Call Of Duty Frame Rate DF comparison

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

but but its because it has higher framerates and its over 60fps and not vsynced. Wow sorry cows, but once again its a shitshow for PS4 in regards to COD. Xbox one version gets the higher metacritic for a reason... polygon was right!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30B0rx2ql4

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

in other news..... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Cherry picking at its fullest. Maybe you should base your thread on the whole article instead of statements from it. LOL stay salty my friend

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate."

SEVEN TWENTY PEE

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XBOunity

@TheTruthIsREAL: cliffy so salty you made a systemwars account because of me. Remember when you lied saying ypu posted here lol

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

digital foundry already said that the stutters from ps4 come from it being above 60hz

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XBOunity

@stereointegrity: lol ok wow what a shitshow. Wont get the game for either but ps4 shoulda stuck with 720p. Down to 36 fps compared 60 rock solid on xbo

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Terrencec06 said:

in other news..... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

How much?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Lems have been xboned : )

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

Its COD, why do you even care?!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall."

Thanks for linking that article, OP, it's very elucidating.

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

Wow, I thought I was going to get blind there for a second when I saw the X1 picture, until i moved my head to the right, and noticed there was nothing wrong with my eyes

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killzowned24

@clyde46 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Its COD, why do you even care?!

Anything that proves xbone is weak sauce is fun.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS4 is more powerful and sooner or later you'll have to face and accept that reality.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest." - DF

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@XBOunity: no I was a lurker but you can prove otherwise

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

The PS4 is pushing more than twice the pixels. It's only dipping a few frames below the Xbox One in a few spots. Still very impressive. Glad I have the PS4 version. I love 1080p.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killzowned24

@danabo said:

@killzowned24 said:

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest." - DF

''Here it's abundantly clear that one platform has a distinct advantage over the other owing to the vast resolution differential: fine details, subtle edges and complex scenery all appear sharper and more defined on PlayStation 4, while these elements simply aren't displayed with the same level of clarity on Xbox One, giving the game a distinctly fuzzy look that doesn't really tally with our expectations of a next-gen experience.''

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

They are both locked at 60 fps, but the PS4 runs at 1080p native with some dips in framerate. Had the Xbox one version been 1080p instead of 720p, we would have seen COD at 30 - 40 fps.

Carbon_Le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Carbon_Le
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts

This is the same guy who was hurt that ps4 cod was 1080p. Now youre here to talk trash on it? Xboxunity you make no damn sense. What a weirdo.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate."

SEVEN TWENTY PEE

Saw that as well. Its obvious that the PS4 version is better than the Xboxone version.

Please MS kill the Kinect and put the resources to gaming.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBOunity

@TheTruthIsREAL: lol come on dude glad u are posting and to be honest Id never buy cod. you still ccorporate pining for sony? My cliffy you

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XBOunity

@Carbon_Le: well by right im still upset about the 720p. Im hoping for 900p for best game of year titanfall. Im just realistic. Xbo was rushed out so im hoping the tools arent mature enough. I bet next cod is 1080p for xbo.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@stereointegrity: lol ok wow what a shitshow. Wont get the game for either but ps4 shoulda stuck with 720p. Down to 36 fps compared 60 rock solid on xbo

I think I recollect that you have a decent gaming computer. I wouldn't even recommend the game for PC although the newest patch is much better. I would wait until the problems get fixed. But If you getting it on console go for the PS4 version.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

This is what I took from the DF article... If MS are going to pull things like this for 720p games, then I wont be buying any game thats not native 1080p for the console.

"Owners of Microsoft's new console aren't treated to the same level of quality in this area. 720p - also featuring the same post-process anti-aliasing - is confirmed, which is then upscaled to 1080p by the console before arriving on your TV screen. On top of that, a strong sharpening filter is also applied over the entire 720p image, encompassing both in-game imagery along with the HUD elements and even the main menu screens. Based on the fact that we're seeing something very similar in Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3, we have a feeling that this may actually be part of the Microsoft upscaling solution - and we don't like it."

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

$500 machine plays 720p games in 2013.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

So just what is going on? Well, a close look at our captures reveals that Call of Duty: Ghosts actually runs at higher frame-rates than 60fps on a fairly frequent basis, despite the video output being limited to 60Hz. In scenes where we experienced judder and perceived frame-rate loss, what we are actually seeing is the appearance of skipped and incomplete frames - an effect that is arguably far more noticeable than a few prolonged drops down to 50fps or so seen the 360 version of the game.

That is what do said about the ps4 version.... It is not dropping frames because of what's happening in screen it is just missing them because it only outputs at 60hz

idk why they even posted this up today when just last week they already said why it was having the supposed frame dropes

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

Damn.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the x1 is in 720p lol SEVEN TWENTY P trolololo. Not 900p at least but 720p hah

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By killzowned24

@silversix_ said:

the x1 is in 720p lol SEVEN TWENTY P trolololo. Not 900p at least but 720p hah

So is BF4,Killer Instinct and Dead Rising. Xbone running at last gen resolution lol

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@majesticshea said:

@killzowned24 said:

Damn.

yea they both look ugly in that screen cap. lol

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

enjoy your 720p gaming lemmings we do double resolution

oh and ps4 version runs higher than 60fps

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@XBOunity said:

but but its because it has higher framerates and its over 60fps and not vsynced. Wow sorry cows, but once again its a shitshow for PS4 in regards to COD. Xbox one version gets the higher metacritic for a reason... polygon was right!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30B0rx2ql4

Here it's abundantly clear that one platform has a distinct advantage over the other owing to the vast resolution differential: fine details, subtle edges and complex scenery all appear sharper and more defined on PlayStation 4, while these elements simply aren't displayed with the same level of clarity on Xbox One, giving the game a distinctly fuzzy look that doesn't really tally with our expectations of a next-gen experience.

"It's not just the 720p issue that lets down the Xbox One game - the hardware scaler's over-sharpening seems to emphasis the resolution deficiency rather than mitigate it."

Owners of Microsoft's new console aren't treated to the same level of quality in this area. 720p - also featuring the same post-process anti-aliasing - is confirmed, which is then upscaled to 1080p by the console before arriving on your TV screen. On top of that, a strong sharpening filter is also applied over the entire 720p image, encompassing both in-game imagery along with the HUD elements and even the main menu screens. Based on the fact that we're seeing something very similar in Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3, we have a feeling that this may actually be part of the Microsoft upscaling solution - and we don't like it.

The end result isn't a particularly pretty sight: harsh edges are further accentuated over the additional jaggies created by the upscaling, while fine details, foliage, and the surface of water all appear quite grainy in comparison to the PS4 and PC versions. It's a crushing step down from the PS4's much clearer 1080p presentation, taking away some of the finesse expected from a next-generation product, but thankfully it's also something that you can opt out of.

Moving on to visual effects, we find that particles and alpha appear slightly pared back on both consoles in certain scenes: water splashes in particular take a noticeable hit in resolution on Microsoft's system, looking chunkier and less detailed as a result.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate.

It's an interesting situation considering that while the smoother frame-rate clearly benefits gameplay on the Xbox One, the resolution deficit makes it harder to consistently pick out enemies from a distance compared to the PS4 version - something that is also worth bearing in mind.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall.

Thread....