Can we all admit the console war is only between Sony and Nintendo?

• 65 results
VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Can we all admit the console war is only between Sony and Nintendo? (64 votes)

Yes, Microsoft will always be third place 47%
No, Microsoft can still magically end up 2nd or 1st place 34%
Maybe, maybe not 19%

I honestly, don't grasp how people even consider the Xbox at the same level as Playstation or Nintendo. It's just not. The Xbox has been third place for 3 generations. It pretty much is dead forever in Asia, and somewhat in Europe. The only market is North America.

Microsoft pretty much gave up competing against them with exclusive titles, so now they're trying to sell Gamepass for the bargain bin price of $1 in order to look like they're winning somewhere considering Sony and Nintendo exclusives wipe the butt out of them in sales and critical acclaim.

Sony and Nintendo do well worldwide. Period. I believe the battle will always be between them.

Discuss. :)

• 
LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

It still competes and has a chance of doing much better next gen. So I don't agree.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts
@latech84 said:

It still competes and has a chance of doing much better next gen. So I don't agree.

How does it compete, Sony basically 3:1 it this gen and Nintendo 2:1. That's not competiting, that's surviving.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

I would say it is really between Sony and MS. Nintendo just does their own thing.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@latech84 said:

How does it compete, Sony basically 3:1 it this gen and Nintendo 2:1. That's not competiting, that's surviving.

I just mean it is trying to sell consoles and so are Sony And Nintendo. I think they may do better to compete next gen as they get more studios and better hardware and features. It's just my opinion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

It seems to me MS and Sony are contesting a very similar market for the types of games they offer and their third party support. They seem most compelled to chase each others features, similar types of paid online and subscription services, their seeming commitment for BC going forward, their aim to provide higher end consoles. They're primarily console based too, but also now offering support for first party titles and their subscription services on PC.

Sure originally Sony went full steam ahead on gaming after Nintendo screwed them over on the SNES CD-ROM venture, and since Sony's growth has taken Nintendo and Sega down. But right now their fight mostly seems with MS. Sony won the console battle against Nintendo, Nintendo won the handheld wars.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44185 Posts

Nah. All three are competing with each other and all three push each which is good for both the industry and the consumer. I don’t care if Microsoft comes in third or whatever, as long as they continue to deliver a console and games that I enjoy then they will continue to get my money.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

Nintendo hasn't been in the console wars in years since the days of Wii and nowadays, it's really just Sony vs MS. Nintendo has stated they aren't interested in competing with neither Sony/MS. They wanna do their own thing which is good because Nintendo isn't chasing 4K or the most powerful console. They are all about innovating and Sony/MS forgot about what makes console unique from PC, innovation is what Nintendo is good at.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@davillain- said:

Nintendo hasn't been in the console wars in years since the days of Wii and nowadays, it's really just Sony vs MS. Nintendo has stated they aren't interested in competing with neither Sony/MS. They wanna do their own thing which is good because Nintendo isn't chasing 4K or the most powerful console. They are all about innovating and Sony/MS forgot about what makes console unique from PC, innovation is what Nintendo is good at.

What innovations are you speaking of when you talk about Nintendo is all about innovating?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t think MS cares about hardware they barely see a dime on. It’s all about software sales, a more affluent demographic, and top notch services. Per capita, MS sells more software, has higher services retention, and extra features the competition routinely copies.

MS > Nintendo > sony

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Sevenizz: you're kidding yourself if MS doesn't care about hardware sales. Why would they hide them otherwise? Without hardware sales, there's no software sales. Please sit down. From where everyone else is sitting, it's Sony >>>Nintendo >>MS

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@Sagemode87: Except there’s only a few hundred million capable PCs out there.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@Pedro:

• Wii: motion wand which was unique for its time.
  • Wii U: Gamepad does have features that other console controllers haven't had all at once. People seemed to expect the device to be more innovative than it actually was, and developers failed to just use it in ways for games that made sense.
  • Nintendo Switch: Console/handheld hybrid you don't see anyone doing but only from Nintendo.

The way Sony/MS is going with its next-gen consoles, I really don't see anything out of this world as far as innovation goes. Innovation on consoles is dying and Nintendo isn't out to change the gaming world but they sure are trying to be different rather than being just another standard console.

