Bioshock Infinite edning and story is a total cop out and unfair (some spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#351 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Trying to avoid spoilers as I'm trying to determine if I should try and finish that really stupid ass "defend the whatever" on the Zepplin towards the end. I really hate those kinds of missions and it's really starting to piss me off. I was really enjoying the game and then they had to throw this bullsh!t at you. Sometimes I really hate video games.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#352 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Trying to avoid spoilers as I'm trying to determine if I should try and finish that really stupid ass "defend the whatever" on the Zepplin towards the end. I really hate those kinds of missions and it's really starting to piss me off. I was really enjoying the game and then they had to throw this bullsh!t at you. Sometimes I really hate video games.

heretrix

What are you having trouble with. I'm not trying to brag, but I beat it my first attempt on hard, though it was admittedly hectic. Are you losing as a result of the generator getting destroyed or because you yourself are dying while trying to defend it?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#353 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

SPOILERS

Ok ok whats going on? why did they take this away from the game? the game totally changed from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUunZc6Ot4

i just remembered there wasnt even that scene when Elizabeth was trying to save the horse that they showed last year :/

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

jamejame

What are you having trouble with. I'm not trying to brag, but I beat it my first attempt on hard, though it was admittedly hectic. Are you losing as a result of the generator getting destroyed or because you yourself are dying while trying to defend it?

The generator keeps getting destroyed.I have no doubt that I can get past it, it just isn't any fun and by any account incredibly stupid compared to the rest of the game. It's just an enemy dump and I hate that horde mode bullsh!t.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#355 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

heretrix
that part was hard took a quick break and retried if it helps only use bird to attack zepplin with missiles and at other times use it on the infantry and always attack the robots from behind with power weapons and use shock jockey on them also to stop them from firing(rpg and the gattling gun they drop) and i recommend using undertoe on people on top sides with rockets. Infantry just pick them off with the carbine this worked for me. If you think this is bad look at the last part of the new gow
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 finalstar2007

They channged it all.. this wasnt in the game -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

The generator keeps getting destroyed.I have no doubt that I can get past it, it just isn't any fun and by any account incredibly stupid compared to the rest of the game. It's just an enemy dump and I hate that horde mode bullsh!t.

Every time you get the chance, use the songbird on the zepellins, the patriots will only attack the generator until they've reached them, at which point, for whatever reason they'll focus on you (at least this is how it worked for me). Equip the gear piece that replenishes salts upon killing an enemy 40% of the time, and abuse the **** out of return to sender while kiting around the patriots to keep them focused on you. You can unload while your shield absorbs their crank guns bullets.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]What are you having trouble with. I'm not trying to brag, but I beat it my first attempt on hard, though it was admittedly hectic. Are you losing as a result of the generator getting destroyed or because you yourself are dying while trying to defend it?

jamejame

Every time you get the chance, use the songbird on the zepellins, the patriots will only attack the generator until they've reached them, at which point, for whatever reason they'll focus on you (at least this is how it worked for me). Equip the gear piece that replenishes salts upon killing an enemy 40% of the time, and abuse the **** out of return to sender while kiting around the patriots to keep them focused on you. You can unload while your shield absorbs their crank guns bullets.

That's pretty much exactly what I was doing. Like I said, not impossible for me to do, I just wasn't having fun doing it. I guess it's the disappointment that game designers still feel the need to throw every enemy in the game at you at the end and it's really boring to me. It's something I've done waaay too many times. It's a real buzzkill. It hits me especially hard in a game that I actually want to finish. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

SPOILERS

Ok ok whats going on? why did they take this away from the game? the game totally changed from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUunZc6Ot4

i just remembered there wasnt even that scene when Elizabeth was trying to save the horse that they showed last year :/

finalstar2007
Development hell apparently. Instead of that we got the horrible horrible Vox section of the game.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#360 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14945 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SPOILERS

SAGE_OF_FIRE
Development hell apparently. Instead of that we got the horrible horrible Vox section of the game.

