Bioshock Infinite edning and story is a total cop out and unfair (some spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

No I'm not trolling. Hear me out.

Two words: Quantum Physics

Won't go in to too much details

Wen I first started hearing them talking about Quantum Physicists, Quantum Physics/Theories and Elizabeth started opening portals to worlds that are just "slightly different" I just got a bad taste in my mouth and I was pretty spot on what they did with it at the end.

Basically its a very fascinating theory and I recommend looking in to it if you are in that sort of thing (the hole thing about there are infinite amount of worlds and every thing that can ever happen has already happend, every single possible arrangement of all atoms ect ect) however do you know what else it is ?

THE MOTHER OF ALL PLOT HOLES. The writers can do anything, whrite anything, have a TON of plotholes (and they do ofcorse) and excuse it with Quantum Physics/Theories.

Just OMG, there are SOOOOO may plot holes in the story and eding of this game. I bet I can list over 50 right now if I take the time. BUT WAIT, ops can't say sh*t about it... its the Quantum PhysicistZ. Anything can happen DERP.

The hole story based on one of our most far fetched theories.. f*cking awesome. There are so many unanswered questions. plot holes and things that just don't makes sence and ofcurse it all excused with all mighty plot hole of plot holes Quantum theories or whatever.

Liked the game but man is the story bullsh*t.Totall cop out imo.

Bioshock 1 is so much better wen it comes to a twist and story/ They wnet WAAAAY too overboard with this.

Bioshcok "INFITE" wink. NO. F*ck that.

So what did you think of it?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

what happened? does Booker end up with eliziBeth? i love happy endings <3 :oops:

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

what happened? does Booker end up with eliziBeth? i love happy endings <3 :oops:

PSdual_wielder

since the spoiler tag is already on...

the answer is no, and they wouldn't because she's his daughter.

noooooooooo :cry:

couldn't they have just went out anyways, who cares if they are related :?

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beganoo

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

PSdual_wielder

Now that you mention it just to point one one of the many MANY big plot holes.

Why does she have super powers then, hes a normal guy..

oh wait ! quantum physics! That explains eveyrthing.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Its just context. But if quantum physics is more important to you than Booger and Lizard Breath's conclusion then I gues thats cool. Plus Levine did say the game is made to appeal to a Broader audience, so I gues for me and my fellow Dimwits Quantum Physics means nothing.
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beganoo

Its just context. But if quantum physics is more important to you than Booger and Lizard Breath's conclusion then I gues thats cool. Plus Levine did say the game is made to appeal to a Broader audience, so I gues for me and my fellow Dimwits Quantum Physics means nothing.Lulekani

Nothing made sense thanks to quantum physics.I can really get in to how the very ending wiht the "girls" is just super stupid but its insane to argue quantum physics so whatever.On the other hand the 1st Bioshock made total snense to me.

Also don't be a Dimwit , be the Duke my man.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

Sounds like someone didn't listen to any of the voxophones.

What weren't you clear on? Maybe take a look at this and it will help you wrap your brain around the games ideas. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCQx9U6awFw

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#10 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

beganoo

The theory people are putting forward is because she lost her finger in one dimension and she existed in another dimension she has the power because she was existing in multiple dimensions. I'm sure thats probably what ken would use as his reasoning anyway.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts
oh boohoo why don't you petition to have the ending changed and write hate email to the developers... worked for ME3
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 beganoo

What weren't you clear on? Maybe take a look at this and it will help you wrap your brain around the games ideas. 

Vaasman

Yeah got 77 in my 1st playthrough.Listend to all of them

What I'm not clear on ? Ok heres a few.

Why would killing one of Booker kill all of them (very ending).

Why were they only like 5 Elizabeths if there are millions of them.

Why all the gateways are lighthouses.

Why did booker torchered hes daughter if he loved her so much.

What was the purpose of the syphon.

Why did the gunsmith die in the 3th world if he helped the VOX.

Why did people form demetrios shared thoughts wihtout really traveling between them (the nose bleeding).

What was the deal with the ghost of the 1st lady.

Why did elizabeth said she could wish thigs to happen but then it turns out that the things are just there in million worlds.

Why would she have controll over all dimensions and gates if she has parts in only two dimensions.

Why would haveing parts in differnt dimations give you power.Does it work on blood, booker blead all over those worlds.

How can her normal human brain comprehend billions of dimensions.

Why did booker went  compleatley  insane and wanted to invade NW. Because he took a baptism at some point ?That stupid a ***.

I can keep going

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vaasman

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

zarshack

The theory people are putting forward is because she lost her finger in one dimension and she existed in another dimension she has the power because she was existing in multiple dimensions. I'm sure thats probably what ken would use as his reasoning anyway.

In the game, the Lucteces' develop similar abilities in a very similar way. Fink sabotages their machine, so it appears they died, but they instead gain the ability to be in any place at any time. Their devices have adverse affects on people exposed as well. In the voxophones, Comstock is mentioned as having loads of tumors and being completely sterile because of the research, so I guess he got the short end of that stick. Either way, the tower they put Elizabeth in was designed to suppress her abilities, so she was reliant on tears until it was destroyed, at which point she started moving freely through the multiverse. So yes her accident left her the same as the Luteces.