Edit: I will say that Kinect on 360 was very unique by playing games without holding a controller was cool which I'll admit but the technology itself was limited what it can do and our tech isn't advanced enough yet for Kinect.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Sevenizz: PC has nothing to do with consoles. Is this company wars? Plus PS Now is on PC as well...

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The Xbox was ahead of the Gamecube during gen 6, so there goes the core premise of this thread. Really? 13 posts in, and noones challenged the core premise of the TC's thread? Noone?

Cows revisionist history and posthumous rehabilitation of the PS3 is second only to the Democrats rehabilitation of George W. Bush. Anyone around last gen who considers the PS3 in any way a "win" for Sony against the Xbox 360 is intellectually dishonest. The PS3 was not ahead of the 360 in any of the following:

• Not in total software library
  • Not in total SOFTWARE SALES
  • Not in total EXCLUSIVE SALES
  • Not in number of AAA, AA, and A EXCLUSIVES on Metacritic
  • Not in TOTAL number of AAA, AA, and A games on Metacritic
  • Not in attach ratio
  • All multiplats inferior as a rule, with exceptions

That PS3 was able after 7 years, after starting with 75% marketshare, 6 times the install base, that sold in more territories, to barely MATCH the 360 clawing and scratching (Sony never officially revealed numbers, because they knew the claim wasnt true) after everybody already left the stadium and nobody was playing anymore is a miracle, and even then, it deserves a skyscraper sized asterisk.

Not the result of Sony posessing some proprietary philosophical design "prowess" or unique inginuity in their ability to design a console, that others like Microsoft (a company with immensely more resources and some of the best engineers on earth) do not have access to.

Why Cows constantly think Sony are super engineering geniouses playing some 4d chess game instead of just following the path of least resistance, and being at the right place/right time will forever elude me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Has there been some bad PS5 news just announced as 2 cows and 2 threads close to each other, what's happened lol.

Why do all these cows threads reek of insecurity.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Pedro:

• Wii U: Gamepad does have features that other console controllers haven't had all at once. People seemed to expect the device to be more innovative than it actually was, and developers failed to just use it in ways for games that made sense.
  • Nintendo Switch: Console/handheld hybrid you don't see anyone doing but only from Nintendo.

The way Sony/MS is going with its next-gen consoles, I really don't see anything out of this world as far as innovation goes. Innovation on consoles is dying and Nintendo isn't out to change the gaming world but they sure are trying to be different rather than being just another standard console.

Edit: I will say that Kinect on 360 was very unique by playing games without holding a controller was cool which I'll admit but the technology itself was limited what it can do and our tech isn't advanced enough yet for Kinect.

I can somewhat give the Wii but the WiiU? Come on man. And the Switch is a handheld with a docking station. The Kinect isn't even innovative because the Eyetoy predates it. The Xbox adaptive controller is probably the only innovation for this gen. The narrative that Nintendo is the only company of the three that is innovative is a perpetually false narrative.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Nintendo seem to target maybe a different demographic? I think Sony tried but failed to make the Pokemon, Zelda, Mario equivalents.

Sony and MS are more competitor due to their output and 3rd party focus.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Has there been some bad PS5 news just announced as 2 cows and 2 threads close to each other, what's happened lol.

We're an insecure bunch. For example, i was born with a 4incher. What do you want to do? Of course i'm insecure 😊

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Nintendo is competing with smartphones and tablets for the children's market. They're not a console maker anymore, but a tablet one. So no, MS vs Sony is where its at.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

We're an insecure bunch. For example, i was born with a 4incher. What do you want to do? Of course i'm insecure 😊

Tell Bill all about it lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

No one's even talking about Nintendo.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rzxv04

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

That can be solved ...in the Cyberpunk 2077 future.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I have my slight cow tendencies and can definitely see that Microsoft had a huge influence on where this went. I thought the Xbox would go much farther than it did. The good use of online was quite the game changer, that Nintendo STILL hasn't fully figured out, nearly TWO DECADES later. I get that they are trying to protect children, but I think it would be much better if we could do more provided we could prove we were older.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Hardcore fanboys get so washed up in their own echo chambers, taking the slightest glimpse at the grass on the other side makes 'em go

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

well the xbox beat the gamecube and the 360 beat the ps3 and the xbox one beat the wiiU. thats 3 straight generations in 2nd place.

they might actually get first. who knows. so i'd say yes its still competing just as much as sony or nintendo.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Yip

MS has a billion Potential customers with every 1st party coming to pc gamepass .

