bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

NX is coming next year. Pokemon Go is a super smash hit. Nintendo stocks are higher than they've been in years. Nintendo has reconfirmed their status as a cultural phenomenon. Its more apparent now than ever that Iwata's strategy for Nintendo's return is working.

Can we finally get off Nintendo's back for Wii U?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Nope, they won't because...

-Anything that isn't SNES sucks (besides GameCube circa 2006)

-Third party support sucks

-They're a gaming version of a People's Republic of Tyranny

-Miyamoto is the George Lucas of the Industry

-They must be a THIRD PARTY...

-*insert any other reason here*

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

No

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

For the Wii U? Heck no. It's still a lackluster console compared to the competition and they refuse to lower the price on it.

And I'm glad Nintendo is doing well with Pokemon Go, I don't want any company to go under and people lose their jobs.......BUT

Do we really want more games like Pokemon Go? I mean it's a cute fun game, but it doesn't compare to AAA or Indie games on a home console or PC. I'm already starting to get bored with it and it hasn't been out a week; and the experience has been horrible!!!! The game's servers are constantly being overloaded, there's tons of bugs, and it freezes. If it wasn't Pokemon the game would be a flop. Compared to the Gameboy and DS pokemon games, Go is really shallow without much substance.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Nope, they're still sucking ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

We'll get off their back when they stop languishing in mediocrity. Pokemon GO is great, but it's one game, the NX is a total unknown, and how they are handling it doesn't inspire confidence, Zelda looks great, but could turn out to be a disappointment the same as any other game, etc etc

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

How has Nintendo "reconfirmed their status as a cultural phenomenon"?

One app launching that gives investors confidence is not the same as what you're saying.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

They're good but I'm still having a few issues with Go so they suck major balls rn.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I'll definitely be reserving judgement until I see what NX is and what it offers... Pokemon GO means nothing to me

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

They released an incredibly lackluster console and handheld, so no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Nope.

Stop being so fvcking secretive.

Start advertising they're products clearly, especially with developers.

Create a cohesive relationship with those developers and earn 3rd party support.

Get with the fvcking times!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchanumbers

@Wasdie said:

How has Nintendo "reconfirmed their status as a cultural phenomenon"?

One app launching that gives investors confidence is not the same as what you're saying.

Look at all the hype surrounding it. It has pretty much taken over everything in the past week. Businesses are seeing more sales because they are a poke stop. It has surpassed tinder and goes toe to toe with twitter for usage. Parents are dragging their kids along on poke hunts. Groups started poke walks so they can hunt together. Nintendo saw their market cap go up by 7 billion dollars in a week and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet. It might be one app, but it has taken the world by storm. If that isn't phenomenal I don't know what is.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Nintendo being a "cultural" phenom is exemplified by its stature in the 1980's and early to mid 1990's. The name was everywhere and on everything and everyone knew what it was. The company has not since come close to being on that level.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

No

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wasdie  Moderator

@bunchanumbers: I agree with everything minus the connection you're making with Nintendo.

Pokemon has always been a brand of its own. Nintendo has never truly capitalized on it being one of their exclusive brands in the way they did with Mario and Zelda. I think it being focused on the handhelds has been the reason behind that.

I see Pokemon GO's popularity stemming greatly from a blend of innovation and nostalgia for Pokemon. People are also very excited for the first time they can interact with Pokemon without having to buy a damn Nintendo handheld they wouldn't have any other use for. People my age (25+) at least. I like Pokemon, but not enough to buy a 3DS for the latest. I don't really care about the latest either. This is partly why Pokemon GO's lineup is focused on the original 150 rather than the huge roster of Pokemon there are now.

