deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is interesting rhetoric that I have noticed from Xbox fans for a very long time, albeit one that I have decided to never actually comment on much so far. But between the cancellation of Scalebound yesterday, Gravity Rush 2 getting a 9 on Gamespot today, and the comparison of PS4 and Xbox One lineups in the wake of those two things, and seeing Xbox fans' comments and responses to all of those, I decided that it was time to set the record straight.

'No one cares for weeaboo games.'

That's what Xbox fans usually say when PS4 exclusives such as Gravity Rush, Persona, or Nier are listed, instead falling back on old, tried and tested mass market genres like shooters and racers as things they do prefer. Here's the problem with what they say:

• For starters, it is now very clear that people do care for 'weaboo' games. Not literally, and in the same sense as they care for Uncharted or Gears of War- Persona 5 will not sell Halo 5 numbers, and Yakuza 0 is not Grand Theft Auto. That's not what I am getting at. I'm saying that these so called weaboo games add depth and dimension to a system's library, flesh it out beyond the mainstream AAA games that can be had on any platform, provide for a nice change of pace. They expand appeal to more demographics beyond just the average mainstream customer- someone who is interested in anime, or otaku culture, or Japanese games, is now going to consider your console because you have a massive library appealing to them.
    And yes, that demographic is significant- the other arguments that Xbox owners make is that not enough people care. But if that's the case, I have a question: why is it that Sony, who actually take the time to flesh out their library and lineup every generation, with games of all kinds including Japanese games, have outsold Xbox every single generation so far? Why is it that the only time Xbox put up a competitive performance, with the Xbox 360, they actually had some significant Japanese support on the system, exclusive or multiplat? There is a very clear correlation here- tell me, if no one cares about weeaboo games, why has Xbox had its ass handed to it every single generation by Sony or Nintendo (who are also big on Japanese game support, coincidentally enough), except for the one time that Xbox actually had some Japanese games worth a damn?
  • The best part- Xbox owners do care about 'weeaboo'games- as long as they are actually on their system. Seriously- look at how excited Xbox owners get about Lost Odyssey. Look at how much general anticipation there was for Scalebound- people who absolutely loath the Japanese game making style and aesthetic were mysteriously hyped for Scalebound. Hell, right now we have a certain Xbox fan spamming a list of upcoming Xbox games that includes a title like Raiden V, which is literally the nichiest of niche Japanese games that there is. There are prominent Xbox fans who claim to have been Sega fans first, simply transitioning to Xbox because it seemed to be the successor for Sega- and Sega was the most Japanese company out there in terms of the games it put out. Xbox owners don't hate Japanese games, they hate games not on their system, and convince themselves that's because they don't care for literally entire genres, and a subset of the market and development community, in the process.
  • The highest rated games of any generation are Japanese, 'weeaboo' games. I'm not going to get into the general dominance of Japanese games on consoles prior to the Xbox's debut- that is, at this point, well known. Instead, let's look at the generations since- in the PS2 era, Japanese companies still dominated the scene, with games like Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and so on. In the Xbox 360 generation, when the so called decline of Japanese gaming started, some of the highest rated games came from Japan. Metal Gear Solid 4, as an example. Street Fighter 4, as another. But arguably one of the most influential games of the previous generation was Dark Souls (ironically a sequel to the kind of game that Xbox fans on this board dismiss as 'weeaboo crap'), and that was a Japanese game. This generation, Japanese games like Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Final Fantasy 15, and highly anticipated upcoming games like Resident Evil 7, are all Japanese games. The highest rated Xbox One game of the generation so far is a Japanese game!

So the Xbox fan argument that tries to explain the lack of depth in the Xbox lineup, or dismiss upcoming exclusives in the PS4 lineup, is facile. it is an inconsistent argument that mysteriously stops applying when the Xbox does get a prominent upcoming Japanese game, factually incorrect, which can be demonstrated and proven with irrefutable numbers and statistical correlation, and completely ignorant of the larger state of the medium. So, my plea to all Xbox fans- wake up. People do care for weeaboo games, if as a whole. That's the reason Xbox gets its ass handed to it every generation by a platform that is full of them.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Do you even know what weeaboo games are? If so why are you mentioning games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid? They are made by Japanese devs but are not considered weeaboo games.