Ms has the best console.

Xbox has the most Game studios

Sony and Nintendo are fighting for second place

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Why aren't these types of threads against the rules? This shit is so stupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Why should they be against the rules?

Insecurity threads are the best threads lol.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rzxv04

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

It's system wars?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The Nintendo Switch is a technical POS for 2020 standards and their games are overrated.

Honestly the Switch is just a hand held, as none of the games look good on a TV unless its a heavily Nintendo graphics style... Zelda looks like complete a** on my 65" TV.

There is no competition Sony won. Nintendo has to rely on gimmicks and the same games over and over again to compete and even then it can't touch PS4 sales.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all produce consoles and are all competitors, albeit not directly. Nintendo has been running their own show for a long time with their innovative but underpowered hardware, limited third-party support with their Wii and handheld Switch.

Sony is all about selling hardware and the best exclusive games.

Microsoft is more interested in selling software than hardware. You can't compare hardware sales on PS and Xbox directly, since Microsoft also makes money on the PC games market (Windows etc.). Tons of money in fact. Measured on market cap and total sales Microsoft kicks the living shit out of Sony.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

I would argue that the competition is between Sony and MS.

Nintendo are still very relevant, but they tend to go tread their own path. Which may be why they enjoy such amiable relationships with both Sony and MS. With both Playstation and Microsoft Representation in Smash.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Sony's real competition is PC gaming.

They admitted this years ago.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/10/sony-feels-the-pc-is-ps4s-main-competition-in-the-marketplace-not-xbox-one/

Sony feels the PC is PS4's main competition in the marketplace not Xbox One. PlayStation 4 Pro isn't Sony's answer to Microsoft's Project Scorpio, and the firm doesn't consider Xbox One a threat. ... According to Sony boss Andrew House, the PC was one of the determining factors when deciding to offer a higher-end console.Sep 10, 2016

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No. 3rd place is still "a place". I strongly believe that the PS brand would be worse if it wasn't for competition from Xbox for the same market of gamers. If anything, I'd argue Nintendo has positioned themselves to be in their own race and their systems complement, rather than compete with, Sony and MS

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Duh, Nintendont got outta the console biz after the hard fail of Wii U. They're a Handheld gaming company now and losing bigly to Smartphone mobile gaming.

Sheeesh, what a fail thread.

lololol :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

Nintendo does not compete with the "traditional" console market as far as I am concerned. Their products tend to be significantly different to the point they are in their own class almost. This can be good or bad, but either way it helps them stand apart from Sony and MS.

@BassMan said:

I would say it is really between Sony and MS. Nintendo just does their own thing.

Yeah, pretty much.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

No one's even talking about Nintendo.

Yet everyone buys their stuff.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I was under the impression Nintendo was doing their own thing while Sony and Microsoft were direct rivals...?

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I would say as long as you have die hard fans on each side microsoft will still be viable. I don't think they'll get their teeth kicked in again like this gen.

Microsoft hasn't been on my radar personally for over a decade. I lost money on that 54% hardware failure rate on the 360 and the software since then hasn't exactly impressed me either. Plus, with xbox games on PC I'll just get it there rather than buy an Xbox. Microsoft gets my money if they make a game worth playing, and I don't ever have to take a risk on their hardware ever again = win/win.

For me, Xbox isn't viable and neither is Nintendo.. I'll probably go PS/PC again this gen and be set. But that doesn't mean either of them aren't relevant. They're still profitable so They have fans, I'm just not one of them.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@Sagemode87: how are you judging that?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Yes, MS has been irrelevant since they decided to drop core and go upwards of 60% casual chasing the Wii's pot of gold.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Yes, MS has been irrelevant since they decided to drop core and go upwards of 60% casual chasing the Wii's pot of gold.

