Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

When three different members call out your trolling maybe just maybe there is some truth to it?

Right, that's how things are determined on System Wars, whatever the most number of people say obviously has to be the truth.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

Nice try weeaboo!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@davillain- said:
@kingtito said:

Char at it again. Go back on your SWs break and give up your mod status troll.

Oh really? Would you mind explaining to me how Charizard1605 is a troll moderator? Cause all I see is just a simple SW discussion on why Anime games sell more then Xbox gamers think they don't.

That a serious question? Char has been making threads like this for years. "PS4 greatest console of all time" type of threads. Yeah he's a troll and this isn't the 1st time I've said it nor am I the 1st.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@charizard1605: Better than just brushing it off and blatantly ignoring you painting a fanbase with a brush and making your post right after Scalebound has been canceled. Kick'em while they're down right?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#55 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

He is trolling. Oddly enough, when a very similar thread comes out about the PS brand, it gets locked. Double standards.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Of course not. Like I say, no single 'weeaboo game' will pull in large numbers- it's the effect the cumulative sum total of them have on a platform's library.

Personally, there's no better vote of confidence for a game than handing over your money. If Japanese game purchases are small for 360 gamers, then the lemmings have a point in brushing them off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:

@charizard1605: Better than just brushing it off and blatantly ignoring you painting a fanbase with a brush and making your post right after Scalebound has been canceled. Kick rm while they're down right?

Or use it as a catalyst to vocalize thoughts, opinions, and discussions that it either induced, or made more pertinent.

But no, why should I be allowed to engage in any discussion or voice my opinions? I am a mod!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@kingtito: And again, I don't see this thread nor his other threads trolling. This is SW after all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@charizard1605 said:

Of course not. Like I say, no single 'weeaboo game' will pull in large numbers- it's the effect the cumulative sum total of them have on a platform's library.

Personally, there's no better vote of confidence for a game than handing over your money. If Japanese game purchases are small for 360 gamers, then the lemmings have a point in brushing them off.

And the fallout of that is that Xbox routinely gets outsold by games that do have 'weeaboo games,' so... no?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Things I learned with this thread: The Last Guardian flopped (9/10 @ Gamespot). The more you know!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Juub1990

@charizard1605: And I've already addressed the false premise of your OP. You just keep ignoring it but by all means pretend you're interested in discussing your opinion.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kvally

@charizard1605 said:
@Juub1990 said:

@charizard1605: Better than just brushing it off and blatantly ignoring you painting a fanbase with a brush and making your post right after Scalebound has been canceled. Kick rm while they're down right?

Or use it as a catalyst to vocalize thoughts, opinions, and discussions that it either induced, or made more pertinent.

But no, why should I be allowed to engage in any discussion or voice my opinions?

So why lock other threads that do the same thing?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Japanese developed games are making a comeback. Meanwhile Western studios are pooping the bed lately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:

@charizard1605: And I've already addressed the false premise of your OP. You just keep ignoring it but by all means pretend you're interested in discussing your opinion.

I responded to your response as well (you were the one who ended that line of discussion, my last post to you remains unanswered). And I continue responding to others who are actually bothering to make counterpoints to what they said in this very thread. So yeah, I am pretty interested in discussing my opinion, thanks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Shewgenja said:

Amazon would certainly disagree with their assessment. Considering that FFXV was one of the biggest selling games of 2016.

Right, the three highest selling games of 2016: Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, and Final Fantasy 15's PS4 version. But no, no one cares for weeaboo games, and yes, most Xbox fans openly embrace all kinds of games.

I've had my eyes opened with the fallout from Scalebound in terms of the XBox fanbase. I'm actually convinced that a majority of them do not feel the way that the vocal minority does. I openly admit that my blanket statements about the XBox fanbase have been wrong these past few years. However, there is a vocal contingent of haters that have hijacked the XBox from the actual good fans the console has.

After all. It's undeniable that the XBox had its best days during the early 360 era when not only were they bringing pain to Sony's doorstep but they were also consciously making an effort to cultivate Japanese development support. Once upon a time, XBox fans were absolutely chomping at the bit to "steal" games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, and many others. When they rolled up the carpet and focused on Kinect, things went in the direction we see now. Many XBox fans are suffering from the whiplash effect. They bought a box, watched E3 and got hyped, then the games just don't show up. It's not what they bargained for and they aren't happy. Why should they be?

