still almost 2 years after the Wii is released putting the majority of the Wii games to shame.

why are you asking random forum users instead of the developers?

some developers take advantage of the hardware while others dont.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

ogvampire

You can't be serious.

i can see that youre having trouble comprehending that Nintendo focused on motion-sensing instead of graphics for the Wii

Are you calling me an idiot?

Don't do that please you will only look foolish.

So are you saying that because Nintendo focused on motion-sensing instead of HD it is an acceptable excuse that Wii games are barely looking like GC games?

No one is asking for HD graphics on the Wii but Gamecube graphics should be the lowest limit especially when most Wii fanboys claims the Wii is SO powerful. What are you going to do with that tech if no one is going to use it?

I'm not blaming Nintendo but the third party developers.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#69 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

JLF1

......Oh what the hell I'll just come out and say it. How is any of this relevant to how Ninja Gaiden Black would run on the Wii?
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

JLF1

Thats the fault of how most third parties where treating the console NOT nintendo.

So far Nintendo's games show improved graphics (very big improvements in some cases) when compared to their GC entries.

As for the third parties, they are starting to put alot more effort and resources on the Wii.

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 punkrocker163
I swear all i asked if the wii can run Ninja Gaiden Black. I didnt need a war comparing systems, and other things. Dont ruin the topic.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

why are you asking random forum users instead of the developers?

some developers take advantage of the hardware while others dont.

That was my point with my first post in this thread. It's not a question "if" the Wii is capable of Ninja Gaiden Black that is the problem, we already know it can because of games like Galaxy and Metroid prime 3. The question is why bother if devs aren't taking advantage of Wiis power.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

people who vote that the Wii can't run Ninja Gaiden Black hardware-wise don't understand simple mathematics

also the Wii's powerPC processor has been known to have a slightly deceiving clock rate than just 729mhz. similar to apple computers.

the Wii has Xbox-par looking games like Zack & Wiki, Sonic and the Secret Rings, SSX Blur, Medal of Honor Heroes 2

It also has better than Xbox looking games like the GAMECUBE port Resident Evil 4.

So if Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube is better looking than any Xbox game, running at 485mhz tops on the Cube

how do you think the wii can't do better than Xbox games?

one reason people are deceived is Wii games aren't in HD. some Xbox games were.

also, the GameCube (as proven by Factor 5 with two Rogue Squadron games, Resident Evil 0, 1, 4, Metroid Prime) can do everything the Xbox could do, if only to sacrifice very, very little.

look here for this interview

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/09/wii-is-more-powerful-than-xbox-gamecube.html

also, you're MGS3 running on wii thread is a joke sir. these threads are simply encouraging trolling and furthermore promote a general lack of mathematic knowledge.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, The Conduit, Super Smash Bros Brawl, already look much better than Xbox games

honestly, stop making these threads. and if you don't i please ask the moderators to stop sitting idly by watching people troll each other and lock these threads immediately.

there is a point of debating superiority, value, quality software, and sales,....but not this non-sensical drivel.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Thats the fault of how most third parties where treating the console NOT nintendo.

So far Nintendo's games show improved graphics (very big improvements in some cases) when compared to their GC entries.

As for the third parties, they are starting to put alot more effort and resources on the Wii.

Did I say that Nintendo is to blame?
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fawlcon_Pawnch

Even Metroid Prime 3 Corruption looks better than Ninja Gaiden Black to me:

Its breathtaking (and its also a game locked at 60 fps btw)

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

JLF1

You can't be serious.

Are you calling me an idiot?

Don't do that please you will only look foolish.

So are you saying that because Nintendo focused on motion-sensing instead of HD it is an acceptable excuse that Wii games are barely looking like GC games?

No one is asking for HD graphics on the Wii but Gamecube graphics should be the lowest limit especially when most Wii fanboys claims the Wii is SO powerful. What are you going to do with that tech if no one is going to use it?

