Call of Duty causing problems for Live?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Yeah..........................for like 6 hours, if i remmeber correctly. I sometimes have problems with steam offline mode. This still pretty much nothing. Issues will always happen.

Of course, but somehow that doesnt count for PS+, right?

But PSN has been having a few more than 1 single issue

PS+ being down does actually happen not that often, but its always getting blown out of proportion.

That driveclub cant acces PS+ is not a problem with the service but with the game itself.

Many predicted that with the Destiny release the service would be down, but it didnt happen.

Many predicted that with the COD release the service would be down, but it didnt happen.

The last time the service was down for some hours (not even for all people) was with the release of firmware 2.0, but ~10 million people worldwide wanted to download the update at the same time.

edit: XBL was down a few times this gen too, with even less people than with PS4

for example

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-live-faces-connectivity-issues-possible-ddos-attack-suspected

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Meanwhile PS+ share is blocked for this game lol

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@rictshard said:

Cows still don't want to accept that fact that Live is a 100x better than PSN

Present me those facts.

I will start with 2 things.

Fact #1: PS+ is cheaper than XBL (50$ vs 60$)

Fact #2: PS+ has more and better games each month

http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Now I know that you want to say that XBL has less outages, but I want to see some receipts and not fanboy drivel.

How about a lemming steps up and talks facts instead of spouting bullshit.

There are XBL memberships that are 40-50 bucks on Amazon, PSN+ is potentially more if you go with the 3 month membership

PS+ hasn't added any decent games in months now, back in 2012-2013 they added a good amount of full retail games, Devil May Cry, Uncharted, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Far Cry, Dead Space etc

Now it seems all they've added in the last few months are indie games, I'm looking at the current rotation for November and Binding of Isaac seems to be the big game this month, NTY

I could say that PSN has had more outages, and that would be absolutely true. It's gone down at least a few times in the past 2 weeks for maintenance.

Apparently becoming a routine

https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network/archive

Or the constant firmware updates. Like the wonderful 2.0 that's been causing crashes.

I could also point out that a certain racing game a month after a launch is still having issues.

I could point out that certain games like Killzone Shadowfall didn't have fully dedicated servers.

Or the fact that PSN still requires syncing trophies or still has abysmal download times even on my 50mb download internet speed.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

No matter how many times this happens, people still assert that Live is perfect but the news just doesn't line up for you guys. Remember this the next time you want to talk about "flawless" online.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/05/xbox-live-down-intermittently-for-xbox-one/

“Hi, Xbox members. Are you having issues trying to sign in to Xbox Live? We’re aware of the issue and our team is working diligently to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks so much for staying patient while we get this fixed.”

Doesn't sound flawless to me..

Services go down. The difference is XBox Live was back up in a few hours.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

This is grand.......are we willing to compare a minor outage on Live to the Constant Maintenance and Offline of PSN........... don't do this please. Sony been taking these cowboys on a ride them free games means nothing if your Online service is down the majority of the time.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Meanwhile PS+ share is blocked for this game lol

Publisher did it, nothing to do with Sony. This is an example of a fanboy...doesn't matter how logical something is, they will just use it to try and trash another console. Damn you kids are just that..little kids without the ability to discern fact from fiction. Congrats.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@rictshard said:

Apparently becoming a routine

https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network/archive

I will not go into the list wars of ps+ games because its too one sided and you are deflecting from my point.

Nice website. Here is the xbl part. I didnt count the issues but its does not look like its any better.

https://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live/archive

edit:

@rictshard said:

Or the constant firmware updates. Like the wonderful 2.0 that's been causing crashes.

I could also point out that a certain racing game a month after a launch is still having issues.

I could point out that certain games like Killzone Shadowfall didn't have fully dedicated servers.

Or the fact that PSN still requires syncing trophies or still has abysmal download times even on my 50mb download internet speed.

Read my post above. Killzone Shadowfall not having dedis is not major when the majorty of games run on p2p. Did you her complaints about the MP? Because I didnt.

Can you prove that all xbox games have dedis like MS promised?

@rictshard said:

And xbox does not? So you lose all your archivments if your hdd goes down under?

Thats your personall experience and not a fact.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

When psn goes down, it has a track record if being down for days. Remember apocalyPS3? Live had problems and ms is all over it fixed in no time.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

In b4 the song starts changing?

nope!

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheGreatGeneral
@FastRobby said:

I would like to have this expressed in a total amount of hours, not just the number of down times... Which do you prefer, 10 times down for 1 hour, or 1 time down for 2 days?

