Battlefield 1943 PC delayed until 2010

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Battlefield started on the pc and yet EA won't even release a simple REMAKE at the same time as the console version. Are we really supposed to believe that they need more time for the pc version? If the ps3 version of a game is more difficult to program, why then is the pc version always delayed? They need over 4 more months to finish the pc version? For a remake that uses an older 3d engine? Are we really supposed to believe that?

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version.

How can people who are pc-only put up with this type of crap? Delays, excuses, treated like suckers...don't you get sick of it?

The arrogance of pc-only gamers on this board needs to be taken down a notch. It isn't the 90's when the pc was a priority for big gaming companies. Outside of rts and mmorpg the pc has become a delayed console port machine. Bragging about your sli machine is a joke when you have to wait 5 months to play a console port in a slightly higher resolution. It's an even bigger joke when that game is a remake that started on the pc.

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
This is why im a console gamer.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

So what you're saying is that you only like mainstream games from big companies. Too bad. PC has lots of support from smaller and indie companies, especially in Europe. Which make IMO better games than the mainstream developers and publishers do. PC gaming is fine, we don't need your console ports. Especially since 1942 is in every way superior and was released 7 years before.

Avatar image for LithuanianGamer
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LithuanianGamer
Member since 2009 • 2997 Posts
That sucks.I was waiting for it :(
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dc337

So what you're saying is that you only like mainstream games from big companies. Too bad. PC has lots of support from smaller and indie companies, especially in Europe. Which make IMO better games than the mainstream developers and publishers do. PC gaming is fine, we don't need your console ports. Especially since 1942 is in every way superior and was released 7 years before.

HenriH-42

I don't see how you can say 1942 is superior in every way when 1943 has a graphics update. Anyways calm down, I used to play 1942 all the time. It's a fun game and though maybe you didn't care about 1943 a lot of pc gamers were upset by the delay.

Anyways what I'm saying has nothing to do with games being indie or from big companies.

It has more to do with pc gamers being treated as alow priority.

I just don't see how people can be pc-only when this type of crap happens so often.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Pretty lame. But on the bright side, it will probably have more/different content when it releases.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

1943 is just a noobified version of 1942 so who the hell cares.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
lol, trying to make pc look back using 1943, when there was better game on pc long time back --- sometimes I wonder if people even think a little before bashing PC
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dc337

Crossel777
Oh right because 1942 was just so difficult to master (eye roll). Anyways people do care, check out the 1943 pc forum for yourself.
steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

dc337

I don't see how you can say 1942 is superior in every way when 1943 has a graphics update. Anyways calm down, I used to play 1942 all the time. It's a fun game and though maybe you didn't care about 1943 a lot of pc gamers were upset by the delay.

Anyways what I'm saying has nothing to do with games being indie or from big companies.

It has more to do with pc gamers being treated as alow priority.

I just don't see how people can be pc-only when this type of crap happens so often.

It tends to only happen with few console-to-PC port jobs. Considering the PC has the largest amount of high scoring exclusives to entertain the userbase, it's very easy to be a PC-only gamer

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dc337

lol, trying to make pc look back using 1943, when there was better game on pc long time back --- sometimes I wonder if people even think a little before bashing PCnaval
It's part of a trend this gen that includes:

1. Delaying pc versions of multiplats with poor excuses

2. Treating pc gamers like crap

Why put up with it? Why not own a gaming pc and a console?

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dc337
[QUOTE="steve17989"]

It tends to only happen with few console-to-PC port jobs. Considering the PC has the largest amount of high scoring exclusives to entertain the userbase, it's very easy to be a PC-only gamer

So you deal with it by mostly playing old pc games?
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 naval

[QUOTE="naval"]lol, trying to make pc look back using 1943, when there was better game on pc long time back --- sometimes I wonder if people even think a little before bashing PCdc337

It's part of a trend this gen that includes:

1. Delaying pc versions of multiplats with poor excuses

2. Treating pc gamers like crap

Why put up with it? Why not own a gaming pc and a console?

It's a part of a different trend actually --- Simplying PC games and porting them to consoles. And why I don't buy a console -- I don't really care for these simplified or too action oriented console focussed multiplats

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

dc337
Oh right because 1942 was just so difficult to master (eye roll). Anyways people do care, check out the 1943 pc forum for yourself.