Also lol you're still gonna pretend like you don't have it out for the Xbox brand? It's clear you hate it now. No need to hide it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69586 Posts

Weeaboos like yourself care about Weeaboo games. And its obvious that you are deeply disheartened when others don't give a shit a about your beloved Weeaboo game. Get over it. Play your Weeaboo game and move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

What the hell is weeabee and who came up with that dumb term LOL.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I've been around for a while and I still really don't understand wtf a 'weeaboo' is supposed to be. I always dismiss it as a label used by the lesser gamer in an attempt to reduce the significance of a game or user simply because they lack an argument of any merit. Gravity Rush doesn't look like the type of game I would enjoy, but I'm not foolish enough to write it off because my personal opinion is not as favorable as someone elses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:

Do you even know what weeaboo games are? If so why are you mentioning games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid? They are made by Japanese devs but are not considered weeaboo games.

I'm extending the argument to all Japanese games, but even if I kept it to just 'weeaboo games', the reception of games like Bayonetta, Persona, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, would still keep the arguments in the OP intact inasmuch as game reception goes. The larger argument for system sales would apply regardless of what a 'weeaboo game' (a very liquid term, btw) is.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can also turn to Otaku but that is equally terrible but the self proclaim Otaku is oblivious to that reality.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@Juub1990 said:

Also lol you're still gonna pretend like you don't have it out for the Xbox brand? It's clear you hate it now. No need to hide it.

He is going to pretend that he doesn't have an agenda.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Juub1990
@charizard1605 said:

I'm extending the argument to all Japanese games, but even if I kept it to just 'weeaboo games', the reception of games like Bayonetta, Persona, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, would still keep the arguments in the OP intact inasmuch as game reception goes. The larger argument for system sales would apply regardless of what a 'weeaboo game' (a very liquid term, btw) is.

Metal Gear isn't a weeaboo game. Your prized JRPG's are weeaboo games. Katamari Damaci is a weeaboo game and for the most part the west doesn't care about them. Yeah they'll sell a couple of copies but compare them to the real heavy hitters and their sales are laughable.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can also turn to Otaku but that is equally terrible but the self proclaim Otaku is oblivious to that reality.

I'm glad I don't know half the terms in here LOL. I just stick to the basics like fanboy or troll, that's as far as I'll go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Metal Gear isn't a weeaboo game. Your prized JRPG's are weeaboo games. Katamari Damaci is a weeaboo game and for the most part the west doesn't care about them. Yeah they'll sell a couple of copies but compare them to the real heavy hitters and their sales are laughable.

And we're back to an argument I already pre-empted in the OP- individual 'weeaboo games' may never sell as much as the heavy hitters, but cumulatively, they add enough depth and dimension to a library to where it makes a tangible difference in sales performance.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I like a few of them. Lost Odyssey has been my favorite so far in the few true ones I played.

I have high hopes for Persona 5.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

Anddddd, the MS/Xbox Seam Campaign continues in earnest. I thought you left this place? lol :P

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Juub1990
@charizard1605 said:

And we're back to an argument I already pre-empted in the OP- individual 'weeaboo games' may never sell as much as the heavy hitters, but cumulatively, they add enough depth and dimension to a library to where it makes a tangible difference in sales performance.

And who said otherwise? What exactly are you trying to prove? I mean your smear campaign is out in full force and you've been adding oil to the dumpster fire of the Xbox One since you came back. Nobody said weeaboo games aren't selling. We're saying the west doesn't care much for them and for the most part it's true. Persona might score a 90 on Metacritic but it still won't do amazing numbers simply because people in the west don't really like these kind of games.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

People don't consider every Japanese game a weeabo game, correct?

Weeaboo games are usually games like Naruto And Tales of Xillia or something similar right? Usually games are Japanese and anime based ?

I love Japanese games. I am not sure what makes a game a weeabo game and I don't care as long the story doesn't make me vomit.