Looks like it...the more I play, the more overrated this game seems.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SPOILERS

texasgoldrush

Dude LOL same here.. i kid you not i started playing the game again and i started to pay more attention to how annoying/overated it is also :P.. the story is great at first try lol... if you see the things they cut you'll notice how Elizabeth seriously wasnt shown or did that much in the final finished game, wish they got her do more things during the game or spoke about how it was when she was in the tower, dont think i can beat it again i feel bored already not even half way through.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]The generator keeps getting destroyed.I have no doubt that I can get past it, it just isn't any fun and by any account incredibly stupid compared to the rest of the game. It's just an enemy dump and I hate that horde mode bullsh!t.

heretrix

That's pretty much exactly what I was doing. Like I said, not impossible for me to do, I just wasn't having fun doing it. I guess it's the disappointment that game designers still feel the need to throw every enemy in the game at you at the end and it's really boring to me. It's something I've done waaay too many times. It's a real buzzkill. It hits me especially hard in a game that I actually want to finish. :(

Huh, you shouldn't be having too hard of a time then. Be sure to abuse Undertow on the RPG Vox when they're close enough to the edge of the ship, and if they're not, shock jockey them and then use undertow, it's an insta-kill on almost every non heavy-hitter enemy, and a great way to conserve ammo.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 jamejame

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"] Development hell apparently. Instead of that we got the horrible horrible Vox section of the game. finalstar2007

Dude LOL same here.. i kid you not i started playing the game again and i started to pay more attention to how annoying/overated it is also :P.. the story is great at first try lol... if you see the things they cut you'll notice how Elizabeth seriously wasnt shown or did that much in the final finished game, wish they got her do more things during the game or spoke about how it was when she was in the tower, dont think i can beat it again i feel bored already not even half way through.

RAGGHH, I've been saying this since bloody day one. The game is great, but overrated as hell. It's a solid 8.5, but compared to what it could have been based on previous showings, it feels SO much more disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Looks like it...the more I play, the more overrated this game seems.jamejame

RAGGHH, I've been saying this since bloody day one. The game is great, but overrated as hell. It's a solid 8.5, but compared to what it could have been based on previous showings, it feels SO much more disappointing.

8.5 is still a bit high imo.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"] Development hell apparently. Instead of that we got the horrible horrible Vox section of the game. finalstar2007

And this game is Bioshock 2 recycled...the majority of the plot premise is the same......seriously. I thought Bioshock 2 was supposed to be a "cash in"......no, now I see it as the best in the trilogy.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

I was sitting at an 8.0 but all things considered, the story toward the end elevated it for me to an 8.5. Easily the game's most enjoyable aspect despite being quite confusing. In temrs of gameplay alone, I found both of the previous games far superior, and I know I'm in the minority, but I consider Bioshock 2 the best in the series.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="jamejame"]RAGGHH, I've been saying this since bloody day one. The game is great, but overrated as hell. It's a solid 8.5, but compared to what it could have been based on previous showings, it feels SO much more disappointing.

jamejame

I was sitting at an 8.0 but all things considered, the story toward the end elevated it for me to an 8.5. Easily the game's most enjoyable aspect despite being quite confusing. In temrs of gameplay alone, I found both of the previous games far superior, and I know I'm in the minority, but I consider Bioshock 2 the best in the series.

The majority can't grasp what made Bioshock 2 great.....it was about the small, not the big....everyone wants the big they forget about the small.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"] 8.5 is still a bit high imo. texasgoldrush

The majority can't grasp what made Bioshock 2 great.....it was about the small, not the big....everyone wants the big they forget about the small.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I'd assume you're talking about the small improvements over the original that when together, created a massively more cohesive game? That's why I liked it better, at least. There was the perfect level of exploration to the environments without containing tedious backtracking (like the original), each area had it's own distinct history (the original pulled this off as well, but infinite failed hard here) expounded upon by the audio diaries in the area, and the combat, best of all, was a blast. Saving up ADAM for that Telekinesis 3 upgrade, and then being able to throw Splicers around in the final battle as though you were wielding the roided out grav gun is still one of my favorite moments in gaming this gen.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#369 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

you know i am just wondering if booker had a wife? i found a article to help me understand the whole story, but that is the one thing i am curious about. hope that was not some kind of spoiler tryed to be vague

redskins26rocs

It's mentioned in the game. Elizabeth asks about it. Booker says he had a love in his life, but she died giving birth. So Elizabeth says, "you have a child?" and he slowly says, "no".