Oh what with the lesser classes, lesser maps, lesser multiplayer options and the inclusion regenerating health. 1943 is just a dumbed down half breed with only better graphics to call it's own. The people that care probably don't even know of the superior version's existance.
steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 steve17989

[QUOTE="steve17989"]

dc337

Since the PC has the highest amount of AA+ exclusives for 2009 alone, no I won't be playing old games.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dc337

[QUOTE="dc337"][QUOTE="Crossel777"]

Crossel777

Oh what with the lesser classes, lesser maps, lesser multiplayer options and the inclusion regenerating health. 1943 is just a dumbed down half breed with only better graphics to call it's own. The people that care probably don't even know of the superior version's existance.

Battlefield 1942 is an arcade shooter that is pretty easy to pick up and play. It isn't as if they simplified a military sim. Who knows, it might actually be more fun than the original. It has gotten pretty good scores so far.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dc337

[QUOTE="dc337"][QUOTE="steve17989"]

steve17989

Since the PC has the highest amount of AA+ exclusives for 2009 alone, no I won't be playing old games.

Does that include Sims and Nancy Drew games?

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
Aww, if it isn't our resident pc basher making a whole thread for a delayed psn/xbla port.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 naval

Aww, if it isn't our resident pc basher making a whole thread for a delayed psn/xbla port.ManicAce
not to mention how strange is that considering PC had a better game long time back :lol: and now we are suppose to care much about this

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 steve17989

[QUOTE="steve17989"]

[QUOTE="dc337"] So you deal with it by mostly playing old pc games? dc337

It includes the Sims 3 (which was pretty damn good) but no Nancy Drew games. Are you a fan or something?

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dc337
Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.
steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 steve17989

Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.dc337

Mass Effect was originally 360 exclusive, so I'd say that's a fair trade-off. Given the option of playing either version of both those games, I'll always choose he superior PC one.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ManicAce
Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.dc337
Oh look someone with a quake avatar, you know, that game that always sucks on consoles.
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dc337

It includes the Sims 3 (which was pretty damn good) but no Nancy Drew games. Are you a fan or something?

steve17989

No I was just wondering if that list includes the top pc sellers which tend to be Sims/Drew/Warcraft.

PC games these days are mostly casual/rts/mmorpg in case you hadn't noticed. The biggest pc racing game this year was Burnout Paradise, another delayed multiplat.

So anyways having a lot of "AA" exclusives doesn't mean much when they are centered around 3 genres. If the wii had 20 AAA exclusives it would be silly for wii fans to brag about them if they were all for moms and children.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Battlefield started on the pc and yet EA won't even release a simple REMAKE at the same time as the console version. Are we really supposed to believe that they need more time for the pc version? If the ps3 version of a game is more difficult to program, why then is the pc version always delayed? They need over 4 more months to finish the pc version? For a remake that uses an older 3d engine? Are we really supposed to believe that?

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version.

How can people who are pc-only put up with this type of crap? Delays, excuses, treated like suckers...don't you get sick of it?

The arrogance of pc-only gamers on this board needs to be taken down a notch. It isn't the 90's when the pc was a priority for big gaming companies. Outside of rts and mmorpg the pc has become a delayed console port machine. Bragging about your sli machine is a joke when you have to wait 5 months to play a console port in a slightly higher resolution. It's an even bigger joke when that game is a remake that started on the pc.

dc337

There's ARMA for the PC.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dc337

[QUOTE="dc337"]Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.ManicAce
Oh look someone with a quake avatar, you know, that game that always sucks on consoles.

The avatar is from the original quake, the version I played the most. Oh and Quake 3 on the Dreamcast scored the same as the pc version. I played both versions, it was a fair score.

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 steve17989

[QUOTE="steve17989"]

dc337

No I was just wondering if that list includes the top pc sellers which tend to be Sims/Drew/Warcraft.

PC games these days are mostly casual/rts/mmorpg in case you hadn't noticed. The biggest pc racing game this year was Burnout Paradise, another delayed multiplat.

