Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46482 Posts

@AcidTango said:

That's a nice monitor. What resolution is it? I got myself a 27 inch 1440p monitor with 165hz. I don't need 4K for now since 1440p is good enough for me.

My original 2 ultrawide monitors were 2560x1080 but these two in the picture are both 3440x1440.

I think it's a great resolution for standard desktop use as well as gaming.

I was replaying HL 2 with 4x AI textures and it looked really good, really sharp :D

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45300 Posts

Picked up Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe for $30 from Target! It's a very short game, but I think $30 is ok.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts

Just picked up FF16 for $35 at Amazon.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22801 Posts

I did some steam store shopping.... I grabbed the rogue xwing fighter game for 2 bucks. I grabbed, Like a dragon (never played a yakuza game before...), Deliverance? The RPG game? I can't think of the name of it. Deliverince original sin. No.... The one where you are in first person and can get killed super quick by anyone.

I bought another but can't remember. Merry Christmas everyone! 🦃

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SolidGame_basic

@TheEroica: this is all you man

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39304 Posts

ffs absolutely nothing worth buying in canada when it comes to cpus and mobos. Looks like a 750W thermaltake gold rated psu is the only upgrade i'll be buying.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 R4gn4r0k

@TheEroica said:

No.... The one where you are in first person and can get killed super quick by anyone.

Deliveroo the video game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#159 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69948 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Any experience with the G9 49" OLED?

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#160 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

Probably look for a 1TB SSD for my laptop or 2TB. That's about it as I don't need anything else.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: hardwenzen brings shame to the entire nation of Canada. Thankfully he's not American.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

Nothing really exciting. Was thinking of upgrading my 4 year old laptop, but nothing really enticing me. My laptop has ram slot, so I upgraded it from 8gb to 20gb. Most shitty laptops nowadays have soldered ram. My laptop is also light weight, convertible, touch screen, plus a good size at 13.3 inch. I've been tempted but nothing I see that really going to give me better experience than what I have already.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Imagine buying a Switch for $350 when you could've purchased a ps5 for the same price. How pathetic.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine buying a Switch for $350 when you could've purchased a ps5 for the same price. How pathetic.

Buying a Switch gratns you access to...

• Super Mario Bros Wonder
  • Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Advance Wars Reboot Camp
  • Bayonetta Origins

Meanwhile PS5 grants me access to...

• Spiderman 2.

Considering that several games on the Switch list outclass the one game on the PS5 list... Nobody can be faulted for choosing the Switch.

And before you bring up multiplats. Keep in mind, the PC is the most popular gaming platform aside from mobile. And my 1070 can run the games like Starfield and Phantom Liberty.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 SolidGame_basic

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

• Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Bayonetta Origins

• Spiderman 2.

Considering that several games on the Switch list outclass the one game on the PS5 list... Nobody can be faulted for choosing the Switch.

And before you bring up multiplats. Keep in mind, the PC is the most popular gaming platform aside from mobile. And my 1070 can run the games like Starfield and Phantom Liberty.

This is a very tunnel visioned response. We all know Switch cannot play many popular games that the ps5 can.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Pedro  Online

Play what you want on what system you want. It is always so odd when folks tell people what they should play on and what games they play.

But keeping with the spirit, if you want a break from gaming PS5 is the console of choice for this year and it looks like the same for next year.😎

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SolidGame_basic

^ clearly salty 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Pedro  Online

Damn, my comment delivered this quickly.😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#169 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

^Too fast if you ask me

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SolidGame_basic

‘Got em 😎

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#171 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Caved in and did the GameStop bonus trade in to get the Slim lol. It’s definitely much nicer looking and smaller.

What's the benefit of trading in?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 hardwenzen  Online

Bought an rgb mouse from prime cables for $5 with free shipping instead of $50. That's all i got on BF😐

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 hardwenzen  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

• Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Bayonetta Origins

• Spiderman 2.

This is a very tunnel visioned response. We all know Switch cannot play many popular games that the ps5 can.

Yea, he is incredibly delusional. The Switch can barely handle 3D graphics, let alone newer released titles.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Maroxad
@SolidGame_basic said:

The switch can't but most people have a gaming PC. Which is why I only included exclusives.