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="jamejame"]I was sitting at an 8.0 but all things considered, the story toward the end elevated it for me to an 8.5. Easily the game's most enjoyable aspect despite being quite confusing. In temrs of gameplay alone, I found both of the previous games far superior, and I know I'm in the minority, but I consider Bioshock 2 the best in the series.

jamejame

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I'd assume you're talking about the small improvements over the original that when together, created a massively more cohesive game? That's why I liked it better, at least. There was the perfect level of exploration to the environments without containing tedious backtracking (like the original), each area had it's own distinct history (the original pulled this off as well, but infinite failed hard here) expounded upon by the audio diaries in the area, and the combat, best of all, was a blast. Saving up ADAM for that Telekinesis 3 upgrade, and then being able to throw Splicers around in the final battle as though you were wielding the roided out grav gun is still one of my favorite moments in gaming this gen.

No, its the small intricate storytelling, the focus on the personal...how choices influence another.....that type of thing. It was about Delta and Eleanor, not everything else.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 the_bi99man

finalstar2007

That's extremely unfortunate.

Edit: Watching more of that video, I'm just noticing so much more little details in the presentation than the final game. And so much more going on during the fights. And even bigger environments, with even more diversity. I hate to be that guy, but I'm thinking at least part of the reason this was changed is because a lot of that would be straight up impossible on the current consoles, even in low resolution, with less effects.

Edit 2: Yeah, holy sh!t. The fight in that video is like 5 times bigger and more intense than anything in the final game. 

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] The majority can't grasp what made Bioshock 2 great.....it was about the small, not the big....everyone wants the big they forget about the small.texasgoldrush

No, its the small intricate storytelling, the focus on the personal...how choices influence another.....that type of thing. It was about Delta and Eleanor, not everything else.

I enjoyed Bioshock 2's story a lot as well. It's a hell of a a lot better than nearly everything else out on the market, but I think the original has it beat in that department. I agree though, I really liked the decisions the game let you make, as unimpactful in the grand scheme of things as they may have been.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="jamejame"]I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I'd assume you're talking about the small improvements over the original that when together, created a massively more cohesive game? That's why I liked it better, at least. There was the perfect level of exploration to the environments without containing tedious backtracking (like the original), each area had it's own distinct history (the original pulled this off as well, but infinite failed hard here) expounded upon by the audio diaries in the area, and the combat, best of all, was a blast. Saving up ADAM for that Telekinesis 3 upgrade, and then being able to throw Splicers around in the final battle as though you were wielding the roided out grav gun is still one of my favorite moments in gaming this gen.

jamejame

I enjoyed Bioshock 2's story a lot as well. It's a hell of a a lot better than nearly everything else out on the market, but I think the original has it beat in that department. I agree though, I really liked the decisions the game let you make, as unimpactful in the grand scheme of things as they may have been.

no, because Jack wasn't important other than being Atlas's tool...once the twist plays out, the first game loses steam. Oh and the decisions in Bioshock 2 actually matter.....if you save more NPCs than kill, Eleanor will save her mother, if you kill more NPCs, she kills her mother. Her entire character is different in the endgame based on how good or evil your character was. Hell, after you play as the little sister, she either saves or harvests her based on your decisions. The choice with Alexander was truly morally grey. And don't get me started on how great Minerva's Den was. The twist at the end of the DLC is the best one in the entire series.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No, its the small intricate storytelling, the focus on the personal...how choices influence another.....that type of thing. It was about Delta and Eleanor, not everything else.texasgoldrush

no, because Jack wasn't important other than being Atlas's tool...once the twist plays out, the first game loses steam. Oh and the decisions in Bioshock 2 actually matter.....if you save more NPCs than kill, Eleanor will save her mother, if you kill more NPCs, she kills her mother. Her entire character is different in the endgame based on how good or evil your character was. Hell, after you play as the little sister, she either saves or harvests her based on your decisions. The choice with Alexander was truly morally grey. And don't get me started on how great Minerva's Den was. The twist at the end of the DLC is the best one in the entire series.

I agree that the first game loses steam after the twist, but in terms of storytelling, I still think it was the most impactful. Bioshock 2 is my favorite game in the series because it's a powerhouse of fun, and story compulsion through to the end, I guess I like each game's story better than the other in certain regards.