So anyways having a lot of "AA" exclusives doesn't mean much when they are centered around 3 genres. If the wii had 20 AAA exclusives it would be silly for wii fans to brag about them if they were all for moms and children.

If they scored AA or higher they would have to quality games regardless of genre. And no, there is a diversity in the exclusives I mentioned. Ranging from Combat Sims, Shooters, RTS, Managers, RTT, Adventure and strategy.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Yes EA would encourage more to go to consoles considering the majority of thier profit is on the PC :roll: which they have announced themselves. Its not even a remake..... and its barely a good game, come back when you get the proper battlefields.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="steve17989"]

dc337

Thanks to the American taxpayers, there's the free America's Army 3 (which uses Unreal Engine 3) on the PC. 20 million downloads on the first day.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Wasnt bad company 2 originally Console Exclusive, OH NOES ;) self-owned.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ManicAce

[QUOTE="ManicAce"][QUOTE="dc337"]Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.dc337

The avatar is from the original quake, the version I played the most. Oh and Quake 3 on the Dreamcast scored the same as the pc version. I played both versions, it was a fair score.

Oh yeah, Q3 on DC was great, too bad the console died, pearls to the pigs I guess. And the original Quake was on consoles too btw, and sucked just like Quake4 and Quake Wars did.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Does anyone care? I know I dont. Hell new Battlefield 2 patch released on sept. 2nd. And from what I have heard, the frosbite engine is having some troubles porting across platforms. And yes PC gamers want ports such as thus, when games like Empire Total War and ArmA 2 push the boundaries of their hardware.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="ManicAce"][QUOTE="dc337"]Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.dc337

I own both. The PC version is better, keyboard attachment or not, no doubt about that. What does it matter, the entire Quake and Doom series was ported to many platforms.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Didnt EA announced battlefield 3 for PC? Didnt EA announced battlefield bad company 2 on pc and consoles where as the first was only on consoles? Didnt EA adding dx11 support to Bad Company 2? Didnt EA announced C&C4 as pc exclusive? I think EA did all that
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Wow.

You sure like to lash out desperately to try and 'own' someone, huh?

Meanwhile, PC gamers are very dissapointed they're still receiving the most high quality exclusive games, as well as their immense back catalogue. Ah, but I'm sure several of those games shouldn't count for some arbitrary reason.

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version. dc337

Oh my god! Warner Brothers is trying to get people to switch away from the Wii, DS, PS2 and PSP, they recently delayed Aragon's Quest!

Oh noes! Splinter Cell has been delayed! Ubisoft must want people to switch away from the 360 and Wii!

Gadzooks! MAG has been delayed! Sony Computer Entertainment must want people to switch away from the PS3....err wait, what?

Or, it could just be that games get delayed. It's kind of a common occurence in this industry.

Seriously, this is like saying the government is trying to murder people through the Department of Transportation after a car accident.

You continue to be one of the primary sources of trite on these forums dc337, I wouldn't have it any other way.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

[QUOTE="dc337"]Oh look someone with a Dragon Age avatar. Wasn't that originally a pc exclusive? You know, spirtual successor to Baldur's Gate? To be a pc-only gamer these days must require some thick skin to handle all that disappointment.Danm_999

Wow.

Meanwhile, PC gamers are very dissapointed they're still receiving the most high quality exclusive games, as well as their immense back catalogue. Ah, but I'm sure several of those games shouldn't count for some arbitrary reason.

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version. dc337

Oh my god! Warner Brothers is trying to get people to switch away from the Wii, DS, PS2 and PSP, they recently delayed Aragon's Quest!

Oh noes! Splinter Cell has been delayed! Ubisoft must want people to switch away from the 360 and Wii!

Gadzooks! MAG has been delayed! Sony Computer Entertainment must want people to switch away from the PS3....err wait, what?

Or, it could just be that games get delayed. It's kind of a common occurence in this industry.

Seriously, this is like saying the government is trying to murder people through the Department of Transportation after a car accident.

You continue to be one of the primary sources of trite on these forums dc337, I wouldn't have it any other way.

to be fair though it should be hard to port that game to the pc.. its obvious its a marketing stratergy lol

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

[QUOTE="dc337"]

Wow.