At least thats what I gathered from it.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 beganoo

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Vaasman

In the game, the Lucteces' develop similar abilities in a very similar way. Fink sabotages their machine, so it appears they died, but they instead gain the ability to be in any place at any time. Their devices have adverse affects on people exposed as well. In the voxophones, Comstock is mentioned as having loads of tumors and being completely sterile because of the research, so I guess he got the short end of that stick. Either way, the tower they put Elizabeth in was designed to suppress her abilities, so she was reliant on tears until it was destroyed, at which point she started moving freely through the multiverse. So yes her accident left her the same as the Luteces.

At least thats what I gathered from it.

Why didn't the tower suppress the Lucteces powers if it had such a huge range. They were doing whatever they wanted in columbia.

quantum much ?

Also if they wanted to help booker to be with hes daughter why didn't they tell him to disable the syphon from get go. He was alone near it in the beginning. Cut some cables GAME OVER

Oh and if they wanted to help him get hes  daughter why didn't they just send him to the point where he gave her up but waited 20 years ?

Do you even realsie how many plot holes this "quantum" plot device creates ?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Its just context. But if quantum physics is more important to you than Booger and Lizard Breath's conclusion then I gues thats cool. Plus Levine did say the game is made to appeal to a Broader audience, so I gues for me and my fellow Dimwits Quantum Physics means nothing.beganoo

Nothing made sense thanks to quantum physics.I can really get in to how the very ending wiht the "girls" is just super stupid but its insane to argue quantum physics so whatever.On the other hand the 1st Bioshock made total snense to me.

Also don't be a Dimwit , be the Duke my man.

Ignorance is Bliss, besides being a dimwit sucks only if its mandatory, but if its a choice it actualy benefits me.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

beganoo

Why did people form demetrios shared thoughts wihtout really traveling between them (the nose bleeding).

Why did elizabeth said she could wish thigs to happen but then it turns out that the things are just there in million worlds.

Why would she have controll over all dimensions and gates if she has parts in only two dimensions.

Why would haveing parts in differnt dimations give you power.Does it work on blood, booker blead all over those worlds.

Why did booker went  compleatley  insane and wanted to invade NW. Because he took a baptism at some point ?That stupid a ***.

I can keep going

I'll go down the line.

-They aren't killing Booker, they are killing Comstock. You think of them too literally as the same person. They shifted to the point in time where Booker was reborn as Comstock, and killed him there before the event ever happened. That singular moment was what lead to the existence of Comstock and Columbia, and by drowning him, Comstock ceases to exist in any universe.

-That's a stupid question honestly. Would you prefer they filled the screen with a million billion Elizabeths, all slightly different? Actually maybe that would have been cool, to see a swarm of Elizabeths smother him like a zombie hoard.

-The game says there are always constants between the universes. There is always one lighthouse, one man, and one city. I really don't see how it's a plot hole even if that weren't mentioned. Maybe they just are lighthouses, does it really matter in the scheme of things? If the door was a block of cheese then yea I might be confused. The lighthouse was an iconic starting point for both main Bioshock games, so it seems like a reasonable choice for a universal door. 

-Comstock tortured his daughter, not Booker. They are the same person, yes, but the split in the line causes them to develop wildly different personalities. After becoming born again as Comstock, he basically becomes a whackjob, as they clearly demonstrate. Booker learned to live with his sins instead of turning himself into a nutty phophetsor. Comstock only sees her as fulfilling his vision, and he has no real regard for what that takes.

-It suppresses and uses Elizabeths powers. Seriously that one was obvious, it was in the main dialogue a lot near the end.

-Because the Vox are douches? Either that or Comstock's forces took him out only after the weapons were created, I can't quite remember. Does this really matter in any way to the overarching plot? He's such a minor character, his only real purpose is to show how people change between universes after manipulation. If you want to consider it a contrivance then sure, but it's hardly a plothole.

-The mind fills itself with memories where none exist. Replay the opening. When Booker sees the posters of himself as a hero, he remembers being that hero because thats what happened in that new universe and he's coping with the new reality. When Elizabeth asks about her finger, he is hearing about what originally happened in his universe, and it conflicts with the story his mind created. It just seems like something to help normal minds cope with the jumps in reality. When the characters die, they go insane while their minds catch up to the reality where they weren't dead.

-They said in the game that Elizabeth created her, unintentionally because of the mini-siphon, and her anger at her own mother during the creation was what made her feral and incorporeal.

- She just has less strength her abilities. I thought it was pretty obvious she was gaining more and more control over it by the end when she turns the entire lab into a cornfield with a roaring tornado, and she moves Booker across 60 something years of time. In the beginning she struggles to make a small portal to Paris.

-The accident afflicted her the same as the Luteces'. Inappropriate exposure to the devices allowed them to exist in any time and space the same way she does at the end. It doesn't really have to do with her being in 2 universes at once, it has to do with her being exposed to the machinery.