But I am not an American or an Xbox fan.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

The PlayStation brand (from Japan), including consoles and their floundering handhelds, as well as Nintendo brand (from Japan) ARE WEEABOO gaming systems. The Xbox is an American and European system, and probably has sold NEGATIVE consoles in Japan. Microsoft isn't gonna WEEABOO the Xbox when nobody in Japan would buy it anyway. Japan isn't a big enough market for them. Look at how the Vita flopped there and even the PS4 japanese sales are not that great. With Nier, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh, PS4 sales should pick up there. But they are a handheld market first and foremost which is why Nintendo owns that place with their handheld.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Before i continue reading the OP, i don't think Nier is a weeaboo game...i don't like such games (it's merely subjective tho) but i can't wait for Nier.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41540 Posts

I actually REALLY hate the term weeaboo, especially since what it's become. If you like even just one thing from Japan, you're apparently a weeaboo.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kvally

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Pedro said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I'm glad I don't know half the terms in here LOL. I just stick to the basics like fanboy or troll, that's as far as I'll go.

Doesn't it make you think of Peek-A-Boo?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56150 Posts

@charizard1605: So you want fanservice now?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Xbox should be America only, they can keep what they like and the same for the rest of the world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SecretPolice said:

Anddddd, the MS/Xbox Seam Campaign continues in earnest. I thought you left this place? lol :P

@Juub1990 said:

And who said otherwise? What exactly are you trying to prove? I mean your smear campaign is out in full force and you've been adding oil to the dumpster fire of the Xbox One since you came back. Nobody said weeaboo games aren't selling. We're saying the west doesn't care much for them and for the most part it's true. Persona might score a 90 on Metacritic but it still won't do amazing numbers simply because people in the west don't really like these kind of games.

When your response to me is an attack on me, rather than what I am saying, I know you have nothing meaningful to add.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@davillain- said:

@charizard1605: So you want fanservice now?

... no?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Juub1990
@charizard1605 said:

When your response to me is an attack on me, rather than what I am saying, I know you have nothing meaningful to add.

And that's where your wrong. I answered you AND I attacked you(and since when is calling out what you do a personal attack). I didn't attack you instead of answering you.

Still you can stop pretending like you care about the Xbox when you obviously don't.

Funniest part is you paint the entire Xbox fanbase with the same brush. I know plenty of Sony fans who don't care for weeaboo games either. It's a cultural division. Not one of Sony vs Microsoft but rather one of East vs West. You're trying to start shit over something that is a false narrative to begin with.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Whelp. 1st post already mad as hell. Chaz's thread are still the best.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Xbox should be America only, they can keep what they like and the same for the rest of the world.

It practically is already. It was launched as an NAbox and is still an NAbox. Just one of the feathers in the cap of its downfall into undesirability.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44228 Posts

Weeaboo always struck me as such a dumb term, I still don't think that I actually really know what it's suppose to mean. Anyway I'm an Xbox fan and while I love my Halo, Gears, and Forza games I also very much love a great deal of Japanese games such as Persona, Street Fighter, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, the list goes on and on. It makes me sad to see games from those franchises not getting an Xbox One version, many of those franchises are ones that I've played since their beginning. Eventually I'll get a PS4 system but I'd really like to see more Japanese games be available on the Xbox One as well since it's my preferred system.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
Why is it that the only time Xbox put up a competitive performance, with the Xbox 360, they actually had some significant Japanese support on the system, exclusive or multiplat?

If that is true, then the top-selling games for the 360 should reflect that. Does it?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kvally

@Random_Matt said:

Xbox is an American/Euro box. They should pull out of ALL Asia though. It has to be costing them more to be there than not.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990

@Desmonic said:

So a mod openly trolling an entire fanbase is the best huh? No wonder people say System Wars is garbage.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

i agree with you but i'm baffled right now about the term ... do we count Japanese games as "weeaboo" games?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#32 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41540 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Why? That's one of the stupidest business ideas I've ever heard (and I get credit with dumb business ideas by the TC himself). Just because XBOX fails in Japan (not sure about the rest of Asia they're allowed, but I imagine they do well) doesn't mean the rest of the world (including Japan, where XBOX at LEAST has a cult following) should be restricted.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#33  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2954 Posts

Guys face it Super Mario? Weeaboo. Pokemon. Weeaboo. Gravity Rush 2? Super sugoi desu weeaboo.

Of the Weeaboo series, I actually like Tales of but that series is like the Call of Duty of RPGs. They must be like using the same engine since Xillia 1, reskin things, add some new characters, throw in a cliche cheesy plot and call it a day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@charizard1605 said:
Why is it that the only time Xbox put up a competitive performance, with the Xbox 360, they actually had some significant Japanese support on the system, exclusive or multiplat?

