Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by with_teeth26 (6353 posts) -

Marketing overload kinda killed the hype for me. Looks like the other games with trees and more combat animations.

I'll still probably get it when it comes out for PC

#52 Posted by XVision84 (13807 posts) -

Day one, baby, day one.

This is the only game I'm hyped for this year, I already have it paid in full.

Nice HYPE thread by the way.

#54 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Maaan, evil George Washington sounds f*ckin crucial.
#55 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
Awesome OP:) Anyway, I'd say 9 or 9.5 on Gamespot and GOTY with at least a 93 on Metacritic.
#56 Posted by BrunoBRS (73433 posts) -
Maaan, evil George Washington sounds f*ckin crucial.Cherokee_Jack
i think they were so tired of being called out on their game that they decided to slap everyone in the face with that announcement :P plus, badass, creepy concept art:
#57 Posted by XVision84 (13807 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Day one, baby, dayone.

This is the only game I'm hyped for this year, I already have it paid in full.

Nice HYPE thread by the way.

TheGuardian03

Dishonored?

Meh, not really interested in that game. And besides, AC III looks much better IMO.

#58 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

New trailer with details on Connor's character

Wow this trailer is amazing!

#59 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
26 more days! :D
#60 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

-Patrick_92-

The music in this trailer is so awesome:shock:

#61 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

-Patrick_92-

That would be 47 days for me; I would end up getting the Wii U version.

#62 Posted by BrunoBRS (73433 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
*hype*
#63 Posted by charizard1605 (62998 posts) -
Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?
#64 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
AAA
#65 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
Hopefully the multiplayer doesn't suck this time.
#66 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

Hopefully the multiplayer doesn't suck this time.JohnnyCageMK

It didn't suck in the other games, unless you're talking about loading times and matchmaking issues.

If was actually quite unique.

#67 Posted by biggest_loser (24180 posts) -
After reading a preview article on Giant Bomb that said that some elements work better than others for this game, I'm keeping my hype in check. I think it will be about an 8.5 and I just worry that people are going to call it masterpiece here even if its just pretty good. Its been a pretty miserable year so far.
#68 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

After reading a preview article on Giant Bomb that said that some elements work better than others for this game, I'm keeping my hype in check. I think it will be about an 8.5 and I just worry that people are going to call it masterpiece here even if its just pretty good. Its been a pretty miserable year so far. biggest_loser

Did they say which elements they were talking about?

#69 Posted by BrunoBRS (73433 posts) -
Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?charizard1605
you haven't played GW2. and you get hyped too easily, and disappointed just as easily.
#70 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?charizard1605
Its only competition is Halo 4 and Mass Effect 3, so most likely.
#71 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]After reading a preview article on Giant Bomb that said that some elements work better than others for this game, I'm keeping my hype in check. I think it will be about an 8.5 and I just worry that people are going to call it masterpiece here even if its just pretty good. Its been a pretty miserable year so far. PhazonBlazer

Did they say which elements they were talking about?

I'd guess they disliked the naval combat and hunting and potentially the Desmond parts.
#72 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
Two AC games in October, yay! :P
#73 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?TheDidact

Halo 4 will be a much better game. Max Payne 3 will still be better. Dishonored and Hitman Absolution will be better too. I don't understand what people see in AC3 that makes them think its some huge improvement. The AI is still the dumbest in gaming. RDR already did open world hunting over 2 years ago.
#74 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?JohnnyCageMK

Halo 4 will be a much better game. Max Payne 3 will still be better. Dishonored and Hitman Absolution will be better too. I don't understand what people see in AC3 that makes them think its some huge improvement. The AI is still the dumbest in gaming. RDR already did open world hunting over 2 years ago.

I also think I'll like Halo 4 more and I forgot about Dishonored, it got a 9.5 at CVG, who called it GOTY-Calibur and a once in a generation type of game.
#75 Posted by padaporra (3464 posts) -

This King Washington idea sounds really cool, I wonder what will be the reaction from the general people to it.

#76 Posted by khoofia_pika (13556 posts) -
Should be AAA, but this is GS, so there's a huge chance it'll get an AA score. But definitely an AAA title on IGN and Metacritic.
#77 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -

You should add liberation in this hype.

#78 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
AAA, 9.0. Vita version, 8.0 (I was thinking 7.5, but judging against its peers, there's a bit more room to stand out).
#79 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

Updated with Vita info.

#80 Posted by charizard1605 (62998 posts) -
AAA, 9.0. Vita version, 8.0 (I was thinking 7.5, but judging against its peers, there's a bit more room to stand out).lowe0
The Vita version might be the first AAAE of the generation. It looks good if a bit sterile
#81 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

New info on the Vita version

#82 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

New info on the Vita version

PhazonBlazer

Was just about to post this :P

I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried about the quality of this game, but every time I see more of AC3:L it always impresses me.

#83 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

Can't wait for this game! Day 1 :)

#84 Posted by slugger909 (294 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Did I mention that this is GotY without a doubt?JohnnyCageMK

Max Payne 3? U serious right now?
#85 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

Cool fan video

#86 Posted by Pffrbt (6601 posts) -

Neither Assassin's Creed 1, 2, or Brotherhood were good. I'm not sure why this would be.

#87 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -
I say a 9.0-10 on GS
#88 Posted by omho88 (3967 posts) -

Assasin Creed isn't that good anyway ... it's an A series for me, based on my history wz the first one ... but reviwing wise, this one should score AAA.

#89 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

New Assassins Creed 3 commercial

#90 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Some gameplay & interview for Liberation

#91 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

rjdofu

This game almost makes me want to buy a Vita

...almost:P

#92 Posted by princeofshapeir (15609 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Its only competition is Halo 4 and Mass Effect 3, so most likely.slugger909

Max Payne 3 was an excellent game and an easy contender for GOTY.
#93 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

rjdofu

Looks great.

#94 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

IGN Making of Assassins Creed 3 Part 3

20 more days...

#95 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="slugger909"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Halo 4 will be a much better game. Max Payne 3 will still be better. Dishonored and Hitman Absolution will be better too. I don't understand what people see in AC3 that makes them think its some huge improvement. The AI is still the dumbest in gaming. RDR already did open world hunting over 2 years ago. princeofshapeir

Max Payne 3 was an excellent game and an easy contender for GOTY.

My GOTY so far. Max Payne 3 was insanely good. Best third person shooter of the generation by a mile.

#96 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
It will score high and be awful just like every other game in the series.
#97 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

What does everyone think about Connor's voice acting? Some people don't like the voice acting but I think it sounds pretty good.

#98 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

What does everyone think about Connor's voice acting? Some people don't like the voice acting but I think it sounds pretty good.

PhazonBlazer
I think it's fine, at first I wasn't that fond of it, but it has grown on me the more trailers I have seen.
#99 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

I don't get how that puff daddy song makes sense in commercials. I mean the song is fine by itself, but I don't understand how it's good commercial music for an action game where you slaughter a lot of british people. jg4xchamp

Yeah, I was confuzzled by it too.

#100 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
AAA