I'm not blaming Nintendo but the third party developers.

exactly.

then youre complaint should be targeted at 3rd party developers, not the Wii.

dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
I'm going to give the definitive answer; no one knows till it's tried. There's a possibility we'll never know...
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 punkrocker163
also, you're MGS3 running on wii thread is a joke sir. these threads are simply encouraging trolling and furthermore promote a general lack of mathematic knowledge.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, The Conduit, Super Smash Bros Brawl, already look much better than Xbox games

honestly, stop making these threads. and if you don't i please ask the moderators to stop sitting idly by watching people troll each other and lock these threads immediately.

there is a point of debating superiority, value, quality software, and sales,....but not this non-sensical drivel.

darth-pyschosis

First, im not encouraging trolling. Im just asking if the wii can run a certain game and reading opinions.

Second, there are some people that enjoy these threads and just have fun.

Third, if you are gonna get all sensative then i suggest you never enter one of my "can wii run it" threads ever again and block me or something.

have a nice day sir.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JLF1

exactly.

ogvampire

I never blamed the Wii.

I said why bother with a thread like this when we all know that the Wii is capable of good looking games. The problem is that the majority of the Wii devs don't try to push the hardware over Gamecube quality.

It's not Nintendos fault, they have proved the Wii is capable of great looking games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3

It's not the Wiis fault, we already know it is capable of great looking games

It is however the third party's fault not caring about the advantages the Wii has.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fawlcon_Pawnch

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

exactly.

JLF1

I never blamed the Wii.

I said why bother with a thread like this when we all know that the Wii is capable of good looking games. The problem is that the majority of the Wii devs don't try to push the hardware over Gamecube quality.

It's not Nintendos fault, they have proved the Wii is capable of great looking games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3

It is however the third party's fault not caring about the advantages the Wii has.

I somewhat agree, then why do people here give Nintendo such a hard time? Thats what pisses me off, they blame and diss the ones who are actually delivering fantastic looking games, its realy annoying.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#81 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

Of course it could.

What's with all of the "No's"? Are there really that many fanboys here?

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"] also, you're MGS3 running on wii thread is a joke sir. these threads are simply encouraging trolling and furthermore promote a general lack of mathematic knowledge.

punkrocker163

First, im not encouraging trolling. Im just asking if the wii can run a certain game and reading opinions.

Third, if you are gonna get all sensative then i suggest you never enter one of my "can wii run it" threads ever again and block me or something.

have a nice day sir.

why ask this when you can look up the specs and see that the wii is technically more powerful than the xbox. so why say can the wii run this? say "would ninja gaiden be fun to play on the wii control-wise?"

you can't spend more than a minute on SW and not know the Wii is bashed in the most childish ways here.

so making a thread which vaguely describes you're intentions, questioning whether a console with superior specs can run a game from a console with inferior specs leads most to believe you aren't understanding that the Wii is more powerful, or looking to start a flame war.

like i said voting no is only encouraging people to use less and less brain cells, and to pay attention less and less in their high school algebra classes. coz if you know addition and subtraction you know the Wii is more powerful than the Xbox.

the guy who posted a thread asking if the wii could run brothers in arms: hells highway is trolling. you encouraged it.

it may have been you, i don't remember his user name but if it wasn't then you're thread promoted him to do it.

if you have good intentions and if you are an intelligent person ask " would the controls work on wii" not " can wii run it?"

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 punkrocker163
[QUOTE="punkrocker163"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"] also, you're MGS3 running on wii thread is a joke sir. these threads are simply encouraging trolling and furthermore promote a general lack of mathematic knowledge.

darth-pyschosis

have a nice day sir.

why ask this when you can look up the specs and see that the wii is technically more powerful than the xbox. so why say can the wii run this? say "would ninja gaiden be fun to play on the wii control-wise?"

you can't spend more than a minute on SW and not know the Wii is bashed in the most childish ways here.

so making a thread which vaguely describes you're intentions, questioning whether a console with superior specs can run a game from a console with inferior specs leads most to believe you aren't understanding that the Wii is more powerful, or looking to start a flame war.

like i said voting no is only encouraging people to use less and less brain cells, and to pay attention less and less in their high school algebra classes. coz if you know addition and subtraction you know the Wii is more powerful than the Xbox.

the guy who posted a thread asking if the wii could run brothers in arms: hells highway is trolling. you encouraged it.

it may have been you, i don't remember his user name but if it wasn't then you're thread promoted him to do it.

if you have good intentions and if you are an intelligent person ask " would the controls work on wii" not " can wii run it?"

i didnt make the BIA one so it looks like im someones role model, and if you read my first post all i didnt say was graphics, i said controls, graphics, etc.