As for the player choice impacting the end result -- really? I only played the sequel once. I thought the different endings resulted from what you chose to do with the little sisters, but I was apparently mistaken. That's cool, I really ought to play the game again. I completely agree on Minerva's Den. It's the piece of Content attached to the Bioshock name in my opinion. Stellar piece of DLC.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="jamejame"]I enjoyed Bioshock 2's story a lot as well. It's a hell of a a lot better than nearly everything else out on the market, but I think the original has it beat in that department. I agree though, I really liked the decisions the game let you make, as unimpactful in the grand scheme of things as they may have been.

jamejame

I agree that the first game loses steam after the twist, but in terms of storytelling, I still think it was the most impactful. Bioshock 2 is my favorite game in the series because it's a powerhouse of fun, and story compulsion through to the end, I guess I like each game's story better than the other in certain regards.

As for the player choice impacting the end result -- really? I only played the sequel once. I thought the different endings resulted from what you chose to do with the little sisters, but I was apparently mistaken. That's cool, I really ought to play the game again. I completely agree on Minerva's Den. It's the piece of Content attached to the Bioshock name in my opinion. Stellar piece of DLC.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Eleanor_Lamb Also your choices affects what the playable Little Sister sees.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Huh? What do you mean? Outside a select few, no one uses them. It completely fits into context and isn't an excuse, it would actually be more odd to see fink marketing vigors if they were already widely used.

padaporra

I mean the lack of integration between Vigors and Columbia is a flaw of the game. And marketing never stops. Cars are already "widely used" and you don't see the marketing for it stoping.

Um, because new cars come onto the market? :|, and there isn't a lack of integration, if people were using vigors frequently then half the populace would have been splicers thanks to the effects of them. The fact it's a new product IS relevant.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="padaporra"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Huh? What do you mean? Outside a select few, no one uses them. It completely fits into context and isn't an excuse, it would actually be more odd to see fink marketing vigors if they were already widely used.

GD1551

I mean the lack of integration between Vigors and Columbia is a flaw of the game. And marketing never stops. Cars are already "widely used" and you don't see the marketing for it stoping.

Um, because new cars come onto the market? :|, and there isn't a lack of integration, if people were using vigors frequently then half the populace would have been splicers thanks to the effects of them. The fact it's a new product IS relevant.

That's what I'm thinking. And again, after finishing the game twice, and thinking about it nonstop for days, I'm still more than satisfied with the story. Seeing that video from E3 again is bumming me out though. Holy sh!t they stripped so much back. It's a damn shame.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#379 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

the_bi99man

That's extremely unfortunate.

Edit: Watching more of that video, I'm just noticing so much more little details in the presentation than the final game. And so much more going on during the fights. And even bigger environments, with even more diversity. I hate to be that guy, but I'm thinking at least part of the reason this was changed is because a lot of that would be straight up impossible on the current consoles, even in low resolution, with less effects.

Edit 2: Yeah, holy sh!t. The fight in that video is like 5 times bigger and more intense than anything in the final game. 

I am amazed as well. You are right. These are pretty legit bits that I would have loved to come across. That's a shame.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

I know I'm late to the party but I thought it was genius, I played it 3 times back to back to fluly put all the threads and clues together.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Looks like it...the more I play, the more overrated this game seems.sts106mat

funny, i am currently playing through for the second time. this time on 1999 mode.

the second run so far for me has been more interesting because there are so many little nuggets of dialogue or things you missed / skipped over originally.

example, i cleared a boardwalk with a carbine rapid with headshots, elizabeth remarked "you've done this before haven't you" which i took to mean "you've been here before", which i had.    there are a load of others i've noticed too, i am enjoying it playing in 1999 mode better too. cannot wait to get back to it.

I thought about playing it again before I send it back to Gamefly but my play through just left me completely satisfied. Its been a long time since I played a game where nothing disappointed me. Im gonna buy it eventually and play through it again but that won't be a while.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 musalala

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

mems_1224

funny, i am currently playing through for the second time. this time on 1999 mode.

the second run so far for me has been more interesting because there are so many little nuggets of dialogue or things you missed / skipped over originally.

example, i cleared a boardwalk with a carbine rapid with headshots, elizabeth remarked "you've done this before haven't you" which i took to mean "you've been here before", which i had. there are a load of others i've noticed too, i am enjoying it playing in 1999 mode better too. cannot wait to get back to it.

I thought about playing it again before I send it back to Gamefly but my play through just left me completely satisfied. Its been a long time since I played a game where nothing disappointed me. Im gonna buy it eventually and play through it again but that won't be a while.