-Your English is abysmal. I don't even know what you're saying here. No wonder you're failing to grasp anything.

- I don't know jack about how eyes work, does that mean I can't see or blink? You don't have to fully comprehend a latent ability to harness it. Just because she can move between universes freely at the end, doesn't mean she's omnipotent and must process the information of infinite universes and possibilities all at once.

Also, she's smart as hell. Did you not see the scene where she knows the coordinates to New York and knows Booker is taking her to the wrong place, even though she's never been outside her room and has no reason to know that kind of information?

-Being baptized lead him down a completely different path in life, he meets different people and develops certain unhealthy ideaologies that he does not when he isn't baptized. The whole idea of the game is that a small change can make a huge difference. It wasn't the baptism itself necessarily.

I recommend you look up the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment. To just give the gist of it, a cat sits in a box, and there is a 50/50 chance that it will be poisoned. Quantum physics says that the cat is both alive and dead until the box is open and you find out. That's basically what's going on.

Your spelling and grammar are so bad that it makes me think it all just went right over your head. You're making mountains out of molehills and looking for problems where there aren't any. You took what abiguity was there and didn't put the slightest bit of thought into it.

There are problems with the plot, yes, but they come more from the paradoxes creating by manipulations of the timelines than anything. The grandfather paradox is presented in particular, when Elizabeth kills the baptized Booker. If Comstock never exists, then none of the events would have happened, and therefore Elizabeth wouldn't have gone back and stopped the baptism because she wasn't capable, which means he would exist, and so on and so forth.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I didn't even look at anything you wrote because I don't want to spoil the ending for myself, but how does this in any way belong in the "System Wars" forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

TC judging by what you posted in here you didnt understand a great deal of what happened in the game. Main one being liz's powers. She has them because her pinky came off and her physical body was split across two worlds and two timelines. You should look on youtube and neogaf for further explanations

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulekani
So let me try to summarise. The Lutece twins used quantum physics to build something to help columbia float, and alil side project to help them research the space time continium using a machine, which made Comstock sick, and impotent, so he used The Lutece twins space time continium machine to get himself an heir (Anna/Elizabeth) and The twins and Lady Comstock refused to keep his secret so he sabotaged the machine which was suppose to kill the Twins but ended up making them time traveling annoyences, which set the chain of events that take place in the game right ? Ouch my head hurts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1

So let me try to summarise. The Lutece twins used quantum physics to build something to help columbia float, and alil side project to help them research the space time continium using a machine, which made Comstock sick, and impotent, so he used The Lutece twins space time continium machine to get himself an heir (Anna/Elizabeth) and The twins and Lady Comstock refused to keep his secret so he sabotaged the machine which was suppose to kill the Twins but ended up making them time traveling annoyences, which set the chain of events that take place in the game right ? Ouch my head hurts.Lulekani
i dont know if she intended to kill them but she thought lady lutece was the mother of the child. Also the male lutece twin is just the same as lady lutece from another timeline

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I'm not sure how to respond since your post is about as smeared and badly conveyed as you say the ending is. There was plenty of foreshadowing to the game's cerebral conclusion. There were plenty of twists that were based in the game's direct context a little better, like Elizabeth's finger. I wonder which of those lighthouses goes to the next Shock game... because I sure want it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I'm not sure how to respond since your post is about as smeared and badly conveyed as you say the ending is. There was plenty of foreshadowing to the game's cerebral conclusion. There were plenty of twists that were based in the game's direct context a little better, like Elizabeth's finger. I wonder which of those lighthouses goes to the next Shock game... because I sure want it.NAPK1NS
what did you think of infinite after overall?

alien1280rhys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alien1280rhys
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts

Is the "finger" theory backed up in game? Or speculation? I'm on a second run, and the recording from Lutece in Liz' tower seems to indicate that it was her mere pressence there, the "peas mixing with the porrige" as she puts it. It would still make sense that she's able to use powers compared to DeWitt, who has only been there for a few days, as opposed to a developing child being there for many years... if DeWitt was there for a few months he may have been able to.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]So let me try to summarise. The Lutece twins used quantum physics to build something to help columbia float, and alil side project to help them research the space time continium using a machine, which made Comstock sick, and impotent, so he used The Lutece twins space time continium machine to get himself an heir (Anna/Elizabeth) and The twins and Lady Comstock refused to keep his secret so he sabotaged the machine which was suppose to kill the Twins but ended up making them time traveling annoyences, which set the chain of events that take place in the game right ? Ouch my head hurts.seanmcloughlin

i dont know if she intended to kill them but she thought lady lutece was the mother of the child. Also the male lutece twin is just the same as lady lutece from another timeline

Lol, so basicly its The Lutece Twins fault. Elizabeth/Ada was suppose to exist as Booker and Comstock's daugters in each of their respective universes, but the twins machine causedComstock's impotence, forced him to steal Bookers daughter.
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 beganoo

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Vaasman

I can keep going

I'll go down the line.