If that is true, then the top-selling games for the 360 should reflect that. Does it?

Of course not. Like I say, no single 'weeaboo game' will pull in large numbers- it's the effect the cumulative sum total of them have on a platform's library.

@Juub1990 said:

And that's where your wrong. I answered you AND I attacked you(and since when is calling out what you do a personal attack). I didn't attack you instead of answering you.

Still you can stop pretending like you care about the Xbox when you obviously don't.

Funniest part is you paint the entire Xbox fanbase with the same brush. I know plenty of Sony fans who don't care for weeaboo games either. It's a cultural division. Not one of Sony vs Microsoft but rather one of East vs West. You're trying to start shit over something that is a false narrative to begin with.

Thanks for telling me what I do and don't care about. You weren't here last generation, I spent the entire time championing the Xbox 360, right until the very end, and I used to make threads on an almost daily basis calling Sony out on their bullshit. Funnily enough, I didn't get a catchy phrase like 'smear campaign' back then.

And there are more Xbox fans who brush off 'weeaboo games' than there are fans of any other system- those are the ones I am addressing. They are the ones who always say 'these games don't count, no one cares for weeaboo games.'

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I guess your strawman doesn't really work. Everyone with half a brain knows that tastes are different and that some genres work for others. I'm pretty sure people calling games weeaboo are trolls dismissing games they have no personal interest in. I'm also pretty sure that it is a very subjective term. Some might already think MGS is weeaboo with all the crazy stuff in it while others only dismiss games like GunGals or DoAE or visual novels

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Juub1990

@charizard1605 said:

Of course not. Like I say, no single 'weeaboo game' will pull in large numbers- it's the effect the cumulative sum total of them have on a platform's library.

Thanks for telling me what I do and don't care about. You weren't here last generation, I spent the entire time championing the Xbox 360, right until the very end, and I used to make threads on an almost daily basis calling Sony out on their bullshit. Funnily enough, I didn't get a catchy phrase like 'smear campaign' back then.

And there are more Xbox fans who brush off 'weeaboo games' than there are fans of any other system- those are the ones I am addressing. They are the ones who always say 'these games don't count, no one cares for weeaboo games.'

What you did 10 years ago is irrelevant to how things stand now. You've been pouring oil all over the fire lately.

Doesn't matter that a vocal minority of Xbox fans trash weeaboo games. Most of the fanbase embrace all kinds of games and a couple of jolly idiots won't change that. Why aren't you addressing the huge chunk of Sony fans that don't like weeaboo games? You're acting like dudebro gamers on a PS4 is a rare sight when it is every bit as common as on Xbox. No instead you specifically attack a group of Xbox fans and go on to generalize the entire fanbase. Then you have the nerve to cry foul when people call you out for your very obvious trolling. It would be funny if your post was accurate but it's not. It's simply hypocritcal.

Really there are more Xbox fans who brush off weeaboo games? You have a statistic to back that up? Or are you just making this up like your entire post?

The division is cultural far more than it is about fanbase. That's what your OP should be about. Instead you use that as ammunition for excrement flinging.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@suicidesn0wman said:

I've been around for a while and I still really don't understand wtf a 'weeaboo' is supposed to be. I always dismiss it as a label used by the lesser gamer in an attempt to reduce the significance of a game or user simply because they lack an argument of any merit. Gravity Rush doesn't look like the type of game I would enjoy, but I'm not foolish enough to write it off because my personal opinion is not as favorable as someone elses.

Okay folks, to answer your question on the term Weeaboo: A weeaboo is a slur used by one set of fans, who undoubtedly consider themselves older, wiser and more cultured, about any group of annoying and/or young fans whose passion runs ahead of their sense. Nothing wrong with liking anime, learning Japanese and being interested in the culture. Just as long as you don't throw away your own culture and disrespect the culture, then you're not a Weeaboo. Seriously, people need to understand what a Weeaboo really is before using it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Amazon would certainly disagree with their assessment. Considering that FFXV was one of the biggest selling games of 2016.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

What you did 10 years ago is irrelevant to how things stand now. You've been pouring oil all over the fire lately.