Man u are missing out on the my second and third play through I found so many nuggets that fleshed out the story. There are these enitire set of voxiphone recodings by lutece that expalin her theories on the whole tear technology. Its an eye opening to paly the game again an catch all these littel bread crumbs levine leaves in th story.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 GD1551

That's what I'm thinking. And again, after finishing the game twice, and thinking about it nonstop for days, I'm still more than satisfied with the story. Seeing that video from E3 again is bumming me out though. Holy sh!t they stripped so much back. It's a damn shame.

the_bi99man

Yeah, they stripped quite a bit, I noticed that when I finished the game initially. I still think it's the best bioshock in the series, and it was going for something different compared to the originals. Firstly I think it nails atmosphere better than the originals, which is a feat in itself. My biggest issue with the originals is that at no point in time I felt like I was in a city, however I liked the darker and more eerie vibe than Columbia's but I liked the portrayal of Columbia's social state more than that.

I prefer the gameplay in Infinite as well, they lost somethings like special ammo but it didn't matter to me, because the gameplay in the first two were so bad that this feels like a gigantic improvement. Story wise I prefer Infinite > Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1, 1 loses alot of impact after a certain point, two is very intriguing but nothing mind blowning and infinite, well, infinite has us discussing the story at length here.

I think infinite takes some steps back in encounter design but also takes some steps forward, the minor stealth mechanic in the originals is all but gone (there's still some traces in Infinite, but it seems like it was a completely unfinished concept that they just decided to scrap which is a shame) but, the power combinations, mixed with the enemy types and the rails makes for better encounters than the previous ones imo. I also like that they didn't abuse the amount of Handy men, however I didn't like that they didn't have more types of cyborg enemies like the originals (there's like 5 types of big daddies).

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 musalala

On a side note and to risk a flame war erupting, I think bioshock infintes ending is what mass effect 3's ending tried to clumsily implement. A mind-f*ck ending that would cause gamers to have disscusions such as these, only bioware failed miserably.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#387 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
I'm surprised about the amount of people on this board calling the game overrated. It's been probably the best SP campaign that I played in the last couple of years. The story was great and the ending was fantastic. A lot of the plotholes I thought I found are indeed explained in recordings I hadn't found in my first playthrough or I simply didn't pick up key info in the many dialogues. Same like some others here, it's rare for me wanting to start playing a game over right away, but I just couldn't get enough of Columbia and I'm determined to find everything there is to find. Definitely a 9.0 game. And I don't feel like the ending was a cop out at all. It was very well executed.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 GD1551

[QUOTE="musalala"]

On a side note and to risk a flame war erupting, I think bioshock infintes ending is what mass effect 3's ending tried to clumsily implement. A mind-f*ck ending that would cause gamers to have disscusions such as these, only bioware failed miserably.

sts106mat

i dont think Bioware attempted a mind F*** ending at all (i was pretty happy with it and felt the extended cut was good). not the ending i would have chose, but i can see why they went that way. "citadel" more than made up for it. Bioshocks ending is on the other hand a "mind F***" cannot wait for the DLC

I don't think they were going for a mind**** per say, but I'm sure they wanted people talking and speculating about it, which they had, but it was mostly negative.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 the_bi99man

I know I'm late to the party but I thought it was genius, I played it 3 times back to back to fluly put all the threads and clues together.

musalala

Same here. I'm actually going through the third time now. Played it on hard. Then I did 1999 mode, and got the scavenger hunt achievement. Now I'm doing another run on hard, and trying to pick up the last couple achievements I didn't get the first time.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

sts106mat

i dont think Bioware attempted a mind F*** ending at all (i was pretty happy with it and felt the extended cut was good). not the ending i would have chose, but i can see why they went that way. "citadel" more than made up for it. Bioshocks ending is on the other hand a "mind F***" cannot wait for the DLC

I ment the part about creating massive amounts of discussions about the ending and meaning of the ending. The original ending was supposed to create lots of "speculation for eveyone" according to Mac walters but it failed to do that because of its execution,Because you really couldn"t make sense of what had just happened and if you tried to replay the game you still wouldn't understand. Bishock (for me anyway) I was a bit confused repalyed it found alot of voxiphones and in game clues and finally pieced it together.The revelation of casper the genocidal ghost and his explanation was supposed to be OMG part of mass effect 3..but it felt really forced and contrived. I suppose part of mass effect 3 problem was all the choices they had to take into account when coming up with the end which made it even more complicated

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] funny, i am currently playing through for the second time. this time on 1999 mode.

example, i cleared a boardwalk with a carbine rapid with headshots, elizabeth remarked "you've done this before haven't you" which i took to mean "you've been here before", which i had. there are a load of others i've noticed too, i am enjoying it playing in 1999 mode better too. cannot wait to get back to it.

musalala

Man u are missing out on the my second and third play through I found so many nuggets that fleshed out the story. There are these enitire set of voxiphone recodings by lutece that expalin her theories on the whole tear technology. Its an eye opening to paly the game again an catch all these littel bread crumbs levine leaves in th story.