I did forget about FF16 though. So that is 2 PS5 games from this year.

Regardless, there are plenty of reasons to pick up a PS5 or a Switch. This isn't a one or the other choice. Just pick whatever hardware appeals to you :) As someone who owns a gaming PC, I have not much of a reason to get a PS5. Meanwhile, the Switch has a lot of games that are not available on PC. The Switch also fill(ed) a utility my gaming PC didn't have. And that is gaming on the Go, now I have a ROG ally for that htough, so the switch doesnt score points anymore on portability.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

• Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Bayonetta Origins

• Spiderman 2.

The switch can't but most people have a gaming PC. Which is why I only included exclusives.

Having a pc, and a gaming pc are two very different things. Hell, you don't even own a gaming pc.

So foolish of you to think that the Switch from 2017 is remotely close to offer the value of a PS5 or even the X for that matter. FOOLISH.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

• Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Bayonetta Origins

• Spiderman 2.

Having a pc, and a gaming pc are two very different things. Hell, you don't even own a gaming pc.

So foolish of you to think that the Switch from 2017 is remotely close to offer the value of a PS5 or even the X for that matter. FOOLISH.

Most people have a gaming PC? That’s news to me lol. At $350, I highly doubt you can find a PC that has the PS5’s power, a 4K disc drive, ssd, and controller. On top of that, PC exclusives don’t really exist anymore, while PS5 still does have them, though temporarily.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SolidGame_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Caved in and did the GameStop bonus trade in to get the Slim lol. It’s definitely much nicer looking and smaller.

What's the benefit of trading in?

The Slim bundle itself is $499.99 and includes a free game. So essentially you’re getting the Slim for a very small upgrade fee ($405 for your PS5, and the game itself is valued at $70). I had my OG PS5 for 3 years, so I was ok with getting a new system, and a much sleeker one at that, with little bit more space.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

My PC can run pretty much any game. So... it is a gaming PC. I know what a work PC looks like. I have just concluded that upgrading my 1070 for a bunch of trivial graphical details that I wont even notice and wont add to the experience is not worth it.

The value of a console depends on its output. The PS5 had 2 exclusives come out this year while the Switch has 8 noteworthy exclusives. While the PS5 has better hardware and thus more expensive to produce. It doesnt really matter when the game output is this... uninspiring.

I buy hardware to gain access to new games. The Switch gives me access to far more games than the PS5 would. While there are good r easons to buy a PS5. A PS5 is practically useless to me.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Most people have a gaming PC? That’s news to me lol. At $350, I highly doubt you can find a PC that has the PS5’s power, a 4K disc drive, ssd, and controller. On top of that, PC exclusives don’t really exist anymore, while PS5 still does have them, though temporarily.

Bad wording on my part. But the PC market share is almost as large as all the consoles combined, which is to say 82%. Hell, League of Legends alone has as more monthly players than the best selling console of this gen: The switch (150 LoL players vs 130 switches sold).

And PC has a TON of exclusives. Pizza Tower, the recently released Lethal Company, BG3 was a timed PC exclusive.Superior hardware, modding and so many other advantages. The PS5 is a downgrade in every area aside from GPU for me.

Let's just say this, as someone who has a gaming PC, why would a PS5 be more worth the money to me than a Switch?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 SolidGame_basic

what does SW think of this deal? Can also get 10% back from Rakuten.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 R4gn4r0k

@SolidGame_basic: Just get a Steam Deck. You won't be happy with a desktop as you want that laid back console legs-on-the-sofa experience.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidGame_basic: Just get a Steam Deck. You won't be happy with a desktop as you want that laid back console legs-on-the-sofa experience.

lol... the thing is, spend $3K on a high end gaming rig to do what? I don't care about maxing out graphics or getting 240fps lol. Games on PS5/XSX look great. As for portables, I'm happy with the Portal. For $200, I get to play my games on the PS5. As long as I can play the game well, who cares how I'm playing it?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SolidGame_basic

Anyone have one of these?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Literally, my only BF purchase was another dog crate for the new pup.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Maroxad
@SolidGame_basic said:

what does SW think of this deal? Can also get 10% back from Rakuten.