P.S. I hope to see you tommorow in part tri.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

exactly.

JLF1

I never blamed the Wii.

oh. the way you worded your questions made me think that you were blaming Nintendo. my fault

some 3rd party devs just arent putting that much effort in Wii games, im not sure if there is anything we can do about it except to just speak with our wallets and not buy their games

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

The xbox was the only console that would be able to run it last gen, so I am not sure if the Wii could. I do not know the exact specs, but the Wii isn't really much more powerful than a GC is it?Il_Exile_lI

the wii is a little more powerful than the xbox, so it shouldn't have a problem with the game.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Under the right developer, it could of been done on the GC. The Xbox is technically more powerful but it's a very inefficient piece of hardware in comparsion to the GC.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Fawlcon_Pawnch

imo this game looks better than galaxy it seems to push it more on a technical scale

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
When Galaxy is the best looking game I'm starting to wonder if it could do something noticeably better (than NG) or not.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
I sure the Wii can handle any last gen game.
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

The wii is about equal to an Xbox 1 I think in CPU around the 700 Mhz range

Yes the wii could run it :)

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

This kind of threads should die. The Wii is able to run any last-gen game, if ported correctly, including Xbox titles, since the Wii is much more powerfull than an Xbox(1). Now if these "Can Wii run it? threads include current generation titles then these would get interesting.nintendog66

Dude.... wth kind of anime is that in your sig ( is that even legal on here? )?

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Fawlcon_Pawnch

sakura_Ex

LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its Galaxy, it has this effect on chicks

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
it can run the wii is slightly stronger the the orginal x-box
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#94 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

There is no denying Mairo and Metroid look amazing on the Wii, as they did on the Gamecube, but until developers show games can be realistic and detailed (not artisticaly styled like most Nintendo first party games are), I'll always think of it as inferior graphically than last-gen consoles such as the PS2 or Xbox.

The proof is in the games, and while particular art styles look gorgeous on all systems, the Wii just doesn't seem as graphically capable as the original Xbox was. Games like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory just don't seem possible on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendog66"]This kind of threads should die. The Wii is able to run any last-gen game, if ported correctly, including Xbox titles, since the Wii is much more powerfull than an Xbox(1). Now if these "Can Wii run it? threads include current generation titles then these would get interesting.sakura_Ex

If there's no nudity, no extreme amount of violence/gore, and doesn't have offensive content (Swears, hate messages, etc.), chances are it's acceptable.

You can go ahead and read the Terms of Use if you want to look up the topic further.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

VendettaRed07

imo this game looks better than galaxy it seems to push it more on a technical scale

I'm sorry but no.

Did you see the lighting effects on galaxy, or the shiny textures?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

VendettaRed07

I'm sorry but no.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

Shinobishyguy

I'm sorry but no.

I love our little spats :D

but idk i know the lighting is better, I just think that technically prime is better, like it just feels more consistant I think, cause some areas og galaxy didnt look so hot while yeah others did look awesome, I think prime did look just amazing all through out.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

VendettaRed07

I'm sorry but no.

I love our little spats :D

but idk i know the lighting is better, I just think that technically prime is better, like it just feels more consistant I think, cause some areas og galaxy didnt look so hot while yeah others did look awesome, I think prime did look just amazing all through out.

No I meant the shiny surfaces.

Go to the freeze frame galaxy and look at the ice walls.

You'll notice the specular highlights.

As for metroid most of the areas looked good. But the space ship levels like the one in the begining looked flat out boring.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#100 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

Of course it could.

What's with all of the "No's"? Are there really that many fanboys here?

toadster101
Madness Day I tell you!