At this point consoles arn't really worth much more than paperweights.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Cool except that was a $700 dollar card. And I said why bother getting a card today if the Xbox 720 will obliterate it a year from now. If u wanna counter that statement you need to find a GPU from 2004 that beats the Xbox 360GioVela2010

The 7800 GT was also significantly faster than the 1600 and significantly cheaper than the GTX. You couldn't afford either, though, being the basement dweller that you are.

The 9800 XT, a 2004 card, easily outperforms the 1600 when in crossfire.

Lol look at this neckbeard try and insult me. Crossfire didn't even exist in 2004 genius

Google wars?

Stop being butthurt about your 7-year-old mechanical girlfriend becoming useless and get mommy and daddy to buy you an actual gaming machine.

#102 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]

The 7800 GT was also significantly faster than the 1600 and significantly cheaper than the GTX. You couldn't afford either, though, being the basement dweller that you are.

The 9800 XT, a 2004 card, easily outperforms the 1600 when in crossfire.

Riadon2

Lol look at this neckbeard try and insult me. Crossfire didn't even exist in 2004 genius

Google wars?

Stop being butthurt about your 7-year-old outdated mechanical girlfriend becoming useless and buy an actual gaming machine.

I raped every one of your rebuttals and this is the best you have? Lol pathetic.
#103 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Lol look at this neckbeard try and insult me. Crossfire didn't even exist in 2004 geniusGioVela2010

Google wars?

Stop being butthurt about your 7-year-old outdated mechanical girlfriend becoming useless and buy an actual gaming machine.

I raped every one of your rebuttals and this is the best you have? Lol pathetic.

Yes, I am raped because I don't play on 2005 hardware and settle for $60 online and 2 AA exclusives a year.

#104 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -
Again it's stupid to upgrade my GPU now when a Xbox 720 will rape it a year from now, all your counter replies have failed
#105 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

Again it's stupid to upgrade my GPU now when a Xbox 720 will rape it a year from now, all your counter replies have failed  GioVela2010

This has never happened, lemming logic FTL.

The 720 is going to go more casual with Kinect and Microsoft will not be able to support super-highend hardware with the economy in such bad shape, no one has $700 to spend on such a limited machine (PS3 did terrible upon release, and XBOX720 would do even worse if it took this path). The XBOX lacks first-party studios and a lot of its main audience from this gen has migrated over to the superior PS3.

And my only "failed" counter-reply was assuming crossfire existed a year before it did. I didn't even play PC games then, and I didn't feel like scowering the web 8 years in the past any more than I did. This is irrelevant regardless, I will simply upgrade my GPU upon 720 release.

#106 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Again it's stupid to upgrade my GPU now when a Xbox 720 will rape it a year from now, all your counter replies have failed  Riadon2

This has never happened

Happened with 360, didn't bother reading the rest since ur first sentence was wrong lol

#107 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Again it's stupid to upgrade my GPU now when a Xbox 720 will rape it a year from now, all your counter replies have failed  GioVela2010

This has never happened

Happened with 360, didn't bother reading the rest since ur first sentence was wrong lol

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

#108 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Look at what the PC can do. Just look. And keep in mind that they ran this at a 40 fps average.http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/skyrim-graphics-mods/

Stay mad console kiddies, stay mad.

jimmyrussle117
I am a PC gamer and I feel sorry for you. Only morons force restrictions on themselves. I enjoy consoles as well.
#109 Posted by MK-Professor (3862 posts) -

butthurt all around

#110 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Riadon2"]This has never happenedRiadon2

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

What truth? All I read was ur untruthful first sentence
#111 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

[QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

You know, even after having PC's capabable of gaming I still prefer to play on consoles. After working all day and then working on my artwork for my portfolio, I don't want to stay in my computer chair, I want to lay down, go downstairs and play games on my 65" Plasma. Sure I can hook my laptop up to it, but it doesn't let me lay down on the couch, I have to hunch even more because the coffee table is lower. It's just not confortable. And not all games support gamepads. ME1-3 don't, DA 1 and 2 don't, Bioshock 2 doesn't.

Mainly my PC's are for work and some exclusive games, and I get most multiplats on my consoles because pure comfort > slight graphical improvment. Plus I still will always pick physical media to put on my shelf, DD takes the fun out of gaming. I like collecting things, I like displaying my collection on my shelf and as it grows it makes me happy. And I'm not kidding, I like collecting my games. Still have my NES, SNES, N64, PS2, GC, Xbox and their games too. It's mainly because I grew up on consoles since the NES and I will always prefer them.

MBirdy88

Every game works with controller, especially the ones you mention.

No they DON'T,obviously you have never tried because they don't. I have heard of pinnacle and that other crap, but it doesn't work 100%, it feel clunky and you have to spend forever trying to map it and get the sticks to feel right and in the end it's not smooth. I work on PC's all day, then I come home and work on 3-D work, the last thing I want to do is jerry rig things for an hour so games work, hence why I like consoles better.