Doesn't matter that a vocal minority of Xbox fans trash weeaboo games. Most of the fanbase embrace all kinds of games and a couple of jolly idiots won't change that. Why aren't you addressing the huge chunk of Sony fans that don't like weeaboo games? You're acting like dudebro gamers on a PS4 is a rare sight when it is every bit as common as on Xbox. No instead you specifically attack a group of Xbox fans and go on to generalize the entire fanbase. Then you have the nerve to cry foul when people call you out for your very obvious trolling. It would be funny if your post was accurate but it's not. It's simply hypocritcal.

Really there are more Xbox fans who brush off weeaboo games? You have a statistic to back that up? Or are you just making this up like your entire post?

If most of the fanbase embrace all kinds of games... why aren't all kinds of games on the platform?

@Juub1990 said:
@Desmonic said:

So a mod openly trolling an entire fanbase is the best huh? No wonder people say System Wars is garbage.

You really need to be acquainted with @Stevo_the_gamer to know what a mod actually trolling an entire fanbase actually looks like. Me, I just try engaging in discussion- just because I am a mod doesn't make me some kind of entity not allowed to have my own opinions, likes, dislikes, and biases.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#40 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

by weaboo I'm pretty sure they mean games like these (Note: Yes I'm aware those are not PS4 exclusives! I'm simply illustrating what the xbox people are referring to as weeboo games, you can't deny that the PS has an abundance of these kinds of games when compared to the Xbox):

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Juub1990

@charizard1605 said:

If most of the fanbase embrace all kinds of games... why aren't all kinds of games on the platform?

Last I checked the guys up at Microsoft decide what games gets the green light. Not the fans.

You really need to be acquainted with @Stevo_the_gamer to know what a mod actually trolling an entire fanbase actually looks like. Me, I just try engaging in discussion- just because I am a mod doesn't make me some kind of entity not allowed to have my own opinions, likes, dislikes, and biases.

Never said otherwise but when you open your post by generalizing an entire fanbase based on a false narrative right after the most anticipated game of the year has been canceled I call that trolling. That's on top of all the controversy you've been generating lately. Hell I troll all the time but at least I am honest about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

Amazon would certainly disagree with their assessment. Considering that FFXV was one of the biggest selling games of 2016.

Right, the three highest selling games of 2016: Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, and Final Fantasy 15's PS4 version. But no, no one cares for weeaboo games, and yes, most Xbox fans openly embrace all kinds of games.

firedguy33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By firedguy33
Member since 2016 • 133 Posts

I'm not going to make statements about a genre in general, but I don't really find Persona and Gravity Rush that interesting.

NBA 2K18 can get 9s and 10s and most people wouldn't care about it. That's how I feel.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kvally

The Last Guardian is a Weeaboo game, and the sales flopped as did the score. But yet it is on a Weeaboo console. Why is that? Personally, I am finding it to be the best game on PS Pro to date, next to Journey. So just because something is Weeaboo on a weeaboo console doesn't mean everyone wants it.

We need Japanese culture on consoles, even in Europe and America. Some of the best games come from there.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Char at it again. Go back on your SWs break and give up your mod status troll.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

@Dark_sageX: Xbox brand is American home vs Sony's PlayStation is Japan's home. Big difference culture.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@suicidesn0wman said:

Okay folks, to answer your question on the term Weeaboo: A weeaboo is a slur used by one set of fans, who undoubtedly consider themselves older, wiser and more cultured, about any group of annoying and/or young fans whose passion runs ahead of their sense. Nothing wrong with liking anime, learning Japanese and being interested in the culture. Just as long as you don't throw away your own culture and disrespect the culture, then you're not a Weeaboo. Seriously, people need to understand what a Weeaboo really is before using it.

I don't like the idea of any label that segregates one group from another. Why can't we all just be gamers and respect the fact others aren't going to like every single game we like, and vice versa.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kingtito said:

@charizard1605 said:

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@kingtito said:

Oh really? Would you mind explaining to me how Charizard1605 is a troll moderator? Cause all I see is just a simple SW discussion on why Anime games sell more then Xbox gamers think they don't.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Juub1990

@charizard1605 said:

When three different members call out your trolling maybe just maybe there is some truth to it?