I disagree with the connection you're making between Pokemon and Nintendo. I think the general population sees Pokemon as its own thing. It was a video game, TV show, movies, trading card game, and toys. I know a lot of people my age who never played the game but watched the show and the movies and loved them all the same.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

a large portion of Pokemon go players are casuals who don't even play games. I think all this is proving is nintendo hits home with casuals and the mobile industry.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

a large portion of Pokemon go players are casuals who don't even play games. I think all this is proving is nintendo hits home with casuals and the mobile industry.

Yeah....that's where the money is, bruh.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

Sorry TC but Nintendo has a lot more to prove.

You sound like a Sony Fan jumping to conclusions like that this early!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Pokemon GO changed the world. Nintendo done done it again.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Dude's on a "please leave Microsoft and Nintendo alone!!" parade today...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Pokemon Go does nothing for me, and it's not even made by Nintendo, so no.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bunchanumbers

@Wasdie said:

@bunchanumbers: I agree with everything minus the connection you're making with Nintendo.

Pokemon has always been a brand of its own. Nintendo has never truly capitalized on it being one of their exclusive brands in the way they did with Mario and Zelda. I think it being focused on the handhelds has been the reason behind that.

I see Pokemon GO's popularity stemming greatly from a blend of innovation and nostalgia for Pokemon. People are also very excited for the first time they can interact with Pokemon without having to buy a damn Nintendo handheld they wouldn't have any other use for. People my age (25+) at least. I like Pokemon, but not enough to buy a 3DS for the latest. I don't really care about the latest either. This is partly why Pokemon GO's lineup is focused on the original 150 rather than the huge roster of Pokemon there are now.

I disagree with the connection you're making between Pokemon and Nintendo. I think the general population sees Pokemon as its own thing. It was a video game, TV show, movies, trading card game, and toys. I know a lot of people my age who never played the game but watched the show and the movies and loved them all the same.

It comes from Nintendo. Nintendo were the ones who invested in them when they first started. President Iwata even developed the compression technology to fit the first games in gold/silver. Pokemon wouldn't be nearly as huge without Nintendo.

And it shows. The pokemon Company is a perfect example on how to spin off a company. Maybe the population at large doesn't know but investors do. The Nintendo connection is there and has been since pretty much the beginning.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Not yet, I propose we stay wrapped around their leg till we get some NX news

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

A silly mobile distraction is hardly enough to tide over some of us who want more meaty video games from the company.

The wait for NX continues...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@bunchanumbers: Nintendo is messing up everything related to consoles since N64 era . As long as there are sheep around praising every shit Nintendo did and keep doing while dissing other platforms/consoles that doing way better in the long run there wont be such thing as get off Nintendos back anytime soon.

lets see if finally things can be right or not with NX.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jcrame10 said:

Yeah....that's where the money is, bruh..

The money is also with the CoD, EA Sports, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed crowd.

Besides that, it's funny. Nintendo gets blasted for not going third party/going mobile, yet here they are with the mobile market (which, to be fair, I've always thought Nintendo should have STAYED the HELL AWAY from), and shots are still fired like a John Woo movie.

Loading Video...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Star67 said:

For the Wii U? Heck no. It's still a lackluster console compared to the competition and they refuse to lower the price on it.

And I'm glad Nintendo is doing well with Pokemon Go, I don't want any company to go under and people lose their jobs.......BUT

Do we really want more games like Pokemon Go? I mean it's a cute fun game, but it doesn't compare to AAA or Indie games on a home console or PC. I'm already starting to get bored with it and it hasn't been out a week; and the experience has been horrible!!!! The game's servers are constantly being overloaded, there's tons of bugs, and it freezes. If it wasn't Pokemon the game would be a flop. Compared to the Gameboy and DS pokemon games, Go is really shallow without much substance.

This is one of the main reasons for me. To be as high priced as it is, is an insult.

CVStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CVStar
Member since 2016 • 178 Posts

I look forward to nintendo nx. I am really excited to see the first party line up for launch

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wasdie  Moderator

@bunchanumbers said:
@Wasdie said:

It comes from Nintendo. Nintendo were the ones who invested in them when they first started. President Iwata even developed the compression technology to fit the first games in gold/silver. Pokemon wouldn't be nearly as huge without Nintendo.

