At this point consoles arn't really worth much more than paperweights.

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. ChubbyGuy40

PC will also have GTA5 one day as well.

Yeah like a year later when nobody cares anymore.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. JohnnyCageMK

So what if we have to wait a few weeks or a few months? Cheaper, looks better, and better performance. Can't beat that.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. ChubbyGuy40

Maybe. Red Dead Redemption never made it.
jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. JohnnyCageMK

Everything about the pc version will be superior tho... and we've all seen the mods...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

no thanks... peecee gaming is lame... i like to pop the game in and just enjoy it. not interested in tweaking everything, updating cards, hardware etc... i like my gaming ultra simple and to me gaming on a console still gives me wow moments visually... pc is niche.

jimmyrussle117

low standards..

Maybe, but what does it matter? Im not interested in spending the money to get that performance.. its very much like buying a car. I could buy a land rover or a bmw suv but im more than happy driving my new ford explorer.... i know pc gaming can be a very high ebd experience but that doesnt mean i have to jump in. The game industry moves with consoles, pc elitists know this so untill the pc makes the games that cant be played on console then im cool where i am... again, no offense to pc and i can certainly afford a nice rig, just not interested.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. locopatho

And? That's one game out of the 6 or so they've released this gen. Not to mention every GTA has come to PC.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

One day...
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

no thanks... peecee gaming is lame... i like to pop the game in and just enjoy it. not interested in tweaking everything, updating cards, hardware etc... i like my gaming ultra simple and to me gaming on a console still gives me wow moments visually... pc is niche.

TheEroica

low standards..

Maybe, but what does it matter? Im not interested in spending the money to get that performance.. its very much like buying a car. I could buy a land rover or a bmw suv but im more than happy driving my new ford explorer.... i know pc gaming can be a very high ebd experience but that doesnt mean i have to jump in. The game industry moves with consoles, pc elitists know this so untill the pc makes the games that cant be played on console then im cool where i am... again, no offense to pc and i can certainly afford a nice rig, just not interested.

*Cough* MMO, RTS, Indie *Cough*

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
The Last of Us, God of War, GTA5, Beyond, Metal Gear: Rising. Sushiglutton
10 hour graphics whoring zombie game that will be bargain binned in a week. God of War is mediorcre. GTA5 ok, but will be on PC, and look/play much better. Metal Gear: Rising will suck, but is on PC anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Paperweights that will have GTA V day one>>> whatever you got. senses_fail_06

One day...

I can wait the 8 odd months it takes to make an actual decent version.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

And? That's one game out of the 6 or so they've released this gen. Not to mention every GTA has come to PC.

Just saying, you can't say for certain. After GTAIV, Red Dead was their biggest game this gen, I remember hermits saying "Lol superior version in 6 months" and yet it never happened. PC version is likely but not certain.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

low standards..

Riadon2

*Cough* MMO, RTS, Indie *Cough*

Haha... ill give you that. Though im not a huge fan of rts and mmos they are two genres consoles havent found much success with...
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]lol graphics..Jankarcop

more exclusives than all 3 consoles combined..well all 4 now:cool:

Very true in this aspect.

The question though is that how many of those are indy developed?

Its sad that some indy games dont sell, so consoles will most likely always be seen in a better light since their high budget games normally end up as ports on the PC.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

PC gamers are virgins fer life.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch
Not helping. In fact, getting in the way of actual discussion.
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Riadon2

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

lowe0

Surely you did not expect him to come up with a compelling argument?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Riadon2

Not an argument. A compelling fact.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I had over 300 mods in Skyrim last year but none of them made gameplay fun. Game's suck! If you own a gaming rig with ps3/360 its hard not to agree that they both do nothing else but collect dust.
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Riadon2

I had over 300 mods in Skyrim last year but none of them made gameplay fun. Game's suck! If you own a gaming rig with ps3/360 its hard not to agree that they both do nothing else but collect dust.silversix_

Really? Did you try SkyRe and Crimson Tide?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Riadon2

My whole thing is expecting people to come up with compelling arguments. I'd be inconsistent not to apply the same standards to my fellow consolites.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
Honestly, who cares? This is the same deal as those super ridiculous Crysis mods. Sure, they look great, but they add nothing in terms of gameplay or "fun value" Before I had my new PC, I played Skyrim on my 360. Did it look rough? Yes. Did it look terrible? No. It looked like a console game. That doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the game whatsoever. If you want to promote PC gaming, use stuff like Planetside 2's massive player count, BF3's massive difference in FPS and scale on PC, or just the smoothness of 60fps. Graphics do not make the game. Just look at Minecraft as an example of that. Even though the game looks like an NES game in 3D, the PC version is still leaps and bounds over the console versions in terms of content and gameplay. That's what PC gaming is really about, not flashy texture mods.
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Riadon2