Mah man, Hi, it's been a long time. :)

The last time I Herd you say that I fell off my dinosaur. lolol :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Pedro:

1-Motion was done by MS before the gamecube exited let alone the wii,i know because i owned a sidewinder freestyle controller back in 1999 2000 i think,and while they didn't work exactly the same the sidewinder was more limited it was motion,the eye toy as well can be consider a vice to play with motion of your body rather than just buttons.

2-The wii U interactibity was already done by the PSP and PS3,were you could use your :PS3 to stream games to your PSP which is essentially what the wii u does,as the wii U table wasn't really processing anything,it received a streaming video signal in the same way the PS3 did with the PSP.

3-Again look at the PSP for that it allowed you to play its games on TV,nintendo just use a docking station,the PSP did so with cables,is also a funtion available years before the switch launched in mobile phones.

Is the reason i don't consider the switch as a console,the switch is a portable with docking station,much like many cell phones have done,you don't call them consoles for that.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@virusvaccine21: Nintendo is a part of the crew but it has its own set ever since the wii.

The target audience is too different now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos
@StrongDeadlift said:

The Xbox was ahead of the Gamecube during gen 6, so there goes the core premise of this thread. Really? 13 posts in, and noones challenged the core premise of the TC's thread? Noone?

Cows revisionist history and posthumous rehabilitation of the PS3 is second only to the Democrats rehabilitation of George W. Bush. Anyone around last gen who considers the PS3 in any way a "win" for Sony against the Xbox 360 is intellectually dishonest. The PS3 was not ahead of the 360 in any of the following:

• Not in attach ratio

That PS3 was able after 7 years, after starting with 75% marketshare, 6 times the install base, that sold in more territories, to barely MATCH the 360 clawing and scratching (Sony never officially revealed numbers, because they knew the claim wasnt true) after everybody already left the stadium and nobody was playing anymore is a miracle, and even then, it deserves a skyscraper sized asterisk.

Not the result of Sony posessing some proprietary philosophical design "prowess" or unique inginuity in their ability to design a console, that others like Microsoft (a company with immensely more resources and some of the best engineers on earth) do not have access to.

Why Cows constantly think Sony are super engineering geniouses playing some 4d chess game instead of just following the path of least resistance, and being at the right place/right time will forever elude me.

There was something sony was ahead vs MS.

Better exclusives

Better free features

no toll booth for netflix,hulu or other including online gaming.

Game share already worked and worked even on DLC.

Outsold the xbox 360 even that it started 1 year latter at $600 which would have kill any other platform without possibility of anything,the xbox one was $500 and loss and never recover period.

Even the switch in just 3 years outsold them without problems.

The xbox generation was 19 years ago,MS beat nintendo like for 2 millions on a generation were sony destroyed anything.

They fu** up with the PS3 and still beat MS at the end,the wii generation were you so hardly try to pass the 3rd place xbox 360 as the biggest success ever,was outsold by the shitty and weak wii without problems and the wii also got higher rated games as well than the xbox 360.

I love that part about the inferior multiplatforms becuase it show how you and many other saw the generation even that the gap most of the time was 720p vs 640p some more frames in things like that,but when this gen started you yeah YOU the same hypocrite using superior versions on 360 would not see a damn difference between 720p and 1080p on COD,the same who claim superiority on COD which wasn't even 720p on xbox 360 either but the few more pixels on xbox 360 was enough to call it superior.

Post like this show how hurt you lemmings still are about the xbox one shitty performance now,and how you view the xbox 360 as some kind of victory even with the huge ass failure that spiked millions of re buy units,and ending 3rd after starting 1 year before every one else and been consistenly cheaper than the PS3 all generation long.

The xbox 360 LOSS the wii won and the PS3 ended second.

And the gamecube generation is long gone,this gen the switch and ps4 have destroy the xbox one sales without even with the more powerful xbox one X on the market.

@hardwenzen said:

Nintendo is competing with smartphones and tablets for the children's market. They're not a console maker anymore, but a tablet one. So no, MS vs Sony is where its at.