And it shows. The pokemon Company is a perfect example on how to spin off a company. Maybe the population at large doesn't know but investors do. The Nintendo connection is there and has been since pretty much the beginning.

But you said it yourself, investors connections but the populations do. That doesn't mean Nintendo is the cultural phenomenon. It means Pokemon is and Nintendo is the owner.

I don't disagree with you saying without Nintendo, Pokemon wouldn't be nearly as big. But in 2016 the Pokemon brand stands alone. Nintendo should utilize this new product and surge of interest to revitalize their entire brand. But as of right now, Pokemon GO doesn't have a shred of Nintendo branding on the app. It should open up with a big Nintendo logo to put a positive connection with the Nintendo name.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

**** no. They work so far beneath themselves it's ridiculous. No one gets on their back enough.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

We know next to nothing on NX and Pokemon go only just came out (imo its not that great). Im staying on Nintendo's back

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

Lol a free mobile game sure has the sheep hyped up.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iandizion713

@uitravioience: Pokemon is the shat son.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

@iandizion713: I'm glad you like it. Personally I found it very boring.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 iandizion713

@uitravioience: Yeah, its not for everyone.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

No. The Wii U sold like trash. 3rd party support was trash. The marketing was trash. It was underpowered. It had the most niche games for a Nintendo console. Release a proper home console, please.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

We should def praise Nintendo for entering the Phone app market.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Haha well said ^^

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Haha well said ^^

Don't laugh dude, Angry Pidgey's is coming next and that's just going to take the world by storm!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Star67 said:

This is one of the main reasons for me. To be as high priced as it is, is an insult.

Dude, it costs as much as the Xbox One S.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@nintendoboy16: games attached to your system instead of being attached to an account.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iandizion713

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think you mean praise Nintendo for taking over the app market. Got 4 more apps to go. Winter is coming.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendoboy16

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

*stares blankly"

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#45 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

No, because then cows only have Microsoft and PC left to bitch about

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt until the NX comes out.

I'm happy with them because their games on the Wii U are the best they've been since the N64 imo. I thought the games were just like the Wii's with better graphics, but that isn't the case. A home console with third party and Nintendo's first party would be something serious indeed.

I'm just excited about Nintendo right now.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Nope, they won't because...

-Anything that isn't SNES sucks (besides GameCube circa 2006)

-Third party support sucks

-They're a gaming version of a People's Republic of Tyranny

-Miyamoto is the George Lucas of the Industry

-They must be a THIRD PARTY...

-*insert any other reason here*

Couldn't have said it better myself, I'm glad we finally see eye to eye for once. ( :

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#48  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

NX is coming next year. Pokemon Go is a super smash hit. Nintendo stocks are higher than they've been in years. Nintendo has reconfirmed their status as a cultural phenomenon. Its more apparent now than ever that Iwata's strategy for Nintendo's return is working.

Can we finally get off Nintendo's back for Wii U?

that is a lol. They still have to prove they are a viable company in today's market for something longer than a single fiscal quarter. A single hit game is not enough to affirm a phenom status, nor is digging your share holders out of a giant hole you created year after year, without addressing the underlying causes of said stock drops.....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Nah, they still suck for the most part.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@bunchanumbers:

Pokemon Go being a big hit shouldn't have surprised anyone. Its the perfect franchise for AR implementation.

But Pokemon Go being successful doesn't mean the NX will be successful. Two totally different markets.

Also, no we shouldn't just sweep the Wii U's failure under the rug like it never existed. Nintendo continues to put the blame on consumers for why the Wii U failed rather than the product itself and that needs to stop. I'll stop bringing up the Wii U as soon as Nintendo admits that the Wii U failed because of their own poor design choices. The same can be said with Miyamoto and Star Fox: Zero.