Honestly, who cares? This is the same deal as those super ridiculous Crysis mods. Sure, they look great, but they add nothing in terms of gameplay or "fun value" Before I had my new PC, I played Skyrim on my 360. Did it look rough? Yes. Did it look terrible? No. It looked like a console game. That doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the game whatsoever. If you want to promote PC gaming, use stuff like Planetside 2's massive player count, BF3's massive difference in FPS and scale on PC, or just the smoothness of 60fps. Graphics do not make the game. Just look at Minecraft as an example of that. Even though the game looks like an NES game in 3D, the PC version is still leaps and bounds over the console versions in terms of content and gameplay. That's what PC gaming is really about, not flashy texture mods.Plagueless

It helps to feel that you are in a game and not just playing one.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#73 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Are all PC gamers graphics whores because it seems that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

You know, even after having PC's capabable of gaming I still prefer to play on consoles. After working all day and then working on my artwork for my portfolio, I don't want to stay in my computer chair, I want to lay down, go downstairs and play games on my 65" Plasma. Sure I can hook my laptop up to it, but it doesn't let me lay down on the couch, I have to hunch even more because the coffee table is lower. It's just not confortable. And not all games support gamepads. ME1-3 don't, DA 1 and 2 don't, Bioshock 2 doesn't.

Mainly my PC's are for work and some exclusive games, and I get most multiplats on my consoles because pure comfort > slight graphical improvment. Plus I still will always pick physical media to put on my shelf, DD takes the fun out of gaming. I like collecting things, I like displaying my collection on my shelf and as it grows it makes me happy. And I'm not kidding, I like collecting my games. Still have my NES, SNES, N64, PS2, GC, Xbox and their games too. It's mainly because I grew up on consoles since the NES and I will always prefer them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

You know, even after having PC's capabable of gaming I still prefer to play on consoles. After working all day and then working on my artwork for my portfolio, I don't want to stay in my computer chair, I want to lay down, go downstairs and play games on my 65" Plasma. Sure I can hook my laptop up to it, but it doesn't let me lay down on the couch, I have to hunch even more because the coffee table is lower. It's just not confortable. And not all games support gamepads. ME1-3 don't, DA 1 and 2 don't, Bioshock 2 doesn't.

Mainly my PC's are for work and some exclusive games, and I get most multiplats on my consoles because pure comfort > slight graphical improvment. Plus I still will always pick physical media to put on my shelf, DD takes the fun out of gaming. I like collecting things, I like displaying my collection on my shelf and as it grows it makes me happy. And I'm not kidding, I like collecting my games. Still have my NES, SNES, N64, PS2, GC, Xbox and their games too. It's mainly because I grew up on consoles since the NES and I will always prefer them.

ryangcnx-2
Every game works with controller, especially the ones you mention.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Well I'm still having lots of fun with my "paperweight" :Dkuraimen

Do you point and laugh at your dusty ps3 too? Good times man, good times...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Maybe. Red Dead Redemption never made it.locopatho

Just saying, you can't say for certain. After GTAIV, Red Dead was their biggest game this gen, I remember hermits saying "Lol superior version in 6 months" and yet it never happened. PC version is likely but not certain.

RDR was made by a R* studio that doesnt have PC experience.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

ryangcnx-2

Kind of ridiculous. I have my PC hooked up to a 42" LCD and a DLP projector on a 106" screen simultaneously. 360 controller works by default on any modern PC game this side of Diablo 3. I can play from my leather computer chair or sofa and have the Buttkicker on either one too. My PC has more than a slight graphical improvement in some titles the difference is monumental. As for things to put on a shelf VS DD, that's simply your mental hang up and has nothing to do with gaming. Now if you had said that you wanted something with trade-in or re-sale value it may have been a valid point.

CraigNinten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 CraigNinten
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

PC offeres more diversity. These days 80% of console releases are shooters or semi-shooters. Don't get me wrong shooters are fun, but you can only eat so much before your throw up. After so many years of playing shooters I had enough, now I use steam for refreshing Indie games, advanture games and other games that won't get released on consoles.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

MBirdy88
One day...