-They aren't killing Booker, they are killing Comstock. You think of them too literally as the same person. They shifted to the point in time where Booker was reborn as Comstock, and killed him there before the event ever happened. That singular moment was what lead to the existence of Comstock and Columbia, and by drowning him, Comstock ceases to exist in any universe.

-That's a stupid question honestly. Would you prefer they filled the screen with a million billion Elizabeths, all slightly different? Actually maybe that would have been cool, to see a swarm of Elizabeths smother him like a zombie hoard.

-The game says there are always constants between the universes. There is always one lighthouse, one man, and one city. I really don't see how it's a plot hole even if that weren't mentioned. Maybe they just are lighthouses, does it really matter in the scheme of things? If the door was a block of cheese then yea I might be confused. The lighthouse was an iconic starting point for both main Bioshock games, so it seems like a reasonable choice for a universal door. 

-Comstock tortured his daughter, not Booker. They are the same person, yes, but the split in the line causes them to develop wildly different personalities. After becoming born again as Comstock, he basically becomes a whackjob, as they clearly demonstrate. Booker learned to live with his sins instead of turning himself into a nutty phophetsor. Comstock only sees her as fulfilling his vision, and he has no real regard for what that takes.

-It suppresses and uses Elizabeths powers. Seriously that one was obvious, it was in the main dialogue a lot near the end.

-Because the Vox are douches? Either that or Comstock's forces took him out only after the weapons were created, I can't quite remember. Does this really matter in any way to the overarching plot? He's such a minor character, his only real purpose is to show how people change between universes after manipulation. If you want to consider it a contrivance then sure, but it's hardly a plothole.

-The mind fills itself with memories where none exist. Replay the opening. When Booker sees the posters of himself as a hero, he remembers being that hero because thats what happened in that new universe and he's coping with the new reality. When Elizabeth asks about her finger, he is hearing about what originally happened in his universe, and it conflicts with the story his mind created. It just seems like something to help normal minds cope with the jumps in reality. When the characters die, they go insane while their minds catch up to the reality where they weren't dead.

-They said in the game that Elizabeth created her, unintentionally because of the mini-siphon, and her anger at her own mother during the creation was what made her feral and incorporeal.

- She just has less strength her abilities. I thought it was pretty obvious she was gaining more and more control over it by the end when she turns the entire lab into a cornfield with a roaring tornado, and she moves Booker across 60 something years of time. In the beginning she struggles to make a small portal to Paris.

-The accident afflicted her the same as the Luteces'. Inappropriate exposure to the devices allowed them to exist in any time and space the same way she does at the end. It doesn't really have to do with her being in 2 universes at once, it has to do with her being exposed to the machinery.

-Your English is abysmal. I don't even know what you're saying here. No wonder you're failing to grasp anything.

- I don't know jack about how eyes work, does that mean I can't see or blink? You don't have to fully comprehend a latent ability to harness it. Just because she can move between universes freely at the end, doesn't mean she's omnipotent and must process the information of infinite universes and possibilities all at once.

Also, she's smart as hell. Did you not see the scene where she knows the coordinates to New York and knows Booker is taking her to the wrong place, even though she's never been outside her room and has no reason to know that kind of information?

-Being baptized lead him down a completely different path in life, he meets different people and develops certain unhealthy ideaologies that he does not when he isn't baptized. The whole idea of the game is that a small change can make a huge difference. It wasn't the baptism itself necessarily.

I recommend you look up the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment. To just give the gist of it, a cat sits in a box, and there is a 50/50 chance that it will be poisoned. Quantum physics says that the cat is both alive and dead until the box is open and you find out. That's basically what's going on.

Your spelling and grammar are so bad that it makes me think it all just went right over your head. You're making mountains out of molehills and looking for problems where there aren't any. You took what abiguity was there and didn't put the slightest bit of thought into it.

There are problems with the plot, yes, but they come more from the paradoxes creating by manipulations of the timelines than anything. The grandfather paradox is presented in particular, when Elizabeth kills the baptized Booker. If Comstock never exists, then none of the events would have happened, and therefore Elizabeth wouldn't have gone back and stopped the baptism because she wasn't capable, which means he would exist, and so on and so forth.

My english is bad becuase I'm really tired after beating the game and its not my native but whatever.

Btw thanks for your wall of speculation and bullsh*t.

lets go over it again.

1. Nope, not how it works.There is no "singular" moments in a multiverse theory. Writers made it up and pulled it out of their a*s.Its a plot hole.Do your f*cking homework.

2. So yeah, plothole.

3. Whriters pulled it out of theirs ass for the purpose of thier story.

4. Really now?One baptism can turn people in to H*tler ?

5./6. Ok fine.

7. Again, she pulled just him and her through the portal. Why would other people  be getting new memories.They never moved.

8.Yes they did say that .Since when does Elizapeth has the power to create "things" out of thin air? Wasn't it just rifts  and interdimensional travel.Is she just  Dr Manhattan now? Not really explained how it works at all. Another plothole.

