Battlefield 1943 PC delayed until 2010

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I loled. I wonder if the TC realises EA makes PC exclusive games. Oh wait.. I see who it is! Why would EA ditch thier second most profitable platform? :lol:

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

[QUOTE="dc337"][QUOTE="Crossel777"]

1943 is just a noobified version of 1942 so who the hell cares.

Crossel777

Oh right because 1942 was just so difficult to master (eye roll). Anyways people do care, check out the 1943 pc forum for yourself.

Oh what with the lesser classes, lesser maps, lesser multiplayer options and the inclusion regenerating health. 1943 is just a dumbed down half breed with only better graphics to call it's own. The people that care probably don't even know of the superior version's existance.

I'm with you on this one. No true battlefield fan cares about 1943 on the PC....Why? Because Battlefield 2 is CRAPLOADS better and Battlefield 3 will be craploads better than that. I played the 1943 trial, its lame

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Meh, Battlefield 3 is what I'm more interested in.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
itt some guy telling me I should enjoy PC gaming less
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Crossel777"][QUOTE="dc337"] Oh right because 1942 was just so difficult to master (eye roll). Anyways people do care, check out the 1943 pc forum for yourself. Uptown

Oh what with the lesser classes, lesser maps, lesser multiplayer options and the inclusion regenerating health. 1943 is just a dumbed down half breed with only better graphics to call it's own. The people that care probably don't even know of the superior version's existance.

I'm with you on this one. No true battlefield fan cares about 1943 on the PC....Why? Because Battlefield 2 is CRAPLOADS better and Battlefield 3 will be craploads better than that. I played the 1943 trial, its lame

lulz @ bf snobs

sorry i'm not in the rareified stratosphere of the 1337

bf 43 is a great game and i've played almost all of them on pc...too bad you are the way you are and can't enjoy it for what it is

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="jimm895"]I tried the 1942 demo from PSN and it's just a arcade game that really needs no real skill to master. I have 1943 and there is a lot more to this game than 1942 has. The planes require some skill to dart, climb, dive attack, and overall just keep it in the air to begin with. The vehicles also require some skills of when and where to use them.jimm895
1942 is not on PSN.

Are you sure because I downloaded the demo a few days ago from the Playstation Network. I played the demo for a few minutes and found it kinda boreing over 1943.

Battlefield 1942 is only on pc as far as i know
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] 1942 is not on PSN.adamosmaki
Are you sure because I downloaded the demo a few days ago from the Playstation Network. I played the demo for a few minutes and found it kinda boreing over 1943.

If you have a PS3 you can find it on the PSN store, the game or the demo depending on which one you want.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="jimm895"] Are you sure because I downloaded the demo a few days ago from the Playstation Network. I played the demo for a few minutes and found it kinda boreing over 1943.jimm895

If you have a PS3 you can find it on the PSN store, the game or the demo depending on which one you want.

Can you give a link? because after a search i found nothing on that
Avatar image for garbagegames200
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 garbagegames200
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

Battlefield started on the pc and yet EA won't even release a simple REMAKE at the same time as the console version. Are we really supposed to believe that they need more time for the pc version? If the ps3 version of a game is more difficult to program, why then is the pc version always delayed? They need over 4 more months to finish the pc version? For a remake that uses an older 3d engine? Are we really supposed to believe that?

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version.

How can people who are pc-only put up with this type of crap? Delays, excuses, treated like suckers...don't you get sick of it?

The arrogance of pc-only gamers on this board needs to be taken down a notch. It isn't the 90's when the pc was a priority for big gaming companies. Outside of rts and mmorpg the pc has become a delayed console port machine. Bragging about your sli machine is a joke when you have to wait 5 months to play a console port in a slightly higher resolution. It's an even bigger joke when that game is a remake that started on the pc.

dc337
Why arent you banned yet? You act like you were one of the people who was playing quake 1# online back in 1996, lol but i know u werent. this game will still be better on pc and yes pc is the hardest to develop for because you have to optimize for different types of hardware not just one piece of hardware like a console.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

bf1942 and 1942 are not the same. 1942 was an old arcade game if thats what youre confusing it with