I can wait the 8 odd months it takes to make an actual decent version.

Sorry son, you must be confused. The PC version was the one that was broken at launch. The 360/Ps3 versions scored 10 (95+ on meta), I'd imagine they were pretty decent.
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts
I feel the same about My PC
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Riadon2

I feel the same about My PCGioVela2010

Then buy a better PC.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GioVela2010

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]I feel the same about My PCRiadon2

Then buy a better PC.

Why bother when the next Xbox will obliterate it in less than a year
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

HaloPimp978

Yep, but logic doesn't exist in fanboy world, so good luck arguing with them.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]I feel the same about My PCGioVela2010

Then buy a better PC.

1.) The next XBOX isn't going to be out in less than a year

2.) Consoles have never obliterated the PC, especially with the economy the way that it is.

Don't know why I'm feeding the trolls.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Riadon2

[QUOTE="HaloPimp978"]

sonic1564

Yep, but logic doesn't exist in fanboy world, so good luck arguing with them.

So enjoying visuals is illogical?

3657fh.jpg

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Bet you my consoles were easier to set up and make "compatible" with my games than your PC was...
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GioVela2010

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Then buy a better PC.

Riadon2

2.) Consoles have never obliterated the PC, especially with the economy the way that it is.

Uhh 360 was more powerful than the X1600 Pro
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sonic1564

3657fh.jpg

Riadon2

You play games only for graphics? I feel bad for you.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Why bother when the next Xbox will obliterate it in less than a year GioVela2010

The 7800 GTX was the fastest card of 2005, not to mention SLI/Crossfire and how much more CPU power and RAM PCs had at that time.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

3657fh.jpg

sonic1564

You play games only for graphics? I feel bad for you.

Oh yes.

I enjoy great visuals, therefore they are they only driving force behind my purchase.

Makes so much sense.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GioVela2010

Riadon2

The 7800 GTX was the fastest card of 2005, not to mention SLI/Crossfire and how much more CPU power and RAM PCs had at that time.

Cool except that was a $700 dollar card. And I said why bother getting a card today if the Xbox 720 will obliterate it a year from now. If u wanna counter that statement you need to find a GPU from 2004 that beats the Xbox 360
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sonic1564

Oh yes.

I enjoy great visuals, therefore they are they only driving force behind my purchase.

Makes so much sense.

Riadon2

Okay, if you think that graphics only matter in a video game, then you have no right to call yourself a gamer.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Well you could make the argument that consoles are not "paperweights" due to ease of use, getting games before the PC does (or even getting them without the PC getting it), having big devs cater more to you in DL and games, and don't have to upgrade.

You could also make the argument that consoles are paperweights because PC games are better technically and graphically if done right, they are at your fingertips while on the PC (which I'm guessing you're at now), more options for game settings, and mods.

Trying to justify either just doesn't get anywhere really.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Uhh 360 was more powerful than the X1600 ProGioVela2010

Cool except that was a $700 dollar card. And I said why bother getting a card today if the Xbox 720 will obliterate it a year from now. If u wanna counter that statement you need to find a GPU from 2004 that beats the Xbox 360

The 7800 GT was also significantly faster than the 1600 and significantly cheaper than the GTX. You couldn't afford either, though, being the basement dweller that you are.

The x800 XT, a 2004 card, came close to the 1600 while not surpassing it. It is irrelevant, though.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Riadon2

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Oh yes.

Makes so much sense.

sonic1564

Okay, if you think that graphics only matter in a video game, then you have no right to call yourself a gamer.

Okay, if you can't detect obvious sarcasm on system wars, you have no right to have an account.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

I honestly think the biggest use out of consoles is netflix.

edinsftw
I honestly think the biggest use out of PC's is surfing for Pron.
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GioVela2010

Riadon2

The 7800 GT was also significantly faster than the 1600 and significantly cheaper than the GTX. You couldn't afford either, though, being the basement dweller that you are.

The 9800 XT, a 2004 card, easily outperforms the 1600 when in crossfire.

Lol look at this neckbeard try and insult me. Crossfire didn't even exist in 2004 genius
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Riadon2

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

jessejay420

Can't go wrong with a 1440p monitor and surround-sound system.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="edinsftw"]

Riadon2

Can't go wrong with a 1440p monitor and surround-sound system.

True.