9. Go back to 8.

10. It didn't effect them in the same way. One was just a portal "cut" and the other was a sabotage of the entire device.Also people keep saying its the body parts in different worlds so you answered nothing really.

11. Then why does she know what to exactly do to "stop booker" without anyone telling her ? After the syphon went down she got information from somewhere and a lot of it. From where anyway?

12. She said she had a lot of time to read wen she was locked up.. dones't mean shes smart. Anyone can memorize.

13. Ok it did change hes life but I still fail too see how it made him so f*cking awful.Butterfly effect or not they explained nothing.

14. Mock my english all you want but you seem to not have the slightest idea how the multiverse theory works and you just  listen to the game... which is completely full of plotholes.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulekani
^ ^ ^ Beganoo & Vaasman, you're both @ss holes, so focused on slandering eachothers inteligence and protecting your own that neither of you two are helping me understand the plot. Quit attacking eachother, swallow your pride and help me figure out this conundrum. For everybody's sake.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Maybe if you took the time to listen to all voxophones and listened very well to what was being said throughout the whole game, you'd find barely to no plotholes. It all makes sense. I also read what you said in your latest post, to me it all made sense. You're taking things too literal.

The lighthouse is probably a rip to other universes. It was a way for Irrational Games to include Rapture as an easter egg.

You also, don't need 10 million Elizabeths to kill 1 single person, who's willing to die for what he's done/will do.

In multiple universes the only choice that Booker could make at the baptism is either refuse it or accept it,  in both choices he takes the wrong turn.If he dies the choice to refuse or accept that baptism is gone, as well as for all other universes. They of course can't undo what already happened in the other ones but thousands of people die in every one of them if they didn't stop Booker.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Something tells me, like what has already been said, that you werent paying attention very much to the big details.  

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 beganoo

Something tells me, like what has already been said, that you werent paying attention very much to the big details.  

WiiMan21

I'll try to explain better why I disslike this quantum thing a lot.Forget the plot holes.The game is well written and they did try to cover them but it can't happen if you have a multiverse theory. You really need to look outside the box and not just want the game shows you.

Most game worlds (like Bioshock 1 for example) have RULES. Doesnt matter if its sci fi, magic, steam punk there are rulles in the world itself that make sense in their own right.

Bioshock infinite tackles however a thoery and world with no rules.It gives the writing and story team pretty much total freedom to do whatever they want to without the need to explain it  properly, give any reason or make any sence.They DID try to give explanations but it just doesnt't work.You can not explain quantum theory. ANYTHING GOES.Thats the essence of it.There are no details and there really can't be.

I don't like that. I liked the world of Bioshock 1/2. It was constant steam punk world and I was really excited they would add more to it with Columbia.They didn't really. They established its a differnt world and there are infinite possibilities ect ect and hole game ended up focusingp on that.. just so they can have some twist at the end.

What happend to racism theams ? That was so unique in a game. If found it so fascinating. It was A DIFFERENT kind  horror never seen in a game before. Not the dark corridors and mosters but something more real and maybe even more scary.

And what did they do, they went ape sh*t with quantums and droped it.

If you just scratch surface , yes it can kinda make sense but if you start to really think about it you might see where I'm comming from.You have no idea how hyped was I about this game and how disappointed I feel even atm.This had no place in a Bioshock game. It is way too extream and it ruins the world for me.

From the monet Elizabeth opend that 1st alternet dimension I had a BAD taste in my mouth and I knew where this was going.

Its hard to explain but again I'm really disappointed.

And its not just the story, I actually disliked a buch of things gameplay wise but I wont go in to that now.

I can acknowledge is a pretty damn good game but something rubs me really really wontg abou it.

Maybe I've overreacting but it is what it is.Its how I feel.

Take it from me, too much personal hype its not a good thing at all.

And just FYI. I took me 19 hours to beat this game becasue I was seaching every single room multiple times (sometimes) to find every littel detail.I was lookng at postes, painting and pretty much everything.I was really invested.

I really cant remeber wen (or if ever) a game had such bitter taste to me even tho I know it is quite good overall.Its very unsettling.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 beganoo

Oh one more thing. So you can understa why I call it going "over board".

Do you know what the infinte multiverse really is supposed to be?

Ok imagine that there is a world that is exactly like ours expet there is one atom missing in the universe. Now imagie the same world but with 2 missing atoms.

Now imagine a universe where our world is flat and there are bumblebees riding tigers.They all exist simultaneosly. And that just 3 worlds. There are infinite worlds, atom for atom, second for second EVERYTHING that can possibly be is, every human idea + infinity, every sigle littel thing,from a universe with one atom to a univers with elephants flying in space. EVERYTHING EVER, IN EVERY TIME AT THE SAME TIME. Every single possibility IN TO exitance in any given fragment of time and space over and oaver and over again in to in which every universe is infinte by itself.

This theory is just insanely huge. Its not just "he gets baptised or not" there is no starting ponit for them to kill him. Everything is one and its literary everything.