And also both lists look a bit too much...

Only major downtimes like 6+ hours get even reported. XBL could very well be more often down, but we would never know this because outlets would not report this.

I prefer no downtimes at all but there exist no such service in gaming.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheGreatGeneral
@FastRobby said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@FastRobby said:

I would like to have this expressed in a total amount of hours, not just the number of down times... Which do you prefer, 10 times down for 1 hour, or 1 time down for 2 days?

And also both lists look a bit too much...

Only major downtimes like 6+ hours get even reported. XBL could very well be more often down, but we would never know this because outlets would not report this.

I prefer no downtimes at all but there exist no such service in gaming.

If a service like PSN or XBL is down for +6 hours it always gets reported...

Thats exactly what I said...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

LIVE has problems: "These things happen...nothing is perfect"

PSN has problems: "FUCKING PSN SUCKS!!!!"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shewgenja

@mr_huggles_dog said:

That has been the narrative. Then again, as you can see on this forum, you can't post anything bad about the XBone without 7 or more people leaping at the opportunity to shut the thread down as soon as possible. Forget fanboyism, this place has gotten downright militant.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@Shewgenja said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

That has been the narrative. Then again, as you can see on this forum, you can't post anything bad about the XBone without 7 or more people leaping at the opportunity to shut the thread down as soon as possible. Forget fanboyism, this place has gotten downright militant.

Lemmings are playing hardball this gen. Cows would too if their console flopped so hard.

Its like lemmings and sheep are in competition to see who can spout more illogical bullshit.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Rictshard

@thegreatgeneral:

I will not go into the list wars of ps+ games because its too one sided and you are deflecting from my point.

Nice website. Here is the xbl part. I didnt count the issues but its does not look like its any better.

The argument is weather Xbox Live is better than PSN, you tried to counter that point with Playstation Plus even though

1. The games this past year have been lackluster, at least Xbox Live is giving you retail games with Games with Gold, so far I've gotten Halo Reach, Dishonored, Viva Pinata, Darksiders 2 and a few other games.

2. You lose the games if you lose your PS+ Membership, even if I canceled Gold I'd still be playing those games I have on my hard drive

I counted, Xbox Live went down 26 times since October 1st, PSN has gone down about 50. Also from what I saw Xbox Live on average would go down for 1 or 2 hours, Playstation Network anywhere from 1-6 hours on average. That's not even including the major outages or nigh daily maintenance.

Read my post above. Killzone Shadowfall not having dedis is not major when the majorty of games run on p2p. Did you her complaints about the MP? Because I didnt.

Can you prove that all xbox games have dedis like MS promised?

The majority of Playstation games may be. Microsoft invested in a 300k server center and so far

Master Chief Collection = Dedicated servers

Forza Horizon 2 = Dedicated Servers

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/131102-forza-horizon-2-review

Sunset Overdrive = Dedicated Servers

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sunset-overdrive-multiplayer-was-always-going-to-be-its-own-thing

Killer Instinct = Dedicated Servers

http://www.gameplanet.com.au/xbox-one/reviews/g52a1450a3780d/Killer-Instinct-review/?utm_source=geo&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Titanfall = Dedicated Servers

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-cloud-servers-absolutely-essential-to-titanfall/1100-6418222/

And xbox does not? So you lose all your archivments if your hdd goes down under?

Thats your personall experience and not a fact.

Nope, anytime I want to look at my achievements on Xbox 360 or Xbox One they are nigh instant, last week I beat KH 1.5 in proud mode, went to check the trophies, and it had to sync which takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes, just to check freaking trophies.

Also your achievements are saved to your Live account, So even if your Xbox blows up you retain them.

No that seems to be the standard consensus, that PSN does have slow download times. Same internet connection and I get faster download times on my 360 and Xbox One than my Sony systems.

Judging by your lackluster knowledge it's pretty obvious that you've had limited exposure to Live, which is fine and dandy but you aren't in any position to be discussing what's a better service.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Both services have issues, but PSN has a whole lot more issues than Live. Way more sign in issues, way more "Down for Maintenance" messages, and way more buggy updates. I remember Live had sign in issues for about a week after Christmas one year, Sony's whole service was down for a month due to being hacked.

All in all, they both have their issues but Live is the more stable of the 2.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL another embarassing backfire from moogenja.

No network is flawless but at least MS fix any issues promptly (and keep us updated) unlike Sony who take a month and go silent

comchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 comchild
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@rictshard said:

Cows still don't want to accept that fact that Live is a 100x better than PSN

Present me those facts.