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 garbagegames200
console development is much easier than console, ur making ur game to work on one piece of hardware. everyone switching to consoles proves they are lazy half ass developers though.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 washd123

Why arent you banned yet? You act like you were one of the people who was playing quake 1# online back in 1996, lol but i know u werent. this game will still be better on pc and yes pc is the hardest to develop for because you have to optimize for different types of hardware not just one piece of hardware like a console.garbagegames200

the pc is actually the easiest platform to develop for. the whole issue of optimization is circumvented by DX or opengl

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 garbagegames200

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"] Why arent you banned yet? You act like you were one of the people who was playing quake 1# online back in 1996, lol but i know u werent. this game will still be better on pc and yes pc is the hardest to develop for because you have to optimize for different types of hardware not just one piece of hardware like a console.washd123

the pc is actually the easiest platform to develop for. the whole issue of optimization is circumvented by DX or opengl

Nah pc is the most difficult you gotta optmize ur game for many different cpu's and gpus. console ur only optimizing for one gpu and one cpu. much easier. even john carmack said console development is easier than pc.
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 garbagegames200
no real developers around anymore too much of noobs to make cutting edge pc games.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"] Why arent you banned yet? You act like you were one of the people who was playing quake 1# online back in 1996, lol but i know u werent. this game will still be better on pc and yes pc is the hardest to develop for because you have to optimize for different types of hardware not just one piece of hardware like a console.garbagegames200

Nah pc is the most difficult you gotta optmize ur game for many different cpu's and gpus. console ur only optimizing for one gpu and one cpu. much easier. even john carmack said console development is easier than pc.

The optimization doesnt take as long to finish as you think thanks to DX mainly and openGL that washd123 pointed out. Is much easier developing for an open platform
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 washd123

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"] Why arent you banned yet? You act like you were one of the people who was playing quake 1# online back in 1996, lol but i know u werent. this game will still be better on pc and yes pc is the hardest to develop for because you have to optimize for different types of hardware not just one piece of hardware like a console.garbagegames200

again the optimization thing doesnt apply. due to DX mostly. they dont have to spend the time since itd be utterly impossibly to optimize for every possible combination.

but bottom line ask any developer whats easier to make a pc game or a console game and theyll say pc.

example why do you think FC was made by 3 people? and considered one of the top graphics games in 2004? name me the last top console game made by 3 people

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Played enough of 1943 on my 360 was a great game but pc version coming 2010? wut the point of even releasing it when BC:BC2 is coming 2010 which is much superior game?
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 garbagegames200

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"][QUOTE="washd123"]

washd123

again the optimization thing doesnt apply. due to DX mostly. they dont have to spend the time since itd be utterly impossibly to optimize for every possible combination.

but bottom line ask any developer whats easier to make a pc game or a console game and theyll say pc.

pc is the most difficult because you gotta make sure you build the game so it will run on low end pc's also so you dont totally eliminate ur audience then only people highend can run it. not to mention optimization. trust me consoles are childs play toys easy to develop for compared to a pc.
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 garbagegames200
That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"] Nah pc is the most difficult you gotta optmize ur game for many different cpu's and gpus. console ur only optimizing for one gpu and one cpu. much easier. even john carmack said console development is easier than pc.garbagegames200

pc is the most difficult because you gotta make sure you build the game so it will run on low end pc's also so you dont totally eliminate ur audience then only people highend can run it. not to mention optimization. trust me consoles are childs play toys easy to develop for compared to a pc.

Why should we trust you? You aren't a developer.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Doesn't really matter if they release it or not really, the Battlefield games have always outsold the console versions and that will continue anyway.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="garbagegames200"]That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.

What you call empires total war,project offset, battlefield 3,Arma 2, stalker clear sky and the upcoming call of prypiat, shaddered horizon ( from the creators of 3dmark)? Again thanks to DX11 is quite easy to program for PC
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 garbagegames200
[QUOTE="garbagegames200"][QUOTE="washd123"]again the optimization thing doesnt apply. due to DX mostly. they dont have to spend the time since itd be utterly impossibly to optimize for every possible combination.but bottom line ask any developer whats easier to make a pc game or a console game and theyll say pc.pyromaniac223

Why should we trust you? You aren't a developer.