This gen is a FAR cry from the Microsoft that won gaming gems like Lost Odyssey. The "Weaboo Games Suck Patrol" are literally killing the XBox. Sadly, it's blatantly evident that MS is listening to that subset of hardcore fans the past six years and their business is suffering for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Do you even know what weeaboo games are? If so why are you mentioning games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid? They are made by Japanese devs but are not considered weeaboo games.

Also lol you're still gonna pretend like you don't have it out for the Xbox brand? It's clear you hate it now. No need to hide it.

That's because the term has been perverted by fanboys to include ANYTHING Japanese. A really shitty tactic employed by losers.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@davillain- said:

@kingtito: And again, I don't see this thread nor his other threads trolling. This is SW after all.

That's nice but I do see it that way as do others. You hell bent on trying to change my opinion? I saw Char as a troll even before he became a mod. Don't like my opinion? That's fine, just ignore my post.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Juub1990
@charizard1605 said:

I responded to your response as well (you were the one who ended that line of discussion, my last post to you remains unanswered). And I continue responding to others who are actually bothering to make counterpoints to what they said in this very thread. So yeah, I am pretty interested in discussing my opinion, thanks.

No you haven't. You said more Xbox fans say they aren't interested in weeaboo games and I asked you to back that up with actual data and you haven't answered that.

You asked "why aren't there more games on the platform" and I answered your the guys up at Microsoft decide that. I thought we were discussing the fans' opnions and not the guys running the show.

I said the divide has nothing to do with Xbox vs Playstation and that it was far more cultural than platform based and you blatantly ignored that as well. As if brogamers or weeaboo haters aren't a common sight on Playstation.

A vocal minority of idiots is an entire fanbase now.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@charizard1605: This is the worst thread you have ever made. When I make fun of Weeaboo games, I mean Japanese games the shoehorn their crappy "Anime" and J-Pop culture in their games. You know, extremely niche games like Hatsune Miku? Do I make fun of Persona? Yes I do! Do I make fun of Dark Souls, MGS, and Resident Evil? No, because they sell unlike those Tales games and other supposely "huge" demands that Japanese game fans all hype when they have no clue that they're a huge minority that sounds very loud in internet gaming forums.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Two mods clearly showing their favoritism and or contempt for a system in this thread. eh, it's not like it was ever a well kept secret or anything.

Hey Steveo and Artist and where's mac... get yo azz in here and give at least the illusion of balance will ya? lolol :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kvally

@Desmonic said:

Things I learned with this thread: The Last Guardian flopped (9/10 @ Gamespot). The more you know!

You must have missed a bunch of other threads...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

No you haven't. You said more Xbox fans say they aren't interested in weeaboo games and I asked you to back that up with actual data and you haven't answered that.

You asked "why aren't there more games on the platform" and I answered your the guys up at Microsoft decide that. I thought we were discussing the fans' opnions and not the guys running the show.

I said the divide has nothing to do with Xbox vs Playstation and that it was far more cultural than platform based and you blatantly ignored that as well. As if brogamers or weeaboo haters aren't a common sight on Playstation.

Gotta be honest, I never actually saw that post, apologies there.

To respond to that, no, it's not just the higher ups at Microsoft that make those decisions. Third parties decide that too- if Japanese third parties are deciding en masse that they won't support Xbox, after supporting Xbox for years with Xbox 360, that has to mean something, right? What does it mean? Most likely, it means that those games aren't being purchased, and therefore supported or accepted, by Xbox owners. How, then, is that indication that the Xbox fanbase accepts those games?

And how exactly is it culture based? I need to point out that hating on 'weeaboo gamers' was never a thing until the Xbox came on to the scene.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

Two mods clearly showing their favoritism and or contempt for a system in this thread. eh, it's not like it was ever a well kept secret or anything.

Hey Steveo and Artist and where's mac... get yo azz in here and give at least the illusion of balance will ya? lolol :P

Maybe if MS would focus on diversifying their game lineup, we would have all the balance we need without appealing to platform partisans to even the playing field?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@charizard1605: This is the worst thread you have ever made. When I make fun of Weeaboo games, I mean Japanese games the shoehorn their crappy "Anime" and J-Pop culture in their games. You know, extremely niche games like Hatsune Miku? Do I make fun of Persona? Yes I do! Do I make fun of Dark Souls, MGS, and Resident Evil? No, because they sell unlike those Tales games and other supposely "huge" demands that Japanese game fans all hype when they have no clue that they're a huge minority that sounds very loud in internet gaming forums.