I will start with 2 things.

Fact #1: PS+ is cheaper than XBL (50$ vs 60$)

Fact #2: PS+ has more and better games each month

http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Now I know that you want to say that XBL has less outages, but I want to see some receipts and not fanboy drivel.

How about a lemming steps up and talks facts instead of spouting bullshit.

this is true.

i've played on both systems. in fact, played on Xbox Live for 8+ years. It was great, never had any issues. Been on PSN for about 4 years. It's great, and never had any issues. The only difference was all I ever got from Xbox was Doritos Crash Course and Cataan. PS+ offerings blow XBL out of the water. I've even had Sony just drop $10.00 into my account, for no reasons, on a few different occasions.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

what are you going on about?

i have not played any game in the last 10 years that ran right until it had 2 or 3 patches.

but yeah, it is true that xbl has historically performed better than psn ever has.

and guess what, it should, it has what? a 5 year headstart?

xbl was dealing with and fixing problems and internet bullshit that came up years before psn even existed.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol man, you're desperate for straws huh? guess not having any games does that to a fanboy.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheGreatGeneral

I did not see your reply thats why I reply just now.

@rictshard said:

The argument is weather Xbox Live is better than PSN, you tried to counter that point with Playstation Plus even though

1. The games this past year have been lackluster, at least Xbox Live is giving you retail games with Games with Gold, so far I've gotten Halo Reach, Dishonored, Viva Pinata, Darksiders 2 and a few other games.

2. You lose the games if you lose your PS+ Membership, even if I canceled Gold I'd still be playing those games I have on my hard drive

1. Maybe for 360, but for the xbone gwg is just pathetic and if we take PS3 into the race its nowhere close.

2. You lose them now too, MS changed that a few months ago while still providing neither more or better games.

3. PS+ covers 3 platforms with 2 games each every month gwg only 2 and they got only 1 game for xbone (Volkarr or something)

4. December and January have retail games in PS+

5. PS+ games are higher rated.

6. Some PS+ games are day 1 games like velocity X just released and not months or years old.

@rictshard said:
I counted, Xbox Live went down 26 times since October 1st, PSN has gone down about 50. Also from what I saw Xbox Live on average would go down for 1 or 2 hours, Playstation Network anywhere from 1-6 hours on average. That's not even including the major outages or nigh daily maintenance.

Like I said I didnt count or looked too hard into the list, so I caint say if you counted right or not. But lets assume you are right with the count. This is one month which is not representive for the whole service. Im not even denying that PS+ had more outages this year.

@rictshard said:

The majority of Playstation games may be. Microsoft invested in a 300k server center and so far

Master Chief Collection = Dedicated servers

Forza Horizon 2 = Dedicated Servers

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/131102-forza-horizon-2-review

Sunset Overdrive = Dedicated Servers

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sunset-overdrive-multiplayer-was-always-going-to-be-its-own-thing

Killer Instinct = Dedicated Servers

http://www.gameplanet.com.au/xbox-one/reviews/g52a1450a3780d/Killer-Instinct-review/

Titanfall = Dedicated Servers

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-cloud-servers-absolutely-essential-to-titanfall/1100-6418222/

No, the majorty of games, multi or exclusive.

So every exclusive or "exclusive" game like titanfall has dedis on xbox. Good but in Killer Instincts situation p2p would be a better networking method for two player games like fighting games than dedis because you would connect to the other console directly instead of going trought a server.

But my original question was actually if all games on xbox use dedis, which is not the case because COD run of Activions servers and BF on EAs servers in both networks. But MS was all about "ALL GAMES HAVE DEDIS" which they used as a marketing strategy. Not to mention that Sony used dedis in the past and will use them in the future as well if needed.

KZ SF MP for example is not simple P2P but a hybride.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-will-use-dedicated-multiplayer-servers.aspx

@rictshard said:

Nope, anytime I want to look at my achievements on Xbox 360 or Xbox One they are nigh instant, last week I beat KH 1.5 in proud mode, went to check the trophies, and it had to sync which takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes, just to check freaking trophies.

Also your achievements are saved to your Live account, So even if your Xbox blows up you retain them.

No that seems to be the standard consensus, that PSN does have slow download times. Same internet connection and I get faster download times on my 360 and Xbox One than my Sony systems.

Judging by your lackluster knowledge it's pretty obvious that you've had limited exposure to Live, which is fine and dandy but you aren't in any position to be discussing what's a better service.