There must by happy elizabeths, sad elizabeths ,no elizabeths at all, elizabeths that are moneky and any other possibility in any other time.

All of this ruins the game world.Its has no place in bioshock. Even if they wanted they could never have represented the theory properly so why do it at all.

It was just so ridiculous for them to make it 2 options.Hes baptised or not.He becomes Comstock or not.There must be billions of different ways hes story happend in the multiverse.Not just 2... its really dumb.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I don't get it =/= Plotholes.

Please explain to me what you thought was a plothole so I can tell you the answer since you forgot to listen to the AudioLogs and VideoLogs.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulekani

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

beganoo

I'll try to explain better why I disslike this quantum thing a lot.Forget the plot holes.The game is well written and they did try to cover them but it can't happen if you have a multiverse theory. You really need to look outside the box and not just want the game shows you.

Most game worlds (like Bioshock 1 for example) have RULES. Doesnt matter if its sci fi, magic, steam punk there are rulles in the world itself that make sense in their own right.

Bioshock infinite tackles however a thoery and world with no rules.It gives the writing and story team pretty much total freedom to do whatever they want to without the need to explain it  properly, give any reason or make any sence.They DID try to give explanations but it just doesnt't work.You can not explain quantum theory. ANYTHING GOES.Thats the essence of it.There are no details and there really can't be.

I don't like that. I liked the world of Bioshock 1/2. It was constant steam punk world and I was really excited they would add more to it with Columbia.They didn't really. They established its a differnt world and there are infinite possibilities ect ect and hole game ended up focusingp on that.. just so they can have some twist at the end.

What happend to racism theams ? That was so unique in a game. If found it so fascinating. It was A DIFFERENT kind  horror never seen in a game before. Not the dark corridors and mosters but something more real and maybe even more scary.

And what did they do, they went ape sh*t with quantums and droped it.

If you just scratch surface , yes it can kinda make sense but if you start to really think about it you might see where I'm comming from.You have no idea how hyped was I about this game and how disappointed I feel even atm.This had no place in a Bioshock game. It is way too extream and it ruins the world for me.

From the monet Elizabeth opend that 1st alternet dimension I had a BAD taste in my mouth and I knew where this was going.

Its hard to explain but again I'm really disappointed.

And its not just the story, I actually disliked a buch of things gameplay wise but I wont go in to that now.

I can acknowledge is a pretty damn good game but something rubs me really really wontg abou it.

Maybe I've overreacting but it is what it is.Its how I feel.

Take it from me, too much personal hype its not a good thing at all.

And just FYI. I took me 19 hours to beat this game becasue I was seaching every single room multiple times (sometimes) to find every littel detail.I was lookng at postes, painting and pretty much everything.I was really invested.

I really cant remeber wen (or if ever) a game had such bitter taste to me even tho I know it is quite good overall.Its very unsettling.

Oh now I get it. So basicly you wanted Bioshock Limited, or Bioshock Moderate. You right, in alot of ways Infinity distorts the narrative significantly.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jankarcop

Not many people agree with the OP, most people love the ending.  

Then again they understood it, unlike him.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LustForSoul

I get what you're saying. They kinda got away with the multiverse stuff. When you think about it, there's no way Booker only had 2 things happen at the baptism. In another universe he doesn't even go there and just kills himself. Maybe he didn't even gamble in another universe. So in that case, yes, the story is weaksauce.

They wrote the story really well and so they got away with a really cool concept of multiverses and whatnot. It's an extremely simple ending packed into, what seems, a complicated story. I get your point. I wish Rapture was more involved as well, that little time in Rapture was the only thing that had anything to do with Bioshock. It's like they used Rapture as an excuse to slap a Bioshock sticker on the title. Was a good game though.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jankarcop

I get what you're saying. They kinda got away with the multiverse stuff. When you think about it, there's no way Booker only had 2 things happen at the baptism. In another universe he doesn't even go there and just kills himself. Maybe he didn't even gamble in another universe. So in that case, yes, the story is weaksauce.

LustForSoul

You don't get it. Ofcourse there was trillions of possible events at the Baptism...

But they only needed to kill the varations that can results in a Comstock creation that specifically meats the Letouces.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 beganoo

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]

Jankarcop

You don't get it. Ofcourse there was trillions of possible events at the Baptism...

But they only needed to kill the varations that can results in a Comstock creation that specifically meats the Letouces.

Only that killing him once wont do sh*t because in the multiverse time stays as a hole and everything reaptes infinite times. The varations are infite because time is infite in an infinte loop.

They say IN GAME that time is not like a stram but an ocean and then THEY GO back on it. Killing Booker at the end of the game should have not done anything.In a multivers there must be billons of way he becomes Comstock not just a  baptism.

I think you dont get what the multiverse is supposed to be. You just get what the game told you which is a joke. This is a story for dimwits that are not familiar with the theory as a hole.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LustForSoul

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]

Jankarcop

I get that. I'm just saying, there's trillions of other possible outcomes when you talk multiverse. As in, in one he's going to become the second fuhrer and wipe out half the planet, like any other person could have. You could see what Elizabeth did to NY. I know that's just looking into it way too far. I take the story for what it is and think it's great, haven't seen any other dev try that and succeed like IG did.