And again, Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II, Bioshock 2 are some examples THAT DON'T SUPPORT GAMEPADS!! The reason I bring those games up is because they are some of my favorites and play them quite a bit. Their UI is not set for a gamepad, Bioware and 2K did not implement the gamepad control schemes into the games and have by default said they have no plans too.

#112 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

Carlos is upset that PC has the best version of "90%" of multiplats, over twice the FramesPS than nearly all console games, better gfx than all console games by a pretty good margin, and more exclusives than ALL 4 CONSOLES COMBINED.

Slain:cool:

butthurt all around

MK-Professor

Couldn't have said it better myself.:cool:

#113 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

Carlos is upset that PC has the best version of "90%" of multiplats, over twice the FramesPS than nearly all console games, better gfx than all console games by a pretty good margin, and more exclusives than ALL 4 CONSOLES COMBINED.

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

butthurt all around

Jankarcop

My PC is better than yours, PC gaming is garbage
#114 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

butthurt all around

GioVela2010

What I wrote is facts.

eGInc.gif

#115 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

What I wrote is facts.

eGInc.gif

As is what I wrote
#116 Posted by Sphensen (808 posts) -

Look at what the PC can do. Just look. And keep in mind that they ran this at a 40 fps average.http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/skyrim-graphics-mods/

jimmyrussle117

you know, consoles are also PCs just made to only run games.

But there is one thing that your PC can't do and that's play Nintendo games. ( unless you steal them)

#117 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6695 posts) -

Skyrim isn't the most technical thing out there. Its middish to high at best.

You wouldn't need a too powerful PC to max it.

Still though consoles are far from "paperweights" because of their ease of use and their prices are still cheaper than most rigs.

Troll harder good sir.

AznbkdX
Click on the link. Skyrim with mods is one of the best looking games ever made, right up there with Crysis 1-2, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3 etc.
#118 Posted by AznbkdX (3482 posts) -

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

Skyrim isn't the most technical thing out there. Its middish to high at best.

You wouldn't need a too powerful PC to max it.

Still though consoles are far from "paperweights" because of their ease of use and their prices are still cheaper than most rigs.

Troll harder good sir.

Mozelleple112

Click on the link. Skyrim with mods is one of the best looking games ever made, right up there with Crysis 1-2, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3 etc.

I guess with the mods its great. Then again most PC games with mods are great, some probably even better than that. Just saying that if you want to compare awesomeness in graphics to the console you got better alternatives.

I just think this whole console gaming is garbage thing is kind of stupid.

#119 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -
Mods are dumb, get a life instead
#120 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -
Mods are dumb, get a life insteadGioVela2010
I reject reality and substitute Skyrim :P
#121 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Sphensen

you know, consoles are also PCs just made to only run games.

But there is one thing that your PC can't do and that's play Nintendo games. ( unless you steal them)

On the contrary, Wii games run at full HD on the PC, no stealing required.. Just install the emulator, put the game in the drive, and play...
#122 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

Can it run exclusives on either of the HD twins? No? Kk.

#123 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

lundy86_4
That's why it's good to be a Manticore :D
#124 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

superclocked

That's why it's good to be a Manticore :D

Exactly.

#125 Posted by mjf249 (2875 posts) -
Who cares. Just enjoy your games. These threads are pointless, no crap PC's blow consoles out in terms of raw horsepower. It's been known for a long time *yawn* just play your games.
#126 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Mods are dumb, get a life insteadsuperclocked
I reject reality and substitute Skyrim :P

#127 Posted by Newhopes (4654 posts) -

Nothing I want to play on PC so why would I game on a PC especially when I don't really care about graphics.

#128 Posted by clone01 (25139 posts) -
Mods are dumb, get a life insteadGioVela2010
Says the guy trolling a videogame forum.
#129 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Mods are dumb, get a life insteadclone01

Lmao this kid has like 10 kids (which is a given, considering....) and he trolls multiple game sites with lies/falsehoods.

#130 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Mods are dumb, get a life insteadclone01

Nobody trolling, simply stating facts
#131 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Mods are dumb, get a life insteadJankarcop

Lmao this kid has like 10 kids (which is a given, considering....) and he trolls multiple game sites with lies/falsehoods.

I have 2 kids, nice try worlds smelliest man
#132 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

Nobody trolling, simply stating facts GioVela2010

Based on?

I'd love to see the studies/research that make these "facts".

#133 Posted by GioVela2010 (4291 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Nobody trolling, simply stating facts lundy86_4

Based on?

google.com
#134 Posted by lundy86_4 (44020 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]Nobody trolling, simply stating facts GioVela2010

Based on?

google.com

you'reanidiot.com? Never heard of it.