That was a rethorical question your archivments need to be synched on xbox too so I didnt get why you put that up as a negative and its a lot faster on PS4 than you described.

Loading Video...

Thats the whole problem I have with people that go on and on with their personal experience or like you just did with some "consensus". You say 30 seconds to 1 minute which is not true. It took 5 seconds to open the trophies and 5 to 6 seconds to sync them manually in the vid and even then its no proof.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Live has always had sporadic issues... It leaves PSN in the dust in terms of being operable.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#75 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Desperate TC is desperate.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rictshard

@thegreatgeneral:

1. Maybe for 360, but for the xbone gwg is just pathetic and if we take PS3 into the race its nowhere close.

2. You lose them now too, MS changed that a few months ago while still providing neither more or better games.

3. PS+ covers 3 platforms with 2 games each every month gwg only 2 and they got only 1 game for xbone (Volkarr or something)

4. December and January have retail games in PS+

5. PS+ games are higher rated.

6. Some PS+ games are day 1 games like velocity X just released and not months or years old.

1. They aren't going to give full retail games for the Xbox One yet just like they haven't for the PS4. That's one of the reasons I've kept my previous gen games

2. Not on the 360 at least, maybe on the One but then again Games with Gold and PS+ both suck on the Xbox One and PS4.

3. And a majority of them are indie games, at least I got Halo Reach, Darksiders 2 and Viva Pinata Paradise free in the last month.

4. 1 Retail game, Injustice, after several months of having mostly indie games.

5. Not really, Halo 3 was given away for free on Games with Gold

6. Yay more Indie Games.

Like I said I didnt count or looked too hard into the list, so I caint say if you counted right or not. But lets assume you are right with the count. This is one month which is not representive for the whole service. Im not even denying that PS+ had more outages this year.

lol I can probably through the past year and find a similar ratio. PSN has more outages in general and has had more since the service launched. And again that isn't even including major outages or the almost daily maintenance

No, the majorty of games, multi or exclusive.

So every exclusive or "exclusive" game like titanfall has dedis on xbox. Good but in Killer Instincts situation p2p would be a better networking method for two player games like fighting games than dedis because you would connect to the other console directly instead of going trought a server.

But my original question was actually if all games on xbox use dedis, which is not the case because COD run of Activions servers and BF on EAs servers in both networks. But MS was all about "ALL GAMES HAVE DEDIS" which they used as a marketing strategy. Not to mention that Sony used dedis in the past and will use them in the future as well if needed.

KZ SF MP for example is not simple P2P but a hybride.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-will-use-dedicated-multiplayer-servers.aspx

I didn't know that about COD and Battlefield and that's a good point on developers who want to run their own servers. Also considering how good Killer Instinct runs compared to last gen fighting games using Dedicated Servers was the right decision. A lot of people have praised the netcode in KI.

Killzone SF is a game that should of used dedicated servers, people were pissed about the lack of dedicated servers, even if they use virtualzation like Sony has in the past instead of physical servers.

That was a rethorical question your archivments need to be synched on xbox too so I didnt get why you put that up as a negative and its a lot faster on PS4 than you described.

I can go to my Xbox Live achievements in the span of a few seconds. Good find on the PS4 trophy sync though, it looks like they improved it a lot from the PS3 which was abysmal. I've only played my PS4 a grand total of 4 times in the past year so I'll have to check it out for myself.

That being said the only positive brought up in favor of PS+ is the amount of games you get across 3 platforms, if this was 2012-2013 I'd agree, they've cut back on the number of full retail games though.

@lundy86_4 said:

Live has always had sporadic issues... It leaves PSN in the dust in terms of being operable.

Agreed, this is the most important thing, the fact that Live works a majority of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Shewgenja

@mems_1224 said:

lol man, you're desperate for straws huh? guess not having any games does that to a fanboy.

@GreySeal9 said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

Sooo. Online services have occasional issues. Okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@Shewgenja

LOL, try harder at trying hard, you're swimming in SEWAGE.

XBL resolves problems much faster than Wiley Coyote can outrun the Roadrunner. Can't say much about PSN. It's 2011 Online debacle is proof of that. And it's literally "highway" robbery for PSN paying customers. Yeah, the service gets the job done if you can call it a "job done." But Sony (as well as Nintendo) haven't the slightest clue what the **** to do, it's infrastructure needs some serious work. MS is good at it because that's been the company's experience with Networking, in Business Servers, IT Consulting, etc.

@lundy86_4 said:

Yup, pretty much this.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@mems_1224 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Works both ways, dude. Drop the schtick.