I got almost all the tapes, I missed like 5. Right now I just dont feel like playing it again. I had really low expectations coming into this game because I wasn't a fan of the first Bioshock but Infinite just blew me away. It was a really special experience and I can't think of a game this gen with a better story or a companion as awesome as Elizabeth.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="musalala"]

sts106mat

Same here. I'm actually going through the third time now. Played it on hard. Then I did 1999 mode, and got the scavenger hunt achievement. Now I'm doing another run on hard, and trying to pick up the last couple achievements I didn't get the first time.

i played on hard first time, i died..... a lot. i am on 1999 mode now and finding it pretty easy so far because i am playing it in a much different manner. i am dreading the siren fights. swapping gear for different scenarios is a neat feature.

Swappin gear to match the scenario is pretty much essential for the second half of the game in 1999 mode. With a couple constants though. Once I found the Blood for Salts shirt, it never came off. And the Storm hat is immensely useful. Those two combined with a fully upgraded Devil's Kiss = endless volleys of extremely powerful grenades. Does well against pretty much all enemies. Especially in the siren fights because, in case you didn't know this already, if you kill the guys she ressurrects with fire, the bodies burn up and she can't bring them back again. If you start those fights by following her around to her rez spots, and wrecking everyone with fire traps, then all you gotta do is stand back and shoot her.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] i dont think Bioware attempted a mind F*** ending at all (i was pretty happy with it and felt the extended cut was good). not the ending i would have chose, but i can see why they went that way. "citadel" more than made up for it. Bioshocks ending is on the other hand a "mind F***" cannot wait for the DLCsts106mat

I ment the part about creating massive amounts of discussions about the ending and meaning of the ending. The original ending was supposed to create lots of "speculation for eveyone" according to Mac walters but it failed to do that because of its execution,Because you really couldn"t make sense of what had just happened and if you tried to replay the game you still wouldn't understand. Bishock (for me anyway) I was a bit confused repalyed it found alot of voxiphones and in game clues and finally pieced it together.The revelation of casper the genocidal ghost and his explanation was supposed to be OMG part of mass effect 3..but it felt really forced and contrived. I suppose part of mass effect 3 problem was all the choices they had to take into account when coming up with the end which made it even more complicated

ok, "mind f***" is just the wrong choice of words there then.

my bad

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 musalala

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

i played on hard first time, i died..... a lot. i am on 1999 mode now and finding it pretty easy so far because i am playing it in a much different manner. i am dreading the siren fights. swapping gear for different scenarios is a neat feature.

Swappin gear to match the scenario is pretty much essential for the second half of the game in 1999 mode. With a couple constants though. Once I found the Blood for Salts shirt, it never came off. And the Storm hat is immensely useful. Those two combined with a fully upgraded Devil's Kiss = endless volleys of extremely powerful grenades. Does well against pretty much all enemies. Especially in the siren fights because, in case you didn't know this already, if you kill the guys she ressurrects with fire, the bodies burn up and she can't bring them back again. If you start those fights by following her around to her rez spots, and wrecking everyone with fire traps, then all you gotta do is stand back and shoot her.

There is part where you can repeatedly reload right before a gear, u can do this until you get the specifci gear you want...I think its before the part where booker gets his had stabbed. I got the 40% chance to get salts for a kill like this.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

Here's something I don't quite understand, if someone could explain it to me.

At the end Booker gets drowned by Elizabeth to prevent Comstok's "birth", but wouldn't this just create another universe where he didn't get drowned, making the entire point moot? Or am I missing something?

KungfuKitten

How? There's only one universe where the Baptism that creates Comstock takes place.

Yes if that is true it would explain everything. I don't see how she knows that there is only one universe where that happens but it would explain the whole ending.

Constants and Variables, it's demonstrated throughout the entire game (Cointoss, Pendant, ect) :?

Bookers life up until the Baptism that creates Comstock is Constant, the Baptism is the Variable.