And yet, as I point out, you are wrong for dismissing those games, because the cumulative effect of those games is that the PlayStation consistently outsells the competition.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kvally

@SecretPolice said:

Damage control for the Gravity Rush 2 flop I suspect.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

What the hell is weeabee and who came up with that dumb term LOL.

@suicidesn0wman said:

I've been around for a while and I still really don't understand wtf a 'weeaboo' is supposed to be. I always dismiss it as a label used by the lesser gamer in an attempt to reduce the significance of a game or user simply because they lack an argument of any merit. Gravity Rush doesn't look like the type of game I would enjoy, but I'm not foolish enough to write it off because my personal opinion is not as favorable as someone elses.

Okay folks, to answer your question on the term Weeaboo: A weeaboo is a slur used by one set of fans, who undoubtedly consider themselves older, wiser and more cultured, about any group of annoying and/or young fans whose passion runs ahead of their sense. Nothing wrong with liking anime, learning Japanese and being interested in the culture. Just as long as you don't throw away your own culture and disrespect the culture, then you're not a Weeaboo. Seriously, people need to understand what a Weeaboo really is before using it.

I mean I never used the term cause I never heard it before LOL.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

Maybe if MS would focus on diversifying their game lineup, we would have all the balance we need without appealing to platform partisans to even the playing field?

But they (MS) do diversify their line up. Even check out their most recent Weeaboo game, ReCore from Microsoft. I know a ton of people that like that game. Look at the outcry gamers had for getting Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as BC, and MS listened.

Though I haven't played ReCore, so I should just STFU :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

Haven't a clue what you're talking about. The X1 has every genre covered with more games than a human being could possibly play in a lifetime and with a biggie coming soon that Sony/Nintendo have nothing quite like it, Sea of Thieves. Me thinks you need an X1S in a bad way mah friend. Just sayin.. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Shewgenja

@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

But they (MS) do diversify their line up.

You're right. Everything is okay. How could Microsoft possibly improve on the perfection that is their game lineup? Sorry, I see the light now.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kvally

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@davillain- said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

What the hell is weeabee and who came up with that dumb term LOL.

@suicidesn0wman said:

I've been around for a while and I still really don't understand wtf a 'weeaboo' is supposed to be. I always dismiss it as a label used by the lesser gamer in an attempt to reduce the significance of a game or user simply because they lack an argument of any merit. Gravity Rush doesn't look like the type of game I would enjoy, but I'm not foolish enough to write it off because my personal opinion is not as favorable as someone elses.

Okay folks, to answer your question on the term Weeaboo: A weeaboo is a slur used by one set of fans, who undoubtedly consider themselves older, wiser and more cultured, about any group of annoying and/or young fans whose passion runs ahead of their sense. Nothing wrong with liking anime, learning Japanese and being interested in the culture. Just as long as you don't throw away your own culture and disrespect the culture, then you're not a Weeaboo. Seriously, people need to understand what a Weeaboo really is before using it.

To me it comes across as a trolling name, like Eurotrash, Murica, Weeaboo. Just childish BS. That is why I don't use the terms Lems, Cows, Hermits anymore. Just stooping to their level.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@kvally: I don't think you understand what the word flop means. Whatever makes your boat float though.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

When three different members call out your trolling maybe just maybe there is some truth to it?

Not really. Of the 3, only you made decent arguments. The other 2 are just full fledged fan boys,

Sony has a more diverse library and are willing to take more risk than MS. Thats why they are leading this gen.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kvally

@Desmonic said:

@kvally: I don't think you understand what the word flop means. Whatever makes your boat float though.

Oh I do. I just move the goal posts here like everyone else does.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

You're right. Everything is okay. How could Microsoft possibly improve on the perfection that is their game lineup? Sorry, I see the light now.

Hey now, don't get cute with me lol I kid but really never said that, only stating the Fax mam, X1 has all genres covered with more than enough games to keep any gamer busier than a cat trying to cover shit on a marble floor and that's damn busy if ya know what I mean. :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

Haven't a clue what you're talking about. The X1 has every genre covered with more games than a human being could possibly play in a lifetime and with a biggie coming soon that Sony/Nintendo have nothing quite like it, Sea of Thieves. Me thinks you need an X1S in a bad way mah friend. Just sayin.. :P

I guess you were joking? I'd like to see a list of all visual novels, dating sims or sims in general. When we focus on the X1 alone, it barely has any (turn-based) strategy games, jrpgs or mmorpgs. And that's just a few genres that came to my mind

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@kvally said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@davillain- said:

To me it comes across as a trolling name, like Eurotrash, Murica, Weeaboo. Just childish BS. That is why I don't use the terms Lems, Cows, Hermits anymore. Just stooping to their level.