[QUOTE="dc337"]This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles. There is no way this delay is due to technical reasons. Of course they will say it is but they're not going to flat out state that they delayed it encourage people to buy the console version. o0squishy0o

to be fair though it should be hard to port that game to the pc.. its obvious its a marketing stratergy lol

It probably is, but I doubt it's to kill sales on their second most profitable system.

The fact dc337 told us in the first post his goal is to take Hermits down a peg demonstrates how objective his reading of this situation is.

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts
You'll be glad. 1943 is a joke dude, even 1942 is more advanced then 1943. You are better off getting Battlefield 2 or 1942 then this crap. I wasted my XBL points for it, only to realize it was a muddy, aliased, uglyfeast that didn't even have large maps or improved gameplay.
froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts

This was probably a move by EA to encourage more people to ditch pc gaming and switch to consoles.

dc337

You mean the same EA who recently said that PCs are rapidly becoming the largest gaming platform in the world? The same EA who has published a number of PC exclusives and aslo developing a few PC exclusives?

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

Wait, I thought pc gamers didn't care about this remake.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#41 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

dc337

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right :( I'm an impatient dude, so I already enjoyed 1943 on my 360, but would have preferred on the PC.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
another WW2 game i'll pass, i'm sick of WW2 games
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#43 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

I still don't see why PC gamers are arrogant. IF it's anyone, it's the console elitists like you who try to bring it down with pointless threads. I've never heard a PC gamers say "console sucks!", but the opposite has happened quite often. Please stop being a hypocrite.

You just keep repeating the same crap over and over again. This is like the 23907589th time we heard you say that no games are coming out for PC. I know it's hard to understand, but if people still like their PC for games, then your little opinion probably won't change that, no matter how hard you try to troll.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I tried the 1942 demo from PSN and it's just a arcade game that really needs no real skill to master. I have 1943 and there is a lot more to this game than 1942 has. The planes require some skill to dart, climb, dive attack, and overall just keep it in the air to begin with. The vehicles also require some skills of when and where to use them.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#45 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Why are you all ignoring the fact that 1943 for PC will be different than the console one? They have stated this numerous times...
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#46 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
I tried the 1942 demo from PSN and it's just a arcade game that really needs no real skill to master. I have 1943 and there is a lot more to this game than 1942 has. The planes require some skill to dart, climb, dive attack, and overall just keep it in the air to begin with. The vehicles also require some skills of when and where to use them.jimm895
1942 is not on PSN.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="jimm895"]I tried the 1942 demo from PSN and it's just a arcade game that really needs no real skill to master. I have 1943 and there is a lot more to this game than 1942 has. The planes require some skill to dart, climb, dive attack, and overall just keep it in the air to begin with. The vehicles also require some skills of when and where to use them.SparkyProtocol
1942 is not on PSN.

Are you sure because I downloaded the demo a few days ago from the Playstation Network. I played the demo for a few minutes and found it kinda boreing over 1943.
dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
Looking at your posting history, you're just a troll who hates the PC. Please nobody take this guy seriously. Stop bumping this thread.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

[QUOTE="steve17989"]

dc337

Some of the titles may be questionable (the same goes with all consoles), but the PC also has a ton of great indie games that never get reviewed, so it's a fair trade.

Oh yes, I think that was supposed to be an epic PC exclusive, before they dumbed it down for the console crowd (it used to be advertised with in-depth online gamemaster options, but all that was cut since the multiplat announcement, and now they only advertise it with excessive sex, gore and metal music). :roll:

Then again, it's still coming out on the PC...not that it really matters, since Bioware haven't made any RPGs in the past decade that have compared to the depth and originality of other old or recent PC-exclusive RPGs (like The Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, etc).

Hm, anyway, back on topic...it's not a huge loss for the PC, which is already inundated with great online shooters. Besides, it has only been delayed on the PC, while the consoles won't see two of the other new Battlefield games - BF Heroes and BF 3 - so I don't really think this counts as "ownage", or whatever the TC is trying to claim.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

rumor mill is saying that bf 43 took ea by suprise with it's sales success since it was just supposed to be basically a beta for bad company 2 mp

expect new maps before the end of the year

i'm thinking pc got put on the backburner as they scramble to cobble together more console content