The market will continue to pit them against nintendo,the switch is not a console yet it is compare sales wise to the PS and xbox,and it will not stop because nintendo simply unified their market,which was also dying by the way the 3DS didn't do even close to the DS not even close,so they unify the market there is a bigger chance that people own a switch and a ps5 or xbox and switch + those who will just own a switch.

@bluestars said:

Yip

MS has a billion Potential customers with every 1st party coming to pc gamepass .

Ms has the best console.

Yeah that is why Forza Horizon 4 has sold 2.3 billion copies.😂

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Welp....this thread backfired.....

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@latech84 said:

just because your third place does not mean your not competition. nothing is in stone look at the 360.

im a sony fan and realize xbox is sony number one competitor not nin. sony is not hiding the price for the ps5 from nin. there hiding it from xbox and vise versa.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Pedro:

The early Nintendo handhelds needs to be mentioned as well. What was/is the feature on the 3ds that connects with others who are carrying the 3ds as well? Streetpass? Sony tried the same with Vita and it was very poorly executed.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@tormentos said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

• Not in attach ratio

There was something sony was ahead vs MS.

Better exclusives

Better free features

no toll booth for netflix,hulu or other including online gaming.

Game share already worked and worked even on DLC.

Outsold the xbox 360 even that it started 1 year latter at $600 which would have kill any other platform without possibility of anything,the xbox one was $500 and loss and never recover period.

Even the switch in just 3 years outsold them without problems.

The xbox generation was 19 years ago,MS beat nintendo like for 2 millions on a generation were sony destroyed anything.

They fu** up with the PS3 and still beat MS at the end,the wii generation were you so hardly try to pass the 3rd place xbox 360 as the biggest success ever,was outsold by the shitty and weak wii without problems and the wii also got higher rated games as well than the xbox 360.

I love that part about the inferior multiplatforms becuase it show how you and many other saw the generation even that the gap most of the time was 720p vs 640p some more frames in things like that,but when this gen started you yeah YOU the same hypocrite using superior versions on 360 would not see a damn difference between 720p and 1080p on COD,the same who claim superiority on COD which wasn't even 720p on xbox 360 either but the few more pixels on xbox 360 was enough to call it superior.

Post like this show how hurt you lemmings still are about the xbox one shitty performance now,and how you view the xbox 360 as some kind of victory even with the huge ass failure that spiked millions of re buy units,and ending 3rd after starting 1 year before every one else and been consistenly cheaper than the PS3 all generation long.

The xbox 360 LOSS the wii won and the PS3 ended second.

And the gamecube generation is long gone,this gen the switch and ps4 have destroy the xbox one sales without even with the more powerful xbox one X on the market.

@hardwenzen said:

The market will continue to pit them against nintendo,the switch is not a console yet it is compare sales wise to the PS and xbox,and it will not stop because nintendo simply unified their market,which was also dying by the way the 3DS didn't do even close to the DS not even close,so they unify the market there is a bigger chance that people own a switch and a ps5 or xbox and switch + those who will just own a switch.

@bluestars said:

Yip

Ms has the best console.

Yeah that is why Forza Horizon 4 has sold 2.3 billion copies.😂

im a big sony fan just like you but nothing is set in stone. we need xbox for competition because that is sony number one competitor. there not hiding the price from nin there hiding it from xbox and vise versa.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tormentos

@KBFloYd said:

well the xbox beat the gamecube and the 360 beat the ps3 and the xbox one beat the wiiU. thats 3 straight generations in 2nd place.

they might actually get first. who knows. so i'd say yes its still competing just as much as sony or nintendo.

The xbox beat the Gamecube by 2 million on a generation were the PS2 won 157 million vs 25 vs 23 million thats hardly a victory.

The PS3 outsold the 360 so were in hell did you get it beat the PS3? Even after 1 year head start and consistenly been cheaper all gen loss still loss,the wii also beat the 360.

The only generation they ended 2 was the PS2 gen and that was a distance ass second 127 million behind and just 2 millions from 3rd place,totally shitty for a company that had billions to burn and make this huge powerful machine that went for the same price as the PS2.

This is MS 4th try didn't took nintendo or sony 4 tries to win.

I see now that you went full lemming and just stopped been a partial lemming.😂