Yep, I stopped using them a long time ago as well, they're just derogatory terms meant to demean someone for being different.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

I never said it couldn't be better. I agree that they need more Japanese games, but they sure as **** ain't gonna make them if Japanese aint buying their console. You realize Microsoft has given up on Japan. They will be an American/Euro box going forward.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Juub1990
@charizard1605 said:

To respond to that, no, it's not just the higher ups at Microsoft that make those decisions. Third parties decide that too- if Japanese third parties are deciding en masse that they won't support Xbox, after supporting Xbox for years with Xbox 360, that has to mean something, right? What does it mean? Most likely, it means that those games aren't being purchased, and therefore supported or accepted, by Xbox owners. How, then, is that indication that the Xbox fanbase accepts those games?

And how exactly is it culture based? I need to point out that hating on 'weeaboo gamers' was never a thing until the Xbox came on to the scene.

In the end the guys at Microsoft give the green light or red light. There are factors influencing their decisions but they are the ones who have the final say. You asking why there aren't a greater variety of games as if the fanbase doesn't want them because the management decides not to release them is circular logic and ignores who really decides what gets released on the platform.

The Xbox 360 had a year head start over the PS3 and didn't start with the debacle of Don Mattrick and Kinect. Whether or not the 360 having more weeaboo games was a deciding factor or not remains to be proven.

It's culture based because the divide is East vs West. Japan vs NA/Europe. It has nothing to do with the Xbox brand vs PS brand. Japanese games tend to be more successful on the PS because it has a larger footprint in Japan and is by far the more popular console and Japanese games tend to appeal more to Japanese gamers. They appeal less to western gamers because they are simply less culturally ingrained here and are not part of our gaming culture as much as games like DOOM or Halo are. It has nothing to do with Xbox fans shunning weeaboo games.

Weeaboo is a meme and a satire kinda like PC Master Race. To further prove my point why isn't PC a haven for JRPG's? Until recently Japanese publishers mostly ignored the PC and favored consoles. Hell the biggest weeaboo game of the year isn't even confirmed on PC yet. PC gaming simply isn't that big in Japan and PC gamers hating on weeaboo games is as common if not more common than Xbox gamers hating on them. Know where the majority of PC gamers are?(ignoring China)? They're in the west too. Iconic PC games like Half-Life, Counter-Strike or Diablo are awfully similar to iconic Xbox games like Halo or Fable aren't they? That's simply because PC is traditionally a western platform, just like Xbox.

Give Xbox gamers a plethora of Japanese games and they won't shun them any more than PS gamers do. They both have a bunch of idiots who can't stand what is foreign to them. Xbox fans aren't more guilty of that than PS fans which is what your OP implies.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Is Yakuza and Shenmue consider wee boo?? or whatever hell it call??? If so I'm the biggest wee boo fan!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

In the end the guys are Microsoft give the green light or red light. There are factors influencing their decisions but they are the ones who have the final say. You asking why there aren't a greater variety of games as if the fanbase doesn't want them because the management decides not to release them is circular logic and ignores who really decides what gets released on the platform.

The Xbox 360 had a year head start over the PS3 and didn't start with the debacle of Don Mattrick and Kinect. Whether or not the 360 having more weeaboo games was a deciding factor or not remains to be proven.

It's culture based because the divide is East vs West. Japan vs NA/Europe. It has nothing to do with the Xbox brand vs PS brand. Japanese games tend to be more successful on the PS because it has a larger footprint in Japan and is by far the more popular console and Japanese games tend to appeal more to Japanese gamers. They appeal less to western gamers because it's simply less culturally ingrained here and are not part of our gaming culture as much as games like DOOM or Halo are. It has nothing to do with Xbox fans shunning weeaboo games.

Weeaboo is a meme and a satire kinda like PC Master Race. To further prove my point why isn't PC a haven for JRPG's? Until recently Japanese publishers mostly ignored the PC and favored consoles. Hell the biggest weeaboo game of the year isn't even confirmed on PC yet. PC gaming simply isn't that big in Japan and PC gamers hating on weeaboo games is as common if not more common than Xbox gamers hating on them. Know where the majority of PC gamers are(ignoring China), they're in the west too. Iconic PC games like Half-Life, Counter-Strike or Diablo are awfully similar to iconic Xbox games like Halo or Fable aren't they? That's simply because PC is traditionally a western platform, just like Xbox.