They should've tried to kill the Luteces, those 2 started the tearing into other universes thing. Comstock tried to kill them but they are masters in that space-time travel thing now.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]

beganoo

Only that killing him once wont do sh*t because in the multiverse time stays as a hole and everything reaptes infinite times. The varations are infite because time is infite in an infinte loop.

They is say IN GAME that time is not like a stram but an ocean and then THEY GO back on it. Killing Booker at the end of the game should have not done anything.In a multivers there must be billons of way he becomes Comstock not just a  baptism.

I think you dont get what tmultiverse is supposed to be. you just get what the game told you which is a joke. This is a story for dimwits that are not familiar with the theory as a hole.

Elizabeth and Booker are only concerned with plotline Comstock. That is, the one who becomes crazy, then builds Columbia, then ruins a bunch of people's lives. Whether or not you believe that that moment is the only one Comstock could have been born in Booker's mind, is irrelevant, because it's the only one where Comstock goes on to create Columbia. That moment happens in every timeline where he creates Columbia and kidnaps Elizabeth, so she is removing that event.

Also the multiverse is infinite but Elizabeth explains in the end that they are all similar, and that there are constants between them. Even if regular multiverse theory is different from that, the game has set up it's rules and that's how it is.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 beganoo

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Vaasman

They is say IN GAME that time is not like a stram but an ocean and then THEY GO back on it. Killing Booker at the end of the game should have not done anything.In a multivers there must be billons of way he becomes Comstock not just a  baptism.

I think you dont get what tmultiverse is supposed to be. you just get what the game told you which is a joke. This is a story for dimwits that are not familiar with the theory as a hole.

Elizabeth and Booker are only concerned with plotline Comstock. That is, the one who becomes crazy, then builds Columbia, then ruins a bunch of people's lives. Whether or not you believe that that moment is the only one Comstock could have been born in Booker's mind, is irrelevant, because it's the only one where Comstock goes on to create Columbia. That moment happens in every timeline where he creates Columbia and kidnaps Elizabeth, so she is removing that event.

Also the multiverse is infinite but Elizabeth explains in the end that they are all similar, and that there are constants between them. Even if regular multiverse theory is different from that, the game has set up it's rules and that's how it is.

Nope sorry they called it quantum physics, not magic. There are no rulles in the multiverse, there can't be.You might call that a plot hole ?

Do you people even realise how absurd is to aruge quantum theories. We can do it for hundreds of years and get nowhere. Its a wasted of time. There a are no limits in the multiverse. If comstoc excited once he must and will exist infite times in and infinite loop.Killing him once somewhere in the time line cant do anything because time will loop back to it again and again and again and ofcourse there are all the other trillions of worlds where Comstoc  does exactly  what he wants to do and there is just an extra bird on the planet or something.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jankarcop

But thats how it works for the game, and she explained it.  It was the constant event.

Thus it was explained so it is not a plothole, its you trying to inject your wikipedia training into the game and pretend its a plothole.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

beganoo

Nope sorry they called it quantum physics, not magic. There are no rulles in the multiverse, there can't be.You might call that a plot hole ?

Do you people even realise how absurd is to aruge quantum theories. We can do it hundreds of years and get nowhere. Its a wasted of time. There a are no limits in the multiverse. If comstoc excited once he must and will exist infite times in and infinite loop.

It's called a theory for a reason. There is no way of knowing what other universes and timelines would be like if they existed. I'm not sure why you've come to the conclusion that the game's version of a multiverse has to be your version. If the game sets up rules for time travel and universes, why can't you just accept them? It's not like they've made 2+2=fish, they're dealing with theories and science fiction that could easily work in the ways they decided.

Did you even listen to what the game told you in the first place?

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 beganoo

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Elizabeth and Booker are only concerned with plotline Comstock. That is, the one who becomes crazy, then builds Columbia, then ruins a bunch of people's lives. Whether or not you believe that that moment is the only one Comstock could have been born in Booker's mind, is irrelevant, because it's the only one where Comstock goes on to create Columbia. That moment happens in every timeline where he creates Columbia and kidnaps Elizabeth, so she is removing that event.

Vaasman

Do you people even realise how absurd is to aruge quantum theories. We can do it hundreds of years and get nowhere. Its a wasted of time. There a are no limits in the multiverse. If comstoc excited once he must and will exist infite times in and infinite loop.

It's called a theory for a reason. There is no way of knowing what other universes and timelines would be like if they existed. I'm not sure why you've come to the conclusion that the game's version of a multiverse has to be your version. If the game sets up rules for time travel and universes, why can't you just accept them? It's not like they've made 2+2=fish, they're dealing with theories and science fiction that could easily work in the ways they decided.