Generally speaking, I would recommend just building a PC yourself.

As for that PC, pretty good price, but the hardware is overkill. Enthusiasts will likely build their own PC, and anyone who isnt an enthusiast will likely go for something cheaper.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@SolidGame_basic said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

lol... the thing is, spend $3K on a high end gaming rig to do what? I don't care about maxing out graphics or getting 240fps lol. Games on PS5/XSX look great. As for portables, I'm happy with the Portal. For $200, I get to play my games on the PS5. As long as I can play the game well, who cares how I'm playing it?

Thing about PC is its versatility.

I was playing some Mortal Kombat 1 today with SNES controllers. Can't do that on PS5/XSX. And people have to ask themselves is that worth 3000 dollars just so you can have a nostalgia trip to your childhood playing SNES with your older brother?

Yes, yes it is.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Anyone have one of these?

I found out there was this niche of mini-PCs shaped like older consoles. Pretty neat but also really useless at the same time.

Finally, I stopped getting notfications on gamespot for the past 3 days or so? I'm not the only one am I?

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

I ended up getting the video card. It's the RTX 4070. Now I got everything to build the PC.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SolidGame_basic

oh snap?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Maroxad
@SolidGame_basic said:

oh snap?

That is an incredible deal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 hardwenzen  Online

Dammit just missed a nice cpu+mobo combo.

Intel Core i7-12700K Octa-Core 3.6GHz Processor and MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA 1700 DDR4 Motherboard for $317cad. This is the kind of deals i want, not some $35 sale😣

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 AcidTango

@hardwenzen:

What graphics card are you going to get?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#191 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

And SCORE! $30 out of $60. Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe is MINE!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 hardwenzen  Online

@AcidTango said:

@hardwenzen:

What graphics card are you going to get?

I just got the 6800 back in April, so not looking to upgrade. I've overclocked it a ton, and get the 6800xt performance, so i don't really need (even tho dlss3 would've been nice of course) a better gpu for 1440p. I just want to upgrade the cpu, mobo and ram since my 9600k running at 4.8 is kinda bleh in certain games now. But i really need to see a nice sale. I have to buy those parts and feel good about myself for getting em for a steal price. Like the 750W gold rated Thermaltake psu i just got for $90 instead of $190.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 SolidGame_basic

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Maroxad

@hardwenzen: Yeah turns out that mass producing massive malls in the middle of nowhere, and are an inconvenience to get to will inevitably fail compared to more convenient alternatives.

European Malls are doing fine. In fact, they were quite populated when I visited them earlier this week.

Maybe you should play Cities Skylines. It is 70% off.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Yeah turns out that mass producing massive malls in the middle of nowhere, and are an inconvenience to get to will inevitably fail compared to more convenient alternatives.

European Malls are doing fine. In fact, they were quite populated when I visited them earlier this week.

Perhaps if you played games like Factorio. You would give your mind the exercise it badly needs, and your off-topic comments would be more well thought out :)

Maybe you should play Cities Skylines while I am at it. It is 70% off.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Couldn't agree more, actually.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

Couldn't agree more, actually.

Good.

Still, Give Factorio and Cities Skylines a try! They are really fun games that engage you a lot. Cities Skylines is on sale right now, while Factorio is never on Sale. So any time is the best time to buy that game.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 AcidTango

@hardwenzen:

Cool. I got myself the RTX 4070. Yeah graphics card prices in Canada are still too fucking high but the card was $100 off so at least that helped a little bit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#199 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

@AcidTango said:

@hardwenzen:

Cool. I got myself the RTX 4070. Yeah graphics card prices in Canada are still too fucking high but the card was $100 off so at least that helped a little bit.

I also have an RTX 4070 FE and its a great card for 1440p/165hz G-sync on my monitor. I think PC gamers underestimate just how good the RTX 4070 can really be when using DLSS3 and frame generation. Wish I would've waited for those RTX 4000 series Supers were supposed to be getting early next year.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 AcidTango

@davillain:

That's good. I also got myself a 1440p monitor with 165hz as well (comes with FreeSync)

1440p is the sweet spot for me and I don't need 4K for now anyways.