Because john carmack and even yeri of crytek said consoles are easier to develop for than the pc. it's common sense one piece of hardware is easier to build a game for than buiding a game that runs on more than 1 piece of hardware.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 washd123

That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.garbagegames200

no no its not. please just stop talking about development you obviously have no knowledge of video game development and are really just making yourself look ignorant

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 garbagegames200
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="garbagegames200"]That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.

What you call empires total war,project offset, battlefield 3,Arma 2, stalker clear sky and the upcoming call of prypiat, shaddered horizon ( from the creators of 3dmark)? Again thanks to DX11 is quite easy to program for PC

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH dx11 is easy to program for? that's why no true direct x 10 games even exist? muchless direct x 11.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

not the least bit bothered i don't feel like im missing out on a dumb-downed noobified battlefield game(unlimited ammo and grenades regenrating health :lol: ) that is a major step backwards IMO. i mean we've been playing the superior game since 2002 when bf 1942 came out and bf2 in 2005 so if any thing its about time console gamers got something.

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 garbagegames200

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"]That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.washd123

no no its not. please just stop talking about development you obviously have no knowledge of video game development and are really just making yourself look ignorant

john carmack said developing for ps3 and xbox360 is easier than pc GTFO it's common sense one piece of hardware is easier to build a game for than buiding a game that runs on more than 1 piece of hardware
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Oh, no...not 1943!!! :roll: We have Battlefield 2 with a new patch coming. We also have 2142 Bad Company 2 is coming to PC Battlefield 3 is coming EA makes PC exclusives, and it's their second most profitable system. So why in the hell would a PC only gamer be upset that they're not getting a port of a XBLA/PSN game?
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 washd123

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="garbagegames200"]That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.garbagegames200

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH dx11 is easy to program for? that's why no true direct x 10 games even exist? muchless direct x 11.

A. DX11 isnt out yet

B. DX10 was more mon the hardware side than software. if it werent for so many people hanging on to DX9 thered be much more true DX10 games.

C. games are made for the pc on a pc. its much easier to write a program for a pc than to write it transfer it using a dev kit and then optimize it.

Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
game is lame so i could care less.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 washd123

john carmack said developing for ps3 and xbox360 is easier than pc GTFO it's common sense one piece of hardware is easier to build a game for than buiding a game that runs on more than 1 piece of hardwaregarbagegames200

no he really didnt. and its not common knowledge since its not true. unless you have had any experience writing programs and making games kindly stop talking.

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 garbagegames200

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"] john carmack said developing for ps3 and xbox360 is easier than pc GTFO it's common sense one piece of hardware is easier to build a game for than buiding a game that runs on more than 1 piece of hardwarewashd123

no he really didnt. and its not common knowledge since its not true. unless you have had any experience writing programs and making games kindly stop talking.

Yes he did say xbox360 and ps3 is easier to develop for than the pc. because the development tools are better one of the reasons also another reason ur making a game for a static piece of hardware. console development cost more getting started but pc development is more difficult.
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 garbagegames200
reason y we dont have any good pc shooters anymore there's no skilled dev's anymore all a bunch of noobs
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="garbagegames200"]That's why you dont even see high budget pc games really anymore because the console is just easier to develop for and the developers lack skills these days. so that's why they all on console.garbagegames200

Bf bad company 2, dirt 2 already conformed to use dx11 a few months before dx11 launch. Reason why dx10 didnt succeed is not because is difficult to program for. there alot of reasons most important it required to have vista while most pc gamers ( even today i think) have xp
Also you said you dont see high budget pc games anymore and i pointed a few ( some are released some are coming)

ALso Dx 11 is very easy to make the transtion from DX9/DX10 ( matter of days)

Edit: Budget has very little to do with how good and how great looking a pc game is. Look what they did with sins of solar empires with a budget less than $1 million

garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 garbagegames200

[QUOTE="garbagegames200"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] What you call empires total war,project offset, battlefield 3,Arma 2, stalker clear sky and the upcoming call of prypiat, shaddered horizon ( from the creators of 3dmark)? Again thanks to DX11 is quite easy to program for PC adamosmaki