Its very philosophical in has no place in a bioshock game. Bioshock is about straightforward, clever steampunk story with a twist. You know what? I was so hyped when I heard reviews talking about an awesome twist in this game. You know what else ? The momet I realised what the story was about I knew there will be like 5 tiwst and that they wont mean sh*t because anything goes in the multiverse.

As I said before all that completely f*cked the hole bioshock world for me. I don't  like this in this game.. maybe if it was the last game it would be more passable but i'm pretty sure there are going to be making sequels.

And the next sequal will be in just another world. This story completely ruins the the idea of the bioshock world I had.It doesnt make it better in anyway.

If it was just time travel SURE ! I'm up for it. But multiverse ?? F*cking really ??

And if you now tell me that even tho they have few rules here and there in the game  it explains everything including the subtle things and details you are full of sh*t .There is suspension of disbelief and there is bioshock and its multiverse.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

beganoo

Its very philosophical in has no place in a bioshock game. Bioshock is about straightforward, clever steampunk story with a twist. You know what? I was so hyped when I heard reviews talking about an awesome twist in this game. You know what else ? The momet I realised what the story was about I knew there will be like 5 tiwst and that they wont mean sh*t because anything goes in the multiverse.

As I said before all that completely f*cked the hole bioshock world for me. I don't  like this in this game.. maybe if it was the last game it would be more passable but i'm pretty sure there are going to be making sequels.

And the next sequal will be in just another world. This story completely ruins the the idea of the bioshock world I had.It doesnt make it better in anyway.

If it was just time travel SURE ! I'm up for it. But multiverse ?? F*cking really ??

And if you now tell me that even tho they have few rules here and there in the game  it explains everything including the subtle things and details you are full of sh*t .There is suspension of disbelief and there is bioshock and its multiverse.

Yea you're not even reading what I'm writing. Next time you want to post your moronic ramblings, reserve them to your blog, where you won't have to discuss them after the fact.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jankarcop

This guy just trashed his own thread. Lock this to save him from further embarassment.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 beganoo

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Vaasman

Its very philosophical in has no place in a bioshock game. Bioshock is about straightforward, clever steampunk story with a twist. You know what? I was so hyped when I heard reviews talking about an awesome twist in this game. You know what else ? The momet I realised what the story was about I knew there will be like 5 tiwst and that they wont mean sh*t because anything goes in the multiverse.

Yea you're not even reading what I'm writing. Next time you want to post your moronic ramblings, reserve them to your blog, where you won't have to discuss them after the fact.

I said I find it poitless arguing about multiverse in a previous post you dumb fu*k.It actually is one of the most pointless things one can do w.Maybe you should have read what I've said.

I was trying to explain to you why I find this hole idea inappropriate in bioshock. All you did in your previous post is more speculation. "We can't know this we cant now that".Stfu. If you can't know its plot hole.

What are you gonna tell me next.My Opion is wrong.Game fanboys are no differen the lems sheep and cows.So yeah go f*ck yourself.I know very well the responds I'm going to get after posting a smei hate thread on a new game a lot of people are loving.

And even tho you pretend you are all resonable and logical you are just making excuses for a lot of things that should't be excused.Fanboyism works on many many levels even if you don't realise it.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulekani

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Vaasman

Don't be rude. Besides he's right, there are no rules. Bioshock Infinite is the Event Horizon of video games. He doesn't like it that way and I don't blame him, however I do love how it all unfolds.
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 beganoo

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

Lulekani

Don't be rude. Besides he's right, there are no rules. Bioshock Infinite is the Event Horizon of video games. He doesn't like it that way and I don't blame him, however I do love how it all unfolds.

Oh don't you worry. He can be as rude as he likes. I give what I get.

And yeah the story was very very interesting while I was playing.Too bad the bad taste of multiverse trash was getting progressively worst up till the end.For me.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

beganoo

I said I find it poitless arguing about multiverse in a previous post you dumb fu*k.It actually is one of the most pointless things one can do w.Maybe you should have read what I've said.

I was trying to explain to you why I find this hole idea inappropriate in bioshock. All you did in your previous post is more speculation. "We can't know this we cant now that".Stfu. If you can't know its plot hole.

What are you gonna tell me next.My Opion is wrong.Game fanboys are no differen the lems sheep and cows.So yeah go f*ck yourself.I know very well the responds I'm going to get after posting a smei hate thread on a new game a lot of people are loving.

And even tho you pretend you are all resonable and logical you are just making excuses for a lot of things that should't be excused.Fanboyism works on many many levels even if you don't realise it.

Uh I didn't excuse anything, everything I mentioned in all of my posts was in the game, and later it became a matter of understanding very very basic storytelling. If the story sets up simple rules in the exposition, then you follow the plotline understanding those rules, whether they are realistic or not. If they deviate from the established rules without explanation, or don't explain why something does not fit the norm of the setting, then it's a plothole.

If you simply don't like the rules they set up, that's fine, but don't say it was a cop out or unfair just because you don't like listening to what you've been told.

The way you worded it makes it seem like you're upset because it wasn't the direction where you wanted the story to go. Is that it?