Battlefield 1943 PC delayed until 2010

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="legol1"][QUOTE="fatzebra"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Meh, I don't care, I'm not even getting it anyways. ANYBODY who's played 1942 knows it's twice the game 1943 is.

Besides, with BF3 coming, nobody could seriously want 1943 more. :)

Yeah all the consoliets are living it up right now, but when BF 3 hits exclusive to PC they'll be crying again, because the best BF experience will once again be found only on the PC.

im curious , do you have a BF3 launch date ?

Nope, all we know is that it's in development.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#102 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They must be doing more work with the Frostbite engine on PCs. Still sucks though. Thats why I got it on my 360.

Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
PCs have mods though. I'm pretty sure that this is a big deal. Also, I play on both console and PC and I very much prefer mouse keyboard over gaming controller for most games. And with PC you're going to get the best looking graphics; but of course at a hefty price.
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
Whatever, i'lll just keep playing BF2 and AIX/PR until then... show me a console game anywhere near as good as this and ill get it (oh wait there isn't)
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

I dont understand it either. The only logical reason i can think of is that they are working on a map pack or some sort of DLC for the game. Who knows. But yea to the TC, its kinda retarded that they are doing this loll. Considering Battlefield started on the PC. (makes sense they get the content first).

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I'm fairly certain with releases like Arma II PC gamers don't give a **** about BF: 1943.

I mean, there are reasons to have a PC. Name me ONE console game that can do ANYTHING like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU

Is there even a PC gamer around that saw BF: 1943 as a major buy after they released it?

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#107 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Meh, I don't care, I'm not even getting it anyways. ANYBODY who's played 1942 knows it's twice the game 1943 is.

fatzebra

Yeah all the consoliets are living it up right now, but when BF 3 hits exclusive to PC they'll be crying again, because the best BF experience will once again be found only on the PC.

What are you talking about? Most non internet raving console gamers won't even know it exists, nor would they give two **** since they have BC2 (and other stuff but that is off topic) which is good enough. I'll be playing both because I am not a stuck up elitist like someone ;)

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i didnt like bf1943 that much anyway, so im not really that worried about it

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#109 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Wait, which BF game was this one again?!
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Yah, it sucks I know. I'm so tired of the imbalanced **** pile known as TF2. I'd love a different game to play with a big community, but EA won't deliver it to me! Guess I should get back into CS 1.6

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts

I'm fairly certain with releases like Arma II PC gamers don't give a **** about BF: 1943.

I mean, there are reasons to have a PC. Name me ONE console game that can do ANYTHING like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KK6Fo3Y0AU

Is there even a PC gamer around that saw BF: 1943 as a major buy after they released it?

-TheSecondSign-
pwn.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

well this is a horrible news for hermits *goes back to playing BF1943 on 360*

sikanderahmed
I guess so *goes back to playing Battlefield 2*
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="legol1"][QUOTE="fatzebra"] Yeah all the consoliets are living it up right now, but when BF 3 hits exclusive to PC they'll be crying again, because the best BF experience will once again be found only on the PC.tagyhag
im curious , do you have a BF3 launch date ?

I've only heard of Bad Company 2 coming out. Is 3 something completely different? Because I really want a new shooter to come out, and I have nothing to get excited for.

LOLzwtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LOLzwtf
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
the frostbite engine sucks i never liked it.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="fatzebra"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

It's EA we're talking about, and the engine will already be up and running on consoles. Better than even money on a multiplatform release, I'd say.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="legol1"] im curious , do you have a BF3 launch date ?treedoor

I've only heard of Bad Company 2 coming out. Is 3 something completely different? Because I really want a new shooter to come out, and I have nothing to get excited for.

BF3 will be the successor to BF2. They're different in the sense that there are more classes/ bigger maps/ more players, but we still don't know about the destructibility of it. (Hopefully they don't stick to the BF2 formula in that department, and use Bad Company 2's destructible environments.)
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

Even if BF1943 for PC was scrapped altogether most PC gamers couldn't care less. EA just needs to bring out BF3 already.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
Didn't read any of the thread but i hope someone pointed out that they delayed it to bring it up to what PC gamers expect out of their games. I.E. it's gonna be a MUCH bettr game then the 360/PS3 versions
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SparkyProtocol
the frostbite engine sucks i never liked it.LOLzwtf
Here is a suggestion... STICK TO QUAKE LIVE There clearly isn't anything else for you with all of these alt accounts and negative comments.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SparkyProtocol
Didn't read any of the thread but i hope someone pointed out that they delayed it to bring it up to what PC gamers expect out of their games. I.E. it's gonna be a MUCH bettr game then the 360/PS3 versionsVideoGameGuy
I already posted that they delayed it for PC because it is going to be a different experience compared to the console versions.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I dont know why pc gamers would even want this game

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

A thread about an inferior game of an old PC shooter that has been played to hell and back. On top of that, it's started by a console fanboy. Yea, I've never seen this before. :roll:

1. They are making the PC version of 1943 32 players rather than just 24.

2. The main reason it's taking longer, which rarely happens, is the frostbite engine was actually built around consoles (which was the main focus of Bad Company despite the fact that it sold terribly on consoles, hence, BC2 is going to PC to increase sales drastically). They have to optimize it for PC. Considering there's even more players in the PC version this is understandable.

3. What's with the PC bashing? Seriously, PC has the biggest back library and the largest amount of exclusives in the future (yes, it's true, look for yourself). On top of that you can get a $600 gaming PC that outperforms the PS3/360 by 3x at least. PC has the best graphics, best version of multiplats (not even mentioning exclusives), mods, KB/Mouse, and basically gets all the worthwhile games on consoles as well as the most exclusives and tons of indie games. Most games are released simultaneously on everything if they are multiplat and the PC always has the superior version.

4. This thread was started by a console fanboy. Nuff' said. So the insecurity the console fanboys have rolls on...

and most importantly...

5. Battlefield 1942 is far superior to 1943. Yes, I own 1943. It isn't even half the game 1942 is. And, as with most PC games, 1942 is still heavily played online. TC fails.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

A thread about an inferior game of an old PC shooter that has been played to hell and back. On top of that, it's started by a console fanboy. Yea, I've never seen this before. :roll:

1. They are making the PC version of 1943 32 players rather than just 24.

2. The main reason it's taking longer, which rarely happens, is the frostbite engine was actually built around consoles (which was the main focus of Bad Company despite the fact that it sold terribly on consoles, hence, BC2 is going to PC to increase sales drastically). They have to optimize it for PC. Considering there's even more players in the PC version this is understandable.

3. What's with the PC bashing? Seriously, PC has the biggest back library and the largest amount of exclusives in the future (yes, it's true, look for yourself). On top of that you can get a $600 gaming PC that outperforms the PS3/360 by 3x at least. PC has the best graphics, best version of multiplats (not even mentioning exclusives), mods, KB/Mouse, and basically gets all the worthwhile games on consoles as well as the most exclusives and tons of indie games. Most games are released simultaneously on everything if they are multiplat and the PC always has the superior version.

4. This thread was started by a console fanboy. Nuff' said. So the insecurity the console fanboys have rolls on...

and most importantly...

5. Battlefield 1942 is far superior to 1943. Yes, I own 1943. It isn't even half the game 1942 is. And, as with most PC games, 1942 is still heavily played online. TC fails.

Puckhog04
Also, the $600 PC has almost 100% compatibility with games dating back to the 80s (providing XP)
Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Pc gamer's are getting the Bf2 patch 1.5 tomorrow which come's with a new map and the booster packs are free there's another 6 free maps for those who never bought them. Can't really get better than that.