Give Xbox gamers a plethora of Japanese games and they won't shun them any more than PS gamers do. They both have a bunch of idiots who can't stand what is foreign to them. Xbox fans aren't more guilty of that than PS fans which is what your OP implies.

Right, I see what you are saying, but I would say I disagree with the points. As I pointed out, the Xbox 360 did get a whole lot of support from Japanese developers and publishers, even for 'weeaboo' games- Tales of Vesperia, Persona 4 Arena, Catherine, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninety Nine Nights, Eternal Sonata, it even had some exclusives like Steins;Gate- the most lauded visual novel of all time started life as an Xbox exclusive, and was Xbox exclusive right up until they finally ported it to PS4 and PS Vita just a little over a year ago.

But those games didn't sell- they didn't just not sell in Japan, where the argument of cultural penetration and cache at least holds merit, since Japan I admit is an incredibly culturally insular country, but they also failed to sell in the west to any degree. There's a reason why Tales jumped ship to PlayStation exclusivity after the Vesperia debacle, a reason that Mistwalker never made any more games for Xbox after Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, a reason that most Japanese developers and publishes do not support the Xbox any more. My point is, for whatever reason, these 'weeaboo games' are outright not doing well on Xbox.

... which brings me to the PC. That's very important here, because on PC, these games are seeing a lot of success, to the point that the PC has replaced the Xbox as Japanese publishers' preferred SKU to maximize international sales. Why is it that PC, a traditionally western platform, with iconic games similar to Xbox's iconic games, saw these 'weeaboo' Japanese games be successful, but Xbox did not, especially when the makeup should be similar for both platforms as you pointed out?

My thesis here based on what I see is that for whatever reason, Xbox's base seems to shun an entire category of games, and it comes back to haunt the platform in the long run. Incidentally, this is no different (although less severe and concerning) than Nintendo fans shunning 'dudebro' games, causing en masse exodus of third party support from Nintendo paltforms.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shewgenja

@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:

I never said it couldn't be better. I agree that they need more Japanese games, but they sure as **** ain't gonna make them if Japanese aint buying their console. You realize Microsoft has given up on Japan. They will be an American/Euro box going forward.

It's a chicken-or-the-egg argument. Who would buy hardware that doesn't support their tastes in gaming? Goes so far as to make a concerted effort on doubling down on a very specific type of user? I just don't agree and I feel like the numbers are on my side.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#92 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70015 Posts

So, in conclusion Xbox suck because Japanese devs prefer to make game on a Japanese developed home console.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:

I just don't agree

We will just agree to disagree, aint no thing.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@Archangel3371: A game cannot be weaboo. A weaboo or rather a japanaphile is a person obsessed with anime and Japanese culture to the point where it's unhealthy (and possibly annoying). They sprinkle their Internet speech and maybe irl speech with Japanese words. They also tend to have a false fantasy of what japan might be like from watching too much anime. Some even have gross fantasies about Japanese women and anime girls.

I will admit though some anime clichés do make it into these games maybe that's what bothers people.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

They don't care because they can't have it even if they wanted to. The day Xbox brand (that's never happening so forget about it) gets Japanese titles support, is the day "they will care". Xbox is all about mainstream shooters while PS has access to all. No wonder its outselling Xbone 5:1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pedro

@silversix_ said:

They don't care because they can't have it even if they wanted to. The day Xbox brand (that's never happening so forget about it) gets Japanese titles support, is the day "they will care". Xbox is all about mainstream shooters while PS has access to all. No wonder its outselling Xbone 5:1.

The last numbers for the Xbox One was 20 millions so, based on your nonsense PS4 has sold a 100 million. I guess logic, reason and facts are things of the past.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kvally

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

The last numbers for the Xbox One was 20 millions so, based on your nonsense PS4 has sold a 100 million. I guess logic, reason and facts are things of the past.

Facts don't belong here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Pedro

@kvally said:

Facts don't belong here.

Sorry, I forgot this is a new America. My bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

He might be referring to pace of sales than install base, but yeah, Xbox One is at an estimated 28 million worldwide, while PS4 is at 54 million. The ratio is not even 2:1.