Bf bad company 2, dirt 2 already conformed to use dx11 a few months before dx11 launch. Reason why dx10 didnt succeed is not because is difficult to program for. there alot of reasons most important it required to have vista while most pc gamers ( even today i think) have xp
Also you said you dont see high budget pc games anymore and i pointed a few ( some are released some are coming)

ALso Dx 11 is very easy to make the transtion from DX9/DX10 ( matter of days)

Those are dx9 games with dx11 extensions not true dx11 games.
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 garbagegames200
a true direct x 10 game or dx11 wouldnt run on dx9 hardware.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 adamosmaki
a true direct x 10 game or dx11 wouldnt run on dx9 hardware.garbagegames200
A DX11 game is already confirmed to be backwards compatible with DX10 and DX 9 hardware
garbagegames200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 garbagegames200
[QUOTE="garbagegames200"]a true direct x 10 game or dx11 wouldnt run on dx9 hardware.adamosmaki
A DX11 game is already confirmed to be backwards compatible with DX10 and DX 9 hardware

it's not a true direct x 11 or direct x 10 game. a true dx10 or dx11 has no backwards compatibility. only runs on dx10 or dx11. dev's need to make a true dx10 game first before they move to dx11 developers are such noob trash these days though, that's why everyones on a console is easier to make crappy console games.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] Battlefield 1942 is only on pc as far as i knowadamosmaki

I'm not sure if you can find it if you go to the PS3 web site and look at the game list. If anyone you know has a PS3 they can go to the PSN store from their PS3 and you can find it there. Sometimes the web doesn't have the games from PSN on any site that can be accessed via a PC.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="garbagegames200"]a true direct x 10 game or dx11 wouldnt run on dx9 hardware.garbagegames200

it's not a true direct x 11 or direct x 10 game. a true dx10 or dx11 has no backwards compatibility. only runs on dx10 or dx11. dev's need to make a true dx10 game first before they move to dx11 developers are such noob trash these days though, that's why everyones on a console is easier to make crappy console games.

D11 compatible with DX10 hardware

again dx11 will be backwards compatible with DX10 hardware

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="jimm895"] If you have a PS3 you can find it on the PSN store, the game or the demo depending on which one you want.jimm895

I'm not sure if you can find it if you go to the PS3 web site and look at the game list. If anyone you know has a PS3 they can go to the PSN store from their PS3 and you can find it there. Sometimes the web doesn't have the games from PSN on any site that can be accessed via a PC.

Dude you are confusing battlefield 1942 with 1942 ( old arcade game as you said )
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

HD twins killing gaming. The proofs just keep coming.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

well this is a horrible news for hermits *goes back to playing BF1943 on 360*

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Meh, I don't care, I'm not even getting it anyways. ANYBODY who's played 1942 knows it's twice the game 1943 is.

Besides, with BF3 coming, nobody could seriously want 1943 more. :)

fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 fatzebra
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
Things that will justify this delay. :64 player (or atleast 32) : Omaha beach map(or just new maps) : Piloting bombers : More classes And of course, we know it'll look better on PC ;)
fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 fatzebra

Meh, I don't care, I'm not even getting it anyways. ANYBODY who's played 1942 knows it's twice the game 1943 is.

tagyhag
Yeah all the consoliets are living it up right now, but when BF 3 hits exclusive to PC they'll be crying again, because the best BF experience will once again be found only on the PC.
fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 fatzebra
Why are you all ignoring the fact that 1943 for PC will be different than the console one? They have stated this numerous times...SparkyProtocol
Because then the consolites wouldnt have anything to cry about =(. gotta give the 14 y/o's something to do.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

loco145

says the wii lover lololol

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
[QUOTE="fatzebra"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Yeah all the consoliets are living it up right now, but when BF 3 hits exclusive to PC they'll be crying again, because the best BF experience will once again be found only on the PC.

im curious , do you have a BF3 launch date ?
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

[QUOTE="loco145"]

sikanderahmed

says the wii lover lololol

What an insightful criticism. Im looking forward more of your posts.